What’s the meaning of receiving mark of the beast and of not being able to buy or sell?

Ok now I will conclude posting on this topic (maybe) bc I feel it is past and I don't live in the past.

The Beast that the false prophet was given power to by the dragon (2nd beast ). In Rev. 13 the beast from the sea was as a whole Rome. But the details about 666 referred to Caesar, namely Nero. Nero was a brute animal if you read Suetonius and Tacitus annals from their Roman history. Nero tortured Christians in the arena. His wife at the time was a Jewish proselyte and wanted Christians tortured.
That said, the 2nd beast in Rev.13 was from the land (meaning it's Israel) leaders and authorities of the synagogue.

I'm pulling this from memory so I recall that the mark, the buying and selling, all had to do with the Jews not being able to buy or sell at the Temple unless they had the coins stamped with Caesar's head on it and had given the power to the 1st beast by saying " We have no king but Caesar."
John 19:15 At this, they shouted, "Away with Him ... - Bible Hub
We have no king but Caesar,” the leading priests shouted back. ... They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I ...

Since you are a Preterist, I can see why you say that.

That theology however is not Biblical. According to your theology, Preterism = No signs today point forward to Christ's return Jesus “came” in 70 AD All of Matthew 24 is fulfilled, both partial and full Preterism agree on this.

Now the problem with this theology is...... If you think on the implications of believing the “prophecies” as past events, it will change nearly everything you have ever learned from the Bible.

Harriet, as the first century neared its close, 7 historical churches are addressed in John's Revelation. REALVILLE History tells us Revelation was written late in the first century. In Irenaeus’ work entitled, “Against Heresies” chapter 13:18, Irenaeus tells us when John had his apocalyptic vision and wrote the book........
For that [referring to John’s vision] Irenaeus wrote the following......:
We will not, however, incur the risk of pronouncing positively as to the name of Antichrist; for if it were necessary that his name should be distinctly revealed in this present time, it would have been announced by him who beheld the apocalyptic vision. For that was seen not very long time since, but almost in our day, towards the end of Domitian's reign” (written 180 AD).

Now WHY do you accept the theolgy and where did it come from???????

The view that 70 AD was the fulfillment some point to its development in the 16th century. This theory is said to be invented in the early 1500’s by a Jesuit named Alcasar to counter the Reformers' claim that the Roman Catholic Church was the “great whore... mystery Babylon” sitting on the beast in Revelation 17. Alcazar wrote a large commentary, “Investigation of the Hidden Sense of the Apocalypse,” which suggested the entire book of Revelation is pagan Rome and the first six centuries of the Church's existence.

One has to willfully convince him or her self into denial to come to conclusion that the Old Testament prophecies have already fulfilled and the Lord has no more use for nation and people of Israel. We are watching the birth of a global government, a global religion and a global economy today. It is a fact Earthquakes, famines, wars and pestilences are increasing in both scope and intensity. These are all taking place in the same time period, numerous world wars and internal conflicts, a rise of false prophets and false Christ's as never before. One is hard pressed to prove this is a first century fulfillment, it goes against all logic, present reality and accurate Bible interpretation. The Bible says “...no prophecy is of private interpretation” 2 Peter 1:20.

Ok now I will conclude posting on this topic (maybe) bc I feel it is past and I don't live in the past.

The Beast that the false prophet was given power to by the dragon (2nd beast ). In Rev. 13 the beast from the sea was as a whole Rome. But the details about 666 referred to Caesar, namely Nero. Nero was a brute animal if you read Suetonius and Tacitus annals from their Roman history. Nero tortured Christians in the arena. His wife at the time was a Jewish proselyte and wanted Christians tortured.
That said, the 2nd beast in Rev.13 was from the land (meaning it's Israel) leaders and authorities of the synagogue.

I'm pulling this from memory so I recall that the mark, the buying and selling, all had to do with the Jews not being able to buy or sell at the Temple unless they had the coins stamped with Caesar's head on it and had given the power to the 1st beast by saying " We have no king but Caesar."
John 19:15 At this, they shouted, "Away with Him ... - Bible Hub
We have no king but Caesar,” the leading priests shouted back. ... They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I ...
to be point blank i really dont care .there three parts to the book of REV. future past present many thing have past but will repeat it self when Christ returns every eye shall see him .then all these things you say are past. will come to life..

That theology however is not Biblical. According to your theology, Preterism = No signs today point forward to Christ's return Jesus “came” in 70 AD All of Matthew 24 is fulfilled, both partial and full Preterism agree on this.

Now the problem with this theology is...... If you think on the implications of believing the “prophecies” as past events, it will change nearly everything you have ever learned from the Bible.

Harriet, as the first century neared its close, 7 historical churches are addressed in John's Revelation. REALVILLE History tells us Revelation was written late in the first century. In Irenaeus’ work entitled, “Against Heresies” chapter 13:18, Irenaeus tells us when John had his apocalyptic vision and wrote the book........
We will not, however, incur the risk of pronouncing positively as to the name of Antichrist; for if it were necessary that his name should be distinctly revealed in this present time, it would have been announced by him who beheld the apocalyptic vision. For that was seen not very long time since, but almost in our day, towards the end of Domitian's reign” (written 180 AD).

