What Defines God's Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I haven't been saying what I am trying to say right. Yes! What comes from God will be 100% the same every single place, be it a written letter or an actual book, to a clay tablet in the middle of southern Iraq, always the same because God in His nature cannot contradict. So, knowing that, why aren't the seven books we know of and been found among each other at Dead Sea, Israel, in the Bible? THEY ARE GOD'S WORD. Enoch himself has an entire book that is dedicated to us and he saw Jesus in heaven in the 2nd century B.C! Now we go back to that commity of Roman Catholics in 1348 who put together the 66 book Cannon we have now, and they discluded other books. MEN DISCLUDED. Not God, and no, I don't believe that God appeared to them or spoke to them and told them to leave out more of His word. I just don't. My reasoning is very simple, A) The word of God is God B) God's nature is set and described in the 66 Book Cannon C) the God of the Jews is the same God of the Christians, therefore, His word cannot contradict itself D) Knowing this: we have seven books found in 1948 in Dead Sea, Isreal, an 8th being a forged copy of the N.T. E) All seven books were written in the time long before the Hebrews came about, meaning, God spoke to the ancestors of Eber and they faithfully wrote what God told them to F) One book in particular was in the Ethiopian Cannon Bible and brought back to the U.K. in 1773 G) In conclusion: any book THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY TEXTUAL CRTICISM AND SCHOLARLY REVIEW TO BE INSPIRED should therefore be taken seriously.
I don't care if it is in our 66 book current cannon or not, it seriously needs to be taken together because together, it perfectly paints the redemption

The Book of Enoch is not included in the canon because it is not God-inspired, the author is unknown, and it contains false doctrine. Simple.

Which I am doing, at least, trying to because I am a sinner and will sin, however, God gave me a mind to think and research, and in my research to solidify my faith in Christ Jesus He has led me to many scholars and books, and documentaries that outline the amazing extra-biblical books that 100% confirm the prophetic, scientific, and historical accuracy of the Bible. As the Bible says, "The Lord is faithful to preserve His word through the ages" why is it so difficult to study and show yourself approved for the inevitable attacks that will come from those under the devils direction to destroy your foundation in the Word of God?
It is not, and as Timothy the Doubter said, "Study and show yourself approved" and I am and the information God is revealing to my mind is something that I cannot keep from sharing to my Bros and Sis' in Christ.

We are commanded to study the word of God, and not other writings that can confuse, deceive and distract us from God's perfect word.

Which I am doing, at least, trying to because I am a sinner and will sin, however, God gave me a mind to think and research, and in my research to solidify my faith in Christ Jesus He has led me to many scholars and books, and documentaries that outline the amazing extra-biblical books that 100% confirm the prophetic, scientific, and historical accuracy of the Bible. As the Bible says, "The Lord is faithful to preserve His word through the ages" why is it so difficult to study and show yourself approved for the inevitable attacks that will come from those under the devils direction to destroy your foundation in the Word of God?
It is not, and as Timothy the Doubter said, "Study and show yourself approved" and I am and the information God is revealing to my mind is something that I cannot keep from sharing to my Bros and Sis' in Christ.
A couple of things I want to point out
Thomas was the doubter not timothy
Now then are you born again ? If so you can Not be a sinner. You are either a sinner or you are saved and born a new. There is not such thing (except in religious phrases) I am just an old sinner saved by grace. Nope you are either one or the other.

That is study His written word..........I learned a long time ago that looking for out side sources to prove what is true in Gods word is simply Questioning Gods word. No sir that is not ever a good thing. We are believers and we need to believe His word with out questioning if it is ture or not.
God Bless
Jim

True, but a man still made the decision which books were declared inspired and which were not. How many babies were thrown out with the bath water? Only the Spirit can tell. Can an American Indian from 1310 be a Christian long before the what man arrived on their shores? Yes, for even the stars proclaim the very life of Jesus and is confirmed in our hearts what is written there.
Absolutely! The same way men wrote down the God inspired Word, they put together the Canon. Again, inspired by God. Ultimately, it is God's Word put into Holy Bible by God. Men was part of God's plan of putting together the Bible. That is way I look at it. Because it was God who put together the Holy Bible, I believe no babies were thrown out with the water :) I fully trust that God is able to preserve the "complete" message and pass it out to generations. I don't think He would allow men to remove anything that He intended for mankind to know about

