Unanswered Prayers

To All:

I will not be caught up in the "if this" or "why that" anymore. It's going to be different for each person based on THEIR faith. I do not add to the word of God nor hide what it plainly says. It's one's own choice to believe and each has to work out their own salvation this way. I can only speak for myself. What you may or may not understand about what I wrote last night is that it was happening to me as I wrote it. When I said, "this verse reminds me of..." that what happened right then and there. So, as such, I'm sticking to the word of God, not trying to theologize any longer the why this or why that - those questions are really only disbelief, nothing more. I know because I'm the one who started the "why then" question.

Because of last night's writing and learning anew, I slept so good last night for the first time in a many MANY nights. And I had a dream. I won't spell it all out, but in the dream I had my wallet stolen and my phone, but for the life of me I couldn't understand when it happened let alone how it happened. As I went into a diner to call the cops, I heard the Lord ask "Do you believe I can fix this?" I didn't answer, but by not answering, I knew it was the same as saying "no" but I didn't utter anything. Right then a guy walked in with my wallet and phone and said it was a test of my street smarts by the company I work for. I was so happy I got my stuff back that I hugged the guy. Then I woke up and praised the Lord for His grace! First for not letting my doubt keep me from His blessing and second for fixing my problem in a miraculous way. Praise God for His truth!

All day I've been thinking about Heb 11:1. Like it or not, believe it or not, we Christians exist here and in the spirit realm. The Kingdom of God is with us and the Kingdom of Heaven contains our resources. These resources are there for the taking. Here's an example: Jesus clearly stated that He had no power, John 5:19, that it is was all the Father's doing through the Holy Spirit, Luke 4:1, 4:14. When Jesus was preaching and the people were hungry, He thanked God for the food He had and by it fed 4000 once and 5000 another time with just a few fish and loaves of bread. So much so that they ate all THEY wanted and the disciples gathered up baskets full of leftover bread. That's super-abounding grace. He thanks the Father for the resources He needed. When He needed money, he sent Peter to go and get it out of the mouth of a fish. His first recorded miracle was turning water into wine - it wasn't His first because Mary commanded the servants to listen to Jesus and do as He said. She had already been a recipient of God's power through Jesus. Smith Wigglesworth once said "When the Spirit isn't moving, move the Spirit." What he was saying was, doing something bold in faith and let the Holy Spirit work it out. How can you get strong in faith if you don't exercise the invisible resources around us. God make the universe, you don't think He can fix your problem? He's already said so, therefore, claim it, speak it, declare it, until you believe it - hoping to hope as Abraham did! That's what I'm going to do!

So these promises in the scriptures, what do you do with them? Do you accept the unseen (Kingdom of Heaven resources) or do you theologize away the pain of inaction "by God"? What do you do with the Lord's words?

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I intend to find out for myself! I'm no longer going to gloss over them or dismiss them because they don't "fit" my theology. If the U.S. Government can identify the tongues of Agnes Ozman spoken in the Spirit as a real non-earthly language and her that she spoke perfect Chinese and Harvard verified Wigglesworth's resurrections, how can I not believe the word of God and His promises for my own life?! God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, only men change, and I'm changing my mind - aka repenting. :D

Matter of fact Job did sin and that is why he was attacked.
Job was attacked only and solely because Satan claimed Job was only worshiping God because God had been blessing him:
Job 1:8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

So, how does this make Job guilty of sin?

In the verses I quoted, God called Job blameless and upright.
Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

All fear is sin. Which is why Jesus kept telling his followers, "fear not"

Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

All fear is sin. Which is why Jesus kept telling his followers, "fear not"

Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
God didn't call fear a sin. God said Job was blameless and upright.

Do you honestly think that God only allowed Satan to attack Job because Job was afraid it would happen?
Or was it just as the scripture states: Satan believed Job was only righteous because God protected him, and God was proving Satan wrong?
And what did God say to the accusatory friends at the end?

Do you honestly think that God only allowed Satan to attack Job because Job was afraid it would happen?
Or was it just as the scripture states: Satan believed Job was only righteous because God protected him, and God was proving Satan wrong?

Job was no way a "sinless" person. Is "fear" a sin? You better believe it, as anything that is not of faith is sin. Fear is the complete opposite of faith. Fear moves the Devil, as faith moves the hands of God. Job, out of his own mouth said that which I have greatly feared has come upon me. He knew it. It was not a mystery to him.

