Willful sin....

Note: To whom it may concern, the following is not a copy and paste of someone's work but has been typed in the last couple of days on Word by my own fingers in Christ Jesus. Thank you for reading and considering!

The “works of God” are to be made manifest in us when we hear His voice. We are to bring forth the fruit of righteousness. We are to believe on Him whom He has SENT…which is the “work of God.”

John 6:27-29 KJV
(27) Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
(28) Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
(29) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

We are to hear His voice and DO GOOD and not evil towards what we hear. As repeatedly said in Revelation, he that has ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. We are not to resist what we hear the Spirit saying. He shall open up the Scriptures to our understanding through “strangers” whom He shall send out who will speak what they hear the Spirit of Truth saying. As Jesus says: “He that heareth you heareth me”.

Luke 10:16 KJV
(16) He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

He SENDS His disciples out to preach the good Word of God to our ears and we are to hear and believe and be hospitable….showing brotherly love…towards those brothers (strangers, least brothers of His) so that we may enter into His understanding….to grow in the knowledge of God. We are to receive our “sight” from the Son of God….receiving the knowledge of God…so that we may truly know Him who is true and depart from the power of darkness that has ruled over us in the denominations of men where there is no knowledge of God being preached.

John 9:7 KJV
(7) And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

It is a “knowledge thing” as well….for the Lord puts His laws into our hearts AND in our minds will He writes them.

Hebrews 10:16-18 KJV
(16) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(17) And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
(18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

IF we continue to sin willfully…continuing to speak evil of what we hear: the FULL knowledge of the Truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. We are to DO the Truth that is in the heart as we receive the KNOWLEDGE of that Truth by His opening up of the Scriptures to our minds. We are to be a DOER of the engrafted Word to have love for one another when we hear His voice. We are ready know how to have love for each other as God has already manifested this in all men's hearts. God is love.

Hebrews 10:26-33 KJV
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
(28) He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Why trodden down the Son of God (by speaking evil of those SENT to preach His words of life and spirit)? Those who will do such things will hear the knowledge of the Truth and NOT BELIEVE in what they will hear and will not show love toward those sent by Him.

We are to have brotherly love for them….keeping the “blood of the covenant”. We are not to treat the blood of the covenant wherein we are sanctified as an “unholy”thing….that is, a common thing that is treated with a flippant attitude. As Jesus loved us and gave His life for us ,we are to also “lay down our lives” for each other and have brotherly love….keeping the “daily” sacrifice in all situations with reverence for God.

Why do despite unto the Spirit of grace….the breath that speaks with grace to our ears? Why speak evil when one speaks kindness to us with the breath of grace?

(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

We are to be “illuminated”. We are to have the “eyes of our understanding” enlightened to the full KNOWLEDGE of the Truth. We shall be persecuted by those who will not do the “works of God”…to believe in Him who is SENT and have brotherly love which is a major part of the believing. Believing is DOING His commandments and so enter into His understanding…growing in the knowledge of God. Outside the understanding will be those who will not do His commandments. They will not enter in to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God as they will not believe and behave badly towards what they hear.

(32) But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
(33) Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

Much people are to be gathered together to hear the Son of God in this coming time. They are to hear what the Spirit is saying and DO His Word….His Saying: have love for one another.

Luke 8:4-5 KJV
(4) And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable:

Some will hear and trodden it down and the “fowls of the air”…that is, their evil words that will “fly” out of their mouths…will devour it.

(5) A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

They will hear the mysteries of the kingdom of God but will not enter in because of their unbelief. They will not receive what they hear in their hearts where His Word shall be taken away. They will not DO His commandments so that they may believe and be saved in the here and now. They will instead trodden down the Son of God and misbehave in their words by speaking evil of those SENT by Him to preach His words of life and spirit.

Luke 8:10-12 KJV
(10) And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
(11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
(12) Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

We are not to let the “fowls of the air” devour His Word in our hearts. Instead, we are to be swift to hear and SLOW TO SPEAK and slow to wrath. The “devil” comes to take away the Word out of the hearts of the unbelievers….the WRATH of man does NOT work the righteousness of God.

