Unanswered Prayer Requests

Hello, I'm weewillie a new member, this is my first post.
At the risk of coming across as presumptuous, I'd like to offer my own personal view\understanding (or my take, as they say nowadays) based on my personal years of experience regarding Unanswered Prayers.

OK here goes.

You're down on your knees once again and still, God has not replied to your urgent heart-felt prayer request.

"Unanswered Prayer Requests" soo hard to accept and deal with.....Yes?

You've prayed, you've pleaded, you've asked God for His support perhaps more than you've ever required it of Him, yet God simply does not reply.
You may feel utterly let down, utterly alone, you may have descended into burdensome depression, unable to understand why God would not reply to perhaps the most important, the most urgent, prayer request ever.
If that sounds familiar, here's a note I would like to offer regarding the subject of unanswered prayers, please do keep in mind of though, this is my experience only. (my wife also shares these sentiments)
On every occasion, after offering a prayer request up to God, He always answers. He never forgets, never neglects, and never overlooks a prayer request, He Always answers.
He may answer speedily, He may answer in due season, and here's the big one, He may answer with a No.
Yes, as far as I'm concerned God "Always" answers our prayer requests. There are No unanswered prayer requests, ever.
We must never confuse a No Answer, with a No Reply.

A human father, (or mother) wisely adopts that "No" rule occasionally, correct? He is fully aware his child's request on any given particular occasion could or would cause the child harm, therefore he has to reject the request.
Isn't it just so then, a wise human father\mother is as well aware as you and I are that no matter how much they love their child or children there are occasions when father has to say No.

So much wise then, will our Father in heaven, much as He loves us, wisely answers a prayer request with a "No" occasionally, No...not now my child.
If we can accept a No, to a prayer request now and again while attempting not to fall into burdensome despair or depression, constantly reminding ourselves God loves us so much that He may\will respond to a prayer request with a "No" occasionally. If we can learn to accept the "No" answer. If we can learn the "No" answer (not a No reply) from God is the wisest, most intelligent, most prudent, most foresighted answer, we will be richly blessed now and in our future Christian life, fully aware God still is working in our lives despite Him answering a prayer request with a "No" (not on this occasion).

Unanswered prayer request\s... I know the experience, I've been there many times in the past. I know the effect it has when we do not receive a reply from God after offering up a prayer request. However, as the years past it eventually began to sink in the No (not now) WAS the reply from God. I gradually learned to accept the "No" (not on this occasion). I slowly began to realize I must not confuse a "No" reply" with a "No Answer". I gradually learned through many tears, that I would later thank God for the occasional "No" reply with tears of joy streaming from my eyes.

I know the feeling to later realize the "No" answer to a prayer request from God was the wisest answer I could ever have hoped for and thank Him for saying No (not on this occasion) not now.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no unanswered prayer requests from God, ever.
Doesn't God know us better than we know ourselves? Doesn't God know every last detail concerning all of us? Doesn't it make sense then, that God may reply to a prayer request with a No, if and when necessary\applicable? Doesn't it make sense God knows if our heart and mind are in the correct place we will, someday, thank Him for that "No"?
Isn't it part of being a Christian to joyfully accept a No in reply to a prayer request occasionally. Isn't it part of our Christian life to realize when God says No in reply to a prayer request He still is actively working within us. So, then, we really should rejoice on those occasions when God wisely replies to a prayer request with a "No".

Unanswered prayer request\s!
Take heart, there are no unanswered prayer requests as far as I'm concerned. We are, each and every one of us only too aware how deeply God knows us and our intentions, He knows us better than we know ourselves, He knows what's best for us, He knows when to say No in reply to a prayer request. God knows if we continue to remain loyal, and close to Him, working faithfully while keeping our heart and mind in the correct place, we will gain much from receiving a "NO" in answer to a prayer request. However, it is obviously up to each of us to discover, find out for ourselves, discovering and accepting if, and when God replies to a prayer request with a NO, we can be assured He still is actively working in our lives for our melioration. "Melioration" that particular word perfectly defines the word I intended to use... betterment.

On our darkest of days under the darkest of clouds, the sun is always shining above them, waiting for the dark clouds to part, in order to bless us with its warm glow.

Take heart, for on our darkest of days, like the sun, God is waiting patiently for the right moment to break through the dark cloud that may occasionally hang over our lives, bringing all to a successful ending.

On our darkest of days under the darkest of clouds, the sun is always shining above them, simply waiting for the dark clouds to part in order to bless us with a warm welcoming glow.

But wait, what about ......

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Mathew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:11
11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

*Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Luke 11:9-13
9 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
11 Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?
12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.