So I have had man a' conversation about this issue before. People have told me that God's word is just that, God's word. And they are right. God's word is inspired by God and written by His servants. Nobody can debate this when you see the historical, scientific, archeological, and prophetic writings of the Bible. However, my beef is with those who continue to preach that if it is not in the Bible, therefore, if could not be God's word. Wrong.
We have many books that were written by God's servants but have, for some bizarre reason, been taken out of the Bible. There is the Book of Enoch Version One, the Book of Giants, the Book of Noah, the Book of Solomon, the Genesis Apcochrophon, the Book of Jasper, and the Book of Jubilees. All these books pertain to the coming of Jesus Christ, the whole reason for the flood, the human-angel hybrid and animal-angel hybrid life forms, and more teachings of Solomon. All of these books sync up with the Bible, as proven by scholars, which makes sense since they are all written by God's will.
So why on earth are they not included in our Bible? One might say because they truly aren't God's word, but I contend that man intentionally took them out. After all, the Ethiopian Bible has hald of these books in their Bible, are you telling me that the Ethiopians have it wrong? Nope. The Western Church has it wrong. As I said when I first joined that I believed that man had decayed our Church and by dis-including these books, you are telling all who truly search for Christ that we don't even believe wholly in what is God's word. The scriptures tell us that God is faithful to preserve His word and the oldest book that scholars believe has ever been written is the 1st Version of the Book of Enoch, in the 2nd Century B.C!!
Wouldn't you think that God would be quick to preserve this book considering that the flood wiped out all living things after this book was written? So, be very careful to not disclose these books as the Bible says, "In the mouth of two or three witnesses establish truth" Well, there are seven other witnesses that scream the truth listed here. You might want to reconsider how mentally far-out theses sound and realize we are living with blinders on our eyes and there are many other dimensions existing we cannot tap into yet.

Blessings to you my brother and I am sure you mean well but you really need to do a little more home work on this issue.

The books you mentioned contain fabulous statements, and statements which contradict not only the canonical Scriptures, but themselves as well; as when, in the two Books of Maccabees, Antiochus Epiphanes is made to die three different deaths in as many different places.

The Apocrypha inculcates doctrines which are at variance with the Bible, such as prayers for the dead and sinless perfection.
The apocrypha contains offensive materials unbecoming of God's authorship. They teaches. immoral practices, such as lying, suicide, assassination and magical incantations.

You pose an interesting question, one that I had with a friend not along ago... did God sit by helplessly with his head in his hands begging us to 'please add that book, please include it guys, please, really I want that one, awww cmon guys, please, it won't work if you leave it out....oh okay, I understand you're masters of the law not me' or is there a reason the 5 Books of Moses now includes the NT and not the Koran, when the Muslims believe in Jesus and Jesus is fundamental to their faith as well, and the Koran expands and clarifies on the first two books and says Jews and Christians got it all wrong and they've been given the spirit to fix up our mess? The Koran is not there for a reason too.
That said when I saw Jesus he told me read revelation chapter two and the New Testament, not philosophers, or saints, or martyrs, or church doctrines, or too seek out anything other than the book. I'll take his word for it that he knew what he was doing.

Show me, exactly where they do not agree, and I can point you to good commentary off of YouTube by a man named Rob Skiba, if you would like.

My dear brother. Not one of the apocryphal books is written in the Hebrew language, which was alone used by the inspired historians and poets of the Old Testament. All Apocryphal books are in Greek, except one which is extant only in Latin.

I will accept your challenge to be shown exactly why these books are not in the Scriptures and give you several examples:

1). Only the book of Maccabees forms the basis for the doctrine of purgatory in the Catholic faith.

2 Maccabees 12:43-45, .........
"2.000 pieces of silver were sent to Jerusalem for a sin-offering...Whereupon he made reconciliation for the dead, that they might be delivered from sin."

2). These books say that Salvation is by works.

Ecclesiasticus 3:30.........
"Water will quench a flaming fire, and alms maketh atonement for sin. "
Tobit 12:8-9, 17...............
" It is better to give alms than to lay up gold; for alms doth deliver from death, and shall purge away all sin."