James 1:18-22 KJV
(18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
(19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
(20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

We are not to let the “fowls of the air” come to devour His Word. These are the evil WORDS that will come hastily out of the mouths of those who will not believe in what they hear….the knowledge of God…the mysteries of the kingdom of God. We are to receive with meekness the engrafted Word and lay apart all of the bad things that will want to come out of our mouths at what we hear.

(21) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

We are to be DOERS of the Word….the Saying: have love for one another as He loved us and gave His life for us. We are to keep the “blood of the covenant” with all reverence and serve God with fear for He is a consuming fire. We are to be DOERS of the Word and not hearers only. Let us not deceive our own hearts for those who do His righteousness is of God and those who do not righteousness are not of God. Do not be deceived into thinking that we are "alive": faith WITHOUT good works is dead.

(22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

We are to receive His words into our hearts and not keep it by the wayside where it is trampled down. Don’t let the “fowls of the air” come to devour the Word from our hearts. If any man seem to be religious and does not bridle his own tongue, but deceives his own heart, that man’s religion is empty. The Word is not found in His heart for he is forgetting to do it. He is a forgetful hearer and not a DOER of the Word as he will speak evil of what he hears the Spirit saying.

James 1:26 KJV
(26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

When men speak evil words against another…it is with an “unclean spirit”…the unclean breath of man that comes out of the abyss of their hearts where wrath resides. With the exhaling of that wrathful breath from the heart full of anger, the tongue forms evil words and speaks into the air those words which travels to the ears of their brothers whom they will not show love towards.

And as intended recipients of their evil speaking, we are not to return evil against those who will speak evil towards us. The unclean breath that goes out of a man who does not bridle his tongue will not find a place to “rest” upon if we do not render evil for their evil. It will instead return to the place where it came out of and will find the heart “empty” of the Word to have love for another as they will deceive their own hearts (it is empty, swept and garnished). The last state of that man is worse than the first for they will wax

Matthew 12:43-45 KJV
(43) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
(44) Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
(45) Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Those who will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution by those evil men who shall wax worse and worse as they deceive their own hearts and not bridle their tongues.

2 Timothy 3:12-14 KJV
(12) Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
(13) But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
(14) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

This is what the problem with the church in “Sardis” will have. “Sardis” meaning “red ones” will react in their wrath by speaking evil of what they hear. They will be “red” with a heart FULL OF WRATH. They will trample down others by prating against them with malicious words defiling their garments . Their works will not be found perfect before God. We are to be holy as He is holy…..at ALL times.

Faith WITHOUT good works is DEAD as the body without the spirit is dead. We must NOT deceive our hearts into thinking otherwise. He that does righteousness is of God and he that does not His righteousness is not of God but of the wicked one. Remember how Cain did NOT overcome his wrath after he was instructed to “do well” so that he may be accepted.

We profess our faith in our good works towards the brothers who will be sent out to preach the full knowledge of God. The “dead” church will speak hastily against what they will hear in their wrath. We are to awake to His righteousness and not deceive our own hearts. (1 Corinthians 15: 34: Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.)

The wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God. (James 1:20 KJV: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God).

Revelation 3:1-6 KJV
(1) And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
(2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

But they are counseled to REMEMBER His Word to have love for each other. We are to “hold fast”
and change our minds (repent) and DO His Word. He will come on them as a thief if they are a forgetful hearer of the Word….not DOING His Word. They…the “red ones” of wrath… will speak evil of those sent out by Him as He shall find us “sleeping” in our wrath and trampling others down.

(3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
(4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The wrath of man does NOT work the righteousness of God. We must OVERCOME so that He will not blot out our names out of the book of life.

Cain was full of wrath (Sardis = red ones= full of wrath) but was counseled to not let sin rule over him. When our hearts are full of wrath, we are in danger of speaking with our mouths evil words. “Sin lies at the door” of our mouths. We are instead to do well towards what we hear and not be hasty to speak the evil in our hearts. We must overcome the wrath and do well so that we may be accepted.

Genesis 4:6-10 KJV
(6) And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
(7) If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

But as the word “Cain” means “spear”, there will be those who will use their tongues to “spear” their brothers with as they will prate against them with malicious words. They will “slay” those who will “talk” with them His words of life and spirit. Cain “rose up” against Abel his brother. He exalted himself ….desiring to be seen as wise in his pride….and used his mouth to “kill” his brother….willful sin AFTER he had been instructed to overcome his wrath.