John 14:13-14
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

John 15:7
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

John 16:23-24
23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

James 1:5-6
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

1 John 3:22
and receive from him anything we ask because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.

1 John 5:14-15
14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

1 Kings 3:5
In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give you.

Jeremiah 29:12-13
12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

*Have you ever heard or heard of someone responding to an appeal for help with the answer "it's yours" (already).
You will agree, I am sure, it does not indicate the person appealing for help has already received whatever he\she is appealing for, it simply means they are now assured it is forthcoming.
That's how I interpret the message, the intention, the assurance of Mark 11:24

Finally.
Have you ever noticed the thread running through the above verses? God does not actually state a time frame within which "We shall receive" in any of the above verses?

We believe, we ask in faith, we trust, we wait.
There are NO unanswered prayer request's ever as far as my I'm concerned

Perhaps many good members in here have waited longer, however, despite me being in a very serious situation the longest I've held on for a "Yes" reply from God was one year.
I never gave up though, and the wait was perfectly correct in my case, I simply was not ready, not prepared, not mature enough to receive a "Yes" reply from God at that particular time in my life.

Fight the good fight, you win.

Warmest regards, even if you totally disagree with the above. (y)
weewillie.

NB
I've still to work out how to place my signature in my profile, however, this is not in
any way an attempt to sway any good member's genuine personal view on this subject.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

The "reader" of the written word may, on occasion, be unable to determine the
attitude behind the "writer" of the written word.
On those occasions, adoptive positivity very often calms the undecided mind.
weewillie 1998

Last edited:
You've prayed, you've pleaded, you've asked God for His support perhaps more than you've ever required it of Him, yet God simply does not reply
Which scripture would we use to say God will respond to pleading, support and so forth?

See scripture says God responds to faith.
There is no faith in the pleading and trying to convince God. Asking God for His support is a fancy way of saying , begging or trying to convince.

Scripture says if we believe and NOT doubt in the heart. That's Faith and faith don't beg.
Blessings
FCJ

See scripture says God responds to faith.
There is no faith in the pleading and trying to convince God. Asking God for His support is a fancy way of saying , begging or trying to convince.

Scripture says if we believe and NOT doubt in the heart. That's Faith and faith don't beg.
Blessings

That was quick Fish Catcher Jim, I never expected such a speedy reply, so I must thank you for being the first member replying to my first ever post.
Below are just a few examples from the Bible I rely on regarding\touching the subject of begging\pleading\ or attempting to convince God.

2 Corinthians 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his *appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

2nd: Samuel 12:16
David *pleaded with God on behalf of the boy and David fasted. He went to spend the night and lay upon the ground.

Genesis. 30:32
Then God remembered Rachel and answered her *pleading and made it possible for her to have children.

1st Kings 8:28
Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his *plea for mercy, Lord my God.
Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and *petition, thanksgiving, present your requests to God
*begging\beseeching.

Psalm. 5:2
Hear my **cry for help, my King, and my God, for to you I pray.

2 Corinthians 8:4
they urgently *pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people.

Romans 11:2
God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he **appealed to God against Israel:

2nd Corinthians 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his **appeal through us.

** In other words ..Pleading.

>>>>>

Fish Catcher Jim, in my experience it is not until one's back is pressed so hard against the wall causing the design\pattern to be imprinted on their back can anyone say with certainty, just how one will react in any given circumstance.

In my case, during the months leading up to April 1972, I would lie spreadeagled on the floor when our house was empty, asking\pleading\begging\imploring\beseaching God to help release me from the awful addictive\burden and binding chains of alcoholism I had been enduring for a decade when I was just a young man. 18-28.

I have never forgotten how God gave me the strength, the will, the courage to overcome that awful addictive illness.
In saying that, God did make me wait a year due to me not being mature enough or ready or to succeed.

I am very fortunate, not every alcoholic survives. I myself nearly died, I'd attempted suicide on three occasions during those dark years.
However, the dark clouds (the term I like to use) eventually parted in April 1972.

As I mentioned, and placed a reminder in my post, the content of my first post is only from my years of experience.

I'm guessing I cannot be the only one who has or will suffer a great trial during their life when a lot of logical thinking, including Spiritual thinking, goes straight out of the window.

Shalom.

weewillie

The reader of the written word may, on occasion, be unable to determine the
attitude behind the writer of the written word.
weewillie 1998

Last edited:
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and *petition, thanksgiving, present your requests to God
Petition is not begging or pleading.
Petition is actually a very well thought out prayer including what you are seeking with His words that cover it.
One is taking God's Written Word to Him in prayer.

Old testiment can not be compared to the new Testament believer.
Old testiment. Priest and kings and prophets were given the Holy Spirit.

New Testament believer has the Holy Spirit and we are to be Spirit Led By Faith.

2nd Corinthians 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his **appeal th
This has nothing to do with begging or trying to convince God.

