Unanswered Prayers

I'm not going to argue with you. You are trying to put words in my mouth that aren't there. Maybe this was a mistake coming back to this forum.
No, I'm just asking you to be more specific, to clarify. There was nothing sarcastic or hostile in my intent.

People whose prayers have not been answered are often made to feel like it's their fault, when in fact sometimes God just says 'no', or other times 'wait'. We can't simply command healing like the apostles did, since not even Paul could always heal. Those who are suffering, or who are watching someone else suffer, need to know that hidden sin or lack of faith is rarely the reason for lack of healing.

I can only respond with what I read in the bible and my own experience. I have seen instant healing in my own life and healing that took some time. I can't respond to why someone took longer or never was healed. In my own life it has been sin, doubt etc.. Jesus speaks of lack of faith and belief. I don't believe God causes us to have health issues. If we fall out of Gods blessing with sin then we invite Satan to attack us. Just my thoughts

I can only respond with what I read in the bible and my own experience. I have seen instant healing in my own life and healing that took some time. I can't respond to why someone took longer or never was healed. In my own life it has been sin, doubt etc.. Jesus speaks of lack of faith and belief. I don't believe God causes us to have health issues. If we fall out of Gods blessing with sin then we invite Satan to attack us. Just my thoughts
Fair enough. :cool: All any of us has is our opinions, and we all do our best to understand the Bible.

I agree that God does not cause us to have health issues; they are caused by this corrupt and evil world, so health problems are common. At times God does intervene, other times not. And the times he does not intervene certainly may include a lack of faith on our part, but many cases may be simply that God chose not to intervene. All we can do is ask in faith.

Thanks all. I believe the word of God, and as I put in my first comment, the scriptures say:

"...by whose stripes ye were healed." 1 Pet 2:24, Isa 53:5​

There's no theological conditions attached. It's a done deal. Just in experience it's not. It's not God's fault, so... I'll just wait on Him :D

For those that don't believe in miracles, I only repeat the Lord's own words:

Mark 16:15-18 (KJV)
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

May be Lord is saying "My grace is sufficient for you"?
I've heard that all my life, but what is "grace"? Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God. God's grace is indeed sufficient, but we use it like a negative. "He's sick, God's grace is sufficient" like a white flag of surrender, basically stating "It's God's fault" or "God doesn't will it". We make excuses using theology. That's the opposite of the meaning of Grace. God's answer to Paul was that as in, "Use my grace." I have the head knowledge, and have/am repeating this, but it's the heart part I'm not getting a break through. Like the video said, we build theology around our failures to maintain our status quo because we don't want to deal with the pain of failure. I want to know what my failure is. I don't want to settle for a theological reason. I want the promises of God, the righteousness, to be used by God in mighty way. Jesus said:

John 14:12 (KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

We can either choose to believe Jesus' own words, or not. I don't see conditions here as John MacArthur points out these promises were for the apostles only. What people don't realize is that the U.S. Government proved the works of Smith Wigglesworth, that he raise several folks from the dead including his own wife - she chewed him out for it too! Agnes Ozman of Topeka, Kansas, received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke in a heavenly language, AND perfect Chinese. As the Pentecostals grew, more and more were able to speak in a heavenly language AND a foreign language. The U.S. Government when to Topeka and authenticated the dialects of earthly languages AND that the unknown tongue was indeed a language unknown on the earth! Like it or not, these are validated facts. I want to get there too! :D

As per the other thread on miracles we've either seen or experienced, I think it's safe to say that everybody here believes in miracles. I'd also say that everybody sincerely wants to please God and believes that God can heal us. Yet, as we all know, Paul was not relieved of his thorn in the flesh, and Timothy was instructed to drink some wine to alleviate his ailment. As also mentioned, the passage in Mark is disputed as to its authenticity.

I have asked many times to be healed of various congenital ailments, I believe in miracles, I'm staying in the Word and fellowship such that any habitual sin would be obvious and repented of. I know godly people who also suffer from various ailments as well. So it seems clear that God has simply not granted healing, at least not yet.

As per the other thread on miracles we've either seen or experienced, I think it's safe to say that everybody here believes in miracles. I'd also say that everybody sincerely wants to please God and believes that God can heal us. Yet, as we all know, Paul was not relieved of his thorn in the flesh, and Timothy was instructed to drink some wine to alleviate his ailment. As also mentioned, the passage in Mark is disputed as to its authenticity.

