Where Is The Love!

HisManySongs

Passed on, February 28, 2022
Jesus said:

John 13:53 (The Message)

"This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.”
I'm not singling out anyone, but ...

I find it hard to believe this would be recognized as a Christian website.

Way too often one Member is corrected by another using Scripture, not with love, but rather as a hammer to make a point at someone else's expense.

This air of superiority is not what Jesus had in mind. He's the only person in history who was always correct, but He never used that to beat on a sinner.

Please, please think about what you are about to say. And above all show the love of Jesus.

1 Corinthians 14:1 (The Message)

Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it—because it does!

Jesus said:

I'm not singling out anyone, but ...

I find it hard to believe this would be recognized as a Christian website.

Way too often one Member is corrected by another using Scripture, not with love, but rather as a hammer to make a point at someone else's expense.

This air of superiority is not what Jesus had in mind. He's the only person in history who was always correct, but He never used that to beat on a sinner.

Please, please think about what you are about to say. And above all show the love of Jesus.

Amen to that. Though, we all get carried away. It's not easy and we're not perfect. Sigh. But you're right.

I also, feel people misinterpret something and fire off without seeking clarification. I'm guilty of it. We should try to understand others point of view before we respond to them.

But he can do that because he's Jesus. No one else is.

Jesus went after those in the Temples because they adhered to tradition over the correct spirit of The Word.

We are all charged to correct those that are "in the know" when we see things goes off the rail.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

It is part of being a fruit inspector.

Jesus went after those in the Temples because they adhered to tradition over the correct spirit of The Word.

We are all charged to correct those that are "in the know" when we see things goes off the rail.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

It is part of being a fruit inspector.
The problem is, if we all correct others, thinking we know what Jesus wanted/meant/intended/said, what happens if we encounter someone else who is doing the same thing, and yet they have a different understanding?

I think in forums, Love can be shown 2 ways: proactive and reactive

i think Forums help us to practice more of how to react/listen in love and respond in love…. rather than proact/preach in love?

In fact, I think as far as my overall impression, the bible contains more of how to react, rather than how to preach?

That is: how to react to those that are hungry, thirsty.....

Matthew 25:35-36New King James Version (NKJV)
35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

It is so difficult to say if what someone says is out of love or not over a forum or even text messages. There is no way to know this. How do we even know who is truly being sincere or just trying to get people upset?

I think it really comes down to respectfully disagreeing more than "correcting" - even "gently correcting" suggests one person has a better understanding about something than another.

It is so difficult to say if what someone says is out of love or not over a forum or even text messages. There is no way to know this. How do we even know who is truly being sincere or just trying to get people upset?
You could add smiley faces, or after each post write *hugs*. This will let them know.

As a matter of fact, anyone who replies to my posts from now on please write *hugs* at the end. Thank you. *hugs*

You could add smiley faces, or after each post write *hugs*. This will let them know.

As a matter of fact, anyone who replies to my posts from now on please write *hugs* at the end. Thank you.
No hugs for you! Hugging is not a common thing in my culture.. We don't even give handshakes.. Traditionally.. Things have changed a lot these days..

I will give you "vanakkam".. Google for it. Same as Namaste in Hindi.. Vanakkam is the equivalent in my mother tongue..

I think it really comes down to respectfully disagreeing more than "correcting" - even "gently correcting" suggests one person has a better understanding about something than another.

I think it's okay to correct. If some truly believes hooking up with a demon will turn them into a mermaid, I hope they get corrected. But I also hope it's done in love. *hugs*

No hugs for you! Hugging is not a common thing in my culture.. We don't even give handshakes.. Traditionally.. Things have changed a lot these days..

I will give you "vanakkam".. Google for it. Same as Namaste in Hindi.. Vanakkam is the equivalent in my mother tongue..
I googled it. Looks like it means welcome. Vanakkam with hugs. I guarantee crime would dramatically drop. If I were president, I would make it a law to hug at least 10 people a day. Every person you hug would have to sign a piece of paper to prove it too.

*hug*

Last edited:
Think before you type. Look for agreement, not just disagreement so you can brandish your esword. Clarify someone's position - then respectfully disagree (if that is appropriate) and say plainly why. Blasting shows more about you than whoever you are trying to take down. Remember people who type have feelings. If you make people defensive, they throw up walls and consensus becomes impossible. And no one learns anything.

I think it's okay to correct. If some truly believes hooking up with a demon will turn them into a mermaid, I hope they get corrected. But I also hope it's done in love. *hugs*
I think it's OK to correct on factual matters but not when it's a matter of interpretation. For example, 2 + 2 = 4, that's a fact, it's OK to correct something like that. But not on things like "What did Jesus mean when he said...".

I think it's OK to correct on factual matters but not when it's a matter of interpretation. For example, 2 + 2 = 4, that's a fact, it's OK to correct something like that. But not on things like "What did Jesus mean when he said...".
But what to do in a case like this? Jesus said "I am the way". We can look at it as fact or a matter of interpretation. When Jesus said I am the way, it is a fact that He is the only way. We have lot of people who claim Jesus did not mean or say He is the only way. Or we to tolerate that as interpretational difference?

Back