The view that 70 AD was the fulfillment some point to its development in the 16th century. This theory is said to be invented in the early 1500’s by a Jesuit named Alcasar to counter the Reformers' claim that the Roman Catholic Church was the “great whore... mystery Babylon” sitting on the beast in Revelation 17. Alcazar wrote a large commentary, “Investigation of the Hidden Sense of the Apocalypse,” which suggested the entire book of Revelation is pagan Rome and the first six centuries of the Church's existence.

One has to willfully convince him or her self into denial to come to conclusion that the Old Testament prophecies have already fulfilled and the Lord has no more use for nation and people of Israel. We are watching the birth of a global government, a global religion and a global economy today. It is a fact Earthquakes, famines, wars and pestilences are increasing in both scope and intensity. These are all taking place in the same time period, numerous world wars and internal conflicts, a rise of false prophets and false Christ's as never before. One is hard pressed to prove this is a first century fulfillment, it goes against all logic, present reality and accurate Bible interpretation. The Bible says “...no prophecy is of private interpretation” 2 Peter 1:20.
this is all the more reason i seldom discuss book of rev. there is so much left field theology that it turns in or a i am right your wrong posting . had Christ returned we would not be here
A
Why did the Holy Spirit have Peter tell the

Yes, no prophecy is of private interpretation, that's why we have many Preterists who believe prophecies ended too, just like St. Paul said.
In Daniel 9, the Holy people at the time were supposed to anoint the most holy, etc, and put an end to the prophecy. John was given the scroll that was sealed up until the end time. (End of the Old covenant AGE)
Oh, and Irenaeus is the only defense for futurists. He was saying John, and not the Apocalypse was seen even in the time of Domitian. Plus Iranaeus said Jesus was 50 years old!
The thousand years in Revelation 20 could be literal. Some Preterists believe it was from King David to King Jesus. After all, Revelation speaks of "things that were, things were then, and things to happen soon."
I don't think it's literally though bc God never described anything that backed that up. Whereas, if He is describing the thousand years Peter was telling the disciples, then we have a time frame anywhere
between a day and a thousand years.
I think Satan couldn't touch the apostles and Satan was hindered from the nations receiving the gospel at that time. Even the rumors of wars, etc. Took place during that time. It is all recorded in history leading up to AD70

‘Have Peter tell the’…what?
I apologize. This post was from my phone.
It's basically the same mentioned in my reply to Major.
Notice Peter tells the disciples about the Lord saying that in the last days scoffer
s would come. Those were Jewish scoffers based on what they said about "E VER SINCE THE FATHERS DIED" things went on the same."
Yet notice at the end of 2Pet.3, first, the day of the Lord and then Peter says , " nevertheless, we look for the new Jerusalem, where rightness dwells."
So tell me , has the new heaven and earth not come where righteousness in Christ?
Of course it did. The new covenant. And since Paul said they and we were receiving a kingdom that could not be shaken, etc. Well, the elements of the old covenant would dissolve. (Rev. 20:1). And the the old heaven and earth, which used to be Israel"s temple would pass away.
It literally did!

So tell me , has the new heaven and earth not come where righteousness in Christ?
No that comes after satan, the beast, and false prophet is thrown into the Lake of Fire and after the White Throne Judgment…

Revelation 20:10 NASB
[10] And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:1-2 NASB
[1] Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. [2] And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Allegorizing in this case leads to a disruptive time sequence.

does it spark my interest end times ? yes it does i just cant jump on board of any one certain teaching.. i respect David Jeremiah he is %100 pre trib others are after trib the return of Christ . while i cant prove any of the 2 . me personally i have hard time seeing born again Christians going through the great tribulation .paul wrote God has not appointed us to wrath but to obtain salvation .. the wrath of God is not for the saved by grace person .
will we experience tribulation ? were experiencing in as we speak the new covid coming out . all the distress in the land. hatred seems to grow more every day . so all this tells me were getting closer day by day. when he returns it wont be like the hide and seek games we played as kids 1 2 3 ready or not here i come. when the eastern skies bust wide open and he steps out on a cloud of glory.
there will be no time to say o dear Jesus i meant to get things right with you. it will be to late the point of no return

some old timers i know use to say the believed in the pan millennium.. live your life for jesus every thing will pan out

[1] Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. [2] And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
amen i truly believe this old eart will be purged by the fire before the new heaven and earth come in..

A

Why did the Holy Spirit have Peter tell the

Yes, no prophecy is of private interpretation, that's why we have many Preterists who believe prophecies ended too, just like St. Paul said.
In Daniel 9, the Holy people at the time were supposed to anoint the most holy, etc, and put an end to the prophecy. John was given the scroll that was sealed up until the end time. (End of the Old covenant AGE)
Oh, and Irenaeus is the only defense for futurists. He was saying John, and not the Apocalypse was seen even in the time of Domitian. Plus Iranaeus said Jesus was 50 years old!
The thousand years in Revelation 20 could be literal. Some Preterists believe it was from King David to King Jesus. After all, Revelation speaks of "things that were, things were then, and things to happen soon."
I don't think it's literally though bc God never described anything that backed that up. Whereas, if He is describing the thousand years Peter was telling the disciples, then we have a time frame anywhere
between a day and a thousand years.
I think Satan couldn't touch the apostles and Satan was hindered from the nations receiving the gospel at that time. Even the rumors of wars, etc. Took place during that time. It is all recorded in history leading up to AD70

With all due respect.....this is just ramblings about nothing.

