What’s your views on hell?

Recovering a dead body isn't exactly a pleasant job.
And there's lots of important things that you need to do afterwards if you do ever find one. You don't just leave them there uncovered to rot.

The reason I want to know why God planted the tree of of knowledge of good and evil in paradise is not just for knowledges sake. I want to satisfy my curiosity. I am kind of stumped that He would even plant such a terrible tree, being a Loving father.
now I’m not saying He is wrong... obviously He knew what He was doing, I am ignorant of that, and that’s prolly why He had Jesus at the ready because He knew we were nosey.
I think He is a master psychologist, having created our mind to want to know...

but why did He wait hundreds of years to reveal Jesus?
He could have saved us all that trouble😞

The reason I want to know why God planted the tree of of knowledge of good and evil in paradise is not just for knowledges sake. I want to satisfy my curiosity. I am kind of stumped that He would even plant such a terrible tree, being a Loving father.
now I’m not saying He is wrong... obviously He knew what He was doing, I am ignorant of that, and that’s prolly why He had Jesus at the ready because He knew we were nosey.

He could have saved us all that trouble
😞
Hello Via;

Praise God we are nosey. 🤥 I feel in our lifetime walk with Jesus we want to receive as much as we can learn from God before we go before Him one day.
It's also good to ask and share as much as we can with our Father.

To quote Christian writer Bailey Jo Welch, But here’s the good news: No question (or level of doubt) could ever cause God to crumble. God is really great at being God.

I think God being good and loving Father who warns us of the consequences - if we eat the forbidden fruit, we will die. He doesn't TEACH us how to be wicked, He just lays it out, if we do this, this is what happens.

When you are a parent and your child wants to know if she or he can jump off a bridge well you gonna warn him/her she might drown or get hurt aren't you! You wouldn't say well, go on then find out for yourself.

I don't think there is anything wrong with knowledge (I'm a curious soul myself and want to know lots of things) - but knowledge in of itself isn't always wisdom, which God wants us to have. If we ask Him, He will give it to us liberally.

Hi Lanolin;

I agree there is nothing wrong with knowledge especially when it comes to warning. I know people who have expressed the less you know the better. I have always wandered about that. Is it because they don't want to get involved, or stay out of it?

Habakkuk is a great book in the Bible where he took the people's questions directly to God and they gained knowledge. My professor once encouraged his students to go to the library instead of studying at home all the time. I found it was good to learn in a different setting.

Well me being a dumb ass didn’t notice Jesus in the garden right there under my nose in the 3rd and 4 th verse of genesis😂

now things are looking bright. 😁(no pun intended)

I have to ask...
Is Jesus in this book(genesis) a literal light, or a figure of speech , or what?

I just love the bible😊

Regarding the tree of knowledge of good and evil... can someone please explain something:
First off, I can fully understand Eve.
What’s wrong with knowledge?
And precisely, what’s wrong with knowing good and evil?
If i didn’t know not to steal, murder and deceive others, because it’s evil, then for all I know I might do it.
Isnt that the sum of Christianity? Not to do these things?
The point is that they would exist outgside the will of God, would become self willed and become against God, as should just always obey Him period!

I am one who believes that the doctrine of hell fully revealed in the NT, and it is entirely in harmony with the revelation in the OT, which teaches that God will have His day in which He eternally expresses His wrath.

Old Testament writers clearly taught that people who rejected the only true God and the Messiah he promised would experience God’s eternal wrath.

Isaiah 66:24..........
"And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Psalms 110:5.........
"The Lord is at your right hand; he will shatter kings on the day of his wrath".

Daniel 12:2...........
"And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt".

The Old Testament, however, uses the Hebrew word “Sheol.” This is sometimes translated as “hell” in modern Bibles, but it is just as commonly translated as “the grave,” “the pit” in the original Hebrew.

Just as obscure that clear open teaching is on hell in the Old Test. so is the same thing about heaven.