Thank you for replying and I will reply again when I have a little more time. I just wanted to touch base so you would not think I was ignoring you.
Thanks again
Blessings
FCJ

Fish Catcher Jim, in my experience it is not until one's back is pressed so hard against the wall causing the design\pattern to be imprinted on their back can anyone say with certainty, just how one will react in any given circumstance.

All believers will face this throughout their walk. This is when we find out what we are made of. Another words, what's in us in abundance, Faith or the world or carnality or natural man (flesh)

Your right we don't know how some one will react but I can tell you How God says we ARE TO REACT.
By Faith. With His Word. Using and Standing unshakeable with His Word. Obedient unto His Way of doing things.
That eliminates the guess work.

Blessings
FCJ

Hmm sometimes faith and hope requires patience.
And patience can take a very long time. But its a fruit of the holy spirit, so while you are waiting for the prayer to be answered God is cultivating your fruits.

And after all this is what romans 8:24-25 says

For we are saved by hope, but hope that is seen is not hope, for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Likable and true Lanolin, it was only later the realization of why God made me wait a year before I was anywhere near being in a mature state of mind in order to maintain the brighter future I so much yearned for and, despite me crying out to God for help, I certainly gained patience.
The future was certainly not all sunshine and roses though however, with God's and my darling wife's support, I'm here today at the contented age of 73.

I am truly blessed.
Amen to that.

A memory just came flooding back....before I met my wife I would sit in my bedroom between 18:45 and 19:00 listening to a religious broadcast while scoffing a bottle of dinner wine. That was before I went out for a serious drinking session. How perverse was that. :eek:

Fortunately, I never lost sight of God then, and through the intervening years to present.

Yes, I'm truly blessed indeed. (Thank you, God)

Thank you also, for your positive reply. (10 + 10 4 U)

weewillie.

weewillie 1998

All believers will face this throughout their walk. This is when we find out what we are made of. Another words, what's in us in abundance, Faith or the world or carnality or natural man (flesh)

Your right we don't know how some one will react but I can tell you How God says we ARE TO REACT.
By Faith. With His Word. Using and Standing unshakeable with His Word. Obedient unto His Way of doing things.
That eliminates the guess work.

Blessings
FCJ

Of course all believers should react in the manner in which God commands and teaches, File Catcher Jim. Amen to that.

We all should do so......but again, I guarantee not one single person, believer or otherwise, can say with any certainty just how they will react in any future given circumstance.
We all desire and should strive to faithfully follow God's beautiful words, commands and encouragement....but, we all are anything but 100% perfection personified.

Sadly, aren't we all capable of sinning occasionally, aren't we all capable of failing occasionally, aren't we all capable of falling occasionally.
We hope, we pray we will not participate in anything God disapproves of.

Fortunately, we are given the opportunity to pray for forgiveness while striving never to repeat anything God would consider a sin.

I appreciate your continued contributary replies. (y)

Shalom
weewillie.

weewillie 1998

Be careful about roses lol most have thorns. If it was me I'd rather have sunshine and...olive trees.

:D

Shalom.

weewillie

weewillie 1998

Petition is not begging or pleading.
Petition is actually a very well thought out prayer including what you are seeking with His words that cover it.
One is taking God's Written Word to Him in prayer.

Old testiment can not be compared to the new Testament believer.
Old testiment. Priest and kings and prophets were given the Holy Spirit.

New Testament believer has the Holy Spirit and we are to be Spirit Led By Faith.

This has nothing to do with begging or trying to convince God.

Thank you for replying and I will reply again when I have a little more time. I just wanted to touch base so you would not think I was ignoring you.
Thanks again
Blessings
FCJ

You are of course correct, a petition is, in fact, a formal written request, Fish Catcher Jim.

I thank you for correcting me.

Shalom.

weewillie

weewillie 1998

but again, I guarantee not one single person, believer or otherwise, can say with any certainty just how they will react in any future given circumstance.
Actually that is totally incorrect.
Those who are dominated by the Most Holy Written Word Of God will respond to EVERY situation in the same way. By Faith.

A disaster strikes and they are not moved by anything but the Most Holy Written Word Of God. The Joy of The Lord is always Present.
It's the Word that Rises up and out from the start. Remember First Words Count.
Blessings

Something to add.
Where is ones Faith Level?
Are you 100 percent sure ?
Do you wonder if He will?
Do you speak out words opposed to your faith, belief and prayer as you wait?

When the enemy tries your FAITH , can you stand unshakeable?

Example, I guess He can if He wants to or we just never know what God will do.
That's Doubt and Unbelief and Faith can NOT work in that environment.
Blessings

Perhaps when prayers are answered straight away, God knew how long that person had already been patiently waiting before he or she asked. For example, the woman who had the bleeding for 18 years. The instant she touched Jesus garment, she was healed. And then he said her faith had made her whole. So where was her faith in the past 18 years didnt she know to ask Jesus back then. Well she probably wasnt even aware of him to even sum up the faith to ask or find him. Plus she made the effort to push through the crowds to reach him.

