Was Job Real?

we only have reference to the "Book of the Wars of the LORD" prior to Moses ..

Num 21:14 Therefore it is said in the Book of the Wars of the LORD, "Waheb in Suphah, And the wadis of the Arnon,

why would Moses have not mentioned the book Job then ???
Joshua and Samuel mention the "Book of Jasher" ..

Jos 10:13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.
2Sa 1:18 and he told them to teach the sons of Judah the song of the bow; behold, it is written in the book of Jashar.

Last edited:
Scholars agree that the oldest book of the bible was written between 2000 to 1500 BC. Job was written about that time.

scholars do NOT agree ..

if you add and deduct from the dates given in the bible (supplemented by archeology) the Exodus was in 1446 and in 1406 crossed over into the promised land .. so right there your scholars are not too scholarly ..

Last edited:
Well I don't agree with you. so...

you don't need to .. but I see NO evidence to substantiate your claim ..
nor saying "scholars agree" .. I doubt that has ever happened on earth ..
nor is "group think" (majority) a means of validation ..
I seem to remember the majority saying Galileo was wrong ..

Here is one scholar among countless others who claims Job as the oldest book of the bible. Read chapter two---very informative.

fine .. you want to post peoples opinion ???
here is WIKI (among countless others) that says 6th century as a good candidate ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Job

or there are COUNTLESS scholars who, like I, think it is a reflection of the Judges period ..

so now your "countless" only represent 1/3 of scholars ..

fine .. you want to post peoples opinion ???
here is WIKI (among countless others) that says 6th century as a good candidate ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Job

or there are COUNTLESS scholars who, like I, think it is a reflection of the Judges period ..

so now your "countless" only represent 1/3 of scholars ..

Not opinion----scholarly information. Why should I believe you, who poo-poos what the majority of people who have studied these matters believes? Solitary stances are most often wrong and reveal them to be the sticks-in-the-mud they really are.

Wiki is not worthy of even clicking on.

Not opinion----scholarly information. Why should I believe you, who poo-poos what the majority of people who have studied these matters believes? Solitary stances are most often wrong and reveal them to be the sticks-in-the-mud they really are.

Wiki is not worthy of even clicking on.

scholarly opinion NOT data ..
nor does the majority who have studied these matters agree with your 1/3 scholars ..

ALL truths begin from one point and spread forth ..
so your "group think" philosophy is not much more then seeking validation by numbers ..

so your "Solitary stances are most often wrong and reveal them to be the sticks-in-the-mud they really are"

is incorrect and NOTHING but deformation ..
and NOT very Christian nor academic ..

neither is your link worth clicking on ..

scholarly opinion NOT data ..
nor does the majority who have studied these matters agree with your 1/3 scholars ..

ALL truths begin and spread forth ..
so your "most often wrong and reveal them to be the sticks-in-the-mud they really are" is NOTHING but deformation .. and NOT very Christian nor academic ..

neither is your link worth clicking on ..

I think it is. It is the general consensus that Job is the oldest of all books of scripture.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/how-to-handle-arrogant-people.38637/#post-334959

now let me ask you a question ..
BY WHAT DATA, AND INTERPRETATION OF THAT DATA IS THE DATING APPLIED ???

what gives it a PRE-TORAH plausibility ???

did you know the consensus of the people said Noah was nuts to build an Ark ???
or the consensus of the people said Mose was not coming back ??? etc, etc, etc ..

but then again, Noah & Moses were "stick in the muds" because they did not believe ALL THE PEOPLE ..

did you know, the consensus was that Ramses was the Pharaoh of the Exodus ???
even "the 10 Commandments" movie portrayed that line of "consensus thinking" ..

then you read a little verse in the bible (1Ki 6:1) ..
OOPS .. ALL THOSE SCHOLARS NOW HAVE EGG ON THEIR FACE ..
and they "studied these matters" ..

You've revealed your hand. It's a loser.

I have revealed your disingenuous attempt to use "group think" to validate yourself ..
if you want to be academic .. then please answer the question I posed ..

OPINIONS ARE A DIME A DOZEN .. FEW EVEN ATTEMPT TO GIVE PLAUSIBILITY FOR THAT OPINION .. SHOWING IT TO BE WHAT IT IS .. "SOMETHING THAT TICKLES YOUR EAR ONLY" ..

a discussion on the use of Uz is at least worth discussing (as is the use of Ararat etc) ..

Last edited:
I have revealed your disingenuous attempt to use "group think" to validate yourself ..

LOL! You've done no such thing. All you've done is disagree with the generally accepted understanding that Job is the oldest book of scripture. Big deal.

OPINIONS ARE A DIME A DOZEN .. FEW EVEN ATTEMPT TO GIVE PLAUSIBILITY FOR THAT OPINION .. SHOWING IT TO BE WHAT IT IS .. "SOMETHING THAT TICKLES YOUR EAR ONLY" ..

Those who go off the rails when someone disagrees with their views that are not widely held are usually the ones with the ticklish ears.

LOL! You've done no such thing. All you've done is disagree with the generally accepted understanding that Job is the oldest book of scripture. Big deal.

that is a lie that it is "generally accepted" .. show me the survey which a majority (even though not relevant) says that ..

Those who go off the rails when someone disagrees with their views that are not widely held are usually the ones with the ticklish ears.

off the rails ??? .. that would be you .. because you are the one that calls someone who dares to think different and adds new data "a stick in the mud" ..

Back