Will Our Faith Survive The Coming End Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well time will tell. My bet is that I will be challenged to my very core and I will need to exercise my faith to the max. I will only survive the terror of nuclear war and fallout by praying in the Holy Spirit to survive the poisoning of the air and water and food...
This is what the Scriptures tell me. To be strong and to endure. By your patience you will inherit your souls. If people have put their faith into wrong doctrine and it is not forthcoming; millions will fall away because their expectations of sanctuary will be proven to be false; their faith and commitment will be totally undermined. They will burn like chaff.

Any possible way to listen to the radio or mp3 while doing chores? At least you would be feeding your spirit, and nourishing your faith.
I'll be praying that God will be sending favor ahead of your wife for her scooter and for your strength! God love you and is carrying you through this! Think of the footprints poem. Blessings of strength to you my friend!
Absolutely, I do just that even when I'm working out.

Well time will tell. My bet is that I will be challenged to my very core and I will need to exercise my faith to the max. I will only survive the terror of nuclear war and fallout by praying in the Holy Spirit to survive the poisoning of the air and water and food...
This is what the Scriptures tell me. To be strong and to endure. By your patience you will inherit your souls. If people have put their faith into wrong doctrine and it is not forthcoming; millions will fall away because their expectations of sanctuary will be proven to be false; their faith and commitment will be totally undermined. They will burn like chaff.
Go where God guides you my friend.

Matthew 24:7-14
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences,
and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [No rapture as promised??]
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Matthew 24:21-22
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's* sake those days shall be shortened.
*ek-lek-tos' From G1586; select; by implication favourite: - chosen, elect.
Why would our Lord Jesus need to shorten the days of great tribulation to save his elect (the saints) if everybody is already beamed up to heaven?
2Peter 3: 9-13

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great
noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Good question - what sort of believers are we to be seeing that all these things (the world) shall be dissolved? The question clearly implies that we will be on Earth when this happens and what should we be like in christian faith and conduct awaiting this awesome day! Looking for that day where the heavens being on fire [nuclear war would do that] shall be dissolved. Saints will be looking for the Day of the Lord because they will be caught up in the catastrophe that will be happening all around them. Only the saints will understand of the salvation to come. Others will be angry and hateful and despise the hope of the saints.
Luke 21: 34-36
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares for as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Again here is a warning from our Lord Jesus himself to his disciples that we need to be vigilant and alert to the signs of the times and to keep diligent in faith because we could be found wanting and faithless on the Day of the Lord. Hardly a necessary warning to disciples if they are all on holidays in the clouds. The Scriptures consistently state the same message over and over - keep the faith, endure hardship and persecution/tribulation - watch and pray - be ready. Look to the sky for your redemption draweth nigh. Not look down from the sky.
Matthew 25: 10
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Just one question......who or what or why are we praying? Just trying to get a sense of your thoughts my friend.

Hello Mr. Turtle. It is a blessing for you to ask me a question.

I for one have been and will be praying for the souls of the lost people all over this world my brother.

My understanding of Scripture is that when the last person that God has predestined to be saved, hears and answers His call to be saved, the church will be complete. It is at that moment that the Rapture will take place. That will effectively end the Age of Grace.

Then, no one who has heard the gospel can be saved. The lost will stay lost and be judged for their sins.

So WHO should we praying about. THE LOST.
Then WHY should we be praying. That they would come to Christ before it is too late to be saved.

It is a matter of timing. It seems to be a peculiarity of American Evangelistic preaching that they [the church?] are to be taken up before the great tribulation that is coming on the Earth. Suffering for one's faith is the lot of others in the world, but not for Evangelical Americans. Up, up and away while supposedly those not belonging to THE [?] Church are punished and tormented. Sorry, not in the scriptures.
Revelation 7:13-14
And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Matthew 13:29-30
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest:
and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Matthew 13:36-43
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

May I say to you that the same Bible that teaches the Western thought about the Rapture is the same Bible that is used in all other countries around the world.