Perhaps when prayers are answered straight away, God knew how long that person had already been patiently waiting before he or she asked. For example, the woman who had the bleeding for 18 years. The instant she touched Jesus garment, she was healed. And then he said her faith had made her whole. So where was her faith in the past 18 years didnt she know to ask Jesus back then. Well she probably wasnt even aware of him to even sum up the faith to ask or find him. Plus she made the effort to push through the crowds to reach him.
It's when she was full of Faith and acted on it is when she was healed.
Remember it was against the law for her to be in public.
Jairus was the head of the religious leaders and he could have had her severely punished.
She pressed on by Faith regardless that Jairus was standing right there. Her Faith was not shakeable .
Blessings
FCJ

weewillie First off- Welcome to CFS, and thank you for taking time to share a bit of your personal belief, background, and testimony with us.
To the following quote, I would only like to add.... we are also to be thankful...
We believe, we ask in faith, we trust, we wait.
There are NO unanswered prayer request's ever as far as my I'm concerned

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

It is through our faith that we know, and believe that God does hear us, loves us, and answers our prayers, (and are able to "believe that you have received it"). :)

Hello, I'm weewillie a new member, this is my first post. Doesn't God know us better than we know ourselves? He knows us better than we know ourselves, He knows what's best for us

That was quick Fish Catcher Jim, I never expected such a speedy reply, so I must thank you for being the first member replying to my first ever post.

Hello weewillie;

First of all, God bless you and congratulations on your first post! I was going to be the first to reply but as I prayed and asked God whether I should post, I waited and waited and waited...but while I was waiting for His answer, FC Jim, Lanolin and AtomicSnowflake know their stuff and beat me to it.

lol! These guys are too quick! Next time!

You made three comments that are profoundly true and minister to all of us. God does know us better than we know ourselves and it has taken me years to learn this and all of us who have a relationship with our Lord will continue to learn, coming from God LOVINGLY.

Our brother and sisters added that we should always self check our faith level, patience and remember to give thanks ahead of time in all our prayers.

Great posts and thank you, weewillie, for your thread!

God bless you and your family.

Gosh, folks, I've just come in to post the message below, then I obviously started reading, which turns out to be your very kind words of encouragement.
Thank you so much indeed.

Hmmm, I reckon I'll post it anyway, go back to bed, take stock of those kind words from you both, take note what thoughts God places in my mind in the clear light of day and take it from there, with positivity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folks, I'm putting a halt to this thread, I've fallen for the oldest trick in forum history, this thread has gone way off the main theme.
There is no member in here at fault whatsoever, except me. I am the one to blame, I am the one who caused the diversion and for that, I truly and humbly offer my sincerest apology.

This an excellent forum with truly excellent threads containing valuable information from whom, I note, valued members aimed at many seeking help or support. I most assuredly would recommend ChristianForumSite to any Christian seeking such themes from quality posters.

I have learned an enormous lesson and valuable reminder......never, ever, allow yourself to stray away from the main post topic and theme at hand in any, web forum.

I ask for God's forgiveness, and to richly bless each and every one of you who post in.

For the folks who come in here seeking help and or support, I ask God to bless and enrich their lives.

It's been a short membership for me, however, events in life do have a habit of speedily changing at times don't they and, if the changes feel true and correct we must accept these changes and move on.

With much love.

God bless.

weewillie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shalom

weewllie.

weewillie 1998

Folks, I'm putting a halt to this thread, I've fallen for the oldest trick in forum history, this thread has gone way off the main theme.
There is no member in here at fault whatsoever, except me. I am the one to blame, I am the one who caused the diversion and for that, I truly and humbly offer my sincerest apology.
Not sure I follow you here. Off the main theme? How so?
Blessings

Its a good topic and your first post was really thought provoking. Thats why you got all these responses. Dont go away.

When you write about our Father saying 'no' because He knows whats best for us, a way to look at it is, are we asking His will or asking amiss. Say I ask My Father in Heaven something totally non christlike like want to marry an unbeliever and still be a faithful christian, send one to me. I may get just what I ask for cos I go ahead and just do what I want, or God actually doesnt send anyone to me. or am I not adressing this to God in Jesus name, am I praying to the god of this world, who will happily grant this lustful request.

Or say a selfish prayer like. I just dont want to suffer anymore can I have an easy life and not have to lift a finger. I dont know if people pray like this but if you a born again christian when the spirit helps you to pray you end up praying Gods will. BEcause God wont understand nonsensical prayers like if you ask for something totally unreasonable even though nothing is Impossible for God, His ways are higher than our ways! We cant tell God what to do! He's God not us.

Back