Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say lies are part of the will of God. I guess any sin you do is the will of God, so tell me again what separated us from God to begin with? Was it's Satan lies to Adam and Eve. What I'm learning here is nothing I want or need to know about fellow Christians. Some of whom I had a better opinion of than I do now. Truth is a basic plank of my faith, and I'm sorry that you don't share it. The only times I have ever lied was against God's will, relying on my own abilities. God is truth not lies in a good cause. I take no joy or pride in this dialogue and I leave it disappointed that those who think lies are the will of God heap scorn and mockery, twisting scripture, on top of those who disagree with them. Attacking people doesn't make you right nor does calling them boastful. To say that implies that you already know lies are wrong and not a part of God's will. Or His love. But then you know better than I and all of scripture.

Silk, I know what you are feeling, the same here. I really dislike this kind of discussing scripture. Truth revealed will always find apposition to knowledge discovered only through logic, and reason. Even though it is troubling it is needful, not only for those who participate, but also for those who wonder here to only read these things. Truth nevers returns void.

An observation on “hypothetical question” scenario…

Normally, a reader will read the question at FACE value…

That is: the question will unquestionably, surely, definitely, without a doubt: will SAVE

just a thought....

Last edited:
You say lies are part of the will of God. I guess any sin you do is the will of God, so tell me again what separated us from God to begin with? Was it's Satan lies to Adam and Eve. What I'm learning here is nothing I want or need to know about fellow Christians. Some of whom I had a better opinion of than I do now. Truth is a basic plank of my faith, and I'm sorry that you don't share it. The only times I have ever lied was against God's will, relying on my own abilities. God is truth not lies in a good cause. I take no joy or pride in this dialogue and I leave it disappointed that those who think lies are the will of God heap scorn and mockery, twisting scripture, on top of those who disagree with them. Attacking people doesn't make you right nor does calling them boastful. To say that implies that you already know lies are wrong and not a part of God's will. Or His love. But then you know better than I and all of scripture.
I said to love and to save innocent life are the will of God. Not to preach to others a standard one does not keep themselves, God hates hypocrisy!

That is: the question will unquestionably, surely, definitely, without a doubt: will SAVE

just a thought....
Right ...then they play the game where they can try to judge others...:rolleyes:

Silk, I know what you are feeling, the same here. I really dislike this kind of discussing scripture. Truth revealed will always find apposition to knowledge discovered only through logic, and reason. Even though it is troubling it is needful, not only for those who participate, but also for those who wonder here to only read these things. Truth nevers returns void.
You failed to answer my last few questions...I believe you where trying to say that God controls your every action? Or at least that's what you was trying to teach to others. Right? As you and others have attempted to do on this thread, preaching a standard you do not keep yourself...which is hypocrisy!

just a thought....

aha, so what you are saying is......
You would unquestionably, surely, definitely, without a doubt lie!!

aha, so what you are saying is......
You would unquestionably, surely, definitely, without a doubt lie!!
You have already admitted that you lie? Who are you to judge anyone by a standard you do not keep yourself?

1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform;

I have lied many times even being a Christian
:eek:

1Jo 3:6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:

Last edited:
I have come to believe that there are situations where one must choose to follow one biblical command at the expense of another. For example, do you love your neighbor as yourself by lying to save them, or do you refrain from lying and send them to their deaths by either telling the truth or remaining silent.

I believe that certain commands supercede others, and that it's not a sin to break a command if in compliance with a higher command. Thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20:13), yet there is a time to kill, and a time to heal (Ecclesiastes 3:3). You must love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39), yet Jesus brandished a whip in the temple when chased out the money changers and merchants (John 2:14-16) [presumably] because He was following the great commandment, loving the Lord with all His heart, mind and soul (Matthew 22:37-38).

In my opinion, God judges the intentions of the heart, regardless of the actions that we take.

I've not read all #409 comments and to be certain I've not read even #1, but the title alone ranks up there with "Can God make a rock so big He can't pick it up?" (It's a rhetorical question - don't answer.)

Titus 3:9 (KJV)
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

I've not read all #409 comments and to be certain I've not read even #1, but the title alone ranks up there with "Can God make a rock so big He can't pick it up?" (It's a rhetorical question - don't answer.)

Titus 3:9 (KJV)
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

I believe that this is important because it applies to how we live our lives. These beliefs define our actions. What do you think, brother?

I believe that this is important because it applies to how we live our lives. These beliefs define our actions. What do you think, brother?
If folks can be honest about the issue and not attempt to promote hypocrisy or attempt to get other believers twisted in a conflict of conscience, for the sake of making a charge of sin, by the law? But be sure there are some on this thread that are trying to do that very thing!

When is it right to do wrong to do right? God always makes a way of escape. One just needs to learn to listen to God in their daily lives and these situation will be dealt with correctly.

Proverbs 3:6 (KJV)
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

The question is not if God would save a life, the question is the method he uses. If Christ is on the throne of a persons life, and not the old man who died on the cross with Christ, would Christ who is God lie? Can God lie. Would he lie at any time? Would he use wickedness so that good may come out of it. What if God lied to us and said there is no such a thing as sin. There is no Devil, and there definitely is no Hell, I just said all that to you freak you out, every one is saved, if it feels good do it, after all I made all things for you to enjoy, have fun guys, anything goes. Jesus did not have to come, because my lie saved you.

