TV viewing habits

Skippy was good.
The bush kangaroo.
I loved that, and also
Flipper!

and who remembers monkey!

monkaaaaaaaay😂
Flipper....

The stage where they filmed flipper is in what we call Key Biscayne here. Some people purchased it. It is really well hidden, but it is kind of like a bar where local bands play and you can buy smoked fish and sit around listening to the music.

When we was youngin's, my brother, Bob, and my sister, Bob, didn't have no TV - 'cause we was so poor that we couldn't
afford an antenna, let alone a TV. What we done was to sit in front of our cabin window and look out over the woods and watch all the deer, bear, mountain lions, raccoons, possums and skunks chasin' each other around the back 40 acres. Meemaw and Pawpaw finally got a black and white TV in 1960, but the dang thing needed electricity to work, so Pawpaw had to have a line run in from the road a mile away. Pawpaw forgot to get him an antenna when he was in town, so after we went huntin' one time, we just got us a set of rabbit ears - from a real rabbit. It worked out OK, but once in awhile, them rabbit ears would hop right off the top of the TV by themselves and we'd find 'em out in the garden eatin' carrots.

I remember watchin The Mickey Mouse Club every afternoon - and a couple of mice in the cabin would watch too. Them was the good ole' days.

Last edited:
When we was youngin's, my brother, Bob, and my sister, Bob, didn't have no TV - 'cause we was so poor that we couldn't
afford an antenna, let alone a TV. What we done was to sit in front of our cabin window and look out over the woods and watch all the deer, bear, mountain lions, raccoons, possums and skunks chasin' each other around the back 40 acres. Meemaw and Pawpaw finally got a black and white TV in 1960, but the dang thing needed electricity to work, so Pawpaw had to have a line run in from the road a mile away. Pawpaw forgot to get him an antenna when he was in town, so after we went huntin' one time, we just got us a set of rabbit ears - from a real rabbit. It worked out OK, but once in awhile, them rabbit ears would hop right off the top of the TV by themselves and we'd find 'em out in the garden eatin' carrots.

I remember watchin The Mickey Mouse Club every afternoon - and a couple of mice in the cabin would watch too. Them was the good ole' days.
Every time I read your posts now I look at the bottom first to see if there is a disclaimer or not. LOL
Do you always carry on like this?

Haha yes the antenna. We fixed ours on the roof and its now a dish that gets reception, if it didn't, it would go fuzzy.
Now you have 'smart tvs' lol.
Though some people used to call the tv the 'idiot box' and that your eyes would go square if you watched it too much. Nowadays most tvs are rectangle shaped, and much bigger, with flat screens.

What I did like was the teletext captions, so if I was watching a really american show like 'The Nanny' and couldn't understand their Noo Yawk accent, I could read the subtitles and I'd learn a few new words as well.

Videogames my brothers did go in for when they got a console, it was sega, and they were addicted for a while to sonic the hedgehog, and totally hog the tv for hours at a time. Unfortunatley in many households TV was the babysitter. You didn't have to DO anything just sit there and stare.

We only ever had one tv, until broadband internet came along and youtube meant you could watch tv on your computer. I wasn't never that interested in youtube though, mostly for short clips or if I was bored.

Now my sister has subscribed to Netflix, so we watched Babysitters Club, which only shows on there. (nostalgia for our childhood reading the books!) I had a look and there's really nothing else on there that appeals.

There is absolutely nothing else currently on regular tv that I would really want to sit down to watch. The only thing we turn it on for now is the covid updates lol. Dad mostly has the tv for his sport, and pays a sub to get it.

I am much more of a reader than a telly watcher. I can't just sit there and watch tv mindlessly like some people can.

Wait, you had a sister named Bob?

There's also God tube instead of Youtube.

Only problems are it's not free or it's full of ads, just like everything entertaining.
Probably ads are the main reason I prefer books to magazines and newspapers, and over tv.

Yes there's still a small amount of advertising at the back end of SOME books, but it's not like it's all throughout or on the cover or anything.

Nah I just read the bible to learn about God, and Jesus Christ. Still like sometimes my music, and watching youtube, though mostly it is just games, or my teacher (Heart of the Matter Shawn Mcranny) or music.

To those who liked twilight zone a couple of my favorites was a person who desired all the books in the world and after a nuclear strike he came upon a standing library but end up breaking his glasses.

Another one is of a librarian who was no longer found of any use, and the government was going to execute him in front of the public, for display of power. (The librarian was very crafty in that show even though he still died anyway) - profound showing of Christ like love. (In my opinion.)

Another one is a lady who desired with all her might to beautiful like the other in this hospital. However, they could never make her look just right, and had to go to the other facility with all the (Defective people were) - great psychological perspective of beauty and vanity.

Another one is of 5 characters in this large well, a clown, a ballerina, a general, a bum, and a ... I forgot. Either way, they looked for all types of ways to get out, and once they teamed up to make it and the general fell out, you realize they were all children's toys. - a great psychological display of the mind, and all of the feelings we go through.

Another one when this airplane ship goes back in time, to the dinosaurs which was neat.

Another one is Talking Tina doll, - a great psychological trip from the perspective of an angry father.

And one more that I can think of off the top of my head is these two couple go into a diner, and they see a fortune telling box, that only cost a penny. They rely on it so much they can not stop using it, even coming back later after they are older. A great psychological telling of idolism.

There's also God tube instead of Youtube.

Only problems are it's not free or it's full of ads, just like everything entertaining.
Probably ads are the main reason I prefer books to magazines and newspapers, and over tv.

Yes there's still a small amount of advertising at the back end of SOME books, but it's not like it's all throughout or on the cover or anything.
I do not like commercials either, but someone has to pay the bills.

Back