10 virgin parable

Status
Not open for further replies.
the foolish virgins lied and said their lamps had gone out. They hadn't even put oil in there in the first place!!!!!
But notice
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
So they must have had oil in their lamps to begin with. they just didn't take enough to see the distance.
But this is not something to get into an argument about, you both have good points and insights....IMO.

I believe every word of the word of God... YOU need to reread again...

Mat 25:8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’

To go out, it has to be lit... You all claim the authority of the word of God but you piecemeal it to fit your dogma rather than the very nuances given within the scriptures. The audience is HIS disciples! Have you no understanding? Why bother with a parable to Christians if there's no reason for loss!?

Matthew 25:13 (KJV)
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
This is clearly a warning for His return. People like you give pseudo-christians, and perpetual babies hope where there is none and void all the warnings just because some formulated words are uttered they're declare followers of Christ without actually having to follow Him!
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Who was Jesus speaking to when he said this? None of them were "born again" believers!!! What does Jesus now say to those who are "born again" believers through the Apostle Paul concerning the rapture?

1Th 5:2.. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3.. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4.. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5.. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

That day will NOT come as a surprise to those in Christ, because we have become children of the "light". Only those in darkness will be surprised!

What happened to the five foolish virgins? The Lord came when they did not expect him! Why, because they were the children of the darkness. Any one who Jesus does not know is in darkness. Which is exactly what Jesus said to the five foolish virgins.

Luke 21:36.. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Is there any prayer that you know of in the Bible that one can pray to be counted "worthy" to escape these things? There is only one!!!

Rom 10:9.. because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Every single person who has ever prayed this prayer is now "worthy" to escape this world, and to be apart of the rapture!!!
Jesus Christ is now their "righteousness" and he alone gives them the worthiness to enter and be apart of all that God has including the rapture!!

1Th 5:9.. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10.. who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him.
1Th 5:11.. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Last edited:
It was not until Jesus died, rose again, and then send the Holy Spirit before anybody really began to understood Jesus's teaching, concerning the return of Jesus for his Church. Which is why he spoke to them in the way he did.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Now that we are born again, and have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, we should fully understand what Jesus said concerning these things that were kept secret before the foundation of the world, but is now revealed to us in these latter days!!

Jesus spoke in parables. Those that have ears hear..its confusing for those who dont know Him.

Praying for you, abdicate.
Also, dont be like the foolish virgins who thought they could steal the holy spirit off other people. You need to ask God directly and he will freely give.

I'm watching the events slowly unfold here.
Please be considerate of other members before pressing that 'Post Reply' button.

Did Jesus ever tell His accompanying disciples that they must be born again?
Book chapter verse please?
Did Jesus ever travel alone? He was always explaining his teaching to his Apostles. All of the Apostles fully understood the term "born again".

Mar_4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

I don't believe you actually answered the question, but that is OK, because there is no passage that states that Jesus spoke in that way to His disciples.
Luk 10:17. The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!"
Luk 10:18. And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Luk 10:19. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.
Luk 10:20. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
Well, if their names are written up in heaven and they have been authorized to tread on serpents, they must be......what?
In connection with the ten virgins, Jesus did say,
Mat 25:13. Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
His parable, I figure He gets to say what it is about, not us.

I don't believe you actually answered the question, but that is OK, because there is no passage that states that Jesus spoke in that way to His disciples.
Luk 10:17. The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!"
Luk 10:18. And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Luk 10:19. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.
Luk 10:20. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
Well, if their names are written up in heaven and they have been authorized to tread on serpents, they must be......what?
In connection with the ten virgins, Jesus did say,
Mat 25:13. Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
His parable, I figure He gets to say what it is about, not us.

The seventy were not born again, even though Jesus gave them "authority", and their names were written in Heaven. The Old Testament Prophets were anointed with "authority" but were not born again. No body could receive a new heart until after Jesus died, and arose again from the dead, there by sending the Holy Spirit which is one of the agents needed for the new birth to happen.

Tit 3:5.. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6.. Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Having ones name in the Lambs book of life does not make that person born again, until they hear the Gospel, and then believe it.

Last edited:
That is your belief and I can respect your freedom to have it, but I ask in turn that you respect the countless other many who believe otherwise.

That is your belief and I can respect your freedom to have it, but I ask in turn that you respect the countless other many who believe otherwise.
Calvin, if you believe differently why not give scripture so we all can see why you believe what you do? Is that not why we are here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back