Job 3:25For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
Job 3:26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

To All:
Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Abdicate Hello,
Welcome Aboard Brother,
I left the verse up in this because if you keep going in the direction that you are, well Brother those signs and wonders and more will follow you. I truly believe that God is calling His own to step up to the plate and join Him or another words get back to the basics.....His Word..

From what I have seen and heard I truly believe there will be as two groups of Christians.
The ones such as your self that will surrender all and WALK by FAITH and Live by FAITH as in.........that is the first and last of your every day. What I mean is, God and His word is first place and the last place or it does notmatter what it looks like....What the word says is the way it is, but your bank is in over draft, I dont care what the bank says, or the doctors says your have chicken pocks and you are not going to walk again, I dont care what the doctor says, I am healed by the blood of Jesus.

You will have to give the word of God first and last place in your life. The only way that is going to happen is to make a choice to seek God out renew your mind like nothing before.
The slothful and lazy christian is NOT going to cut it. Putting God and Hisword first is what it is going to take and it is not just words or good intentions. I will take dicipline.

Then there is the other bunch, those who walk more in the world or are more concerned with their worldly affairs then God. Those who wont walk by faith and live by faith and take God at His every word will be as the children wandering in the wilderness. They will live in a struggle just as those of the world will be doing....I did not say they are not saved or anything like this.....

I learned something not to long ago....
It is ok to aks a Question about God and His word, but when you turn to questioning God or His word then you are operating in doubt. That is not a wise place to be. Example, God said in His word that The flood came. I can ask how long it was flooded or how deep the waters got or what happened to the other people but I have NO right what so ever to ask,,,,,did the flood really happen.....God said it did in His word.....So it flooded.....End of story...Brother that set me free.....

Any way I am very proud of you and we will continue to keep you in our prayers
Jim

Job was no way a "sinless" person. Is "fear" a sin? You better believe it, as anything that is not of faith is sin. Fear is the complete opposite of faith. Fear moves the Devil, as faith moves the hands of God. Job, out of his own mouth said that which I have greatly feared has come upon me. He knew it. It was not a mystery to him.

Job 3:25For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
Job 3:26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.
God Himself called Job "upright and blameless".
God did not say that Job sinned, especially not by fearing.
It doesn't matter how strongly you believe that fear was the reason Job was attacked by Satan; scripture says God Himself called Job "upright and blameless". God said nothing about fear.

There is simply no way to support your claim, especially when you keep ignoring the plainly stated reason for the attacks in scripture. Saying it again won't change it.

God Himself called Job "upright and blameless".
God did not say that Job sinned, especially not by fearing.
It doesn't matter how strongly you believe that fear was the reason Job was attacked by Satan; scripture says God Himself called Job "upright and blameless". God said nothing about fear.

There is simply no way to support your claim, especially when you keep ignoring the plainly stated reason for the attacks in scripture. Saying it again won't change it.
God did say Job sinned. Anyone who fears is sinning!!There are many scriptures that say fear is a sin. They to numerous to even mention. Is not the Word God?
All the "fearful" will be cast into the lake of fire. This a pretty good indicator about how God looks at fear.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

God did say Job sinned. Anyone who fears is sinning!!There are many scriptures that say fear is a sin. They to numerous to even mention. Is not the Word God?
All the "fearful" will be cast into the lake of fire. This a pretty good indicator about how God looks at fear.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
No. God called Job "blameless and upright".
God did NOT associate Job's attacks with fear.
God did NOT call fear 'sin'.

I'm getting off this ridiculous merry-go-round. If you want to write your own version of Job, be my guest.

JOb brought this whole thing on him self. Every time you turned around Job was fearing for His sons. He was always SPEAKING he fears they will dishonor God and so forth. He kept releasing the power of fear into the situation.....So it came to pass, just what he had been saying all along....

Now if Job would have simply decided to say Hey ya know, my boys are throwen a party tonight. Hmm I think I will go join them and we can talk about all the things God has done and is doing.....If he had the story would have gone another direction...

Before you say God gave satin permission, I got something to say....Job did that Him self.
When we speak words of doubt and fear we give satin rights if you will to enter into that situation. What God did however is set a limit that satin could not cross.......

The written word of God TEACHES US something very importan.....TAKE NO THOUGHT ...WATCH THIS....SAYING.... So how do you take a thought ? You say it or speak it...That is satins biggest tool or way he can get to a chrisitian.....Their words......satin places a thought....the thought is not sin yet or bad, but hey I just got to run my mouth and speak it...Well there you go........he done tricked you into opening the door for him once agaian.

