What did God say we are to do again when we are feeling weary?

Someone will zero in on the exact Gospel verse but it is something like "come all you are weary and take rest in me".
It is certainly ok to be weary. We are human after all. May I ask is life weighing you down? Is there a particular burden that is the cause? You might like to elaborate your issue and Im sure there will be help on hand right here.

I am currently in a job that i feel is draining me. It is an extremely toxic environment. It is so emotionally draining sometimes that it makes you physically ill. I also feel strongly that I am not fulfilling my purpose. But like many others, I need the money. I have been trying get myself out of the situation but nothing seems to be working. So I just feel very stuck. I know God will work it out. He usually does. But I am tired.

The last thing I want however is for God to think I am ungrateful, I am not at all. Everyday it just tugs at me, I know I am definitely not living my purpose. I know I have to go through it to get through it. But I am getting a little tired. Just a tad bit tired :)

I just need a reminder.
Also, is it okay to feel weary?

Matt. 11:28-30...………...
"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Jesus never said that He would fix all our problems for us. But the Scruptures tell us that He will hold our hand as we walk through the shadow of the valley of death and despair.

Feel better my friend!

Matt. 11:28-30...………...
"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Jesus never said that He would fix all our problems for us. But the Scruptures tell us that He will hold our hand as we walk through the shadow of the valley of death and despair.

Feel better my friend!
Thank you! Yes, It is nice that he walks with us, nice to have some company in that valley:)

I am currently in a job that i feel is draining me. It is an extremely toxic environment. It is so emotionally draining sometimes that it makes you physically ill. I also feel strongly that I am not fulfilling my purpose. But like many others, I need the money. I have been trying get myself out of the situation but nothing seems to be working. So I just feel very stuck. I know God will work it out. He usually does. But I am tired.

The last thing I want however is for God to think I am ungrateful, I am not at all. Everyday it just tugs at me, I know I am definitely not living my purpose. I know I have to go through it to get through it. But I am getting a little tired. Just a tad bit tired :)

I have a question...
Are you in debt? Thats the hardest thing...when people say they need the money, its usually not because they actually need the money for themselves, its usually to pay someone else off. So, I would suggest asking God forgiveness of whatver debt this is.
God can provide everything else but debts incurred seem to be people getting themselves in a situation where they are indebted to someone or something. But you see Jesus blood paid for our debts and offers forgiveness.
Why because God doesnt want us to be slaves or serving Satan. Hes prepared GOOD works for us to do..work for hIs purposes, not work where we just need cash or to work for someone else.

Maybe theres something we can sell or give up to pay this debt. Have a think about it. A lot of people have a mortgage when they shouldnt, so they will be in debt for about 20-30 years at least! Crazy. Really count the cost before you go and agree to buy something. It could be house, or higher education like a student loan. But Interest is a killer. Many students face 30k of debt they have to pay before they even can think about setting up a home.

This is a modern day thing, in Bible times they didnt have this sort of thing draining people of their time and energy. You built a house to last (or set up a tent) and that was it. You didnt spend years paying it off.

Ive been there several times in my life and kind of in that situation now too. If it is any compensation, many if not most people are in similar situations. If you surveyed people and they gave their honest opinion, they would say they are not happy in their job. There are so many toxic workplaces in my opinion. Because GOD is not front and centre of their mission statement, each workplace will ultimately stray from a good vibe. Workplaces need good leaders, good managers who encourage employees have respect for each other. Too often, the priority is making money or high competence. im not saying competence is not important but communicating with respect is often left as an afterthought. Too often Ive seen employees with status act like bullies and harass those with lower status. It has become normalised. When I have felt a good vibe at a workplace, it is a pleasure to go there. I would almost choose a lower paid, happy workplace than a nasty toxic but well paid one.

Maybe it is an illusion many of us have that "the grass is always greener". But my experience tells me that often the next workplace can be toxic too. Not always. So yes change by all means, if it is absolutely a daily nightmare. if it is a daily nightmare, I would almost suggest leaving immediately for your mental health. But as you say, money and paying rent, makes us stay.
As Major says, we just have to get Jesus to hold our hand sometimes and feel his presence. It could be an opportunity to grow closer to God. An opportunity to grow our faith. In this case, we are strengthened and can face similar future battles with more confidence. Yes, this is often the best policy. Gain strength from facing difficult times, so when you face a similar challenge in the future, you will feel confident and stronger in faith to do so.

