What's for dinner? Thread

South Carolina style pulled pork BBQ that was hiding in the freezer and spinach patties. They are like crab cakes except with spinach. Okay all you spinach haters, don't curl your nose, these are awesome. :p

Okay, if you realize you forgot to stop at the grocery on the way home and think you have nothing to eat, here are a couple suggestions to save you a trip back to town.

If you have spaghetti noodles butter and parmissan cheese in the house, boil your noodles, drain, stir in some butter and sprinkle on the cheese. You've got dinner!!!! you could even add some parsley or another herb for color.

No parmersan cheese? Boil egg noodles, drain. Pour a can of diced tomatoes in the pan and heat. Add salt to taste.

Don't have noodles? Cook rice. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamin, add a little milk. It's good for breakfast, too!

So give us the recipe, Popeye!! ;)

Your wish is my command m'lady.

1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach the bag the other night was 10 ounces. A little more a little less, doesn't matter that much.

about a 1/2 c. left over cooked rice cold
Salt & pepper to taste
dash of nutmeg
A handful of Romano cheese (my hands are pretty big, so the ladies may want to use a half a cup or so)
A handful of Italian bread crumbs. (Those with small hands, try 3/4 cup)
3 eggs

Cook frozen spinach and drain well. Hand squeeze off the water from spinach, get it as dry as you can.
Mix together spinach, rice, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add Romano cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well. Make small thin patties out of batter and fry in a little oil and butter until both sides are brown. Eat.

Okay all you spinach haters, don't curl your nose, these are awesome. :p

Only thing I hate about spinach is that in our garden even supposedly resistant ones have a tendency to bolt. Chard tastes similar and is more reliable. We grow both.

Jon, if you spinach is bolting you ware waiting to long to harvest. When I grew spinach, when the leave looks like they were large enough to eat, up the plants came. You per plant yield may be smaller, but they taste better when young and tender.

Help!!!! I suddenly find myself in a cabbage dilemna. I have four heads of cabbage and only know two ways to cook it not counting in soup.

Anyone have a good, EASY recipe?

I can do boiled dinner and fried cabbage. I need something else.

Help!!!! I suddenly find myself in a cabbage dilemna. I have four heads of cabbage and only know two ways to cook it not counting in soup.

Anyone have a good, EASY recipe?

I can do boiled dinner and fried cabbage. I need something else.

I have an excellent recipe using cabbage but it's not quick, but is easy, and does require a little pre-planning. I'll be glad to post it if you're interested.

Back