Who would like to join me?? in going through Revelations???

No Bob, I'm not arguing nor bating :) That's not my style.

Then please acknowledge that you understand I am not offering a literal interpretation, and stop trying to pit a literal interpretation against it. That is what is argumentative. It is arguing against a straw man to pretend I am offering a literal interpretation.

I think it is important to establish boundaries sometimes . i for one would appreciate seeing diverse, even opposing opinions displayed parallel to one another . without anyone feeling the need to correct and nitpick . and instead understand one another's perspective and be enriched by one another .

i had a vision of that one day . the final picture was very beautiful .

Since this is about revelation thread, want to ask this question...

Who do you think is the BEAST??? Some even predicted that it is Obama?

Hi... hummmm actually, I believe this thread is not so much "about Revelation" as it has turned out to be a "particular disection" of the book, through which those reading may (or may not) obtain a viewpoint of it that they most likely did not have prior, and which they may or may not agree with afterward either.

As such, it is an orderly (in order chapter by chapter & verse by verse) rendering of this interpretaion so the aspects of the "beast" will eventually be covered within it, once we have arrived at those chapters/verses. However, going by what I have read here thus far, I am not sure this rendition shall be likely to posit any specific indivdual as "being the beast". Rather it may attempt to decipher the situation which is being refferred to within those scripture verses, (in a whole new way of looking at them I might add if as I say, what has already been written herein this thread is any indicater of what is to come! ;)

Daniel 7:16-25 (New International Version)

16 I approached one of those standing there and asked him the true meaning of all this.
"So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things: 17 'The four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth. 18 But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.'
19 "Then I wanted to know the true meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. 20 I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully. 21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against the saints and defeating them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.
23 "He gave me this explanation: 'The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time.

The beast in revelation represents all the beasts (the first beast is a chimera of the first three beasts in Daniel .. and gives all of its power to the Iron beast with seven heads and 10 horns) . so the beast is the kingdom that rules the world in any given time period . As president of the U.S., a country that is quite skilled in "devouring the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it" and one of the G8 nations .. Obama "might" be a "horn" but cannot be the beast .

Hi Bob... not sure what exactly you are saying with this statement... nor how precisely you came to it? Could you possibly elaborate your point for me, and provide a scripture you arrive at this from? Thanks!

I would be happy to. Thanks for asking. Please first understand that I am using a method of interpretation which uses symbols. When a symbols is used in a certain way, it must be used that way everywhere it exists, or a complete understanding of the symbol has not been arrived at yet.

So when I say that Jesus is water, I am saying that everywhere that water is used, it refers to the word, and generally of Jesus, with the caveat that since "we are to be made like him" 1Jo 3:2 that the symbol may have a dual application in speaking of the church. On rare occasion of a word that is not Jesus. This is the language of riddle.

So where I begin is with

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

this gives us a hint that water may be a symbol of the word. Then we are reminded that John the baptist fulfilled the prophesy of Elijah. There was no rain (water) until he spoke. God was silent for four hundred years before John. There was no Word (water) until he spoke.

We are not absolutely sure that the water is the word until every verse concerning water is examined to see that it makes sense. When we have two or three witness scriptures, you may be sure that you are close to an understanding, and use it provisionally.

I have confidence that it is the word since every scripture I have seen it in in the last seven years has been consistent. You will want to be sure for yourself.

So the question is, what word is it? This now depends on context. Sometimes it represents the word of liars, and when you reject their word, you spit. Sometimes it represents the written, spoken or living Word of God. In most cases this is it. And since we are like him, we find in one of the voices it applies to the church.

In the context of this thread, we were speaking of clouds.

Jud 5:4 LORD, when thou wentest out of Seir, when thou marchedst out of the field of Edom, the earth trembled, and the heavens dropped, the clouds also dropped water.

Doesn't sound like much to go on, but the word 'dropped' also means 'prophesied' or 'preached'. Isn't it cool how it starts to weave together?

The clouds preached the word. Not all clouds do though:
2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

So the proper understanding of clouds is that they are people designed to carry water (the word) but sometimes don't.

Since the clouds referenced are with Christ, they are with the water/word.

We could, and eventually will go through every verse that has water, mist, sea, clouds, spit, well, stream, etc. and see that each one refers to word.