(8) And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

They will treat the “blood of the covenant” as an unholy thing as they will not have brotherly love in their evil speaking. “Abel” means “vain, empty”…as they call their brothers “fools” for speaking His knowledge of the Truth in their ears.

(9) And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
(10) And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

“Killing” a brother is speaking evil of him. Whoever is angry with his brother without a cause (as Cain was), shall be in danger of the judgment. That anger starts in our hearts….and we are in DANGER because that anger will want to come out of our mouths towards our brother. Sin lies at the door of our mouths wanting to rule over us….but we are to overcome. They will call their brothers fools…..empty heads. It is no coincidence that “Abel” means “empty, vain”…for that is where we start getting in big trouble because now the tongue…the weaker vessel…wants to speak.

Matthew 5:21-26 KJV
(21) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
(22) But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
(23) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

Cain’s sacrifice was not respected by God. We are to be FIRST reconciled to our brothers so that we are accepted. IF we do well, won’t we be accepted also? Yes, we will as told to Cain from the very beginning.

(24) Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God…the Judge of all men.

(25) Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
(26) Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

When lust has conceived in our hearts, it brings forth sin….evil speaking. And when “it is finished”, it brings forth death…for there is no more sacrifice for continued, willful sin.

James 1:15-16 KJV
(15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
(16) Do not err, my beloved brethren.

We are not to add drunkenness to thirst….speaking evil in the drunkenness of the wine of wrath towards a brother who “thirsts” for a “cup of cold water”….a welcoming response.

John 19:28-30 KJV
(28) After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

A heart full of wrath is a “vessel” that will be full of “vinegar”…sour wine. A heart full of wrath is in danger of speaking evil against a brother sent by Him to preach His words of life and spirit.

(29) Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

There is no more sacrifice for willful sins if we continue to speak evil of another out of a heart that is full of wrath…putting the “vinegar” to the mouth of those who “thirst”.

(30) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Willful, continued sin is defined by continuing to speak evil of a brother after being warned twice by those who are sent by Him to preach His words.

Matthew 18:15-17 KJV
(15) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
(16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
(17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican

A man is in continued willful sin after being admonished after 2 times by those SENT by Him to preach to their ears the Word of Truth...

Titus 3:9-11 KJV
(9) But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
(10) A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

(11) Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Again, Paul shows us what "willful, continued sin" is. Those who continue to sin...speak evil of a brother...after the second time shall not be spared the third time as Jesus shall come upon us for our judgment.

2 Corinthians 13:1-6 KJV
(1) This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

We can not continue to sin after being warned twice for it will be willful sin....

(2) I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

The unbelievers will not think that is is Christ speaking in us.....which is not weak but powerfully real...

(3) Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

(4) For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

We are to examine ourselves whether we are in the faith. We are to prove ourselves by showing our faith in GOOD WORKS toward Christ speaking in those "least brothers" of His.

(5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
(6) But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Let us not quench the Spirit but be filled with what it is saying to us. Let us not be “drunk” with the “vinegar”…the sour wine of wrath but instead be filled with what the Spirit is saying to our ears. Let us bring forth the fruits of the Spirit.

Ephesians 5:17-21 KJV
(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Let us REJOICE in what we hear the Spirit saying and make melody in our hearts and give thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:19-23 KJV
(19) Quench not the Spirit.
(20) Despise not prophesyings.
(21) Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
(22) Abstain from all appearance of evil.
(23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God. We must overcome and not let sin rule over the door of our mouths by speaking evil in our hastiness. If we do well, then we shall also be accepted…that is, be exalted by Him.

Genesis 4:7 KJV
(7) If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Cain “rose up” against his brother and used the “spear” …the meaning of “Cain”…to slay his brother. He exalted himself in his wrath to speak evil of his brother which he consider a “fool”…an empty-headed fool who spoke empty things. But we are counseled to humble ourselves in His sight so that we may be “accepted”…that is, exalted by Him.

James 4:10-12 KJV
(10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

We are not to speak evil of another…our brother “Abel”. We are not to see ourselves “wise” and be judge, jury and executioner of our brother who will be sent to preach His Word to our ears. We are to be slow to wrath and slow to speak.

(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest anothe
r?

We are to hear and REJOICE.