Sorry but I'd like to add that we are called to be the light in the dark. Sometimes the only sane person in a toxic workplace is a Jesus like figure who sticks to good behaviour and respectful communication. That of course is the ideal. We need a huge amount of faith and trust in God to achieve this. But move on, by all means if you need to for your mental health.

Ive been there several times in my life and kind of in that situation now too. If it is any compensation, many if not most people are in similar situations. If you surveyed people and they gave their honest opinion, they would say they are not happy in their job. There are so many toxic workplaces in my opinion. Because GOD is not front and centre of their mission statement, each workplace will ultimately stray from a good vibe. Workplaces need good leaders, good managers who encourage employees have respect for each other. Too often, the priority is making money or high competence. im not saying competence is not important but communicating with respect is often left as an afterthought. Too often Ive seen employees with status act like bullies and harass those with lower status. It has become normalised. When I have felt a good vibe at a workplace, it is a pleasure to go there. I would almost choose a lower paid, happy workplace than a nasty toxic but well paid one.
Hi all,

I hear that a great deal. My sister is in a similar situation that is so toxic, that she is now only working a couple of days a week and has had to supplement her income with several other part-time jobs.

While my professional life has not always been a walk in the park, I am thankful that my experience with toxic work places has been very limited. I guess this is because I have almost always worked for the government (federal, state and not county) and there are mechanisms to prevent this. My experience with the federal government was fantastic. Worked there for 24 years, 1 month and 23 days and the only bad day I had was when I decided to retire. For the state of Florida, the organization had issues, but most were up in Tallahassee and did not reach all the way down to Miami. Now I work for the county and I am so impressed at just how friendly a work environment it is. This will also be my first experience with joining a union.

At the end of the day, we do what we must do. I know that we are not to serve two masters at the same time and God is always first in line for our love. “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (Matthew 6:14 (NIV)). However, bills have to be paid and, even in today's economy, finding a new job is not easy and takes time. I know this, as I just ended a 140 day period of unemployment and looking.

Regardless, we can only take so much of any bad situation. It is all in God's hands, so maybe this is how he tells us it is time to move on. I can tell you from personal experience that, while I was depressed at having to leave my last position, it turned out to be for the good. My new job is way more attractive and looks like my old agency is falling apart really fast. It has truly become a toxic environment and looks like I was spared that experience.

Good luck brothers (and sisters), as we all continue walking our journey from where we are to where we want to be.

OK, time to get to work.

rtm3039

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭ESV‬‬

I have a question...
Are you in debt? Thats the hardest thing...when people say they need the money, its usually not because they actually need the money for themselves, its usually to pay someone else off. So, I would suggest asking God forgiveness of whatver debt this is.
God can provide everything else but debts incurred seem to be people getting themselves in a situation where they are indebted to someone or something. But you see Jesus blood paid for our debts and offers forgiveness.
Why because God doesnt want us to be slaves or serving Satan. Hes prepared GOOD works for us to do..work for hIs purposes, not work where we just need cash or to work for someone else.

Maybe theres something we can sell or give up to pay this debt. Have a think about it. A lot of people have a mortgage when they shouldnt, so they will be in debt for about 20-30 years at least! Crazy. Really count the cost before you go and agree to buy something. It could be house, or higher education like a student loan. But Interest is a killer. Many students face 30k of debt they have to pay before they even can think about setting up a home.

This is a modern day thing, in Bible times they didnt have this sort of thing draining people of their time and energy. You built a house to last (or set up a tent) and that was it. You didnt spend years paying it off.
God doesnt want us to be slaves indeed. But i guess that is how the world is set up these days which is a little sad

Sorry but I'd like to add that we are called to be the light in the dark. Sometimes the only sane person in a toxic workplace is a Jesus like figure who sticks to good behaviour and respectful communication. That of course is the ideal. We need a huge amount of faith and trust in God to achieve this. But move on, by all means if you need to for your mental health.
The hard part is keeping that up. I try every day to be content and treat people with respect as I feel like as Christians we shouldnt allow anyone to steal our joy. But sometimes it's challenging

Hi all,

I hear that a great deal. My sister is in a similar situation that is so toxic, that she is now only working a couple of days a week and has had to supplement her income with several other part-time jobs.

