What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved, who is judging whom? Just read what you have posted. Do you personally know anyone on this forum so that you may say: "That man/woman is just a sinner"? Do you know whether or not whom he Lord has taken "...out of darkness and unto His marvelous light."? But what are we called to judge...is it not righteousness? Do the scriptures overtly speak against repentance...or baptism...or receiving the Holy Spirit?
Not sure what you are trying to say? I have not called anyone a "sinner" but the scriptures are clear that we are all wretched sinners, in and of ourselves. That for this reason, none of us have the right to judge the flesh of others... Those who judge according to the flesh will be judged according to their flesh.

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 ¶ Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

It is a interesting word "mitspa" or "Mitzpa" and one could find several translations from the Heb. and be correct. I believe the name or word has a special meaning for me.. (neither of those you seem to want to correct me on) but the Hebrew is a interesting tongue that even the Jews do not always agree on. As far as "falling from grace" not sure what point you are making? What is grace is grace, what is works is works, all attempts to justify oneself by any work could hinder the grace of God in a believers life. Those who promote these varied forms of legalism are in fact in danger of the warnings of the scriptures I have used.

Actually mitzpah is or was a threat of divine execution between Laban and Jacob. It's more of a warning than a greetin'

You can receive The Spirit of God before or after you are water baptized...But if you skip the water Baptism you have disobeyed what it says to do..and God can and will remove his Spirit from so whom he will.

Read in Matthew all those who cast out Devils, did great works etc and God kicked them out at The Final Judgement...read it.

Hi Ricko1,

Sorry to get back to you so late but my internet service was down. I wanted to pick up from where we left off. You were going to find scripture that says you can lose salvation since you believe that a person can be saved and have their salvation removed from them.

Actually mitzpah is or was a threat of divine execution between Laban and Jacob. It's more of a warning than a greetin'
Actually at the root of the word, it means the "place where God sees" ..so it does have the sense of judgment or it is a place of comfort for the righteous...Like I said it is not a clear-cut word and it seems odd to me that you would try to make it sound as if it is? Are you a Jew or a serious student of the Hebrew? You should also know how the root word of the Hebrew works and that often the same word can have different meanings according to context and such...

Hi Ricko1,

Sorry to get back to you so late but my internet service was down. I wanted to pick up from where we left off. You were going to find scripture that says you can lose salvation since you believe that a person can be saved and have their salvation removed from them.

On my way to Church evening service will touch bases to nite or Tuesdsy..As I have to go to Georgia late to nite on 1 day weekly business trip....Thsnks...God Bless

Hi Ricko1,

Here are a couple of Scriptures that warns those in the faith they can lose theit salvation....
Hebrews 10 v 26 "For if we sin Willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins"

I I Peter 2 v 20-22 : "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, They are again entangled therin, and overcome,the latter end is worse with them then the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of Righteousness, then, after they had known it, to turn from the Holy Commandment delivered unto them

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, the dog is returned to his own vomit again, and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire".

Also read: I Timothy 4 v 16.

Here are a couple of Scriptures that warns those in the faith they can lose theit salvation....
Hebrews 10 v 26 "For if we sin Willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins"

I I Peter 2 v 20-22 : "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, They are again entangled therin, and overcome,the latter end is worse with them then the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of Righteousness, then, after they had known it, to turn from the Holy Commandment delivered unto them

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, the dog is returned to his own vomit again, and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire".

Also read: I Timothy 4 v 16.
These are scriptures that warn against legalism "the strength of sin is the law" Willfully sinning is turning back to the law, just read the context...
(by the way, have you ever "willfully sinned" since you have been saved)? oops ...I bet you have separate set of standards for your willful sin, than what you are trying to suggest to others. Please explain how your sin is not "willful" so we can all see the standards with which you are trying to judge others?

2 Peter is clearly warning those who turn from grace back to the law.... "the way of righteousness" is righteousness of faith. Again the strength of sin is the law, and all those who turn from grace to legalism are always in the bondage of sin.

The sow that was washed, "washed by the Word of His Grace" and turn back to wallow in their sin.... for the strength of sin is the law... the law produces sinful desires and lust.

Yes take heed legalist, God has warned you over and over about your self-righteousness!

These are scriptures that warn against legalism "the strength of sin is the law" Willfully sinning is turning back to the law, just read the context...
(by the way, have you ever "willfully sinned" since you have been saved)? oops ...I bet you have separate set of standards for your willful sin, than what you are trying to suggest to others. Please explain how your sin is not "willful" so we can all see the standards with which you are trying to judge others?

2 Peter is clearly warning those who turn from grace back to the law.... "the way of righteousness" is righteousness of faith. Again the strength of sin is the law, and all those who turn from grace to legalism are always in the bondage of sin.

The sow that was washed, "washed by the Word of His Grace" and turn back to wallow in their sin.... for the strength of sin is the law... the law produces sinful desires and lust.