3). They declare Magic to be acceptable:.

Tobit 6:5-8......
" If the Devil, or an evil spirit troubles anyone, they can be driven away by making a smoke of the heart, liver, and gall of a fish...and the Devil will smell it, and flee away, and never come again anymore."

4). They teach that Mary was born sinless.

Wisdom 8:19-20............
" And I was a witty child and had received a good soul. And whereas I was more good, I came to a body undefiled."

5). The book Enoch teaches heresy.

Book of Enoch 40:9...............
"Having seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days. "

My dear brother, the Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. That is total blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel...
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

I can give you more if you so need but that should be enough to answer your challenge to be shown.

You pose an interesting question, one that I had with a friend not along ago... did God sit by helplessly with his head in his hands begging us to 'please add that book, please include it guys, please, really I want that one, awww cmon guys, please, it won't work if you leave it out....oh okay, I understand you're masters of the law not me' or is there a reason the 5 Books of Moses now includes the NT and not the Koran, when the Muslims believe in Jesus and Jesus is fundamental to their faith as well, and the Koran expands and clarifies on the first two books and says Jews and Christians got it all wrong and they've been given the spirit to fix up our mess? The Koran is not there for a reason too.
That said when I saw Jesus he told me read revelation chapter two and the New Testament, not philosophers, or saints, or martyrs, or church doctrines, or too seek out anything other than the book. I'll take his word for it that he knew what he was doing.

God love ya brother..........."but you saw Jesus Christ????"

Do you know how many Bible verses you will need to remove from your Bible in order to make that acceptable????

Now then are you born again ? If so you can Not be a sinner. You are either a sinner or you are saved and born a new. There is not such thing (except in religious phrases) I am just an old sinner saved by grace. Nope you are either one or the other.

That is study His written word..........I learned a long time ago that looking for out side sources to prove what is true in Gods word is simply Questioning Gods word. No sir that is not ever a good thing. We are believers and we need to believe His word with out questioning if it is ture or not.
God Bless
Jim

1 Timothy 1:15-16...........
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners— of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life."

Paul used the present tense when calling himself a sinner........I am!..Surely that means that all the rest of us are sinners as well.

We are regenerated in our human spirit, given a new nature, but the old nature has not been removed.

What does the Bible say about sin and what is the biblical definition?

The Bible says in 1 John 3:4 that...........
“Sin is the transgression of the law”.

So any command by God that is not obeyed perfectly would be defined as sin. The apostle John makes it clear in 1 Jn.5:17....
All unrighteousness is sin”.

So one would have to be perfectly righteous to not sin any longer. Paul also states in Romans 14:23 that...........
for whatsoever is not of faith is sin”.

That my friends would have to include everything we do.

And James makes a general statement about ones conscience and omission in James 4:17.
Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin".

With these basic guidelines (and there are more) we can understand what the Bible defines as sin and how we are to act to not be considered participating in sin.

It is only after we have a new nature that we can even do good! And it comes from our new nature not the old. As Paul makes clear in Romans 7:18...........
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing”.

Everyone has Sin, believers and non-believers alike. The Bible states: “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” in Romans 3:23. We have a fallen nature and for this reason we need to be born again or have a spiritual birth. Adam introduced sin. It resulted in both spiritual and physical death for him, spiritual first. Only Adam became a sinner by sinning. We die physically because of Adam’s sin passed on to all succeeding generations spiritually, genetically. We are all born with a built-in death warrant, which is our sin nature, because we have inherited this sin nature from Adam. We are born already spiritually dead.

There are now two definitions of people: unbelievers (sinners) and believers (saints). God’s children are now called “saints,” and He calls the unredeemed “sinners”.

Rom. 1:7..........
‘To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints.”

Rom. 5:8...........
“while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. "

Sinners are those who practice sin, this terminology is used to identify the ungodly, who live an ungodly life. Yet believers still sin, and it is because we still have a sinful nature. Many say we are no longer sinners and we are now saints, this becomes a problem of semantics. In the practical sense we are not sinners, but are still sinful. We have a positional change as well as a nature change. Sin is a nature that is in all mankind, NO man on earth does not have this fallen nature. They have been born with it and when we are born again we do not lose it, it is put aside as the ruling power over us.

God love ya brother..........."but you saw Jesus Christ????"

