What are your favorite gifts from the holy spirit.. and which ones do you have :)))

One hopes to be more Godly. I would love to be able to express charity the way He wants me to.

We ALL as believers at our new birth have been given that ability as fruit---not gifts.

Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT)
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

We ALL as believers at our new birth have been given that ability as fruit---not gifts.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

It can be struggle. Sometimes I get angry unjustly, and even when it is just, I don't express Christian charity the way He would want me to. It's what I especially pray for. Patience, mercy, kindness, compassion. And very importantly, being able to express it to my worst enemies.

I am copy pasting a verse Euphemia's post.. Love is also mentioned as fruit of the Spirit.. What does it mean here?

It can be struggle. Sometimes I get angry unjustly, and even when it is just, I don't express Christian charity the way He would want me to. It's what I especially pray for. Patience, mercy, kindness, compassion. And very importantly, being able to express it to my worst enemies.

When we are born again, these fruits are formed within our new nature (we don't have to pray for them), but they need time and experience to develop, just as any fruit in the natural, but rest assured, as a Christian, you have ALL of them in some form of development. Some more, some, less. I know my least developed fruit is the last one: self-discipline.

When we are born again, these fruits are formed within our new nature (we don't have to pray for them), but they need time and experience to develop, just as any fruit in the natural, but rest assured, as a Christian, you have ALL of them in some form of development. Some more, some, less. I know my least developed fruit is the last one: self-discipline.

Temperance tends to get overlooked, but it is very important.

I am copy pasting a verse Euphemia's post.. Love is also mentioned as fruit of the Spirit.. What does it mean here?

I think it means that the Christian has a ready, inexhaustible supply of love available for all people and in all occasions---it is the love of Christ.

One hopes to be more Godly. I would love to be able to express charity the way He wants me to.
2 Cor 5:14
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died.

When the "I" died on the cross and it is no longer "I" that liveth but Christ lives in me, that Christ (love) is now in control of all our thoughts and actions not us.

2 Cor 5:14
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died.

When the "I" died on the cross and it is no longer "I" that liveth but Christ lives in me, that Christ (love) is now in control of all our thoughts and actions not us.

This is why when I say this, I mean the love of God, not my own so-called derivative of it. I'd like to be used as an instrument of His love.

This is why when I say this, I mean the love of God, not my own so-called derivative of it. I'd like to be used as an instrument of His love.

That's exactly what we are already---instruments of God's love to the world. Jesus calls us the salt of the earth and the light of the world. No other people are called this, but His own.

The fruit of the Spirit is what came from the seed of the Word of God that produced it's fruit in us which is not from the person but from the seed. These things is what God is. The seed of life that produces a tree of life in us, in which we are able to partake from. :)

That's exactly what we are already---instruments of God's love to the world. Jesus calls us the salt of the earth and the light of the world. No other people are called this, but His own.

I know, and you're absolutely right...but sometimes we don't do nearly as good a job as we ought to. In other words, we sometimes sin, and slip, and we aren't perfect. We don't live our lives as holy as we'd like to. I want to be a saint. I want to be completely and utterly in love with God more than I already am. And I don't want to be content, even though I sometimes do get that way. Sometimes I fail to put my full trust in Him.

There is no greater joy in knowing the Lord is using and flowing out of us to help others, while we are watching him do his thing. :)

I know, and you're absolutely right...but sometimes we don't do nearly as good a job as we ought to. In other words, we sometimes sin, and slip, and we aren't perfect. We don't live our lives as holy as we'd like to. I want to be a saint. I want to be completely and utterly in love with God more than I already am. And I don't want to be content, even though I sometimes do get that way. Sometimes I fail to put my full trust in Him.

That is an excellent desire that God places in all of us---to come up higher in all things. That is why the fruits need to be developed our time in step with pour spiritual maturity. Babies can't walk, day one!

Be reminded, LS, that we who are born again are already saints, and hopefully we are all on the same road to spiritual maturity, becoming more and more like Jesus, as we are chosen by God to become like His Son.

That is an excellent desire that God places in all of us---to come up higher in all things. That is why the fruits need to be developed our time in step with pour spiritual maturity. Babies can't walk, day one!

Be reminded, LS, that we who are born again are already saints, and hopefully we are all on the same road to spiritual maturity, becoming more and more like Jesus, as we are chosen by God to become like His Son.

Not only are we already saints, but we are already sitting in Heavenly places in Christ. Our citizenship is in Heaven, and it is from there we are waiting for his appearing. Translated into the Kingdom of his dear Son, and enjoying the fellowship of the saints in light. Tag, your it!

Back