When Elisha removed the axe (judgment - the axe is laid at the root) from the stream it is a picture of Christ removing judgment from the word. (he didn't come to judge...)

When the water was spilled in the dust it became blood. When the word was made incarnate in the dust of the earth, it made Life. (Life is in the blood).

When the waters above were separated from the waters below, Law and grace were separated, and Jesus was the firmament between them.

The two rivers at Babel were law and grace. The four rivers in Eden the Word as spoken by prophet, priest, king and judge, the four faces of the wheels.

It is the language of riddle, and the rules keep it from being free-for-all allegory.

Someone will ask that if it speaks of Christ and the church and the written word and the spoken word, isn't that multiple meanings? No. Since the scriptures say that we are made one in Christ, He in us and us in him, we are constrained to make them one in our thinking. The error is not with the method but our definition of who we are. If we think we are separate from Christ, we are in trouble.

Hi... hummmm actually, I believe this thread is not so much "about Revelation" as it has turned out to be a "particular disection" of the book, through which those reading may (or may not) obtain a viewpoint of it that they most likely did not have prior, and which they may or may not agree with afterward either.

As such, it is an orderly (in order chapter by chapter & verse by verse) rendering of this interpretaion so the aspects of the "beast" will eventually be covered within it, once we have arrived at those chapters/verses. However, going by what I have read here thus far, I am not sure this rendition shall be likely to posit any specific indivdual as "being the beast". Rather it may attempt to decipher the situation which is being refferred to within those scripture verses, (in a whole new way of looking at them I might add if as I say, what has already been written herein this thread is any indicater of what is to come! ;)

Cool. You understand! I am not sure a verse by verse rendering is always the way to go because the riddles get complex. Most of what I have read in the Bible can be rendered on a verse by verse basis. But God is more cleaver than that.

I will start a new thread on the beast to demonstrate the complexity and satisfy the curiosity.

revelations is a book we do not need ,if you follow Christ why do we need revelations.?i can,t understand it and know no man who can.even in revelations it says those who follow Christ and Gods commandments.

revelations is a book we do not need ,if you follow Christ why do we need revelations.?i can,t understand it and know no man who can.even in revelations it says those who follow Christ and Gods commandments.

Revelation chapters 2&3 are really useful if you're application minded .

Cool. You understand! I am not sure a verse by verse rendering is always the way to go because the riddles get complex. Most of what I have read in the Bible can be rendered on a verse by verse basis. But God is more cleaver than that.

I will start a new thread on the beast to demonstrate the complexity and satisfy the curiosity.

Greetings Bob... firstly, thanks for your response regard my prior post asking about "Jesus is water?" elsewhere in this thread, I appreciate your taking time to convey your reply...

now then, and yes I do "understand" what it is you are doing... that said, it is not to say I'm afraid that I actually "agree with" the vast majority of points you have made within the thread (including, sorry but Christ "being" water, primarily due to His being present and actively participant at creaton and cleary when the "waters" were divided, so I do not think He was at the same time , "the water He divided" as "He divided the water" (see Gen. 1:1-27)...

apart from the "Jesus/water" issue, I'm sorry but I find many things to be contrary to what the Holy Spirit has already "taught" me through my prayerful study of scriptures now for some 25 years prior, and most particulary of prophecy/prophets. To some degree, (though not in exactly the same sprit) I do agree as to what smellycat has put forth to you, specifically that seeking for too many answers to riddles that in fact may or may NOT even exist within the text, can and does open the door of your mind and spirit to the deceptive powers of our enemy satan. Indeed, this whole "system" which you seem to have developed and now espouse honestly and frankly to me personally appears similar to the ancient "Gnostism", and of course, factually the apostle John spent the larger portion of his three "letters" decrying the practices and pursuit of "knowledge" by any such means! So at this point in time, and solely as a matter of personal determination and descision I'm led to refrain from reading this thread (or the now newly inspired beast thread) and to cease from making any further comment in regard to either this "method of scripture interpretation", or the various determinations and explanations proposed by you within it.

I do pray that God's will shall be (as it a'course ALWAYS is to spite any of mankind! ;) and furthermore Bob that you and all yours receive abundant blessing and grace in all.