You said......"I Think, I don't think".. What does GOD SAY should be your thoughts!

I think I am cute.
I think that my dog can talk.
I think that the whole world loves me.
I think that I will become a professional baseball player.

We can THINK a lot of stuff but it is all just thinking. What matters is what God said!

No that comes after satan, the beast, and false prophet is thrown into the Lake of Fire and after the White Throne Judgment…

Revelation 20:10 NASB
[10] And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Allegorizing in this case leads to a disruptive time sequence.
Amen and Amen!

I apologize. This post was from my phone.
It's basically the same mentioned in my reply to Major.
Notice Peter tells the disciples about the Lord saying that in the last days scoffer
s would come. Those were Jewish scoffers based on what they said about "E VER SINCE THE FATHERS DIED" things went on the same."
Yet notice at the end of 2Pet.3, first, the day of the Lord and then Peter says , " nevertheless, we look for the new Jerusalem, where rightness dwells."
Of course it did. The new covenant. And since Paul said they and we were receiving a kingdom that could not be shaken, etc. Well, the elements of the old covenant would dissolve. (Rev. 20:1). And the the old heaven and earth, which used to be Israel"s temple would pass away.
It literally did!

And this is what happens when we do not do diligent work in the word of God and listen to those who tell good stories.

Harriet.......do you realize that you are exactly who Peter was talking about when he said....."Scoffers would come in the last days"?????

The 'no longer any sea' part sometimes gets to me...
What, no sea? Where does it go?

Does that mean, we won't have any beaches or..is it all turned to freshwater or what. '

The 'no longer any sea' part sometimes gets to me...
What, no sea? Where does it go?

Does that mean, we won't have any beaches or..is it all turned to freshwater or what. '

Revelation 21:1 says........
“Then I saw ‘a new heaven and a new earth,’ for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.”

There is no reason not to take this literally in this particular case to think that God’s new earth will not contain vast areas of salt water spanning the globe. Of course, bodies of fresh water, such as the river in Revelation 22:1, could still exist in abundance in the new earth.

If a certain passage is not meant to be interpreted literally, there will be obvious contextual clues: ........
e.g., an inanimate object will be used to describe a living thing (Jesus is the bread), life will be attributed to an inanimate object (the trees clap their hands), or an expression will be out of character with the thing described (Herod is a fox).

Revelation 21:1 has no such clues; therefore, there is no good reason to interpret as figurative the revelation that the new earth will be absent a sea.

Many years ago I took the side of literalism and as such must acknowledge that there are other interpretations of the statement there was no longer any sea. Some believe that the “sea” in Revelation 21:1 refers only to the Mediterranean Sea. Maybe????

Others believe that the statement there was no longer any sea is a figurative reference to there being no more divisions among humanity. Maybe???

Some want to interpret the statement there was no longer any sea in Revelation 21:1 to mean that the source of evil in the world is gone. No longer will there be opportunity for rebellion in God’s creation.

Some say that Revelation 21:1 and the statement there was no longer any sea is part of a description of the re-creation of the whole universe, after the tribulation, after the millennium, after the final rebellion. Things will obviously be very different on the new earth from what they are now. The current earth is mostly covered by water, but the new earth will have a different geography and therefore a different climate. That would mean more land to grow crops and feed those who are here.

In the end it does not matter. God is good and whatever He does will be just as good!

And this is what happens when we do not do diligent work in the word of God and listen to those who tell good stories.

Harriet.......do you realize that you are exactly who Peter was talking about when he said....."Scoffers would come in the last days"?????
Not for nothing bro, but that is an insult.
An insult to m y intelligence too.
Even the Roman soldiers perceived chariots in the skies above Jerusalem during the Roman/Jewish War from AD 67-70.
Jesus returned and God sacked the unbelieving Jews, who rejected their Messiah.

Then He gathered his elect. He returned and gather the ones who died for His name i.e.- the apostles, etc. And believers to himself in heaven.

Not for nothing bro, but that is an insult.
An insult to m y intelligence too.
Even the Roman soldiers perceived chariots in the skies above Jerusalem during the Roman/Jewish War from AD 67-70.
Jesus returned and God sacked the unbelieving Jews, who rejected their Messiah.

Then He gathered his elect. He returned and gather the ones who died for His name i.e.- the apostles, etc. And believers to himself in heaven.

Saying that you are scoffing at the 2nd Coming of Christ because you are a Preterist and believe that it has already taken place is not an insult to you at all.

It is a statement of fact because you have said that already by your position. Live it! Love it.

I for one do not accept your theology and I believe that the Rapture, the 7 year tribulation and 2nd Coming and the New heaven New Earth are still ahead of us.

Back