VIRGIN BIRTH

Most of theology about dispensations is not about the stages of the church but about Biblical history: how much law did people have before the flood? From the flood to the Torah? etc.

But this is not quite the question of Eph 1, 3, and Gal 3, 4, and most of Hebrews. The 'fulness' of time is that what is revealed in Christ is final. Gal 3 shows us that the Torah was a child-trainer, a governess, but now we are 'adult' in Christ, and we don't need the child-trainer aspect--concerned with externals and foods and ceremony.

There is so little that is solid about the Rapture that I don't know the point of dealing with it. Too much is conjecture from silence, called "fitting it in." True apostle's doctrine is the solid chunks of doctrine.

Agreed.

The word "dispensation" simply means "a system of order, government, or organization as existing at a particular time."

When looking through the Bible, most scholars say that there are seven (7) distinct dispensations, or "ways of doing things" that were God-ordered and God-ordained. Each dispensation has a purpose in the overall story from Genesis to the Revelation. Some say 6 and others say more. Seven seems like a good number to me.

I would love to discuss the Rapture but the forum rules do not allow it. I would only say that IMHO the Rapture is pictured all through the Bible. MHO Enoch and Elijah is a picture/type of such an event.

In my understanding, God does not do impulsive things. But in time..... He gives "Types" or examples so that if we are looking for it, we will see it in those Types. But that is just me.

Back