Were There Humans In Heaven Before Jesus Ascended.

there is no false impressions even Paul wrote the preaching of the Cross is foolishness' to the lost . but to those saved its our power. so there is no false impression on just using the cross
True. The things of God are foolishness to the natural mind unless God's Holy Spirit intercedes.

there is no false impressions even Paul wrote the preaching of the Cross is foolishness' to the lost . but to those saved its our power. so there is no false impression on just using the cross
I do not agree but that is Ok brother! I do not want to argue with you.gods blessings to you my brother!

To those reading this who are young in the faith, My only desire is that you do not think more of the cross than that of the man Christ Jesus. You see, we are forgiven by His death and saved by His resurrection life!

For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. (1 Corinthians 15:16–17)

Please know that Salvation is not a “thing.” It’s not a ticket to Heaven with your name on it. It’s not merely your name being written in the Book of Life. No, salvation is a Person—the resurrected Christ literally dwelling within you.

Last edited:
NO Moose I did not. I posted exactly what the KJV says. No more and NO less.
YOU add............. (as opposed to "men" earlier in the verse, this is always angels in the Old Testament) !!!

Again.........allow me to explain the correct exegesis of ALL SCRIPTURE. It is always determined by CONTEXT and LOCATION.

NO WHERE in Genesis 6 is there any mention of FALLEN ANGELS or DEMONS!. That only comes from a very old understanding going all the way back to the 1st church and the Jewish Talmud. That myth was based on Job 1:6................
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."
CONTEXT = ANGELS,...........LOCATION = HEAVEN!.

The book of Job is older than Moses writings so then, Where does God live...HEAVEN. At the that time were there any human men in heaven with God. So then who are the "SON OF GOD"????? They by CONTEXT and LOCATION must be angels.

Now in Genesis 6,,,,,,,,,,,where is the LOCATION....the EARTH.............What is the CONTEXT..............when men began to multiply on the face of the earth!!!!

Moose.....this is not rocket science!
But why would the Bible call ordinary men "sons of God" in reference to them mating with human women? Instead of just saying men and women had sex? Not only that, why would the Bible even mention ordinary men mating with human women at all since that's nothing new or out of the ordinary and has been going on since Adam & Eve? In the Bible verse context, it calls the one group "sons of God" and the other group daughters of men. Why make a distinction if they are all just humans. And why mention it at all since people have been mating since the dawn of time? Looking at the context and wording, you can clearly see that something out of the ordinary is going on, especially when the Bible goes on the say their offspring together were not ordinary men but were giants. Like real giants where one Bible verse says men were like grasshoppers to them. Also they had 12 fingers and toes instead of ten. Doesn't sound like the Bible is describing ordinary men and women mating. :)

But why would the Bible call ordinary men "sons of God" in reference to them mating with human women? Instead of must saying men and women had sex? Not only that, why would the Bible even mention ordinary men mating with human women at all since that's nothing new or out of the ordinary and has been going on since Adam & Eve? In the Bible verse context, it calls the men one group "sons of God" and the other group daughters of men. Why make a distinction if they are all just humans. And why mention it at all since people have been mating since the dawn of time? Looking at the context and wording, you can clearly see that something out of the ordinary is going on, especially when the Bible goes on the say their offspring together were not ordinary men but were giants. Like real giants where one Bible verse says men were like grasshoppers to them. Also they had 12 fingers and toes instead of ten. Doesn't sound like the Bible is describing ordinary men and women mating. :)
Several questions here.

The men in Genesis 6 were called Sons of God because the “sons of God” as descendants of Seth. It was Seth that man began to call upon the Lord. It seems that Seth’s godly descendants were intoxicated by the beauty of women descended from Cain, thus marrying those who’d rejected God and leading to the great wickedness seen in Genesis 6.

CONTEXT says that in Genesis 4-5 describes two lines of descent from Adam: one through Cain and the other through Seth.
There is absolutly NO SUGGESTION on fallen angels in the text.

In the Old Testament, God’s covenant people are referred to as God’s sons in Deut. 14:1 and Jere. 3:19.

You asked..........
"Not only that, why would the Bible even mention ordinary men mating with human women at all since that's nothing new or out of the ordinary and has been going on since Adam & Eve?"

