What bible translation do you read and why?

Agreed, I did look through the message once and didn't see myself reading it. The main reason I read is I am looking for God in it. I mean learning who He is, what pleases Him and how He created this life to work. I think all of this here is our introductory into eternity for the believer. I say believer, because many christians do not read the word.
Yes, the Bible is like a window into the next world. Some windows are dirtier than others.

i use kjv because i cut my teeth on that version. in most Churches in the rea they are KJV only.. many think it is the God ordained version . i do like the HSCB real well. many use the argument that outside kjv is watered down. i dont get excited over HOLY SPIRIT vs Holy ghost. i been told the NIV leaves things out. i am not a NIV fan while i do use other version in study. i have also found other versions more plain nad upfront in words ,that makes it very clear it is sin

i use kjv because i cut my teeth on that version. in most Churches in the rea they are KJV only.. many think it is the God ordained version . i do like the HSCB real well. many use the argument that outside kjv is watered down. i dont get excited over HOLY SPIRIT vs Holy ghost. i been told the NIV leaves things out. i am not a NIV fan while i do use other version in study. i have also found other versions more plain nad upfront in words ,that makes it very clear it is sin
Forgiven, just out of curiosity, where is the 'rea' ?

I have seen CSB but have not read it. I think the Hcsb made some minor corrections. So I see the CSB reference sometime when I look up scripture and seems pretty much the same to the HSCB. I was ready for a change at the time and queried what bible other then the ones I read was true to the text and found this one.

I don't know how many missionaries use this forum, but what I found interesting especially in 3rd world countries or anti-christian countries that God still manages to teach the believer His precepts even if they have little or no access to the word. My wife was a good example she put here faith in Jesus when she was very young with little access to the written word. She would hear it preached here and there, but God manage help her and keep her close to him choosing the right things. Her main communication during that time period and still is today prayer and worship. She is always singing and worshiping God around the house.

Of course now she reads and has access through the internet to the word. and I find it a joy tto share the scriptures and truths from them together. The proliferation of the word and the many translations rather it was for greed or service will surely be evidence against us in that day. Most of us won't be able to say we didn't know.

Hello Shepherd Boy;

Praise God that He made a way for your wife to hear the Good News at a young age, and today singing, worshiping and no doubt sharing the Word with others.

We have missionaries that are members here at Christian Forum Site (CFS), and one in particular that has been a member for 10 years. They just shared the good work of what God has done in 2020 and 2021. The Good News is being preached to the poor and many are getting converting.

Hello Shepherd Boy;

Praise God that He made a way for your wife to hear the Good News at a young age, and today singing, worshiping and no doubt sharing the Word with others.

We have missionaries that are members here at Christian Forum Site (CFS), and one in particular that has been a member for 10 years. They just shared the good work of what God has done in 2020 and 2021. The Good News is being preached to the poor and many are getting converting.
I have to share this short testimony to your comment. My wife helps people as a personal assistant. It is her own business which is mostly the elderly wanting to stay home longer. This last job which she took a year ago for a wealthy family that the husband hired her to help exercise the wife so they could go to their florida home this winter. Well, my wife knew it wasn't going to go that way right away, and it didn't it went from her walking to total bed ridden care ending in her nursing home stay because the 85 year old husband was mentally and physically exhaust and my wife was also exhausted as the hours grew very long each day taking care really the the both of them. And no one to help because these type of workers are hard to find during covid and these people were willing to pay, but couldn't find help. They had a son a couple hours away, but because of his demanding job could only come up the weekends to help.

These folks were in denial about were there lives were heading. They were unsaved, husband 85 and wife 80. The wife was very wicked (maybe how they got a lot of their money). My wife would share with the wife & husband the gospel while she worked, singing worship songs as my wife's days grew longer at their house. She became family to them. She was the only one they would see each day when she came. I wish I could take the time to say more.

The woman (wife) was put into a nursing home mid January because physically no more could be done with extra care because my wife was primarily as I mentioned taking care of two people now because of the husband exhaustion and depression concerning this moment and my wife growing exhausted because of the inability to find more help because at first the husband was the other helper, but couldn't anymore. The woman had been in the nursing home for two months until my wife received a call earlier this week that wife has been admitted to the hospital unresponsive and food/water has been stopped.

The woman is on her death bed in the hospital completely unresponsive now, but she moves to response of my wife voice over her family who have been gathered around her these many days. My wife whom is actually a nurse knows the signs of death. My wife also not knowing for sure if the woman accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior still at this late hour goes to visit with the very estranged family surrounding her. My wife sings to the woman songs about Jesus and speaking to her about accepting Him not knowing if she has or hasn't even at this late hour. My wife always says, "the hearing is the last thing that goes." This family just sits or stands in the room surrounding her and hearing the gospel message and she senses them just staring at her. I was not with her, but she said she sense the presence of the Lord strongly in the room last night. I am sure He was was with each of these family members hearing the gospel message at this time when thoughts and hearts are contemplating eternity.

Some have this gift, some have that gift, maybe some feel they have none at all, but in all we do we do it out of our love for Jesus.