“Gaius” ….meaning “rejoice, happy”….is symbolic of all men who will receive the “strangers” that will be sent out to the churches in this coming time to preach the good Word of God in truth and sincerity. “Gaius” will believe and rejoice in the hearing of the Word of God and will not resist what the Spirit is saying.

3 John 1:1-12 KJV
(1) The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
(2) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

They will walk in the Truth as they will show brotherly love towards those who will be sent by Him….the “Elder”….the Firstborn of many brothers. They will walk in love showing that they are the true children of God. No one who is born of God will sin against what they will hear and “crucify” the Son of God afresh by publicly berating those sent to preach His words of life and spirit.

(3) For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
(4) I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

They will show brotherly love ….to brothers….and to “STRANGERS”.

(5) Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

Those sent by Him shall bear witness of their brotherly love before the “church”….before that heavenly “church”…before all of the biblical saints….before the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven.

(6) Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:

Hebrews 10:26-33 KJV
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
(28) He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Why trodden down the Son of God (by speaking evil of those SENT to preach His words of life and spirit)? Those who will do such things will hear the knowledge of the Truth and NOT BELIEVE in what they will hear and will not show love toward those sent by Him.

We are to have brotherly love for them….keeping the “blood of the covenant”. We are not to treat the blood of the covenant wherein we are sanctified as an “unholy”thing….that is, a common thing that is treated with a flippant attitude. As Jesus loved us and gave His life for us ,we are to also “lay down our lives” for each other and have brotherly love….keeping the “daily” sacrifice in all situations with reverence for God.

Why do despite unto the Spirit of grace….the breath that speaks with grace to our ears? Why speak evil when one speaks kindness to us with the breath of grace?

(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Heb 10:26-33 is about unrepentant Jews in Israel, not about born again christians.

You present some good thoughts, Wheelz. However, in context (of Heb. 10), several commentaries teach that 'willful sinning' was an issue of newly born again Jews that were tempted to return to the 'old' way of worship... keeping law and sacrificial killing of
animals for covering of sin. Paul is stating that only Jesus' sacrifice can redeem the human
spirit and soul, and give spiritual life... not the common blood of animals. It's possible for today's Christians to also have misplaced trust.

Last edited:
You present some good thoughts, Wheelz. However, in context (of Heb. 10), several commentaries teach that 'willful sinning' was an issue of newly born again Jews that were tempted to return to the 'old' way of worship... keeping law and sacrificial killing of
animals for covering of sin. Paul is stating that only Jesus' sacrifice can redeem the human
spirit and soul, and give spiritual life... not the common blood of animals. It's possible for today's Christians to also have misplaced trust.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments.

In (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

In (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.
In context of Hebrews 10, is seems general sin is not what is being referred to... but rather, the deliberate specific sin of not trusting Jesus' atoning work, by reverting back to Judaism. Vs 25 exhorts the believers not to forsake gathering together. It's this thought, in context, that implies that there were those who did not 'hold fast their confession' (vs 23) and left them that did... returning to faith in the blood of bulls and goats.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments.

In (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

I totally agree with your comments . Plus you gave bible quote to back up your belief. Well done.

In context of Hebrews 10, is seems general sin is not what is being referred to... but rather, the deliberate specific sin of not trusting Jesus' atoning work,

? That sounds silly. How can 'not trusting' be a sin? Care to better explain please.

vs 29 Trampled underfoot = trampled underfoot.

Last edited:
? That sounds silly. How can 'not trusting' be a sin? Care to better explain please.

vs 29 Trampled underfoot = trampled underfoot.
Are you serious? What I've posted is clear. It's faith in Jesus' atoning work
that saves... not faith in the blood of bulls and goats, or in any other work.

In context of Hebrews 10, is seems general sin is not what is being referred to... but rather, the deliberate specific sin of not trusting Jesus' atoning work, by reverting back to Judaism. Vs 25 exhorts the believers not to forsake gathering together. It's this thought, in context, that implies that there were those who did not 'hold fast their confession' (vs 23) and left them that did... returning to faith in the blood of bulls and goats.

Lets take a closer look and see what Paul says in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you.
I think much more than '...no more animals are going to die for you' is being said.
(They were nothing but a shadow of the true substance- Jesus and His obedient
sacrificial death).