I have asked many times to be healed of various congenital ailments, I believe in miracles, I'm staying in the Word and fellowship such that any habitual sin would be obvious and repented of. I know godly people who also suffer from various ailments as well. So it seems clear that God has simply not granted healing, at least not yet.

Suffice it to say that even if someone isn't healed until the day they go to be with the Lord, He healed them. So God did keep His promise, even if it's not fulfilled in the here and now.

I've heard that all my life, but what is "grace"? Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God. God's grace is indeed sufficient, but we use it like a negative. "He's sick, God's grace is sufficient" like a white flag of surrender, basically stating "It's God's fault" or "God doesn't will it". We make excuses using theology. That's the opposite of the meaning of Grace. God's answer to Paul was that as in, "Use my grace." I have the head knowledge, and have/am repeating this, but it's the heart part I'm not getting a break through. Like the video said, we build theology around our failures to maintain our status quo because we don't want to deal with the pain of failure. I want to know what my failure is. I don't want to settle for a theological reason. I want the promises of God, the righteousness, to be used by God in mighty way. Jesus said:

John 14:12 (KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

We can either choose to believe Jesus' own words, or not. I don't see conditions here as John MacArthur points out these promises were for the apostles only. What people don't realize is that the U.S. Government proved the works of Smith Wigglesworth, that he raise several folks from the dead including his own wife - she chewed him out for it too! Agnes Ozman of Topeka, Kansas, received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke in a heavenly language, AND perfect Chinese. As the Pentecostals grew, more and more were able to speak in a heavenly language AND a foreign language. The U.S. Government when to Topeka and authenticated the dialects of earthly languages AND that the unknown tongue was indeed a language unknown on the earth! Like it or not, these are validated facts. I want to get there too! :D
I don't think there would be any benefit in starting a debate on this.. Instead, let me just share my opinions..

Most of us here believe that healings and miracles happen today. At least, that is the majority. John MacArthur would have very few supporters on this topic in this forum! Though I love his teaching..

People like me believe God does say "No" at times.. Then we have the other group who believe God has already answered "yes" and we simply need to believe that to receive what He has approved.. Both the groups should learn from each other.. I should learn from you guys to pray in faith.. I could easily be dragged down thinking that is all God wants me to have and not even ask Him.. I should learn to increase my faith.. You guys should learn from us to understand that definition of victory in God's term is not same as what we see.. We look at things knowing what has happened until that point of time.. God looks at things knowing what has happened from creation and what would happen for eternity. We are not really saying God is at fault.. God is allowing everything happen perfectly.. We have misunderstanding of what is good.. That's the way to put it.. Let's try to have a balance between the 2 extremes!!

I don't think there would be any benefit in starting a debate on this.. Instead, let me just share my opinions..

Most of us here believe that healings and miracles happen today. At least, that is the majority. John MacArthur would have very few supporters on this topic in this forum! Though I love his teaching..

People like me believe God does say "No" at times.. Then we have the other group who believe God has already answered "yes" and we simply need to believe that to receive what He has approved.. Both the groups should learn from each other.. I should learn from you guys to pray in faith.. I could easily be dragged down thinking that is all God wants me to have and not even ask Him.. I should learn to increase my faith.. You guys should learn from us to understand that definition of victory in God's term is not same as what we see.. We look at things knowing what has happened until that point of time.. God looks at things knowing what has happened from creation and what would happen for eternity. We are not really saying God is at fault.. God is allowing everything happen perfectly.. We have misunderstanding of what is good.. That's the way to put it.. Let's try to have a balance between the 2 extremes!!
I'm not debating, I'm preaching to myself. I'm trying to reconcile a truth and a fact. The scriptures declare one thing, but reality says something else. The one is diametrically opposed to the other. I'm not looking for reasons or excuses, but how to grab onto the truth of the scriptures. Isn't that the very definition of faith?

Truth: Jesus suffered lashes for our health. Isa 53:5; 1 Pet 2:24 Fact: Why would we be sick if He paid for them? Dogma: "God said 'no'." "God said 'wait'." "Miracles don't happen today."

Time to break it down (for myself) ---
Faith:
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Hebrews 11:1 (ESV)
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.​

Assurance: a positive declaration intended to give confidence; a promise.
Conviction: a firmly held belief or opinion.

Greek:
substance: that which has actual existence
evidence: a proof, that by which a thing is proved or tested
"Now faith is that which has actual existence of things hoped for, the proof of things not seen."

Faith is something tangible.
Faith is the proof of things not seen.

