We homeschool our kids and it’s….

hmm well cant' comment on what the US did in Vietnam really...or the state of schools in the US in general. Don't you have an Education Ministry, if not in your local govt, your churches?

I think because of technology, distance learning is now feasible for many and more attractive than going to a physical school. But for parents to be teachers they need to have a gift in teaching. Not everyone does.

I also think schools need MORE good teachers rather than teachers just teaching their own children at home! But thats just IMHO.

Imagine if Jesus just said I'm just going to teach my own children and didn't open up his ministry to the gentiles. Jesus actually didn't even have his own biological children. But what if he did and just stayed in his own home.

hmm well cant' comment on what the US did in Vietnam really...or the state of schools in the US in general. Don't you have an Education Ministry, if not in your local govt, your churches?

I think because of technology, distance learning is now feasible for many and more attractive than going to a physical school. But for parents to be teachers they need to have a gift in teaching. Not everyone does.

I also think schools need MORE good teachers rather than teachers just teaching their own children at home! But thats just IMHO.

Imagine if Jesus just said I'm just going to teach my own children and didn't open up his ministry to the gentiles. Jesus actually didn't even have his own biological children. But what if he did and just stayed in his own home.

Lanolin;

Education ministry? Yes. I believe that would fall under Christian private school, Catholic school which are two of the largest religious private schools in America.

During the Vietnam war, the point is it did have an impact on the children in school whose Dad was deployed, like my Dad who went twice. Imagine, here I am in the 5th, 6th and again in the 9th grade not knowing if he was going to make it back. I had my share of problems as a student during that time.

I only thank God my Dad did make it back and is still with us today.

Staff Caution: Several participants in this thread have posted confrontational content aimed at other members.

Let us ALL remember that there are significant school protocol differences between countries around the globe and what may be considered proper or correct in one area may not be accepted at all in another area. Comparing apples to oranges or out of context starts arguments and we strongly suggest that members go over Rules 2.1, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2a. Any additional bickering may possibly result in time outs.

This thread will be allowed to continue AFTER a cooling off period.

This thread may now continue ON TOPIC and without negative comments from anyone against policies, procedures or educational differences regionally around the world. Any demeaning of other forum members or their beliefs or opinions will not be tolerated and this thread will be monitored carefully.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello Skipper;

I'd like to hone back into the original discussion. Thank you for sharing We homeschool our kids and it's....

It is an opportunistic alternative to public and private school. I do understand more the concept of homeschool, the reason you and your wife choose to homeschool your kids, and fortunately, it's your right.

God bless you and your family.

Amazing! I just want to encourage any parents out there who are considering homeschooling to jump right in and do it. It is stressful when you’re first sorting out schedules and curriculums but once you get it, it’s fantastic!

You can witness your children grow and learn before your eyes. My kids have a daily Bible lesson and it’s incredibly moving to hear them memorize and recite scripture.

We no longer have to worry about anti-Christian indoctrination and it’s a farce to say children don’t get the social adjustment they need. As long as they have friends their age somewhere to interact with, they adjust completely fine. We have ours in extracurricular activities to also accommodate the social aspect.

If anyone has any questions about it, please don’t hesitate to ask!

So good to hear that with the bible-lessons at home so no one can talk them into believing anything else

Back