What’s the meaning of receiving mark of the beast and of not being able to buy or sell?

If to the Lord one day (to the Lord) is as a thousand years (to us), (2Pet 3:8) even today, after thousands of years... is 'soon'.
I see the thousand years described in Revelation 20. So, I believe it was included in the "things that would happen soon." And that isn't a literal thousand years either.

I see the thousand years described in Revelation 20. So, I believe it was included in the "things that would happen soon." And that isn't a literal thousand years either.
My point from 2Pet 3:8 is that 'soon' is relative in terms of time. We are only two days from Christ's first appearing in the metaphorical used by Peter.

while people worry about the mark of the beast. the cashless society is just about in place. that is prelude to the mark of the beast bank cards credit cards . direct deposit, bar codes . all the mandates to many may seem innocent but it leads to control . we dont do nothing with our s.s number

meh not into conspiracy theories when God gives us things for FREE. We never buy nor sell the Holy Spirit, so it's actually not anything to worry about.

If you want to worry about it..go ahead but not going to do you any good.

One thing I know, everything in the book of Revelation was to occur "soon." Don't have to worry about any "5th" Beast appearing on earth almost 2,000 years after the Bible concluded.
They deciphered then that the man of sin was Nero Caesar. (666) The forehead stands for what a person believed and the right hand that which one clings to. It is possible that the Jews then did call Caesar "King." And worshiped his image and they had to have coins stamped with Caesar's image on it in order to buy and sell.
That would be preterism. not sound teaching!

Preterism or not, book of Revelation was written many years ago just like all the other New Testament letters, and they were addressed to those living at the time.
This doesn't mean to say we cannot learn from it and those things don't also happen in our lives thousands of years later.

Preterism or not, book of Revelation was written many years ago just like all the other New Testament letters, and they were addressed to those living at the time.
This doesn't mean to say we cannot learn from it and those things don't also happen in our lives thousands of years later.
Yes, very true. The teachings in the New Testament were for all times. But the prophecy events in Revelation were limited to a specific time frame. Even future to those when Revelation was written- but would SOON take place.

Last edited:
Here in nz there's now a vaccine pass you can get, although its not really related to buying and selling (since you can do it online whether you are vaccinated or not) but it just lets you have gatherings or access services where you might be in close contact with someone.

If buying or selling online on a site like TradeMe, you can become an authorised seller if you write to them and they confirm your address, plus it gives you feedback etc on every sale.

This is I guess a safeguard to make sure people aren't flogging stolen goods though there's no real guarantee the goods are perfect. You can generally sell anything online, but I think there are some rules, like you can't sell your organs....

Here in nz there's now a vaccine pass you can get, although its not really related to buying and selling (since you can do it online whether you are vaccinated or not) but it just lets you have gatherings or access services where you might be in close contact with someone.

If buying or selling online on a site like TradeMe, you can become an authorised seller if you write to them and they confirm your address, plus it gives you feedback etc on every sale.

This is I guess a safeguard to make sure people aren't flogging stolen goods though there's no real guarantee the goods are perfect. You can generally sell anything online, but I think there are some rules, like you can't sell your organs....
But Lanolin, does this relate to getting the mark of the beast in the Bible?
Hasn't there always been laws about what we can legally buy or sell? I just bought a handgun. These guns weren't around in Biblical times. The only restrictions were on whether I passed a background check. So, I think we don't need an ancient "mark" of any beast to buy anything.
I'd say we Christians have to depend on our God luck since the rain falls both falls on the just & unjust.

God's luck, to me, is even the little tiny miracles we may experience in life
The heathen don't know this and depend on karma for their luck. But it is missing His protection from bad luck. 👎

The heathen don't know this and depend on karma for their luck. But it is missing His protection from bad luck. 👎
Luck has to do with chance.
Do you think God dwells in the realm of chance or certainty?

just relating the buying and selling that people do today with what the Bible said about buying and selling in Revelation.
You could only buy or sell if you had the mark of the beast. Maybe the mark was just ...money!

Though when selling you don't actually need money but goods to sell. But you might need some if you want to give change.

Or maybe the 'mark' was really short for 'market'. You can only buy and sell if you had the market of the beast.

no such word as LUCK in the Bible . we dont carry a rabbits foot or a horse shoe upright.

THIS IS EXACTLY how one should view revelation
{Write the things which thou hast seen (past), and the things which are (present), and the things which shall be hereafter (future); (Rev 1:19)}

we better learn from it there is coming a time when the book will come alive with events behold i come quickly

Revelation 22:12-14

King James Version

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 3:11​

“Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.”
history has a way of repeating it self only thing Christ has not returned yet when the Bible reads men will seek death ask the mountains to fall on them but yet they cant die.. this will take place someday. maybe sooner than later

if your theory hold true then we need to throw the Bible away never use it again

no such word as LUCK in the Bible . we dont carry a rabbits foot or a horse shoe upright.
Yes, you are correct. Luck is not in the Bible. I guess I developed my own term for good fortune. I blame my grandmother, lol. She said when my brother accepted Christ, his luck changed. Nothing else to analyze for me- it's been a long time.
Hope you can understand that anyway!

THIS IS EXACTLY how one should view revelation
{Write the things which thou hast seen (past), and the things which are (present), and the things which shall be hereafter (future); (Rev 1:19)}

we better learn from it there is coming a time when the book will come alive with events behold i come quickly

Revelation 22:12-14​

King James Version​

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 3:11​

“Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.”
history has a way of repeating it self only thing Christ has not returned yet when the Bible reads men will seek death ask the mountains to fall on them but yet they cant die.. this will take place someday. maybe sooner than later

if your theory hold true then we need to throw the Bible away never use it again
Ok now I will conclude posting on this topic (maybe) bc I feel it is past and I don't live in the past.

The Beast that the false prophet was given power to by the dragon (2nd beast ). In Rev. 13 the beast from the sea was as a whole Rome. But the details about 666 referred to Caesar, namely Nero. Nero was a brute animal if you read Suetonius and Tacitus annals from their Roman history. Nero tortured Christians in the arena. His wife at the time was a Jewish proselyte and wanted Christians tortured.
That said, the 2nd beast in Rev.13 was from the land (meaning it's Israel) leaders and authorities of the synagogue.

I'm pulling this from memory so I recall that the mark, the buying and selling, all had to do with the Jews not being able to buy or sell at the Temple unless they had the coins stamped with Caesar's head on it and had given the power to the 1st beast by saying " We have no king but Caesar."
John 19:15 At this, they shouted, "Away with Him ... - Bible Hub
We have no king but Caesar,” the leading priests shouted back. ... They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I ...

Now if it is not a literal 1000 years......why do you think that God had John to use that particular word??????

Back