Why do you think we are taught over and over to TAKE OUR THOUGHTS CAPTIVE?
Renew the mind or get the written word in your mind, then into your heart, then into your mouth or words.......speak the word fo God....How can you put faith to work if you do not speak faith words or words of God ?

Take the gand daddy of all parables.....Like Jesus said....if you can not understand this parable HOW ARE YOU going to understand the rest or the kingdom of God
It teaches about the different grounds BUT it also teaches 5 ways satin comes against you.

Good ground.........means you got the word in you and you watered it or kept it moist and it grows BUT this type of person also learns how to operate within the kingdom God. They get the word working through out their entire being.....They surround them selves with the word and do what the word says first place........

No. God called Job "blameless and upright".
God did NOT associate Job's attacks with fear.
God did NOT call fear 'sin'.

I'm getting off this ridiculous merry-go-round. If you want to write your own version of Job, be my guest.

If Job did not sin, then why did he repent over something he did not do?

Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

In your mind what is the truth about suffering?
Well, in the Word we are instructed over and over again to crucify our flesh/mortify our members and told to be a living sacrifice. The bridge to perfection and maturity is suffering. Jesus , the apostles and the early church are our examples.

Suffering is not just persecution, but rejection by family and friends, times of need, physical and emotional suffering, suffering because you refuse to reject Jesus, sufferings that can come from sacrificing our lives, as we have been called to do, for 'others'. Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship (reasonable service). This suffering often comes by not conforming to the world but fulfilling our purpose in Christ.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/living-sacrifice.html#ixzz3SGOd86iy

Last edited:
If Job did not sin, then why did he repent over something he did not do?

Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
What exactly is it that Job is repenting of?
Was Job guilty of this heinous crime at the outset of the story?

Two days ago the Lord impressed upon me to pray. I did not know what to pray for, so I started praying in the Spirit for about 20 minutes. After praying I sensed that something was going to happen to either my mother, or father in law in which my wife and I take care of as they are in their mid 80's. The very next day my father in law rolled off his bead, and could not get back up. We went to him and could not get him to answer us, or move half of his body. We called 911 and the paramedics came to our house. After checking him out they thought he just had a "stroke", and they decided to have him transported by helicopter to a Hospital down the hill from where we live. Loma Linda University Hospital is where they took him, which is about 50 miles from us. We called all our family, and calmly drove down to where he was. We knew strokes a lot of times wind up the person dying, depending on how bad it is. My family are all Christians and believe that God is always in control no matter how bad things look.
When we got to the Hospital, the doctor there told us that "Dan", my father in law, had just suffered a "major catastrophic stroke" Half of his brain had no blood flow to it for over two hours. It only takes 15 minutes of no blood flow to cause irreversible brain damage. The doctor said because Dan had a "pace maker" they could not do a MRI which would show them any hemorrhaging in his brain. Things looked very very bad, and doctor said, there was not much he could do. There were only two options. One would just let life take its course and let him die, the other was to do a procedure that only this Hospital could do that might give him a chance, but was very risky. We decided to let the doctor do what he thought was best. The procedure took over two hours to perform, and when completed the doctor came out and showed us on his "cell phone" images of a "CT" scan they had taken before, and after this procedure. The first CT scan showed no blood flow at all covering half of his brain. The other images showed us the "blood clog" he had removed, and how after finding a spot in his vein in his brain that was clogged, and reopened. The last imaged show blood once again flowing where there was none before.
The doctor was unsure of what the outcome would be, and said Dan will most likely be in the "trauma ICU" unit for a few weeks, most likely unconscious.
That same day at 8:20pm we went in to see him, and he was awake. He was very conscience and was able to move parts of his body that was paralyzed.
We were able to talk to him, and he understood what we were saying, by nodding his head.
The next day, when we got there he was sitting up on the side of his bead. We were shocked!!! He even was able to stand up and walk around and speak to us.
All the nurses and doctors in the ICU unit where totally surprised that after less then 2 days, and having major brain surgery that he was able to do any of these things. The first words that came out of my father in law mouth was, "I want to go home"!!!
This is all beyond medical science. This just does not happen.
We are so blessed beyond all we could ever ask or think. Even being able to minister to those in the waiting room who had things nowhere near as bad as what my family was experiencing was a joy to behold, Seeing the peace, and joy that Jesus gives to those who serve him is unspeakable!

Back