why would you say people gravitate in majority toward faith ?

Romans 1:19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Pretty clear. God makes Himself known to us all. The ones who answer the call will be the ones who gravitate towards the Faith. Others gravitate toward religion, to be a self driven part of it. These people are in it for themselves, justifying what they do by the good feelings they receive from it.

"Only see this which I have found: that God made man upright, but they have sought out many devices." - Ecclesiastes 7:29

God made man upright, physically as well as morally. In terms of his physical form and his intelligence, he's different from the rest of the creation. Man is made to look up to God. Man is formed with a need to respond to His Creator. But, sin came in, and moral darkness. Men "did not think it good to have God in their knowledge" (Romans 1:28) and because they wouldn't have God in their knowledge, He gave them up to do shameful things, and to forget even what's natural and proper to the dignity of man, and so to degrade themselves. While men haven't thought it good to be mindful of God, they still have a human need, one which they were created with, to look up to a higher authority, which leads them to seek out many devices. Idols, the natural elements, other men, animals - all these became the imagined 'higher being' that man goes after, and they "changed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of corruptible man and of birds and quadrupeds and reptiles." (Romans 1:23)

Yet there's an element of mankind who refuse to tolerate any authority, and who refuse even to bow to an imaginary god. This why atheism has grown in over the centuries along with such things as belief in the theory of evolution, republicanism, anarchism, feminism, and an overdeveloped conception of 'animal rights'. Anything that a) removes the distinction between man and animal, thus making him less than a special creation, and b) destroys the idea of authority and the God-given order of manhood is embraced fervently by the infidel and the God-denier.

God is life, and He breathed into each and every human, Himself! As Ecclesiastes says His Spirit will return to Him when we die. While we live, that Spirit is longing for Him. All men are drawn to God. Those that cannot find Him, make up a god so they attempt to fill the longing. That god is usually substances like sex, drugs, alcohol, religion, food, shopping, fitness... anything to help stem the longing, but the longing can only be satisfied by God Himself. Only the Spirit can fulfill the hole in our being. That hole was created when sin enter into our DNA by Adam. That hole is spiritual, that we can feel in the physical. Only God can fill that hole to make us whole again. Even when we become Christians only part of that hole is filled until we learn to be obedient to the Holy Spirit and He fulfills the longing in our hearts by walking in the Spirit.

Mar 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

Although faith is invisible it does produce actions in the life of a believer. The works of faith is what the Lord God does through the person who has true faith.

God is life, and He breathed into each and every human, Himself! As Ecclesiastes says His Spirit will return to Him when we die. While we live, that Spirit is longing for Him. All men are drawn to God. Those that cannot find Him, make up a god so they attempt to fill the longing. That god is usually substances like sex, drugs, alcohol, religion, food, shopping, fitness... anything to help stem the longing, but the longing can only be satisfied by God Himself. Only the Spirit can fulfill the hole in our being. That hole was created when sin enter into our DNA by Adam. That hole is spiritual, that we can feel in the physical. Only God can fill that hole to make us whole again. Even when we become Christians only part of that hole is filled until we learn to be obedient to the Holy Spirit and He fulfills the longing in our hearts by walking in the Spirit.

Can you explain more about what you mean by His Spirit.
Thanks!
God Bless

Mar 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

Although faith is invisible it does produce actions in the life of a believer. The works of faith is what the Lord God does through the person who has true faith.
Curtis what is it that you mean with works of faith is what the Lord God does through the person who has true faith ?

Yes sir God works through us. It is God who does the works AND YET there is another works attached to faith........ it is also know as action. Faith with out works is dead. This is why I am asking. I want to be clear on what you mean here. Nothing personal my friend but I have learned Not to take things for granted when it comes to forums or simply guess or think you know what is being said. (y)
Blessings
Jim

u think faith is religion?
Angela let me answer this.... I know you know but still - put me in couch........(y)
Sister Faith is a Life Style. We are all called to walk or Live by Faith.
Faith is not a religion or beleif or something you decide to go get when times get hard.
No mam with out Faith we can not please the Father and this is not simply faith He is God either.

Faith is powerful and required. Faith moves mountains - and Faith makes life a whole lot easier. Faith requires Love and Forgiveness side by side. Faith is life as we should know it.
Blessings
Jim

Faith in something unseen, greater than they are, religion,
I don't think it takes any faith to believe in God. It takes faith to believe in Jesus. A working brain knows there is a God and it knows we have wronged Him with sin. That is why an atheist is a very interesting person to study. Like a freak of nature :giggle:.

We also know that sin is not simply just opposing what God says (as god bashers would claim). Sin that upsets God always encompasses actions that involve us hurting / wronging others.

I don't think it takes any faith to believe in God. It takes faith to believe in Jesus. A working brain knows there is a God and it knows we have wronged Him with sin. That is why an atheist is a very interesting person to study. Like a freak of nature :giggle:.

We also know that sin is not simply just opposing what God says (as god bashers would claim). Sin that upsets God always encompasses actions that involve us hurting / wronging others.

God hates sin because it kills those in which He loves. Just a gentle reminder brother KJ Sir - again becareful what you say about others..........God loves those atheist and is not holding this against them. It is called Grace and it is just as much for them as you or me.

God hates sin because it kills those in which He loves. Just a gentle reminder brother KJ Sir - again becareful what you say about others..........God loves those atheist and is not holding this against them. It is called Grace and it is just as much for them as you or me.

Of course God loves them. Of course I must love them. You really think I crossed the line?

How well would you take it if you heard members here in this forum saying you were a freak of nature ? There is your answer KJ.
Blessings.......
Well it would depend on what exactly the freak of nature pun related too. Freak of nature can be good, bad or neutral. Bad = A really fat person is a freak of nature. Good = Einstein was a freak of nature. Neutral = believing contrary to the (dead obvious) default belief. The fact that a belief in God is dead obvious places them in an exceptional 'freak of nature' bracket.

But then I guess the ''freak'' does make one assume the worst :giggle:.

Well it would depend on what exactly the freak of nature pun related too. Freak of nature can be good, bad or neutral. Bad = A really fat person is a freak of nature. Good = Einstein was a freak of nature. Neutral = believing contrary to the (dead obvious) default belief. The fact that a belief in God is dead obvious places them in an exceptional 'freak of nature' bracket.

But then I guess the ''freak'' does make one assume the worst :giggle:.
Well sir with all of that put aside. If God asked you if this was uplifting to them or helpful to them or demonstrated His love for them and you could answer yes to all three then I guess you would be in the clear........ ;)

Back