The law was meant only to show humankind their need for God, and that they are
completely unable to keep it apart from God's own life enabling them. The giving
of this life is what makes the New Covenant a better one. His law is written on our
hearts, and His life lives it out... through us. It's faith in Jesus' work that brings
life, not faith in the dead works of human effort and common blood of animals.
Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments...
I think the greater danger for those who truly have the life of God enabling
them to live is falling into self righteousness. Paul warned in Galatians not
to 'try to finish in the flesh, what was began in the Spirit'. ( Gal. 3:3~ 'Are ye so
foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?'
)

It's all and only about Jesus. The only sin that sends you to hell is disbelief. We're all on the path to hell from Adam's sin. Along the path there are signs of a new path to life. If ignored, death is at the end of our birth path. Jesus came to create a path for us to follow in His example. If we choose not to follow His way then death. It's all about Jesus and faith of the heart.

Correct. Hebrews 6 and 10 is only speaking of "ONE" sin. Those who have tasted the good things of God, seen the power of God, and turn around and trample the covanent calling it a unworthy thing, going back to worshiping their god in their own way.

Just ONE SIN, and it's willful and deliberate acts of not wanting Jesus anymore Ignoring the Holy Spirit by which they were sealed.

However, Wheelz had some other good things in His post.

Just ONE SIN, and it's willful and deliberate acts of not wanting Jesus anymore Ignoring the Holy Spirit by which they were sealed.

The book of Hebrews as nothing to do with born again Christians sealed in the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews is a Jewish gospel coming strictly from a Jewish perspective and (Judaism).

The Holy Spirit - God rescues the Godly (2 Peter 2:9)
The Holy Spirit convicts us of righteousness (John 16:8-11)
The Holy Spirit teaches us (1 Cor 2:12-16) (John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit comforts and helps us (John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit is with us forever (John 14:16) (Matt 28:20)

The book of Hebrews as nothing to do with born again Christians sealed in the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews is a Jewish gospel coming strictly from a Jewish perspective and (Judaism).

The Holy Spirit - God rescues the Godly (2 Peter 2:9)
The Holy Spirit convicts us of righteousness (John 16:8-11)
The Holy Spirit teaches us (1 Cor 2:12-16) (John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit comforts and helps us (John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit is with us forever (John 14:16) (Matt 28:20)

Heb 10:23-26 kjva 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 6:4-6 kjva 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Ah, so those Jewish folks filled with the Holy Spirit and told not to forsake the gathering of themselves where not really born again.

This is the Jewish Gospel................... Good News to the Jews who are not really born again if they are filled with the Holy Ghost.

I got it............ Man, I wish I was smart just like you. Thank you for correcting me. I don't even know what I was thinking.

Amazing.

Heb 6:4-6 kjva 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Well, you have to study the words 'tasted', 'heavenly gift' and 'fall away' to interpret the meaning of the passage.

(1) Tasted is referring to a momentary experience as in akin to Jesus’ “tasting” death (Hebrews 2:9).

(2) This brief experience with the heavenly gift is not seen as equivalent to salvation; rather, it is likened to the second and third soils in Jesus’ parable (Matthew 13:3-23), which describes people who receive the truth of the gospel but are not truly saved.

(3) And fallen away is used to describe religious Christians who were never born again.

(4) Not everyone who calls themselves Christians are born again. Even the devil knows God...

Rom 1:18-32
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Well, you have to study the words 'tasted', 'heavenly gift' and 'fall away' to interpret the meaning of the passage.

(1) Tasted is referring to a momentary experience as in akin to Jesus’ “tasting” death (Hebrews 2:9).

(2) This brief experience with the heavenly gift is not seen as equivalent to salvation; rather, it is likened to the second and third soils in Jesus’ parable (Matthew 13:3-23), which describes people who receive the truth of the gospel but are not truly saved.

(3) And fallen away is used to describe religious Christians who were never born again.

(4) Not everyone who calls themselves Christians are born again. Even the devil knows God...

Rom 1:18-32
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

What I do know is that your goofy eternal salvation doctrine "OSAS" gets in your way of undestanding a whole lot of scriptures. Reading something through the doctrines of men, will continue to keep you in confusion.

The People in Hebrews were partakers of the Holy Spirit. I gave you the scripture.

Only those who can call God their father in Heaven are qualified to get the Holy Spirit and partake with him.