Do you know how many Bible verses you will need to remove from your Bible in order to make that acceptable????
Yes I did. No, I don't know or care. No one can tell what God can or can not do. I saw Jesus standing in front of me as real as you and me, just like a solid man with a 10% transparency, he had a gold crown of thorns and a halo around his entire body, wore white, and his palms were facing me so I could see them, and they didn't have any marks on them, I've had a mark on my left foot now for about 15years (there about) since I saw him. It's not an exaggerated bleeding painful sore, it's a circle of broken blood capillaries. He told me to say that I'm a Jew and I've seen Jesus Christ and to also say, and tell the bad people that I'm a Jew and I've been taken by Jesus Christ and to read revelation chapter two and the New Testament amongst other things. I'm not inferring anyone is a bad person, just relating what I was told.

God Bless
Jim
Yes I am born
Ya know...............God gave me His word in a book called the Holy Bible. He said learn it and do it and keep it in front of my face at all times. Shall I question Him to why He did not include all the other writings ? Ah No - It is simply my job to believe and obey.
God Bless
jim
View attachment 1970
He did include the other writings, that were so accurate the Prophets Jeremiah and Jude quoted, verbatim from 1 Enoch.

The Book of Enoch is not included in the canon because it is not God-inspired, the author is unknown, and it contains false doctrine. Simple.
Have you even read 1 Enoch?
I have.
So have the authors of Genesis, Jeremiah, Jude, and oh yeah, the New testament too.
Also, Enoch was the first ever human being to be raptured, taken up to heaven, so, although you may not trust the book because men did not put it into the English cannon (it is in the Latin, Othrodox, and Ethypoian ones) then that is your problem, but please read it before saying that.

I am not trying to destroy any belief in Christianity. I am a born-again sinner, who WILL sin, because SIN IS apart of my nature, as EVERY ONE OF YOU. We are human and have to live with the sinful nature. It is pompous to think we will not sin ever again after becoming born-again, but we must be faithful to confess our sins to Him in prayer. Do not think that I am somehow deceived, because I regard all writings in the Bible to be scared text, and I do also look at these extra biblical texts because they too are inspired by God, as quoted by MULTIPLE authors in the Bible.

I guess I haven't been saying what I am trying to say right. Yes! What comes from God will be 100% the same every single place, be it a written letter or an actual book, to a clay tablet in the middle of southern Iraq, always the same because God in His nature cannot contradict. So, knowing that, why aren't the seven books we know of and been found among each other at Dead Sea, Israel, in the Bible? THEY ARE GOD'S WORD. Enoch himself has an entire book that is dedicated to us and he saw Jesus in heaven in the 2nd century B.C! Now we go back to that commity of Roman Catholics in 1348 who put together the 66 book Cannon we have now, and they discluded other books. MEN DISCLUDED. Not God, and no, I don't believe that God appeared to them or spoke to them and told them to leave out more of His word. I just don't. My reasoning is very simple, A) The word of God is God B) God's nature is set and described in the 66 Book Cannon C) the God of the Jews is the same God of the Christians, therefore, His word cannot contradict itself D) Knowing this: we have seven books found in 1948 in Dead Sea, Isreal, an 8th being a forged copy of the N.T. E) All seven books were written in the time long before the Hebrews came about, meaning, God spoke to the ancestors of Eber and they faithfully wrote what God told them to F) One book in particular was in the Ethiopian Cannon Bible and brought back to the U.K. in 1773 G) In conclusion: any book THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY TEXTUAL CRTICISM AND SCHOLARLY REVIEW TO BE INSPIRED should therefore be taken seriously.
I don't care if it is in our 66 book current cannon or not, it seriously needs to be taken together because together, it perfectly paints the redemption
I'm agreeing with you but remember one thing...A century is only 100 years...You intend to mean 2000bc...Not 200bc, right? :)

Have you even read 1 Enoch?
I have.
So have the authors of Genesis, Jeremiah, Jude, and oh yeah, the New testament too.
Also, Enoch was the first ever human being to be raptured, taken up to heaven, so, although you may not trust the book because men did not put it into the English cannon (it is in the Latin, Othrodox, and Ethypoian ones) then that is your problem, but please read it before saying that.