Rom 3:5 But if our unrighteousness brings out God's righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.)
Rom 3:6 Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world?
Rom 3:7 Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?"
Rom 3:8 Why not say--as some slanderously claim that we say--"Let us do evil that good may result"? Their condemnation is just!

The apostles were being slandered because of certain false brethren who was telling people that the Apostles were teaching "it is ok to do evil so that good may come out of it." These false brothers condemnation will be just. No where did the Apostles this kind of doctrine. If the Apostles were suffering not because they were teaching such false doctrine of doing evil so good may come out of it, but, they were suffering because they were speaking the truth. Truth will always bring persecution no matter who it comes from.

Lets look at this saying, " I would lie to save a life". The "I" is who? The "I" is you. The problem is the "I" died on the cross with Christ 2000 years ago and it is no longer "I" that liveth but Christ liveth in me. Now you can either choose to walk in the flesh and let the "I" rule and do its thing, or you can walk in the Spirit and let Christ work through you. If you choose the flesh then you would say, "I will lie to save a life" If you let Christ live through you he will never lie, no matter what the circumstances might be. He is much smarter than the "I" that can never do a righteous act. God can not lie, neither can Christ since he is God. Saying "I will lie to save a life" requires you to be a prophet, and you should be able to tell the end from the beginning which I know you can not. Not being able to guarantee your actions means you are speaking of things you have no idea what would happen. All things that do not come from faith is sin.

You completely ignored the comments made about the context and purpose of the 3 things that a lie was addresed to and instead posted whatever it is that you did about the "I".

Then you start to call me a prophet so that I would know what I would do. Don't you think that is nothing but a smoke screen to draw attention away from the error of your comments? I DO!

You are trying to be philosophical when in fact all that is required is a little common sense in what anyone would do in a certain situation. You are making something very simple TO ME to something that is not required, at least not to most people.

I think we are seeing two sides of the coin and I don't think anyone is wrong.. Just to be fair on everyone.. I don't think CCW or Silk is claiming they are being self righteous.. they are just taking a stand on what is the right thing do.. Does not mean, they would do that for sure!! They are not pharisees.. And everyone realizes our self righteousness is nothing but filthy rags :)

When a dear one (like own child) is in danger, would a person tell a lie to save the life? If anyone says they will not lie in that situation, is probably lying :) But the point is, is it correct to justify that telling lie is the right thing to do? Irrespective of different opinions, we are saved and made righteous only by blood of the Lamb.. Not by us telling a lie or not :) If we are so careful and allow us child to die by not telling a lie, we would disobey some other commands within the next 5 minutes!! May be we should put this topic to rest! Does not look good to see beloved brothers calling out each other..

You completely ignored the comments made about the context and purpose of the 3 things that a lie was addresed to and instead posted whatever it is that you did about the "I".

Then you start to call me a prophet so that I would know what I would do. Don't you think that is nothing but a smoke screen to draw attention away from the error of your comments? I DO!

You are trying to be philosophical when in fact all that is required is a little common sense in what anyone would do in a certain situation. You are making something very simple TO ME to something that is not required, at least not to most people.

Brother you either believe the truth or you don't it is really that simple. If you raise back to life the old man then how are you going to do the will of God? Common sense is the problem, we are not talking about common sense here it is spiritual understanding not head knowledge. The natural man can not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolish to him, neither can he know them for they are spiritually understood.

You have been listening? I have been in that situation...and while I heard alot of lies not one served to save an innocent life - only truth ever did that. You admit the situation in the OP is hypothetical and yet you claim because it is hypothetical, we don't know what will come out of us. But we do know which way is God's don't we? We who are opposed to lying, are boasting that we will follow God's way? Are we boasting because we all know it's the right way? Or is it boasting to say we will save the innocent with lies, because God's truth cannot? Up is down with you folks. And it is pride to refuse to give up a position when you know it is wrong. When you know you are upholding God's Word, it is not pride that keeps you there. It is faith. It saddens me that this is the majority view.

Generally, you and I have been in agreement in most everything. It seems however that we are not going to agree on this question as posted. I still love ya !!!

I think we are seeing two sides of the coin and I don't think anyone is wrong.. Just to be fair on everyone.. I don't think CCW or Silk is claiming they are being self righteous.. they are just taking a stand on what is the right thing do.. Does not mean, they would do that for sure!! They are not pharisees.. And everyone realizes our self righteousness is nothing but filthy rags :)

When a dear one (like own child) is in danger, would a person tell a lie to save the life? If anyone says they will not lie in that situation, is probably lying :) But the point is, is it correct to justify that telling lie is the right thing to do? Irrespective of different opinions, we are saved and made righteous only by blood of the Lamb.. Not by us telling a lie or not :) If we are so careful and allow us child to die by not telling a lie, we would disobey some other commands within the next 5 minutes!! May be we should put this topic to rest! Does not look good to see beloved brothers calling out each other..

I have to agree with my brother here. It seems that this would be a good time to put this to reast!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back