Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James, Brother of Jesus

• Mary Magdalene

• Mary, the Mother of Jesus

• Total voters
Agreed .... we must stick to the scriptures and to depend upon the Lord's guidance in the process

It does take time and dedication on our part, but possible to be lead into all truth

There are so many ways broadcast today consisting of private interpretation producing nothing but confusion through the miss handling of the Lord's prophetic word .... a virtual zoo of chioces

Much damage has been done by those who have and do abuse the privilege of knowing His more sure word of prophecy .... and this condition is on a roll and propagated by those who seek proprietary interests

The student of Bible prophecy must be a Berean .... testing and re-testing in the light of scripture .... to study themselves approved for the purpose of reaching a high level of confidence in what one believes, and why they believe it .... and to be an effect witness for those who need to hear

Very much agreed. The ONE thing that confirms and validate the prophetic Word of God is TIME.

From the beginning of the thread, I said it was all speculation. Not to argue doctrine but to see what the witnesses purpose and message (function) is and how that compares with biblical figures as described in scripture. I think? it will be 2 bible figures from the past but I am not cemented into that. I am simply curious and figured it was one topic where no one can get riled up against any position because scripture does not state or identify them. But it is like they just appear as leaders. As opposed to all the misleaders.

Agreed. We all love a mystery don't we????

I will not argue the point at all. I just believe that the two will not be 2 Bible figures from the past but will be 2 men who have the abilities of 2 Bible figures from the past.

Personally.....it does not matter at all to me because my understanding is that I will not be here to see one way or the other.

True Major .... you will only observe from the condition of immortality [one of the those that dwell in the Lord's temple in heaven at the time [Revelation 7:9-17; 11;1]

The Lord's two future witnesses will be mortal men [prophets of Israel] guarded with the Lord protection .... and they will be killed at the end of their purpose .... and resurrected

These are not of the dead in Christ of the past who would have to be resurrected, killed, and then resurrected again

So - what is my case for 2 past biblical figures to be the 2 witnesses? I think we Christians are given the OT & NT to rely on for the ultimate "game" plan of end times. I think we will be raptured and will witness with Christ and heaven what happens in the tribulation. The Jews have the OT and less clear ideas of end times. In those times, they will need figures who have, for them, instant credibility and validity. Some one who could show them where they went off the path by way of their scriptures and ours. They will have special powers and the ability to wield these powers without having to learn from scratch. They will want with all their heart to do what has to be done out of love of God and out of love for their fellow Jews.

There is a huge explosion of Jews believing in the Messiah of late. The hypocrisy of the Pharisees (Rabbinical Rabbis) is being exposed. Here's a couple of Messianic Jews I listen to and this is one of their videos on the subject. But before you do, understand that to the vast majority of the Jews, they believe the Oral Tradition (Oral Law) over the written law - Torah - the OT. Jews that believe the OT and not the OL are called Karaite Jews which really opened my eyes with the struggles Jesus had with the Pharisees. The first video is very long, but really worth it. He is not a Messianic Jew.

True Major .... you will only observe from the condition of immortality [one of the those that dwell in the Lord's temple in heaven at the time [Revelation 7:9-17; 11;1]

The Lord's two future witnesses will be mortal men [prophets of Israel] guarded with the Lord protection .... and they will be killed at the end of their purpose .... and resurrected

These are not of the dead in Christ of the past who would have to be resurrected, killed, and then resurrected again

Agreed.

There is a huge explosion of Jews believing in the Messiah of late. The hypocrisy of the Pharisees (Rabbinical Rabbis) is being exposed. Here's a couple of Messianic Jews I listen to and this is one of their videos on the subject. But before you do, understand that to the vast majority of the Jews, they believe the Oral Tradition (Oral Law) over the written law - Torah - the OT. Jews that believe the OT and not the OL are called Karaite Jews which really opened my eyes with the struggles Jesus had with the Pharisees. The first video is very long, but really worth it. He is not a Messianic Jew.

Wow, again Ab! It makes me want to start learning Hebrew all over again. What do you mean by a "messianic" Jew? Gordon has read the NT and doesn't believe in Christ? Having only read parts of the Midrash and none of the other 3 Jewish documents, I was totally unaware what orthodox Jews really were. Or how nearly impossible it is to break through what their traditions or Tanakot really means. No wonder!! I bought the e book before I finished the video. Been watching the French 2 standoffs. Looks like it will both be coming to an end soon. This backs up that Moses and Elijah, possibly an Isaiah - would be needed to break down these insiduous traditions. And they have been doing this for way over 2000 years!!

I can get behind that. I think when it comes to the future, all humans have an impulse to reach (and passionately defend!) conclusions based on what we know about, but I expect it turns out that the vast majority of events happen because of things that we don't know about.
I agree with that statement.

Wow, again Ab! It makes me want to start learning Hebrew all over again. What do you mean by a "messianic" Jew? Gordon has read the NT and doesn't believe in Christ? Having only read parts of the Midrash and none of the other 3 Jewish documents, I was totally unaware what orthodox Jews really were. Or how nearly impossible it is to break through what their traditions or Tanakot really means. No wonder!! I bought the e book before I finished the video. Been watching the French 2 standoffs. Looks like it will both be coming to an end soon. This backs up that Moses and Elijah, possibly an Isaiah - would be needed to break down these insiduous traditions. And they have been doing this for way over 2000 years!!
A "Messianic Jew" is one that is a Jew AND believes in Jesus as the Son of God.

Back