At the same time, Old Testament writers spoke of people enjoying God’s eternal blessings through faith in him.
The writers described heaven in different ways: being at God’s right hand (Psalm 16:11), dwelling in the house of the Lord (Psalm 23:6), being with God in glory (Psalm 73:24), a place of joy (Isaiah 26:19) and the enjoyment of everlasting life (Daniel 12:1-3), for example.

What applies to your thought on the lack of teaching on hell in the Old Test. applies as well to Heaven.

Now does that make either one of them less REAL or valid.

Another thing I was taught longer ago than I can remember is this.....God gave man information in "Portions".

That means God gave man as much as man could grasp and understand as time went by which is why the Bible was 1500 years in being written by over 65 men. If God gave man ALL the information He knew at one time......the heads of men would explode!!!!
Myst remember to that we hold to progressive revelation, so makes sense Jesus and His Apostles would give to us now the full word on Hell!

Romans 6:23: (KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is still no mention of torment as a warning; the only reference is to silence. Death – Life. This gives me
no sense of anything in between. The Old Testament covered the history of mankind from creation to 400 years
before Christ, about a 4,000-year span of time. In those 4,000 years of Bible history, the idea of a burning hell
is simply never addressed. The New Testament covers less than 100 years of history. Is it reasonable to assume
that God withheld such an important eternal "truth" from His creation for 4,000 years?
Due to progressive revelation, as jesus amd His Apostles now gave to us the full doctrine of Hell and eternal punishment/judgement!

You do realize "Dante Inferno" is fiction, completed in 1320 AD.

What if Jesus’ teachings about God’s judgment did NOT point to a burning hell at all? What if that doctrine was borrowed from ancient heathen teaching and illegitimately planted into what became known as the Gospel, centuries AFTER Jesus spoke? What if careful scriptural reasoning
coupled with post-New Testament history could PROVE this?

What if Jesus’ teachings about God’s judgment did NOT point to a burning hell at all? What if that doctrine was borrowed from ancient heathen teaching and illegitimately planted into what became known as the Gospel, centuries AFTER Jesus spoke? What if careful scriptural reasoning

Your comment is not rational. You just said ....."Dante Inferno" is fiction, completed in 1320 AD. "

The Gospels were written in about 50 AD. That is 1270 odd years earlier. That means there is not any "WHAT IF"!!!!!!

There is no careful Scriptural reasoning possible with ANY post New Test. history that can prove OR EVEN QUESTION YOUR OPINION.

Ask yourself this question.......Do you really think that after 2000 years of Christianity and atheism, that you are the 1st person proposing such questions.

You do realize that this is a "Christian" forum don't you????

Jesus stated more about how bad hell and final judgement will be then about any other subject!

He could have saved us all that trouble😞

Via....I really appreciate your open heart and attitude to grow and learn. I do not know if you can receive what I will say to you but I will try to answer your questions.

You see, the complete freedom of man in the garden was restricted only by one command in Genesis 2:17-18......"But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat from it".

Since man was yet in a state of unconfirmed holiness, God being God chose to TEST the moral constitution of His creation by placing him in a perfect place but with only ONE restriction. As God God had created Man, mans was not able to sin. If he had not sinned he would have been confirmed in righteousness and subsequently not have been able to sin.

Instead, man disobeyed God, died spiritually and fell into a state that made him not able "not to sin". The point then is that We are ALL tested !!!!!

Now.....why did God wait so long to reveal Jesus???? The real question is actually why does God wait so long to do anything?????

The real, actual answer is there is really no way to know why God does what He does when He does it.
Real history and Bible truth tells us that there was ..........