Hmmm... reminds me of the account of Elijah. He spoke the promise of no rain, he didn't "pray" about it, he just declared it. At the end of 3.5 years of no rain he cried out seven times for it to rain, falling on the ground each time, a big show. But in the NT, the same event is counted differently. According to the NT, the first was an "earnest prayer" and the second was just "prayer". The first "prayer" had more "power" than the second. But if you read the story in the OT it's the other way around.

Hmmm...

Romans 4:17-18 (ESV2011)
as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.”​

There's that "things" again. Hmmm... a drought didn't exist until Elijah declared it so. Abraham, praying that Abimelech would be healed of barrenness, whereas Abraham (Sarah) was still barren, Abimelech was healed. Then Abraham (Sarah) was healed. God spoke everything into existence. It never existed before He spoke. Noah said it was going to rain, it had never rained before.

Abraham had God's promise and he hoped against hope and then:

Romans 4:19-22 (ESV2011)
He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah's womb. No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.”​

There it is! #1 no unbelief made him waver. Though he had unbelief, he didn't let it affect him. He was firm in his conviction. #2 promises of God. #3 he grew stronger in faith looking at God's promises. #4 he gave God the glory. In all things give thanks to the Lord. #5 fully convinced! Or as the KJV says "being fully persuaded", well now! Persuaded. This word persuaded in the Greek is the exact same word in Heb 11:1 for evidence!
This reasoning reminds me of this verse:

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.​

Guess what!? The word "reason together" in the Greek Septuagint, is that exact same Greek word above: evidence and persuade! If we have reason about our salvation, the truth holds for all the rest. Just two verses before our definition of faith is this verse:

Hebrews 10:38 (KJV)
Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.​

And that verse reminds me of a few verses before this one:

Hebrews 10:23 (KJV)
Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised; )​

and then this one!

Hebrews 4:14 (KJV)
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession.​

"Hold fast" in these verses is:

1. to have power, be powerful
a. to be chief, be master of, to rule​
2. to get possession of
a. to become master of, to obtain
b. to take hold of
c. to take hold of, take, seize​

Which reminds me of this verse:

Matthew 11:12 (KJV)
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth* violence, and the violent** take it by force.​

* suffereth…: or, is gotten by force, and they that thrust men, or has been coming violently
** strong, forceful, using force, violent

Hmmm.... #1 be "fully persuaded" #2 take by force the kingdom of heaven

Hmmm.... reminds me of this verse:

Luke 16:16 (KJV)
The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth* into it.​

* same word as taking by force in Matthew 11:12

This reminds me of this verse:

Hebrews 4:11 (KJV)
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

Wait! What!? Labor to enter that rest! Labour: to exert one's self, endeavour, give diligence

And that reminds me of this verse:

Hebrews 3:12 (KJV)
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.​

Evil heart is actually "full of labours, annoyances, hardships"... oh wow!!! A heart filled with annoyances - "I'm sick", "I'm in debt", "I'm [fill-in-the-blank]" - causes us unbelief, which causes us to depart from God's presence. "The just shall live by faith."

This reminds me of these:

2 Corinthians 9:8 (KJV)
And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work:​

Ephesians 3:20 (KJV)
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,​

Oh Lord my God! How great Thou art!! Let me be fully persuaded!!!

I shall live by faith!

I AM HEALED!
HALLELUJAH!!! Amen! Done!

I'm not debating, I'm preaching to myself. I'm trying to reconcile a truth and a fact. The scriptures declare one thing, but reality says something else. The one is diametrically opposed to the other. I'm not looking for reasons or excuses, but how to grab onto the truth of the scriptures. Isn't that the very definition of faith?

Truth: Jesus suffered lashes for our health. Isa 53:5; 1 Pet 2:24 Fact: Why would we be sick if He paid for them? Dogma: "God said 'no'." "God said 'wait'." "Miracles don't happen today."

Faith:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.​

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.​

Greek:
"Now faith is that which has actual existence of things hoped for, the proof of things not seen."

Hmmm... reminds me of the account of Elijah. He spoke the promise of no rain, he didn't "pray" about it, he just declared it. At the end of 3.5 years of no rain he cried out seven times for it to rain, falling on the ground each time, a big show. But in the NT, the same event is counted differently. According to the NT, the first was an "earnest prayer" and the second was just "prayer". The first "prayer" had more "power" than the second. But if you read the story in the OT it's the other way around.

