What are your favorite gifts from the holy spirit.. and which ones do you have :)))

But are we to take this as final list? Or Paul is simply quoting a few? For example, we don't see music as a spiritual gift..
I would say music would come under the "teaching" ministry as it uses words to teach others about the mercy, grace and wonders of God.

Not only are we already saints, but we are already sitting in Heavenly places in Christ. Our citizenship is in Heaven, and it is from there we are waiting for his appearing. Translated into the Kingdom of his dear Son, and enjoying the fellowship of the saints in light. Tag, your it!

Amen!

Kindness for sure! I always have the most random people coming up to me asking for the most random stuff. I don't know if I have have an innocent look about me or just radiate happiness/kindness or if the Holy Spirit is drawing others in. It's weird, but I like it.

I would say music would come under the "teaching" ministry as it uses words to teach others about the mercy, grace and wonders of God.
I can agree to that.. But music is something that is a talent as well.. because clearly unbelievers also clearly excel in the field of music!

I differentiate between spiritual gift and talent in this way.. Talent is something that God by His mercy, grants people irrespective of their faith.. It is something that is with the person right from his or her birth.. It is not necessary that it would be used for His glory.. Whereas spiritual gift is something entrusted to the person at his or her spiritual birth.. It is always for the glory of God.. It is only for born again people.. Talents are of the flesh.. Spiritual gifts are of spiritual nature..

Thus same music in some cases is a mere talent and in some a spiritual gift..

Kindness for sure! I always have the most random people coming up to me asking for the most random stuff. I don't know if I have have an innocent look about me or just radiate happiness/kindness or if the Holy Spirit is drawing others in. It's weird, but I like it.
You mean the look in this picture? :D

It can also be leadership as God calls people to lead congregations into His presence in worship. I find that to be a very high calling.

Well, by looking at your picture I can see why people really like you. :)
I hate to say this but you look older than you really are.

It is that living water that is constantly flowing out of you. People want to taste what you have.

These are my favorites.......
Prophecy - a word from God to the person or people being addressed.

Healing - a supernatural ability to heal the sick.

Miracles - a supernatural ability to work miracles.

Faith - a supernatural level of faith that transcends anything man could reach by himself.

Discernment of Spirits - the supernatural ability to see or otherwise discern the presence of angels or demons. ( this one is my favorite, but I know im not made for discerning lol esp..on that level, seeing anything from the norm would freak me out lol)

and gift of mercy (my best friend has this gift)

Eeeerrrr and i the gifts that were given to me are ..... prophecy, missionary, intercession... and thats it lol... what about you?? :))

The gift we are to want according to the Bible is to teach the Word of God.

The gift we are to want according to the Bible is to teach the Word of God.

Indeed. Though, and I don't mean this to contradict you because I agree, there are different ways of how one could teach the Word of God.

There's a famous quote from St. Francis that goes "Preach the Gospel always. If necessary, use words."

These are my favorites.......
Prophecy - a word from God to the person or people being addressed.

Healing - a supernatural ability to heal the sick.

Miracles - a supernatural ability to work miracles.

Faith - a supernatural level of faith that transcends anything man could reach by himself.

Discernment of Spirits - the supernatural ability to see or otherwise discern the presence of angels or demons. ( this one is my favorite, but I know im not made for discerning lol esp..on that level, seeing anything from the norm would freak me out lol)

and gift of mercy (my best friend has this gift)

Eeeerrrr and i the gifts that were given to me are ..... prophecy, missionary, intercession... and thats it lol... what about you?? :))

Hello, great question. I'd have to go with the Apostle Paul on God's encouragement to prophecy it's such a powerful and building up gift. I think it's spectacular when a Christian shares with another, information they couldn't possibly have known and to see their face and their reaction when it hits them, this wasn't from this person!

From a Pastor's point of view, I've had the honour of being a bit of a multi-tool in that I tend to operate in them all from time to time, I have to however in the assembly, the encouragement is always for the Christians both young and old to their to exercise their gifts in love one towards the other. It's part of what we're meant to do and as the overseer it's a great responsibility to ensure the spirit is not quenched. Great seeing folk operate in their gifts though especially the younger, it's such a fulfilling aspect of being a Christian when you allow God to use you for his glory. God bless.....

I have had people ask me, "how many cups of coffee do I drink a day?", or, "what kind of drugs are you on?" their thinking was it was coffee or drugs that has made how I am. I even had a lady at work ask me, "can I ask you a personal question?" I said sure, she said, "why are you so happy all the time?" I said, "because I am born again, and filled with Spirit, of God", as soon as I said that tears began to stream down her face, I mean lots of tears. I was so embarrassed for this lady, being in a public place with her crying in front of me. She told me while crying many years ago she gave her heart to the Lord, and had fallen away. I could see the Lord simply relit her candle. Her flame had gone out a long time ago and it was time for her to come back to her first love. I was reminded of these two scriptures.

Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Psa 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

I did not do anything other than have my heart set on things above where Christ sits on the right hand God, which causes us to be in his presence were his light water flow out to others whom we come across.

My gift is the one listed in the KJV as "helps." I don't know a single other persons who sees this as their gift, but I love it. It is a gift I have had to learn to use sparingly.

We should desire all the gifts of the Spirit. As a Christian we can expect the Holy Spirit to give them to us as the situation requires them. Sometimes we will know when they are given to us and sometimes not. One thing is for sure is the person who is the on receiving end for why it was given to you will know it was from God.
I worked one time with a guy who had the worse mouth I have ever heard. Every other word he spoke was a curse word. I Spirit spoke to me and said, "this guy use to be a preacher" I thought to myself, now way, no one talks like this except the most ungodly. Come to find out while eating lunch together he told me he use to be a preacher, I said you don't say! Somehow he had very very bad experience which caused him to fall away. That was my opening to minister to him and for his return to the Lord.
These are the kinds of things the Holy Spirit gives us so we can pray with knowledge and understanding for those who are lost and those who have turned aside and need a little nudge back to that narrow path.

My gift is the one listed in the KJV as "helps." I don't know a single other persons who sees this as their gift, but I love it. It is a gift I have had to learn to use sparingly.

That is a bona fide spiritual gift. My husband has that one. I don't think God calls us to us our gifts sparingly, though! Just always be ready and available for Him---that's what we must do! :)

That is a bona fide spiritual gift. My husband has that one. I don't think God calls us to us our gifts sparingly, though! Just always be ready and available for Him---that's what we must do! :)
There are two of us?? Yea!

What I intended by using my gift "sparingly" is this:
There are times when someone is not ready for help; to help that one is to be intrusive.
There are those who adamantly to not want help; I don't, then, try to help.
There are those who are codependent: help has to be given very carefully so that their codependency is not encouraged.
Then there are those who can receive help.

There are two of us?? Yea!

What I intended by using my gift "sparingly" is this:
There are times when someone is not ready for help; to help that one is to be intrusive.
There are those who adamantly to not want help; I don't, then, try to help.
There are those who are codependent: help has to be given very carefully so that their codependency is not encouraged.
Then there are those who can receive help.

I get it, now! That's wisdom!

Back