Wars and Rumors of Wars

I'm just posting this for your information

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. ( Matthew 24v6)

Hello Sola gratia;

In my personal study of Mark 13:7 and Matthew 24:6 I do think of wars and rumors of wars.

Jesus says these things must take place. We all know Jesus wins but even the Scriptures can fall short with me because of loss of life almost daily in these times. It's easy to dismiss when it's not our loved ones or us who may be a victim of war.

Yet, God has me stand firm and come to my senses. Praise Him! I continue daily in my prayers and study of the Word - but live it as well. What can God have me do to help those who cry and suffer to Christ, or to those who do not know?

God bless you, brother, and thank you for sharing.

Bob

Just a comment about the issue of wars and rumors of wars:

One of the reasons the United States military is the best in the world is because of its experience; in the history of the country since its founding in 1776, the US has never enjoyed a period of peace lasting 20 years.

Just a comment about the issue of wars and rumors of wars:

One of the reasons the United States military is the best in the world is because of its experience; in the history of the country since its founding in 1776, the US has never enjoyed a period of peace lasting 20 years.
That`s very interesting, as we in the West tend to think of ourselves `at peace.` (I`m from down under, which I suppose is off the map for many people.)

I'm just posting this for your information

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. ( Matthew 24v6)
Hi Sola gratia,

I do love to read God`s word about what HE has done, is doing and will do. The Psalms are quite revealing.

`The LORD (Father) said to my Lord (Jesus), "Sit at my right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

So, we know from God`s word that Jesus ascended to the Father and is there interceding for us. The Father is making the Lord`s enemies His footstool. (Heb. 1: 3 7: 25)

`Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and His anointed, saying, "Let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us."

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the LORD shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure.` (Ps. 2: 1 - 5)

This `breaking of God`s bonds,` is already in the process. I am talking about the UN`s (United Nation`s) religion. It has all the religions of the world under its umbrella - Earth Charter, mother earth, climate change, moral values (tolerance, respect, inclusive, common good etc) These all include immoral life styles and ungodly behaviour. These values have permeated all areas of society, civil, business and government. You can go to prison if you do not adhere to their values.

This, I believe is the nations `breaking the bonds,` (godly values) in pieces and substituting their own ungodly values.

What do you think?

And how is the Father bringing the nations to His Son`s footstool for judgment?

since we dont know the day or the hour as we use to say in hide and seek ready or not here i come. people best ready and watching by being a doer of the word . live like we know he is returning at any time.. much like we prepare for guest in our house .. time we clean our house .. not our neighbors personally i dont know what keeps him from taking us out of this world we live in

2 peter 3
3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, " what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,"

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Back