Hmmm...

as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.”​

There's that "things" again. Hmmm... a drought didn't exist until Elijah declared it so. Abraham, praying that Abimelech would be healed of barrenness, whereas Abraham (Sarah) was still barren, Abimelech was healed. Then Abraham (Sarah) was healed. God spoke everything into existence. It never existed before He spoke. Noah said it was going to rain, it had never rained before.

He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah's womb. No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.”​

There it is! #1 no unbelief made him waver. Though he had unbelief, he didn't let it affect him. He was firm in his conviction. #2 promises of God. #3 he grew stronger in faith looking at God's promises. #4 he gave God the glory. In all things give thanks to the Lord. #5 fully convinced! Or as the KJV says "being fully persuaded", well now! Persuaded. This word persuaded in the Greek is the exact same word in Heb 11:1 for evidence!

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.​

Guess what!? The word "reason together" in the Greek Septuagint, is that exact same Greek word above: evidence and persuade! If we have reason about our salvation, the truth holds for all the rest. Just two verses before our definition of faith is this verse:

Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.​

Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised; )​

and then this one!

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession.​

2. to get possession of
b. to take hold of

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth* violence, and the violent** take it by force.​

* suffereth…: or, is gotten by force, and they that thrust men, or has been coming violently

The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth* into it.​

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

Wait! What!? Labor to enter that rest! Labour: to exert one's self, endeavour, give diligence

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.​

Evil heart is actually "full of labours, annoyances, hardships"... oh wow!!! A heart filled with annoyances - "I'm sick", "I'm in debt", "I'm [fill-in-the-blank]" - causes us unbelief, which causes us to depart from God's presence. "The just shall live by faith."

And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work:​

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,​

I shall live by faith!

I AM HEALED!

Great verses.. I am not going to deny one bit of it.. It all speaks volumes of the kind of faith we should have.. Like I said in my previous post, I need to have increased faith in Lord that He is going to keep me well.. And that He is the only one who can keep me away from sickness.. No doubt I should have unwavering faith in Lord..

But does it mean God has given a blanket promise that He will heal every time we ask in faith? That is the question.. Now there is at least once in a person's life that God will not intervene and bring healing.. That is death.. Do you agree?

Hebrews 9:27 - Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

And I have another question.. We all quote Isaiah 53:5 as the promise that He would heal us every time.. Does the verse really talk about physical healing? Or spiritual healing?
But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.

First 2 points are "our so and so".. The next 2 points are what he imputes to us.. Looking at rest of the verse, does it really mean physical healing or spiritual healing?

This is one thing that I have learned to do that has helped me in my own faith and belief that God did what He said He has already done. This goes for healing (physical), emotional healing, finance issues, marriage issues etc. I pray in the name of Jesus that I am healed of any of these issues and yes at times command. I have gotten mad while praying and entered into spiritual warfare. After this is done I don't need to do this again every day, well unless something new comes up. The rest of the time is praise to our Lord that He is a God that keeps His promises and that He is a loving God. If we sit there and daily, basically begging Him to heal us then where is the faith and belief in it? Granted I haven't had a life or death experience but my marriage almost failed, we have had financial difficulties, minor health issues and God stood by His promises to me and all of them were healed and fixed. I'm not talking about a year later things went well, these were in a matter of days to maybe at most 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if I shared this here or not but I will now. This is a minor medical issue I had with one of my teeth. I went to the dentist and he said I had a cracked tooth and that same tooth needed a crown and a root canal. I didn't have the money for this procedure so I never scheduled anything. On the way home I prayed to God and commanded my tooth to get better in the name of Jesus. I didn't see an instant healing and I feel the reason for this is because in the back of my mind I could hear that dentist saying I needed to come back and get the tooth fixed. This was producing doubt in my healing and needless to say it took two weeks for that tooth to be completely healed. I shared this with my sister and her family about a month later and she stated "you will be at the dentist getting your tooth fixed." Now my sister and her family are Christians but they don't believe in this type of healing. I didn't rebuke her out loud but I did under my breath and we didn't discuss it any further. We can't let people put seeds of doubt into our walk with the Lord. I only shared one instance of healing for me but God has blessed me and my family the last two years and I know first hand He does want us well in all aspects of our lives.

Faith:

Greek:

Hmmm...

and then this one!

2. to get possession of
b. to take hold of

I shall live by faith!

I AM HEALED!

Wooooohoooooo preach it brother! That sure did encourage my faith!
Blessings to you and yours
Gina

Great verses.. I am not going to deny one bit of it.. It all speaks volumes of the kind of faith we should have.. Like I said in my previous post, I need to have increased faith in Lord that He is going to keep me well.. And that He is the only one who can keep me away from sickness.. No doubt I should have unwavering faith in Lord..