Kjvo is like a Cult, as they say that modern versions take away words from the Bible, but it is more that the best Greek texts do not have some of those passages!

region----> where i live most churches use kjv in the association i belong to . we recommend kjv literature only. i am not a kjv only man. even though i preach from kjv i am not going to go and buy a new one for a different version . how ever if i was to switch it would be csb / hscb . in fact i have that version and the commentary on my p.c
Csb would be the only more dynamic translation I would recommend to use, as prefer formals ones myself!

I have to share this short testimony to your comment. My wife helps people as a personal assistant. It is her own business which is mostly the elderly wanting to stay home longer. This last job which she took a year ago for a wealthy family that the husband hired her to help exercise the wife so they could go to their florida home this winter. Well, my wife knew it wasn't going to go that way right away, and it didn't it went from her walking to total bed ridden care ending in her nursing home stay because the 85 year old husband was mentally and physically exhaust and my wife was also exhausted as the hours grew very long each day taking care really the the both of them. And no one to help because these type of workers are hard to find during covid and these people were willing to pay, but couldn't find help. They had a son a couple hours away, but because of his demanding job could only come up the weekends to help.

These folks were in denial about were there lives were heading. They were unsaved, husband 85 and wife 80. The wife was very wicked (maybe how they got a lot of their money). My wife would share with the wife & husband the gospel while she worked, singing worship songs as my wife's days grew longer at their house. She became family to them. She was the only one they would see each day when she came. I wish I could take the time to say more.

The woman (wife) was put into a nursing home mid January because physically no more could be done with extra care because my wife was primarily as I mentioned taking care of two people now because of the husband exhaustion and depression concerning this moment and my wife growing exhausted because of the inability to find more help because at first the husband was the other helper, but couldn't anymore. The woman had been in the nursing home for two months until my wife received a call earlier this week that wife has been admitted to the hospital unresponsive and food/water has been stopped.

The woman is on her death bed in the hospital completely unresponsive now, but she moves to response of my wife voice over her family who have been gathered around her these many days. My wife whom is actually a nurse knows the signs of death. My wife also not knowing for sure if the woman accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior still at this late hour goes to visit with the very estranged family surrounding her. My wife sings to the woman songs about Jesus and speaking to her about accepting Him not knowing if she has or hasn't even at this late hour. My wife always says, "the hearing is the last thing that goes." This family just sits or stands in the room surrounding her and hearing the gospel message and she senses them just staring at her. I was not with her, but she said she sense the presence of the Lord strongly in the room last night. I am sure He was was with each of these family members hearing the gospel message at this time when thoughts and hearts are contemplating eternity.

Some have this gift, some have that gift, maybe some feel they have none at all, but in all we do we do it out of our love for Jesus.

Good morning, Shepherd Boy;

You shared a very nice testimony and one that reminds me of how the Lord uses us in all kinds of circumstances. You know what, SB? Whether your wife knew the woman was receiving Jesus or not, her strong sense of the Lord could have been the indication.

God bless you, folks, and thank you.

Kjvo is like a Cult, as they say that modern versions take away words from the Bible, but it is more that the best Greek texts do not have some of those passages!
I don't know why some say KJVo? I think it is the Spirit that opens an individual's understanding of the scriptures no matter what they choose. Doesn't it seem like that scriptures after awhile become like an image of a person. Like who God is. So it then becomes more than just having the perfect version, a good version yes, but the most important is reading it and see the Lord through it and the dynamics of the relationship He desire to live with us. Goddo observation though

I am always curious what bible translations christians read being there are so many to choose. I guess why did you choose the one that you like to read? Do you think there is a best one over another read?
I attached a video I made partly from an observation I made by the style of communication my uses when she is talking to others at times. My wife speaks 7 languages and from that it gave me some additional insight about bible translations i thought I would share that you might find interesting also..

For study I use the New King James Version because of the accuracy of its translation and its textual base, but for reading, I use the God’s Word translation for its accuracy and ease of reading. Occasionally, during study I consult the German Martin Luther translation.

I use the KJ as the foundation along with the Strong’s ’lexcicon and a etymolgy dictionary. .

I heard once those who worked to bring the KJ’s were a mixture of Democrats and Republicans trying to come together. Apposing and opposing.

When I was 16 I was given a NIV84 Bible and NIV84 cassette tapes, and I've read / listened to that translation for 30 yrs since. I don't like the newer versions of the NIV. I also read the KJV and a Hebrew/Greek Interlinear where each word has the translation underneath.

I convert the words as I read it, but also recognize there are distinctions that we sometimes miss in words like thee, thou, ye and you.

cp
I taught English for several years at a Christian university, one of the things I always tried to instill in students was an appreciation for King James English. One of the unfortunate aspects of the evolution of English toward simplicity has been a certain loss of accuracy in communication. We no longer readily recognize important pronoun case and plurality distinctions in the first and second persons. Also, by not using shall and will as much, we lose the ability to recognize important emphasis distinctions. Shall is ordinarily used in first person while will is used in second and third person. However, when those uses are reversed, a very strong emphasis is indicated. Such distinctions can sometimes be seen when God makes emphatic promises.
When I was 16 I was given a NIV84 Bible and NIV84 cassette tapes, and I've read / listened to that translation for 30 yrs since. I don't like the newer versions of the NIV. I also read the KJV and a Hebrew/Greek Interlinear where each word has the translation underneath.

Back