Adam, A Living Soul

When God created man, he started with the body which was made from the dust of the earth. So the container was the first to be created. In Scripture, it is called a temple, John 2:19, 21.
The word says that God breathed into Adams body, and Adam became a living soul. So, we have a body and a soul. The soul is made of the will, the mind and the motions. Adam was purely Soulish, first Corinthian's 15:45–46.

Did you notice that the first was not spiritual? Adam was a living soul, with no god–spirit.
Because God, who is a turtle breathed into Adams body, Adam soul is eternal also. The amplified Bible has something to say about God's man and eternity: " he has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in man's heart and minds, a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy, yet so that man cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end" Ecclesiastes 3:11.

Inside every human body dwells a soul that connects him with Almighty God. Some have chosen not to believe this or to be true, and so their souls are not satisfied by God. Others have believed and so by learning from God enter into rest well satisfied. Amen.
So, God breathed into Adams body, the body comes alive, and now Adam can think reason and have emotions. Adam Can now will. But Adam is a created being, he is not birthed of God. Adam is not a son to anyone. He is just an innocent, Soulish man.
When Adam sins it is a Soulish sin. He willed to sin against God, and here Satan's seed enters into Adam. Satan's seed makes Adam his child. Adam is spiritually dead.
He must be born again. So, now we have a body from the dust of the ground in a soul with the wisdom of the world and the spirit born of Satan. Those who are not reborn by the Spirit of God are still born by Satan. These have a mind Full of the wisdom of the world. They are led by the senses, the motions, the will of their father, Satan. The old man is born and will live in the lives of mankind until he understands that he was nailed to the cross of Christ in rendered powerless.

Did you notice that the first was not spiritual? Adam was a living soul, with no god–spirit.

Certainly Adam must of had a spirit, soul, and body or he would have been dead on arrival. The soul of man simply receives information from both the spiritual (his spirit), and physical realm so he can function in both worlds at the same time. Adam, and Eve both walked with God in the Garden in which they were both placed.
The difference between a "born again" Child of God, and in what Adam had is that God walked with Adam in a physical Garden, but as a born again child of God we are that garden, and God walks "inside" of us, not on the outside. We are God's garden.

Was not man created in the image of God? Then he is by creation a son of God .
But since the fall is BORN in the image of Adam ,"shapen in iniquity "
The image of God was lost or marred by sin.
For we are born in sin where man was once created in the image of God with no sin.
Self leads to Satan.
and we are or were if His ; by nature "children of disobedience " and "children of wrath"
Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost .
This included the image of God . For he being the "express image of the invisible God " is born in us who have received the gospel in faith .
and are "renewed daily in the image of Christ ."
When my son was born he bore my image .he bore my image because he came from me and i was his father . If I had not been his father he would not have born my image but the image of his true father .
For my wifes sake it should be known that I had no doubt that eh was my son . But the fact is that I did observe he bore my image and accepted him as my son.
When any man stands before God on that awful day of judgement he will not be so much condemned because he has sinned (for all have sinned) But because Christ is not IN Him. and he bares not the image of God . and is therefore unrecognisable as a son of God . "I Never knew you"
That 'knew' is akin to a husband knowing his wife as the Bible puts it .

We are born of a "corruptable seed" and needs must be BORN again " of an incorruptable seed which is the Word of God "
for if we are not we will ultimately bare the fruits of the seed of the serpent.
For every seed bringeth forth fruit after its own kind .
and it is by their fruits ye shall know them.

in Christ
gerald

Ye
Do you believe that Adam was just soul, and body? If so what part of him died when disobeyed God?

Yes, Body and Soul, with the ability to contain spirit.
It's not what died in him, its what he recieved, a (sin-death-life-nature) spirit, from satan. See OP

Was not man created in the image of God? Then he is by creation a son of God .
But since the fall is BORN in the image of Adam ,"shapen in iniquity "
The image of God was lost or marred by sin.
For we are born in sin where man was once created in the image of God with no sin.
Self leads to Satan.
and we are or were if His ; by nature "children of disobedience " and "children of wrath"
Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost .
This included the image of God . For he being the "express image of the invisible God " is born in us who have received the gospel in faith .
and are "renewed daily in the image of Christ ."
When my son was born he bore my image .he bore my image because he came from me and i was his father . If I had not been his father he would not have born my image but the image of his true father .
For my wifes sake it should be known that I had no doubt that eh was my son . But the fact is that I did observe he bore my image and accepted him as my son.
When any man stands before God on that awful day of judgement he will not be so much condemned because he has sinned (for all have sinned) But because Christ is not IN Him. and he bares not the image of God . and is therefore unrecognisable as a son of God . "I Never knew you"
That 'knew' is akin to a husband knowing his wife as the Bible puts it .