I would encourage you to consider reading the book of James along with the verses you used from the Revelation.

James is a focus on the Jews and the Revelation is God's dealing with the Jews during the time of Jacobs trouble.

Matthew 24:7-14
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences,
and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [No rapture as promised??]
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Matthew 24:21-22
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's* sake those days shall be shortened.
*ek-lek-tos' From G1586; select; by implication favourite: - chosen, elect.
Why would our Lord Jesus need to shorten the days of great tribulation to save his elect (the saints) if everybody is already beamed up to heaven?

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great
noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Good question - what sort of believers are we to be seeing that all these things (the world) shall be dissolved? The question clearly implies that we will be on Earth when this happens and what should we be like in christian faith and conduct awaiting this awesome day! Looking for that day where the heavens being on fire [nuclear war would do that] shall be dissolved. Saints will be looking for the Day of the Lord because they will be caught up in the catastrophe that will be happening all around them. Only the saints will understand of the salvation to come. Others will be angry and hateful and despise the hope of the saints.
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares for as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Again here is a warning from our Lord Jesus himself to his disciples that we need to be vigilant and alert to the signs of the times and to keep diligent in faith because we could be found wanting and faithless on the Day of the Lord. Hardly a necessary warning to disciples if they are all on holidays in the clouds. The Scriptures consistently state the same message over and over - keep the faith, endure hardship and persecution/tribulation - watch and pray - be ready. Look to the sky for your redemption draweth nigh. Not look down from the sky.
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

My o my.
All of this reminds me of the little boy who asked his father: ................
"Daddy, why does the sun shine in the daytime when we don't need it, and not at night when we do?"
That kind of question is difficult to answer, not because the answer is so hard, but because the question is so wrong. To some degree, that seems to be the problem here.

Instead of re-posting the comments you made I will list the Scripture you gleened them from.

Matt. 24:7-14
Out of all of those your comment was...... [No rapture as promised??]

If you are not looking for the Rapture you will not see it my brother. But to the verses you posted.............
The question asked is "If God takes the church out of the world before the great tribulation begins with the Rapture, who is this Jesus says to flee to the mountains."

Again you said........"No rapture as promised".

To answer that perfectly proper question we must return once again to the words of Jesus to his disciples on the Mount of Olives. After he has announced the sign of the close of the age as "the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place," he then adds, in verses 16-20:

"Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; let him who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house; and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle. And alas for those who are with child and for those who give suck in those days! Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath."

This my friend is at the mid point of the Tribulation Period of 7 years and the Rapture has already taken place by this time!!!!

So Who are they who must flee so urgently when the last days begin? Who dare not hesitate long enough even to go back into the house to pick up a wrap, but must immediately head for the hills? There is no need to wonder, for the Lord says plainly, "those who are in Judea." Now Judea is a geographical part of the land of Israel, ancient Palestine. It comprises the hill country surrounding the city of Jerusalem and includes the city as well. It is to the residents of Jerusalem and Judea that this warning is addressed, the JEWS.

Matthew 24:21-22.............You asked:
"Why would our Lord Jesus need to shorten the days of great tribulation to save his elect (the saints) if everybody is already beamed up to heaven?

My friend, the answer is very simple. The believers will have been Raptured but There will be a revival during the Tribulation and many will turn to Christ, follow His commands and refuse the Mark of the Beast. They will be those who have never heard the gospel but will do so through the 2 witness and the 144 K. Those believers will enter the 1000 year rule of Christ as humans and will marry and have children.

We all should be living our lives expecting to see Jesus at any moment, so I agree with you completely.

I agree with you.

I agree with you.

I encourage you to go to http://www.studylight.org/commentaries/rsc/view.cgi?bk=mt&ch=24&vs=4#4.

It is one of the most informative and correctly written commentaries that you will ever read. It will help you in understanding the Word of God.

I for one am not a betting man.

I am always for the SURE thing. That is why I believed upon the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. HE IS THE SURE THING.

