Unity and Uniformity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again Crossnote; this is going to be a hard burden to bear for you to hear and bear coming from me.

God's word the bible (66 books) is a reference guide for people to learn about God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is not authority. God is the authority. God's truth is found in the bible. Jesus Christ is taught like no other who was the authority.

Matthew 7:28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were astonished at His teaching, 29 because He taught as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Is the bible having the authority or the Lord having the authority?

It is really hard notion to bear unfortunately. The bible helps and encourages people in the faith.

Hello again Crossnote; this is going to be a hard burden to bear for you to hear and bear coming from me.

God's word the bible (66 books) is a reference guide for people to learn about God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is not authority. God is the authority. God's truth is found in the bible. Jesus Christ is taught like no other who was the authority.

Matthew 7:28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were astonished at His teaching, 29 because He taught as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Is the bible having the authority or the Lord having the authority?

It is really hard notion to bear unfortunately. The bible helps and encourages people in the faith.
Matthew,
I don't see how you can call it God's Word on the one hand and say it is 'not authority' on the other.
What other authoritative Word do we have if not God's Word?
You can't divorce God from His Word unless He lies. His Word is Truth...written or otherwise. (Think about it).

Thank you for the conversation but going to stand by what was said, crossnote.

If you do not like that it is fine! Okay? Whatever you do with the information that was given to you is up to you, now going to wash my hands clean of it. There is no judgement here from me, and you know for someone like yourself it is understandable not to understand. Which is totally okay.

Going to go off on a different subject now and ask you if you had anything to eat today for the sake of joy and love and compassion.

Is your family doing okay?

How old are you?

Lets talk about something else.

Thank you for the conversation but going to stand by what was said, crossnote.

If you do not like that it is fine! Okay? Whatever you do with the information that was given to you is up to you, now going to wash my hands clean of it. There is no judgement here from me, and you know for someone like yourself it is understandable not to understand. Which is totally okay.

Going to go off on a different subject now and ask you if you had anything to eat today for the sake of joy and love and compassion.

Is your family doing okay?

How old are you?

Lets talk about something else.

Isaiah 8:20 (KJV) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Look up the phrase "It is written" and you will find it used 80 times in Scripture, mostly referring to the authority of God's written Word, even our Lord Jesus often used that expression appealing to the authority of the Old Testament.

Yes, sir.

Would rather have the spirit of God correct me when am in the wrong about my own decisions in life.
Would rather be chastised by our Father in heaven, crossnote.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

MG, do you believe this instruction is only for those people back then, and therefore no longer applies?

I'm just curious, and would like to rightfully understand your position.

MM

Hello Musicmaster,

You ask a question to understand my position and share 1 Peter 5:5

Yes, what is being said just because you are older than me doesn't make you my elder, or someone that has authority over me.

Yes you are an elder as humanly speaking but this letter was written to God's Elect Scattered aboard and (back then the elders had requirements to meet and hold to)- for

you can help
share and encourage in the faith

but you can not be over or have lordship over anyone and their faith, nor take place of the authority that is God in the life of a believer.

God will convict a person by the spirit of God in them.​

The Father chastised those whom he loves - who go through difficult hardships and trials due to their own choices in finding their relationship with Him and into trust Him, and to be led by the spirit and not of the flesh.

Being subjected to one another can be in the means of sharing and encouraging in the faith; and not being proud in this sense.

"I am far superior to MusicMaster, he knows nothing at all..." For example - do not see me or anyone better than anyone else all are equal and God has no favorites. - The only one who saves is the Lord Yeshua Christ.

Yet to be humble and gentle and kind and loving, and forgiving towards one another.

Hello Musicmaster,

You ask a question to understand my position and share 1 Peter 5:5

Yes, what is being said just because you are older than me doesn't make you my elder, or someone that has authority over me.

MG, you have mischaracterized my words and meaning. My main thrust was mutual accountability all true believers are supposed to have toward one another, as commanded within the scriptures. That leads to my understanding that we should be able to converse without feeling as if we're walking on egg shells around each other, and becoming so easily offended.

If my questions are probing too deeply into the beliefs within your statements, then I'll back off and leave it alone. No problem. Some people just don't like explaining why they believe what they state. It is what it is.

The ball's in your court. Will you, can you, explain the reasoning behind your beliefs, or not?

I love people too much to not at least ask for the reasons behind their beliefs so that I can try to understand where they're coming from.

MM

STAFF CAUTION: Participants in this thread have technically violated several Forum Rules - Therefore, this thread is being closed for review. It may OR may not be reopened. We caution all members who have participated in this thread to carefully read the Forum Rules - Especially Rule 2.1 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back