While my professional life has not always been a walk in the park, I am thankful that my experience with toxic work places has been very limited. I guess this is because I have almost always worked for the government (federal, state and not county) and there are mechanisms to prevent this. My experience with the federal government was fantastic. Worked there for 24 years, 1 month and 23 days and the only bad day I had was when I decided to retire. For the state of Florida, the organization had issues, but most were up in Tallahassee and did not reach all the way down to Miami. Now I work for the county and I am so impressed at just how friendly a work environment it is. This will also be my first experience with joining a union.

At the end of the day, we do what we must do. I know that we are not to serve two masters at the same time and God is always first in line for our love. “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (Matthew 6:14 (NIV)). However, bills have to be paid and, even in today's economy, finding a new job is not easy and takes time. I know this, as I just ended a 140 day period of unemployment and looking.

Regardless, we can only take so much of any bad situation. It is all in God's hands, so maybe this is how he tells us it is time to move on. I can tell you from personal experience that, while I was depressed at having to leave my last position, it turned out to be for the good. My new job is way more attractive and looks like my old agency is falling apart really fast. It has truly become a toxic environment and looks like I was spared that experience.

Good luck brothers (and sisters), as we all continue walking our journey from where we are to where we want to be.

OK, time to get to work.

rtm3039

That is amazing! The fact that you worked somewhere for 24 years and enjoyed it that's amazing! Good luck with your new job! I hope you greatly enjoy it!

Sometimes i feel a bit of guilt. I am grateful I have a job that afford me the opportunity to pay my bills. So thankful for that. Other than the fact that the environment is toxic. Deep down I feel this nudge, that I am wasting my time. Everyday I come to work I feel this nudge. I know I shouldnt be here but then I don't now how to get out and i mean, the job pays my rent so that gets a little confusing. I feel the nudge but what I am i suppose to do now? What is God trying to tell me? Which direction is he trying to take me? So many questions :)
I dont think it's wise to leap unless I have something to leap into. You see I am a planner. And so i get anxiety when there is no plan, hence the reason I can't just leave. But God has this in his hands. And i guess sooner or later I will see what he was trying to do all along

Maybe it is an illusion many of us have that "the grass is always greener". But my experience tells me that often the next workplace can be toxic too. Not always. So yes change by all means, if it is absolutely a daily nightmare. if it is a daily nightmare, I would almost suggest leaving immediately for your mental health. But as you say, money and paying rent, makes us stay.
As Major says, we just have to get Jesus to hold our hand sometimes and feel his presence. It could be an opportunity to grow closer to God. An opportunity to grow our faith. In this case, we are strengthened and can face similar future battles with more confidence. Yes, this is often the best policy. Gain strength from facing difficult times, so when you face a similar challenge in the future, you will feel confident and stronger in faith to do so.

I can promise you that the idea of "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence".....
means the guy on the other side of that fence is paying a higher water bill to keep that grass green!!!!!!

The hard part is keeping that up. I try every day to be content and treat people with respect as I feel like as Christians we shouldnt allow anyone to steal our joy. But sometimes it's challenging

May I say to you my friend that most of us, (and most will not admit this), live our lives in "chains" not realizing that we had the key to those chains all along!

There is nothing sinister or evil to think that you need to change jobs.

OK.....your job is paying your bills....I got that. May I ask you this...…..did you have a job before you had the one you have now?

You are a "Planner". Then do some planning. Every pay check put some money in a saving account. When you have enough saved that in your mind you can take less pay than you are getting now, you will then have some back up to go out and find another job.

BUT...…...You just might find a new job making more and allowing you to have joy in your life.

I worked 30 years in the same position. The last 10 years I spent planning to leave that job. I went to school, took extra classes, saved money and then cam a day that I was able to do just what I told you...…..leave and find joy and still pay the bills and actually have more of an income than I had.

God can and will do wonderful things for us when we use the key to unlock our chains.

What is that "KEY"????

I believe that it is OBEDIENCE!

With our own hands, and minds we forged the chains that bind us, and we now lack the power to free ourselves from them. We want to do what we want to do and cannot escape. Our only hope lies outside ourselves, in the One who loves us and gave himself up for us.

Jesus Christ, who says, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me” (Mark 8:34). Following Jesus means taking steps forward in what might be called “the obedience of faith”—moving steadily away from our former areas of disobedience and back into the will of God.

Blessing my dear friend!

Back