But does it mean God has given a blanket promise that He will heal every time we ask in faith? That is the question.. Now there is at least once in a person's life that God will not intervene and bring healing.. That is death.. Do you agree?

Hebrews 9:27 - Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

And I have another question.. We all quote Isaiah 53:5 as the promise that He would heal us every time.. Does the verse really talk about physical healing? Or spiritual healing?

First 2 points are "our so and so".. The next 2 points are what he imputes to us.. Looking at rest of the verse, does it really mean physical healing or spiritual healing?

Question if i may? How does one ask in faith?

So hows this verse instead of Mark--- John 14:12" very truly i tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works that i have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because i am going to The Father.

So in your opinion what was Paul's thorn in the flesh and why did God not remove it? Why did God tell him that His grace (God's overwhelming desire to treat us as if sin never happened) was sufficient? Could it be that God knew that Paul had His Holy Spirit within him, and that just as God had healed others through him (paul), that paul was expected by God to trust Him for his own healing or deliverance, by casting that thorn out?
Timothy was instructed to take a little wine for his stomach, could it be that, by obeying what he was told that is how he received his healing?

Like others have, and yourself have said healing is not always instant, but maybe people tend to give up expecting it after the time frame in their mind is up. And how many people who have not been healed, take dominion over the ailment and cast it out, standing on God's Word for how ever long it takes. How many times have you spoken the Word of God over your ailment until it has gone and i mean spent hours in the Word, and prayer until you knew in your spirit that it was done? You said that you have asked to be healed of various ailments, did you ask God what was standing in the way or did you just accept that healing was not going to come?
Much peace and blessing in Christ to you!

Thanks for the video, I have been thinking about this question for few months. I still do not understand why I see so many Christinas who serve to God faithfully for many years and suffer so much for "no obvious reason".
The reason is because the church was called to suffer. 1 Thess. 3:3
Much of the church does not teach the truth about suffering....

So let me ask you this way: If you were healed right now, today, would that change your interpretation of the verse?

The word for heal is:

- Original: רפה רפא
- Transliteration: Rapha'
- Phonetic: raw-faw'
- Definition:
1. to heal, make healthful
a. (Qal) to heal
1. of God
2. healer, physician (of men)
3. of hurts of nations involving restored favour (fig)
4. of individual distresses (fig)
b. (Niphal) to be healed
1. literal (of persons)
2. of water, pottery
3. of national hurts (fig)
4. of personal distress (fig)
c. (Piel) to heal
1. literal
2. of national defects or hurts (fig)
d. (Hithpael) in order to get healed (infinitive)

Salvation:

- Original: ישׁוּעה
- Transliteration: Y@shuw`ah
- Phonetic: yesh-oo'-aw
- Definition:
1. salvation, deliverance
a. welfare, prosperity
b. deliverance
c. salvation (by God)
d. victory

- Original: σωτηρία
- Transliteration: Soteria
- Phonetic: so-tay-ree'-ah
- Definition:
1. deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
a. deliverance from the molestation of enemies

Both definitions are very clear. Salvation isn't just the change of destination from hell to heaven but deliverance from all issues.

Indeed we all die, it's a blessing to die! We get to be with the Lord! It's all about faith! And as to "blanket" promises, here's three verses for you and you tell me:

2 Corinthians 9:8(KJV)

Ephesians 3:20(KJV)

Romans 8:32 (KJV)
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?​

What say you? :D

So let me ask you this way: If you were healed right now, today, would that change your interpretation of the verse?

The word for heal is:

- Original: רפה רפא
- Transliteration: Rapha'
- Phonetic: raw-faw'
- Definition:
1. to heal, make healthful
a. (Qal) to heal
1. of God
2. healer, physician (of men)
3. of hurts of nations involving restored favour (fig)
4. of individual distresses (fig)
b. (Niphal) to be healed
1. literal (of persons)
2. of water, pottery
3. of national hurts (fig)
4. of personal distress (fig)
c. (Piel) to heal
1. literal
2. of national defects or hurts (fig)
d. (Hithpael) in order to get healed (infinitive)

Salvation:

- Original: ישׁוּעה
- Transliteration: Y@shuw`ah
- Phonetic: yesh-oo'-aw
- Definition:
1. salvation, deliverance
a. welfare, prosperity
b. deliverance
c. salvation (by God)
d. victory

- Original: σωτηρία
- Transliteration: Soteria
- Phonetic: so-tay-ree'-ah
- Definition:
1. deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
a. deliverance from the molestation of enemies

Both definitions are very clear. Salvation isn't just the change of destination from hell to heaven but deliverance from all issues.