John's letters speak against Gnosticism in that they say Jesus did not come in the flesh . they do not speak against trying to interpret the bible according to what it actually says . The gospel introduces parables as a way of communicating mysteries hidden from wise men for ages . therefore . the mysteries are still there . there is nothing wrong with what Bob is doing . in my years of prayerful bible study . i have come across something like he is talking about . and it is actually very edifying to see Christ in all of Scripture . and it is the point of all scripture . to see Christ and prayerfully become like Him through the inner workings of the Holy Spirit .

now then, and yes I do "understand" what it is you are doing... that said, it is not to say I'm afraid that I actually "agree with" the vast majority of points you have made within the thread (including, sorry but Christ "being" water, primarily due to His being present and actively participant at creaton and cleary when the "waters" were divided, so I do not think He was at the same time , "the water He divided" as "He divided the water" (see Gen. 1:1-27)...

Then, no you do not understand. I am NOT saying that he was physically the literal historical Water. I am saying that Water is a symbol of Christ. So when the water was separated from the water it is the same as law and grace being separated and it is the same as Christ who is the source of law and grace choosing not to condemn in his ministry, but to be grace alone, and then through the cross reconciling that grace with his holiness.

You have made the mistake of mixing literal with figurative and presuming that I am doing the same. Adam is a symbol of Christ. Water is a symbol of Christ. Nothing more.

You will find no Gnostic teaching here.

Christ bled blood and water to show the joining.and lets be honest most blood follow a queen not a king.follow the power and are sadsacks.

I so didn't want to look at this thread... Lol. I'll be back once I've read more of Revelation again.

Chapter 1 together in paraphrase

1. The revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Jesus to shew his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent his messenger (Peter) to sign it.

2. John, who wrote the Book of John bearing witness of the Word, his testimony and His life based on his own observations.

3. Therefore those who see, hear and walk according to the words of the prophecy will be blessed as the works of Christ.

4. Jehovah is a gracious giver to the whole church which is the bride in persecution. Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the fullness of the Spirit which was before the Cross.

5.And from Jesus Christ, the living Word (in four voices).

6. He has made us conquerers of the flesh, and intercessors for the lost. To Christ be glory and dominion for ever in heaven and on earth.

7. Behold, he comes with the church and everyone shall understand Him and the church. And all who live according to the flesh will die.

8. I am the Alpha and Omega in heaven and on earth sayeth the Lord which is the eternal God.

9. I John, am your brother in the kingdom and your companion in tribulation. While I was in my ark of death for Christ and His testimony,

10. Saw a picture of the cross being painted in my circumstances, while meditating on the cross, and knew the familiar voice from the history prior to the cross which had become a shout in a proclamation.

11. Saying, I am the Alpha and Omega, the greatest and the least, what you understand do a work in the flesh and send it to the bride in persecution. The whole church.

12. I changed the way I was thinking to understand the Living Word that spoke with me. And having changed my thinking I understood the complete divine revelation of God.

13.. In the midst of the complete revelation of God was Christ girt in his works even unto his incarnation with divine righteousness.

14. His authority and every detail of his life had been thoroughly examined and found to be pure though he had borne our sin. He understood Good and Evil.

15. And his incarnate life was wise like a serpent and he had been refined by learning obedience through suffering. His voice spoke through all the water.

16. He had in his spiritual works, the church and he spoke law and grace. His appearance before men was Holy.

17. When I understood him, I lived in him, and his spiritual works spoke to me saying Fear not, Though I am the Lion, I am also the Lamb.

18. I am Christ, I have the keys to understanding and life.

19. Write the Word you have understood, the works which are happening now, and the Life to come.

20. The seven stars are messengers of the whole church. The seven candlesticks which you understood are the seven assemblies.

1st assembly

1 ¶ Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Does the first assembly parallel the garden?

v1. Ephesus - "permitted" to approach the throne. Adam walked with God.
2. Works and labour - Adam was created to do good works but had to labor to eat bread after the fall. How Adam must have hated the serpent. He lied about being a messenger.
3. In your labours, (after the fall) you did not fail.
4. Neverleless, you left your first love (Me) for Eve.
5. Remember the garden and do the good works for which you were created. Or you will be removed (from the garden).
7. Adam couldn't eat of the tree of Life, but you may.

The first church of the Garden has been restored.

Back