Having said that I then placed my faith in the Word of God and I believe the WORD of God and the Word of God.

During the life of the Apostle Paul, there was a "letter" being circulated through out the Churches as coming from Paul himself. It was a "forged" letter, with Paul own name being forged as coming from him. The Apostle writes back to the Church s and dis spells what was being said in this letter. The Churches were in confusion thinking that the "day of the Lord" had already come, and now the Church was going to go through the tribulation. Paul reassures the Church s that this was not true.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Verse 1 Paul discloses that there are two things that are going to happen. (1) the day of Jesus Christ in which Jesus returns in flaming vengeance as it is described in chapter 1:7-8

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

(2) and the gathering together of his Church to himself. (the rapture)

The day of Christ in which Jesus comes in "vengeance" will NOT happen until two things happen. (1) there has to be a "falling away" first. The word "falling away" actually means "a departure". The first six Bibles ever translated into English used this word. There must be a departure first before the man of sin is revealed.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5
Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The man of sin can not be revealed until he that "withholdeth", and until "he" who now "letteth" it taken out of the way.
The "he" is the Church. The Church is the only thing holding back the man of sin from being revealed as he is the body of Christ where the Holy Spirit dwells.
Paul referred to the Church as "he" a man....

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

(2) The 2 thing that must happen before the second advent of Christ to this earth is the revealing of the man of sin, (the Antichrist) by this time the Church is already gone.

Pretty sure praying in tongues is not the only way to survive the above as not all Christians pray in tongues.

If a Christian is praying in the only language known to him/her and not in tongues God will hear that person none the less.

It is my belief that you can pay in the only language you know and the Holy Spirit still intercedes on our behalf.

1. Who is a believer? How do you define that compared to whom Jesus would himself define a believer?
2. "The Church" shall be beamed up to escape... who are THE church? The Catholics? Protestants? Eastern Orthodox? Lutherans? Methodists?
Jehovah Witnesses? Anglicans? Does Jesus share the same definition of THE church as Americans?
3. Why should Christians throughout the world, principally in the Middle East, Indonesia, Pakistan and India, communist countries and elsewhere, suffer high levels of persecution (often unto death ), and yet Americans believe that none of this will come upon them. No persecution, but heavenly escape??
Wishful thinking and extremely unscriptural.

"Who is a believer" & "Who are THE church?" The answer is the same. The church relates not to any denomination, but to the body of believers as a whole. Some denominations, because of their teaching and faithfulness may have a greater portion of true believers, but belonging to any particular denomination doesn't mean being saved. The Bible recognizes that there are those that have shared in the social life of a church, and have participated in the good works of that church, but they have never come to a saving relationship with Christ. These will find that their membership is of less currency when we stand before The Judge.

As far as why Americans believe that persecution will spare them (and I am not here writing about the rapture), I cannot say WHY. I do feel that we have been given unmerited favor, it may not last; but that does not mean that I think God has singled out this country as particularly deserving of protection. As I look at history, both Biblical history and recent world history, I do see that many times of persecution lasted generations, and those that lived through those times may wonder why. All I can say is that God's purpose is not to give us a comfortable life, or even adhere to a principle of equality; but to bring glory to Him. I believe, and here is my speculation, not specifically backed up by scripture) that God is an active God. When we are with Him, we will not be idly playing harps and polishing halos, but God will have the next task waiting for us. It is His purpose to prepare us for that task. Just as when I went through basic training in the military, I was given "unfair" and "unwarranted" tasks to perform, some beyond other recruits in my unit, but the purpose was to instill an attitude of following instructions without judging the instructor.

All christians will undergo persecution. All christians go through trials and tribulation, it is this endurance to the end that proves we are christians. refiners fire. I have no idea why some americans or westerners have made up a doctrine in which they will be exempt.

The sun shines and the rain falls on the righteous and wicked alike.