Indeed we all die, it's a blessing to die! We get to be with the Lord! It's all about faith! And as to "blanket" promises, here's three verses for you and you tell me:

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?​

What say you? :D

Lord has healed me instantly in the past as well.. And it had not changed the interpretation of the scripture.. I don't think the interpretation of the scripture really matters.. There are so many verses which affirm that Lord does heal us.. And it is only from his hand.. I have no idea why.. But most of such assurances seems to be found in Psalms..

How about Psalm 103:2-4?
1 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.

He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.. With this, I can say He will heal all my diseases.. Yes that is true.. But the fullness of the same would be at my death and ultimately at my resurrection.. The verse continues to say, He redeems me from death.. Crowns me with love and tender mercies.. Now all these are sealed the day we are born again.. The day Holy Spirits starts working in us.. And fullness of the same is seen when we are resurrected.. No more sickness.. No more sins.. Completely redeemed from death, i.e., eternity with Christ.. Crowned with His love.. It has already started.. While in this world, we may not see the fullness of this promise.. Because we are still in the old body.. But we have the assurance.. That is the hope we have.. Yes, salvation includes deliverance from all issues.. But salvation is complete at the time of glorification.. Salvation would be justification + sanctification + glorification..

I highlighted one more word which I think is key in this verse.. Sufficiency.. It is not our wants, but our needs that Lord provides abundantly.. I might want a Ferrari.. But what I need is a Honda Accord :D Which Lord has blessed me with..

Absolutely true! He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all.. Not only able, He infact does exceedingly and abundantly above.. Again, what we see as victory in short term is completely different from Lord sees as victory from eternity..

No arguments here.. He does give us everything freely.. That includes healing.. But the question is not whether He gives us freely or not.. Whether He gives us as we wish every time..

So hows this verse instead of Mark--- John 14:12" very truly i tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works that i have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because i am going to The Father.
How many people have walked on water since Jesus' time, or calmed the sea with a rebuke, or moved a mountain from one place to another? The issue in this verse is that Jesus didn't give any details, such as whether this was to apply to every individual Christian for all time, and what exactly he meant by "greater things".

So in your opinion what was Paul's thorn in the flesh and why did God not remove it? Why did God tell him that His grace (God's overwhelming desire to treat us as if sin never happened) was sufficient? Could it be that God knew that Paul had His Holy Spirit within him, and that just as God had healed others through him (paul), that paul was expected by God to trust Him for his own healing or deliverance, by casting that thorn out?
Timothy was instructed to take a little wine for his stomach, could it be that, by obeying what he was told that is how he received his healing?
There is disagreement over the nature of Paul's thorn, but he said at one point that people would have torn out their own eyes and given them to him if they could. Since Paul was blind for three days when he encountered Jesus for the first time, it is reasonable to presume that he had a problem with his eyes. As for why God did not take it away, the fact remains that it never left him. Are you saying that Paul lacked the faith (or failed to command) that the thorn would be removed? As for Timothy, you're acknowledging that God did not work a miracle to heal him. Otherwise, you're defining a miracle from God as any good thing that happens, which makes miracles rather ordinary.

Like others have, and yourself have said healing is not always instant, but maybe people tend to give up expecting it after the time frame in their mind is up. And how many people who have not been healed, take dominion over the ailment and cast it out, standing on God's Word for how ever long it takes. How many times have you spoken the Word of God over your ailment until it has gone and i mean spent hours in the Word, and prayer until you knew in your spirit that it was done? You said that you have asked to be healed of various ailments, did you ask God what was standing in the way or did you just accept that healing was not going to come?
Much peace and blessing in Christ to you!
So, if someone is never healed, it's because they gave up hope? I know plenty of people who would testify on a stack of Bibles that they never gave up hope but were never healed. Some of them also tried the "shout it out" route as well, without effect. And yes, I have always asked God to tell me if there was some fault in me keeping me from healing.

You seem to be searching intently for some cause or fault to explain lack of healing. This reminds me of Job's friends, who insisted that Job was suffering because of some hidden sin.

Look at the 11th chapter of Hebrews, and notice that one group of people was miraculously delivered from harm, while the other was not. How do you explain that?

Back