Because that is the CONTEXT of why God destroyed the world by the Flood! The wickedness of the intermarriages!

You asked.........
"In the Bible verse context, it calls the men one group "sons of God" and the other group daughters of men. Why make a distinction if they are all just humans. And why mention it at all since people have been mating since the dawn of time?"

WHY NOT???? Sons of God = Godly line of Seth.-----Daughters of Men = Ungodly line of Cain.............BOTH HUMNAS.

You asked...........
"Looking at the context and wording, you can clearly see that something out of the ordinary is going on, especially when the Bible goes on the say their offspring together were not ordinary men but were giants."

Just the opposite IMHO. There is again NO suggestion of anything except two lines of humans. There is NOTHING said about demons in the Scripture in Genesis 6.

Extra fingers and toes is simply a common birth defect! It is herditery!

But why would the Bible call ordinary men "sons of God" in reference to them mating with human women? Instead of just saying men and women had sex? Not only that, why would the Bible even mention ordinary men mating with human women at all since that's nothing new or out of the ordinary and has been going on since Adam & Eve? In the Bible verse context, it calls the one group "sons of God" and the other group daughters of men. Why make a distinction if they are all just humans. And why mention it at all since people have been mating since the dawn of time? Looking at the context and wording, you can clearly see that something out of the ordinary is going on, especially when the Bible goes on the say their offspring together were not ordinary men but were giants. Like real giants where one Bible verse says men were like grasshoppers to them. Also they had 12 fingers and toes instead of ten. Doesn't sound like the Bible is describing ordinary men and women mating. :)
The Nephilim were the offspring of the sons of God mating with the daughters of men.

Good observation too that had these verses been referring to the sexual congress between men and women the passage would not identify the female humans as daughters of men.

If we're talking about human sexual union all women would be the daughters of men. Just as all human males would be referred to as sons of men, as in Psalm 115:6 and some 36 other verses.

No, the passage we're discussing isn't referring to typical human sexual contacts.

I totally understand that some of us are committed to the belief that demons had sex with human women and produced the NEPHILIM!
I have absolultly NO desire to argue with any of you. My only purpose is the correctly teach the literal Word of God without additions.

#1.
Now for those of you who are believers in that thought, please make sure that you understand that the basic, fundamental premise in the Bible is the doctrine of man's earthly dominion, and it is that God gave His delegated authority to human beings on this planet. And God made only man as a fleshly being with a soul. That is Bible Christianity 101!!!

Demons, on the other hand, are fallen angels, spirit beings and there is NO BIBLE RECORD that they have a soul or even a body!.

Animals have a body and mind, but no eternal soul/spirit. So then, Man is uniquely made in God's image as a triune being -- spirit, soul (mind, will, and emotions), and body.

God gave dominion to man on the earth to rule as His regent because man was made in His image as a triune being. So only a triune man, made out of the dust of the earth, can have dominion under God. Demons cannot take on flesh -- there is nowhere in the Bible that says that they can. Of course we know that angels, both heavenly and fallen, can appear in human form, but they remain spirit beings only.

#2.
The 2nd premise is that in Genesis chapter one, God says in verse 24, "...Let the earth produce living creatures according to their 'kinds'...".
That means that A fish can not produce with a bird. And a man cannot produce with an animal -- or a demon. All creatures on the earth produce only according to their 'kind'.
God alone is the Creator. Demons and angels do not have the power to create, so they could not have re-created, or reproduced with human beings. If these were a separate race created by demons reproducing with men -- which would not be something God created -- then I believe God would have made it clear that the demon-men were being destroyed along with the regular men.

But God only says that He will destroy MAN who he created in Genesis 6.

#3.
If the demons were reproducing offspring with humans then, why don't we see any other instance of this in the Bible -- and why aren't they doing it today? If was done then........there is no way they would not be doing it today.
The answer, I believe, is that it simply isn't possible.

We need to be careful that we don't try to force the Bible to say what it doesn't actually say. This is how cults and false religions are started and grow. Instead, we must use proper biblical interpretation that lets the Bible say what it says, adding nothing and taking nothing away.

Remember, God is sovereign, and He set the parameters for reproduction in Genesis chapter one, and no one, and no thing can reproduce outside of His plan.

I just wanted you all to realize what you HAVE TO CHANGE IN THE BIBLE to make your thesis acceptable.

