TV viewing habits

Yes?

My turtle did run away. I had it in an aquarium and but it must have climbed out and I never knew where it went. I had only had it for a week or so. ?!

Yes?

My turtle did run away. I had it in an aquarium and but it must have climbed out and I never knew where it went. I had only had it for a week or so. ?!
Funny But when I logged on to catch up with this thread a turtle documentary is playing in my TV set.

I have never really noticed just how interesting turtles really are.

Edit; removed last sentence.

Last edited:
Never had a turtle for a pet, but I did have turtle soup once.
Yeah. Caught a snapper while fishing once. Hardest thing I ever dressed. The wife made soup. Wasnt worth the time it took to butcher it. By the way. Awhile after cutting his head off l put a stick up to its mouth and it clamped down on it. Moral of the story is, dead snappers can still bite.

They have been here long before even snakes!
They have?...

Genesis 1:24 (KJV) And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Genesis 1:31 (KJV) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

They have?...

Genesis 1:24 (KJV) And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Genesis 1:31 (KJV) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
That’s National geographic for ya

No, it wasn't in my house, it was at a hostel I was staying in Singapore. I thought I could keep a pet. It probably found the nearest pond and made a bid for freedom.
So, it appears that the Pond Slider (Red-Eared Slider / Cumberland Slider) is the best type of turtle to have as a pet. They can live up to 40 years. It's kind of like having a pet rock, I guess.

Back