what dishes are the most popular in your country?

rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2019
Miami, FL
Hi Lanolin;
Thats sound so good! I love anything potatoes but regarding the meat pie, or the shepherds pie, they both sound delicious and kinda reminds me of a chicken pot pie which I also enjoy eating.

I love Pop Tarts! Thanks for the memory, Ray! If I remember wasn't one of the early flavors of Pop Tart "custard?" Later I they came out with the different flavors. While serving in the military, do you remember breakfasts in their countries? When Dad was stationed in Germany, as kids we visited a town in Holland and the hotels were all booked up so families in the community would open their home for the tourists. Our family stayed with a very nice Dutch family and for breakfast they served "soft boiled eggs" on a little egg holder. lol! it was my first time and was actually good!

God bless
you all!
My favorite Pop Task was blue berry, but I liked them cold..

Yes, I remember the egg in the little holder. Cut the top off and eat the center. Also remember the brutchen and the cold meats.

Ray

Sep 7, 2019
North Carolina
Of all the strange breakfast foods Ive had travelling, I recall the first time I had grits the most. The waitress laughed at me for asking what the white stuff was. I was an inquisitive kid, and she finally had to tell me they were made from corn.

Yanno what I just now remembered I forgot all about? Eating and staying at the Howard Johnson's, cause they were so family friendly.

Sep 7, 2019
North Carolina
Chocolate and tomato gravy are of southern origin, and served over biscuits. I find a tomato gravy gets too strange. Even with darker red stewed tomatoes, its not really a gravy unless you add enough flour. Then it just looks weird. I think a Mexican style red sauce tastes much better over eggs anyway.

Feb 10, 2015
Maryland
Aebleskivers!!!
A kind of spherical danish pancake (but I believe the Danish serve them as deserts). When I was young, my mom got intrigued with these. Bought the special pan, and served them to us for breakfast.

6122779.jpg

Reactions: AtomicSnowflake