Yes take heed legalist, God has warned you over and over about your self-righteousness!

I understand.
Enjoy your walk with the Lord.

What an attitude you have full of self righteousness condemning people, showing brazen attitude. And are blinded by Satan...tsk tsk.

I read these verses as becoming once again entangled in sin and immorality rather than a warning against legalism. Please explain.
God bless you.

I read these verses as becoming once again entangled in sin and immorality rather than a warning against legalism. Please explain.
God bless you.
Well we are done then. It appears there are several people on here who use the word
" Legalism" they don' t agree with the Scriptures etc. Unless someone has the true Spirit of God that person will never understand anyway. We will call it quits for now..
God Bless and Thank You..

Well we are done then. It appears there are several people on here who use the word
" Legalism" they don' t agree with the Scriptures etc. Unless someone has the true Spirit of God that person will never understand anyway. We will call it quits for now..
God Bless and Thank You..
Wait, what? Not sure what you meant there?

Wait, what? Not sure what you meant there?

There are a few on here who do not want to believe the gospel as presented name calling, surprised the moderator has not come in to stop it, but anyway. Lynn, a Person can lose their Salvation after they declare, or are declared " Saved"...There is no such thing as OSAS. This is delusional.

Two examples: Apostle Paul Concerned he could become a " Castaway" if he did not adhere to the declared Doctrines set forth in The NT..

Secondly, In Matthew 7 where Jesus Casts out those who preached in his name, Did many wonderful works, etc. These were " Christians" he would not let them in heaven because they did not OBEY his Gospel..

There are a few on here who do not want to believe the gospel as presented name calling, surprised the moderator has not come in to stop it, but anyway. Lynn, a Person can lose their Salvation after they declare, or are declared " Saved"...There is no such thing as OSAS. This is delusional.

Two examples: Apostle Paul Concerned he could become a " Castaway" if he did not adhere to the declared Doctrines set forth in The NT..

Secondly, In where Jesus Casts out those who preached in his name, Did many wonderful works, etc. These were " Christians" he would not let them in heaven because they did not OBEY his Gospel..
Ok. For a moment I thought someone believed I accused another of legalism!
God bless

Secondly, In Matthew 7 where Jesus Casts out those who preached in his name, Did many wonderful works, etc. These were " Christians" he would not let them in heaven because they did not OBEY his Gospel..

Let us discuss what " Works" is. No one can earn their way into heaven by doing good deeds to others. Or donating lots of Money, or any other thing as well. The Bible teaches: " Obedience, is better then sacrifice" . So the question is: What do people think when they hear the word "Works"?

Some on here probably think being Water baptized is a " Work" as one example. No, it is Obedience to what the various scriptures teach. Others may believe that Doing nothing is all one needs to be saved, because Jesus died for our sins so nothing else is necessary and we are all " Saved" according to that man made thinking.

Jesus died for our sins, but one cannot keep on repeating their sins, or do whatever their flesh desires and think they will be saved anyway. Hell is going to be full of people who believe that. Obedience and Works are two different words, but is it Works if you obey the Doctrine laid forth by Jesus, and taught by His Apostles?

God bless you.
Lets look... and you do believe the scriptures when they declare "the strength of sin is the law" That commandments produce evil desires in the flesh?

Ro 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

In clear context, Peter is speaking about the gospel of grace that washes and saves, "the way of righteousness" the righteousness of faith, the Holy Commandment: "this is My Beloved Son, Hear Him" They have turned back to the law-which is the strength of sin.

Balaam attempted to "curse" Gods people;

Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

We could go further into these passages, if you like to better understand?

What an attitude you have full of self righteousness condemning people, showing brazen attitude. And are blinded by Satan...tsk tsk.
No, I am confident that I, like Paul, am "wretched" and have no righteousness of my own to offer to God.

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 ¶ And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

You do understand that Paul wrote most of the New Testament, don't you? The obedience of the gospel is the obedience of faith not to the letter...not legalism.

Its obedience from the heart, not to a set of written rules.

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Let us discuss what " Works" is. No one can earn their way into heaven by doing good deeds to others. Or donating lots of Money, or any other thing as well. The Bible teaches: " Obedience, is better then sacrifice" . So the question is: What do people think when they hear the word "Works"?

Some on here probably think being Water baptized is a " Work" as one example. No, it is Obedience to what the various scriptures teach. Others may believe that Doing nothing is all one needs to be saved, because Jesus died for our sins so nothing else is necessary and we are all " Saved" according to that man made thinking.

Jesus died for our sins, but one cannot keep on repeating their sins, or do whatever their flesh desires and think they will be saved anyway. Hell is going to be full of people who believe that. Obedience and Works are two different words, but is it Works if you obey the Doctrine laid forth by Jesus, and taught by His Apostles?
Jesus :Mt 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back