Were There Humans In Heaven Before Jesus Ascended.

Thread is............ Were There Humans In Heaven Before Jesus Ascended???
It is not about demons in Genesis 6!!!!

My original statement was NO. It still is.

John 3:13: ........
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man [Jesus Christ] who is in heaven."

My own study of the Bible has convinced me that our souls or spirits go immediately into the presence of God when we die. There they wait for the Resurrection of the body. The Apostle Paul wrote that those of us who are Christians “would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:8).

Jesus is the only human-God, the Man-God to go to heaven.

Did Elijah die?” “Yes, his mortal body died when he was taken to heaven in a chariot in a whirlwind.” Only his spirit went to heaven.

Remember, when we read the faith chapter of Hebrews 11 we see............
A plain reading of Hebrews 11:13 seems to say that Enoch actually did experience death.
"All these died in faith, without receiving the promises . . . "!
I call that being 'translated' or 'transfigured', like Jesus' flesh body was. I don't believe Enoch or Elijah had to die in their flesh for God to do that. But clearly Lord Jesus did die first, and then was transfigured, made "a quickening spirit" Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:45.

If we were in heaven before Jesus then how would we know?
He is there in the beginning so ok, was we?

We wasn’t created until the 6th day so

Maybe there was just existence as opposed to self consciousness. Like a baby who has no sense of self

I don’t remember anything before I was 4 years old and Jesus was there

Wow that just blows my mind!

I see a lot of sequences being put forth on this thread. Can we assign a chronology to eternity? In a place where time doesn't exist, all events would be transpiring simultaneously and continously. The temporal realm is a creation of God which was began in Genesis 1:14-19. Those created things would not apply to the eternal realm. From the eternal perspective, the entirety of human history is going on forever all at once.

I see a lot of sequences being put forth on this thread. Can we assign a chronology to eternity? In a place where time doesn't exist, all events would be transpiring simultaneously and continously. The temporal realm is a creation of God which was began in Genesis 1:14-19. Those created things would not apply to the eternal realm. From the eternal perspective, the entirety of human history is going on forever all at once.

That is deep!

Back