1. The Fall of Adam and Eve
  2. Wait 2000 years
  3. The Call of Abraham
  4. Wait 500 years
  5. Giving the Law to Moses at Mt. Sinai
  6. Wait 1500 Years
  7. Ministry of Jesus
  8. Wait 2000+ Years
  9. (in the Future) The Second Coming of Jesus
  10. The New Heavens and New Earth
Rather than that order of events, we often think it would have been nice for the order of events to follow this outline:

2. Wait 20 minutes
  3. The Death and Resurrection of Jesus
  4. Eternal Bliss
Now I do not have any idea on why God has done what He did. May I say however that If Jesus had shown up 20 minutes after Adam and Eve sinned, we never would have understood the depth and breadth of our sinfulness. Nor would we have understood how desperately we need God. It could be argued that one reason Adam and Eve sinned is because they didn’t fully comprehend how horrible it would be to live life disconnected from God.

Due to the long period of time in which we have wallowed in our sin, we now know — do we ever! — how wicked, evil, and brutal people can be.

That being the case we can not grasp how desperately we need a Saviour to do for us what we did not and could not do for ourselves.

Via....I really appreciate your open heart and attitude to grow and learn. I do not know if you can receive what I will say to you but I will try to answer your questions.

You see, the complete freedom of man in the garden was restricted only by one command in Genesis 2:17-18......"But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat from it".

Since man was yet in a state of unconfirmed holiness, God being God chose to TEST the moral constitution of His creation by placing him in a perfect place but with only ONE restriction. As God God had created Man, mans was not able to sin. If he had not sinned he would have been confirmed in righteousness and subsequently not have been able to sin.

Instead, man disobeyed God, died spiritually and fell into a state that made him not able "not to sin". The point then is that We are ALL tested !!!!!

Now.....why did God wait so long to reveal Jesus???? The real question is actually why does God wait so long to do anything?????

The real, actual answer is there is really no way to know why God does what He does when He does it.

2. Wait 2000 years
  3. The Call of Abraham
  4. Wait 500 years
  6. Wait 1500 Years
  7. Ministry of Jesus
  8. Wait 2000+ Years
Rather than that order of events, we often think it would have been nice for the order of events to follow this outline:

2. Wait 20 minutes
  4. Eternal Bliss
Now I do not have any idea on why God has done what He did. May I say however that If Jesus had shown up 20 minutes after Adam and Eve sinned, we never would have understood the depth and breadth of our sinfulness. Nor would we have understood how desperately we need God. It could be argued that one reason Adam and Eve sinned is because they didn’t fully comprehend how horrible it would be to live life disconnected from God.

Due to the long period of time in which we have wallowed in our sin, we now know — do we ever! — how wicked, evil, and brutal people can be.

That being the case we can not grasp how desperately we need a Saviour to do for us what we did not and could not do for ourselves.

Hello Major;

Praise God for an excellent post to help all of us learn more.

God bless you, brother, your family and Merry Christmas.

Well me being a dumb ass didn’t notice Jesus in the garden right there under my nose in the 3rd and 4 th verse of genesis😂

now things are looking bright. 😁(no pun intended)

I have to ask...
Is Jesus in this book(genesis) a literal light, or a figure of speech , or what?

I just love the bible 😊

lol! Via! 😁😄

I love it when others love the Bible!

I
blue lighted your comment and reminded me in Numbers 22:28, there is a donkey who was actually pretty smart.

lol! 😂

2. Wait 2000 years
  3. The Call of Abraham
  4. Wait 500 years
  6. Wait 1500 Years
  7. Ministry of Jesus
  8. Wait 2000+ Years

2. Wait 20 minutes
  4. Eternal Bliss

Mankind will have a paradise with Lord Jesus as King for 1000 years and yet will still choose to rebel, as humans must be our own gods!

Mankind will have a paradise with Lord Jesus as King for 1000 years and yet will still choose to rebel, as humans must be our own gods!

That is correct. Does it remind you of the very same conditions that were in the Garden with Adam and Eve and yet they choose to disobey God as well.

That is correct. Does it remind you of the very same conditions that were in the Garden with Adam and Eve and yet they choose to disobey God as well.
Yes, as it shows to us that the problem is not in the conditions around us, but what lies within all of us!

Back