When I was in the Air Force I was stationed in upstate New York. We were the home of a B-52 bomber wing and we were told in orientation that we were one of the bases targeted by the USSR and if the alarm were to go off, to get to shelter. I said something like "I'm going to run to the center of the flight line and catch it, 'cause no one in a 12-mile radius was going to survive." While evil happens to His, He's gonna take His out of the way when the tribulation beings. Watch for the Two Witnesses. If you see them at the temple mount, I'm wrong and the trib has started. The covenant with the AC and the arrival of the Two Witness is the beginning. When the Two Witness are killed 1260 days later, then 1260 days from then Jesus returns. It's all spelled out clear as black and white.

um we will still be on earth though. In a safe place for sure but still on earth...and still have to endure and go through it.
I don't get why americans have this left behind theory in which Jesus comes and nobody sees him, and christians mysteriously vanish like smoke. It's so plain in scripture that every eye will see..and also that many are going to be martyred for their faith. Esp those that refuse the mark of the beast. We all need to be prepared for this and to die for our faith because death is NOT the end for those that believe.

um we will still be on earth though. In a safe place for sure but still on earth...and still have to endure and go through it.
I don't get why americans have this left behind theory in which Jesus comes and nobody sees him, and christians mysteriously vanish like smoke. It's so plain in scripture that every eye will see..and also that many are going to be martyred for their faith. Esp those that refuse the mark of the beast. We all need to be prepared for this and to die for our faith because death is NOT the end for those that believe.
The ones that are behind and dealing with the Antichrist are those that became saved after the rapture. To me this is plain as day in the Scriptures.

And it just isn't Americans that believe this. You have something against Americans?

During the life of the Apostle Paul, there was a "letter" being circulated through out the Churches as coming from Paul himself. It was a "forged" letter, with Paul own name being forged as coming from him. The Apostle writes back to the Church s and dis spells what was being said in this letter. The Churches were in confusion thinking that the "day of the Lord" had already come, and now the Church was going to go through the tribulation. Paul reassures the Church s that this was not true.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Verse 1 Paul discloses that there are two things that are going to happen. (1) the day of Jesus Christ in which Jesus returns in flaming vengeance as it is described in chapter 1:7-8

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

(2) and the gathering together of his Church to himself. (the rapture)

The day of Christ in which Jesus comes in "vengeance" will NOT happen until two things happen. (1) there has to be a "falling away" first. The word "falling away" actually means "a departure". The first six Bibles ever translated into English used this word. There must be a departure first before the man of sin is revealed.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5
Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The man of sin can not be revealed until he that "withholdeth", and until "he" who now "letteth" it taken out of the way.
The "he" is the Church. The Church is the only thing holding back the man of sin from being revealed as he is the body of Christ where the Holy Spirit dwells.
Paul referred to the Church as "he" a man....

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

(2) The 2 thing that must happen before the second advent of Christ to this earth is the revealing of the man of sin, (the Antichrist) by this time the Church is already gone.

The only thing I would question is the thought that the "restrainer" In Thessalonians is the Church. My observation is that the Church has no power to do anything at all. It did nothing in WW1, it did nothing in WW2, it has done nothing to limit abortion or homosexuality or murder or divorce.

IMO the "restrainer" is the Holy Spirit, the person..."HE" of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is indwelled in the hearts of believers which is the church and when the Rapture takes place "HE" will be leaving as well opening the door for the A/C to be revealed.

Well, I hope all you rapture believers have a 'Plan B' - coz your're gonna need it.

I have nothing against Americans - it is just that the Rapture fantasy is a peculiarly American Evangelical doctrine - in Australia very few churches teach or promote this. We pretty well expect to hold onto our faith and suffer it through to the Last Day, as the Scriptures teach us to.
Good luck to you all - send us a postcard.

The Two Witnesses have always been and are 1) the Word of God, and 2.) the Holy Spirit - both of which attest to the truth of Jesus Christ and the gospel.

So you do not accept the Bible account of the 2 witnesses as being 2 very real men of God?

Revelation 11:3-12...... (NKJV)
And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they ascended to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them.

Please explain these Scriptures and what they mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back