I do not have a problem, Anthony.

I have no need to read anything other than what God speaks to us in His word. Wisdom tells us that we do not need to seek for more than the truth we have already been given, lest we become deceived and deluded.

Enoch is rife with heresy and the writer is unknown.

Last edited:
I am not trying to destroy any belief in Christianity. I am a born-again sinner, who WILL sin, because SIN IS apart of my nature, as EVERY ONE OF YOU. We are human and have to live with the sinful nature. It is pompous to think we will not sin ever again after becoming born-again, but we must be faithful to confess our sins to Him in prayer. Do not think that I am somehow deceived, because I regard all writings in the Bible to be scared text, and I do also look at these extra biblical texts because they too are inspired by God, as quoted by MULTIPLE authors in the Bible.

What is your proof that extra-biblical texts are inspired by God? What you claim to be quotes may not be. That there is false doctrine included in these extra-biblical texts is enough for me to toss them out.

Absolutely! The same way men wrote down the God inspired Word, they put together the Canon. Again, inspired by God. Ultimately, it is God's Word put into Holy Bible by God. Men was part of God's plan of putting together the Bible. That is way I look at it. Because it was God who put together the Holy Bible, I believe no babies were thrown out with the water :) I fully trust that God is able to preserve the "complete" message and pass it out to generations. I don't think He would allow men to remove anything that He intended for mankind to know about
I agree, which is why we have the book of Jasher and the first part of Enoch. Those that study know that the book of Enoch is made up of four parts but only the first one is the original. The others are by different authors and the first one is more of one taking notes of what was said than by Enoch himself, there's no way to know with the current information. The spirit will guide us to the truth, and we only have tradition to base that the 66 books are indeed all there is. In fact the oldest written copies, the Dead Sea scrolls have Ezekiel, Jeremiah and Daniel prophecies not part of our 66 books...what are we to do with them? What about the psalms of David and Joshua that are not in our version but are found in the Dead Sea scrolls? They were not around to be judged on when the cannon was made... All I'm agreeing to is that what we have is not all there was, even John says that much. After all the Essences were a strict Torah observant, messianic, apocalyptic, Baptist, wilderness, new covenant Jewish sect.

Yes I did. No, I don't know or care. No one can tell what God can or can not do. I saw Jesus standing in front of me as real as you and me, just like a solid man with a 10% transparency, he had a gold crown of thorns and a halo around his entire body, wore white, and his palms were facing me so I could see them, and they didn't have any marks on them, I've had a mark on my left foot now for about 15years (there about) since I saw him. It's not an exaggerated bleeding painful sore, it's a circle of broken blood capillaries. He told me to say that I'm a Jew and I've seen Jesus Christ and to also say, and tell the bad people that I'm a Jew and I've been taken by Jesus Christ and to read revelation chapter two and the New Testament amongst other things. I'm not inferring anyone is a bad person, just relating what I was told.

I have no desire to be confrontational with you. I do not know you at all. All I am saying to you is that the Word of God does not allow any person to see God at any time.

Exodus 33:20..........
"But, he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”

John 5:37 ................
“And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form".

John 1:18 .............
"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

As for "no marks on the person" That alone should have convinced you that it was not Jesus Christ my friend.

John 20:20-29.............
"When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”
Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, Greek Didymus' was not with them when Jesus came. “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.” Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”“My Lord and my God!” blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

The Scriptures are clear and say that no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. God's omnipotence does not mean He can do all things. For example, He can do all things that are in keeping with His character. He cannot lie, He cannot sin, He cannot deny Himself, He cannot override one characteristic with another, He cannot diminish His holiness nor decrease His righteousness, He cannot create a being greater then Himself, and so on.

That means He can not be seen by one person as you described and not by others. That would nean God is a liar and as I just said, God cannot lie.

Acts 10:34......
"So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality".

But if you saw Jesus in all His glory then He would be showing you favoritism!!!

I am sure you saw something and your mind convinced you what you wanted to see but I can promise you on the authority of God's Word that you could not have seen the Lord Jesus Christ in all of His majesty and live.

God bless you and I pray that you will contemplate these Bible truths.

Jesus is actually quite busy revealing Himself visibly to many people these days, especially to the Jews and Muslims, where the message of the gospel is prohibited and despised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back