To say the book of Hebrews was a Jewish Gospel means you had to go way out in left field to view scriptures through your clouded eternal salvation doctrine.

I suggest you can your "OSAS" doctrine. This will stop you from sounding like a lunitic when explaining scriptures.

Don't say down the Road you were not told.

Only those who can call God their father in Heaven are qualified to get the Holy Spirit and partake with him.

Incorrect. You're not understanding. Enlightened, tasted and shared is referring to knowing the truth of God, but falling away from God. Rom 1:18-32. Falling away is a term that describes apostates. Apostates and born again Christians are polar opposite people. Let me ask you, if Heb 6:4-6 says it's impossible to repent then why does the Holy Spirit convict, teach, comfort and never leave us if we can't repent? Contradictory, no?

What does Heb 6:4-8, Matt 13:1-23 and Rom 11:11-24 have in common?
1. Farmer / Crop/ Seed / Soil / Thorns and Thistles / Root

Heb 6:4-8 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

Matt 13:1-23 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

10The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” 11He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

16But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it. 18“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

THEY HAVE NO ROOT - Matt 13:21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
THE LORD IS OUR ROOT/THE ROOT SUPPORTS YOU - Rom 11:11-24 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!
BRANCH BROKEN BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF - Rom 11:20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief.

13I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

- Mr. Lunitic

I think much more than '...no more animals are going to die for you' is being said.
(They were nothing but a shadow of the true substance- Jesus and His obedient
sacrificial death).

The law was meant only to show humankind their need for God, and that they are
completely unable to keep it apart from God's own life enabling them. The giving
of this life is what makes the New Covenant a better one. His law is written on our
hearts, and His life lives it out... through us. It's faith in Jesus' work that brings
life, not faith in the dead works of human effort and common blood of animals.

I think the greater danger for those who truly have the life of God enabling
them to live is falling into self righteousness. Paul warned in Galatians not
to 'try to finish in the flesh, what was began in the Spirit'. ( Gal. 3:3~ 'Are ye so
foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?'
)

Now it was also said by Paul in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy?

Wow - you guys can twist anything into a pretzel....

What Wheelz was getting at was that the author of Hebrews was wrapping back around to Numbers 15:30-31... There's a clear difference in The Law between "Presumtuous, Intentional" sin and "Tresspass" - unintentional sin...

See... For something to be "Presumptuous and Intentional" - you had to KNOW what the truth really was... and you had to be intentionally doing the opposite on purpose....

So, to go back to Hebrews....
When you have The Holy Spirit upon you - who is guiding you into all truth.... And YOU KNOW the Holy Spirit IS GUIDING you into a specific truth - and you are INTENTIONALLY making the decision to do the opposite AND claiming God's divine Guidance for That decision (To do the opposite of what you KNOW the Spirit is leading you to do) - what help is there for you then?

The Author of Hebrews states that there is no repentance from this... but WHY NOT? Because true repentance is granted by The Lord.... How can you have God's true repentance when you have made a conscious decision to cast off The Holy Spirit? You can't make yourself give up on your own self-will because all you have left is Self-will.... and self-willing yourself into God's will doesn't work.

Thanks

1 John_3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John_5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

One of the reasons why Jesus drew such large crowds when he taught is because every one likes being in the presence of God. The anointing on a person proclaiming the Gospel causes the "rain" of the Holy Spirit to fall on all that are present. This rain falls on the just and the unjust for God is no respecter of persons.
All are being made partakers of the Holy Spirit, all are tasting of the powers of the world to come even though many are not saved. Knowing the way to salvation does not make a person saved. They must exercise that power that the Word gives, which is faith.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Heb 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
Heb 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Verses 7, and 8 ties verses 4-6 together to summer rise what is being said in verses 4-6
In exactly the same way as rain waters the plants on earth, weather they be good plants or just weeds, the same rain waters them both. The rain is always good!
The rain of the Holy Spirit also waters the seeds weather they be good or bad. What determines the fruit that the rain waters is the "seed". If the seed was bad it will always produce thorns which end is to be burned. If the "seed" is good it will always produce good fruit. The Child of God who has been born of the incorruptible "seed" of the Word of God will always produce good fruit, because the fruit produced does not come from the "person" but from the "seed" which is the Word of God!!!!

Last edited:
Back