And AGAIN 3rd time. None of this is concerning the spirit of this thread!

There is however a thread at "The Sons of God" in Genesis 6 - Who Were They? which is exactly what some of you want to talk about.

Satan is Lord of this world. By now it should be 8bvious given the state of this world.

I think in your zeal to defend your pov you don't realize you aren't following what is in scripture alone. Not when you don't accept the daughters of men description for what it is.

And here you contradicted your point:'' (angels) can appear in human form, but they remain spirit beings only.''

If angels can appear in the human form they cannot remain spirit beings only.

It isn't changing the Bible to fit my thesis. And I don't think you can levy that judgement when you deny what a passage says because it doesn't comport with your ideas.
When you do that sooner or later you will contradict your own pov.

The Staff would like to remind the primary participants in this thread about Forum Rule # 3.2b:

"Rule 3.2b ChristianForumSite.com has a wide variety of members from around the World. This Forum does not allow the elevation of one Christian belief system over another. This is demeaning and belittling the beliefs of other Christians while promoting another system so as to create an atmosphere of superiority. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary."

This includes Biblical interpretation differences between members. Find a common ground and please stop the back and forth bickering, otherwise this thread will be halted and removed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Satan is Lord of this world. By now it should be 8bvious given the state of this world.

I think in your zeal to defend your pov you don't realize you aren't following what is in scripture alone. Not when you don't accept the daughters of men description for what it is.

And here you contradicted your point:'' (angels) can appear in human form, but they remain spirit beings only.''

If angels can appear in the human form they cannot remain spirit beings only.

It isn't changing the Bible to fit my thesis. And I don't think you can levy that judgement when you deny what a passage says because it doesn't comport with your ideas.
When you do that sooner or later you will contradict your own pov.
Thank you for your responce. I appreciate your thoughts.

Allow me to say that I agree 100% that Satan is the power of the air just as the Bible says.

Thank you for saying "In my zeal to defend". That is exactly what I do. I am a Bible reading and belivieng person and I work hard to defend the Word of God. Again Thanks!

Please understand.....I have never said that the "daughters of men" were anything other than that. Daughters of men = Human women!

You said.....
"And here you contradicted your point:'' (angels) can appear in human form, but they remain spirit beings only.''

I stand by what I said. That is NOT a contradiction at all. That is a correct Bible statement. Angels appearing in human form are all through the Bible, but NOWHERE does the Bible say that they are anything other than angels, spirit beings. So I really do not understand what you are saying. Appearing in human form does not make an angel a human.

Two angels in Genesis 19:1 warn Lot to leave the city before God annihilated it, but there is no record that they became humans.

In Daniel 10, Michael the arch angel came to interpret Daniels dream but there is not record that he became a human being.

In Genesis 3 angels came to tell Abraham that he and Sara were to have a baby at 90, but there is no record they became humans.

An angel came to Joshua to encourage him before battle, but there is no record he became a human being.

In Acts, Peter was arrested by Herod and about to die, and an angel helps him to escape but there is nothing about him being a human.

So I think that if you read through all that is said you will agree that my pov is exactly what the Bible says. That being the case, again, I want to thank you for the compliment!

It is always a blessing to talk with you. God bless you!

Thank you for your responce. I appreciate your thoughts.

Allow me to say that I agree 100% that Satan is the power of the air just as the Bible says.

Thank you for saying "In my zeal to defend". That is exactly what I do. I am a Bible reading and belivieng person and I work hard to defend the Word of God. Again Thanks!

Please understand.....I have never said that the "daughters of men" were anything other than that. Daughters of men = Human women!

You said.....
"And here you contradicted your point:'' (angels) can appear in human form, but they remain spirit beings only.''

I stand by what I said. That is NOT a contradiction at all. That is a correct Bible statement. Angels appearing in human form are all through the Bible, but NOWHERE does the Bible say that they are anything other than angels, spirit beings. So I really do not understand what you are saying. Appearing in human form does not make an angel a human.

Two angels in Genesis 19:1 warn Lot to leave the city before God annihilated it, but there is no record that they became humans.

In Daniel 10, Michael the arch angel came to interpret Daniels dream but there is not record that he became a human being.

In Genesis 3 angels came to tell Abraham that he and Sara were to have a baby at 90, but there is no record they became humans.

An angel came to Joshua to encourage him before battle, but there is no record he became a human being.

In Acts, Peter was arrested by Herod and about to die, and an angel helps him to escape but there is nothing about him being a human.

So I think that if you read through all that is said you will agree that my pov is exactly what the Bible says. That being the case, again, I want to thank you for the compliment!

It is always a blessing to talk with you. God bless you!
I think where we disagree on angels is if they only remain as angels, meaning exclusively they cannot then appear as fully human.

Also we have to remember Holy Spirit begat Jesus upon Mary. Therefore sons of God can impregnate daughters of men.

I think where we disagree on angels is if they only remain as angels, meaning exclusively they cannot then appear as fully human.

Also we have to remember Holy Spirit begat Jesus upon Mary. Therefore sons of God can impregnate daughters of men.
By your thinking.....you are making angels equal to God in creating life. Do you have ANY Scripture to support that?????

Do you have ANY Scripture that say angels.....when appearing as humans......REMAIN FULLY HUMAN????

There is a thread here on our site named........"ANGEL STUDY." I recommend that you read through it as it is 100% Bible validated and it may help your understanding.

By your thinking.....you are making angels equal to God in creating life. Do you have ANY Scripture to support that?????

Do you have ANY Scripture that say angels.....when appearing as humans......REMAIN FULLY HUMAN????

There is a thread here on our site named........"ANGEL STUDY." I recommend that you read through it as it is 100% Bible validated and it may help your understanding.
It's curious that you seem to doubt others knowledge of scripture.

Angels, messengers typically appear as human males when described in the Bible.

If we recall the angels that visited Lot. They appeared as men to Lot and his family.
The men of Sodom and Gomorrah came to Lot's home and demanded Lot release them so that the men of Sodom might ''know'' them.

Daniel 9:21 While I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the first, came to me in swift flight at the time of the evening sacrifice.

Genesis 18:1-33
And the Lord appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth and said, “O Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant. Let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree, while I bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh yourselves, and after that you may pass on—since you have come to your servant.” So they said, “Do as you have said.”

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

It's curious that you seem to doubt others knowledge of scripture.

Angels, messengers typically appear as human males when described in the Bible.

If we recall the angels that visited Lot. They appeared as men to Lot and his family.
The men of Sodom and Gomorrah came to Lot's home and demanded Lot release them so that the men of Sodom might ''know'' them.

Daniel 9:21 While I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the first, came to me in swift flight at the time of the evening sacrifice.

Genesis 18:1-33
And the Lord appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth and said, “O Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant. Let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree, while I bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh yourselves, and after that you may pass on—since you have come to your servant.” So they said, “Do as you have said.”

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

No sir....not at all. However, you can not make the Scriptures say what you want them to say. Of all the people who post on this site, I am the least!!!!

Yes.......Angels appear as human all through the Bible.
Yes, angels appeared to Lot.
Yes, angels appeared to Daniel.
In Genesis 18 is the pre-incarnant Lord Jesus....."And the LORD appeared"!
Job 1:6 is indeed angels in heaven.
Satan is an angel.

However........NO WHERE in the Scriptures is there a suggestion that a demon had sexual relations with a human woman.

Yes, I know. If you follow the discussion you'll see a comment someond , side that Angela are spirits and cannot take human form.
Spirit form is the issue there.
But your comment was that a demon...spirit being could have sex with a human. You uses the Holy Spirit with Mary as an example.

Your exact post was..........
"Also we have to remember Holy Spirit begat Jesus upon Mary. Therefore sons of God can impregnate daughters of men."

The idea that the "Sons of God" are demons is your opinion and is not Biblical.
Why would you think that a demon/fallen angel would be called a "SON OF GOD"!

Only God has creative power not any angel or demon.

But your comment was that a demon...spirit being could have sex with a human. You uses the Holy Spirit with Mary as an example.

Your exact post was..........
"Also we have to remember Holy Spirit begat Jesus upon Mary. Therefore sons of God can impregnate daughters of men."

The idea that the "Sons of God" are demons is your opinion and is not Biblical.
Why would you think that a demon/fallen angel would be called a "SON OF GOD"!

Only God has creative power not any angel or demon.
I think you're confusing members. I didn't refer to demon spirits.

Back