We are born of a "corruptable seed" and needs must be BORN again " of an incorruptable seed which is the Word of God "
for if we are not we will ultimately bare the fruits of the seed of the serpent.
For every seed bringeth forth fruit after its own kind .
and it is by their fruits ye shall know them.

in Christ
gerald[/QUOTE

Amen, you have said some good things, sound. To say that Adam was a created son is a far stretch of the Scriptures.
No where in the Scriptures can you find God creating a son.
He calls Lucifer "son of the morning" but that is for lack of a better word figurative because we know he was created.
A son must be birthed through the seed of a father.
There are two seeds in Genesis 3:15, that's what all of Scripture is dealing with.
How could Jesus crucify all in Adam at the cross, he did it by crucifying the seed, crushed (Bruised) its head.

I believe Adam received a spirit, a birthing in the fall. In another place in the scriptures Jesus tells the Pharisees "your of your father the devil."
You quoted the scripture children of wrath, disobedience.
Let me state again "a child comes by a birthing.
"and were by (nature) the children of wrath, even as others," EPh. 2:3.

Believers that fight the message of the mystery of "Christ in you the hope of glory" by a birthing, shoot themselves in the foot because the birthing is the key to our understanding that unlocks the Scriptures.

Before the fall . Life reigned IN Adam.
After death did .
But God had given man so much life that it took 800 odd years for that death that now reigned in him to manifest itself .
If God said in the day ye eat of that tree ye shall surely die .Then on the day they ate of it they died.
How did they die?
By being cut off from God as a tree the root of man is separated from God.
Man is a tri part being of mind body and spirit . If a man is dead in trespasses and sin then as he is still has a mind and a body and to all apearences still lives then it is his spirit that is dead .or he is spiritually cut off from God.
When a man is BORNagain HIS spirit quickens us or they that are joined to the Lord are of ONE Spirit .
A tree cut off at the roots will still 'live' for a while .But it is dead.in all but name.
Even as the roots of the fig tree were cursed by the Lord yet seemingly nothign happened .Thats because when a thing is cursed at the root it takes some time to manifest itself in the branched.
Not disputign at all about the two seeds .
But will simply say what the scriptured say If you sow one seed or the other they will bring forth fruit after its own kind.
If man was created in the image of God he can be said to be a son of God by creation.
Thou he was not a begotten son which if we are Christs we now are in Christ.

in Christ
gerald

Eternal, typo I have no edit button. I didnt catch that.

Is it not a pain when auto type presumes to type what you have not meant to type?

The thought that people who jump to conclusions never arrive at the truth ,seems in some cases applicable to machines or 'intelligent' phones or computers as well?

in Christ
gerald

S
Before the fall . Life reigned IN Adam.
After death did .
But God had given man so much life that it took 800 odd years for that death that now reigned in him to manifest itself .
If God said in the day ye eat of that tree ye shall surely die .Then on the day they ate of it they died.
How did they die?
By being cut off from God as a tree the root of man is separated from God.
Man is a tri part being of mind body and spirit . If a man is dead in trespasses and sin then as he is still has a mind and a body and to all apearences still lives then it is his spirit that is dead .or he is spiritually cut off from God.
When a man is BORNagain HIS spirit quickens us or they that are joined to the Lord are of ONE Spirit .
A tree cut off at the roots will still 'live' for a while .But it is dead.in all but name.
Even as the roots of the fig tree were cursed by the Lord yet seemingly nothign happened .Thats because when a thing is cursed at the root it takes some time to manifest itself in the branched.
Not disputign at all about the two seeds .
But will simply say what the scriptured say If you sow one seed or the other they will bring forth fruit after its own kind.
If man was created in the image of God he can be said to be a son of God by creation.
Thou he was not a begotten son which if we are Christs we now are in Christ.

in Christ
gerald[/QUOTE

Still have to disagree with sons being created. Thats ok, Like I said you are bringing in some very good points.

Is it not a pain when auto type presumes to type what you have not meant to type?

The thought that people who jump to conclusions never arrive at the truth ,seems in some cases applicable to machines or 'intelligent' phones or computers as well?

in Christ
gerald

Yea that was pretty bad one Turtle, really. I missed it, for some reason my edit button hasn't been appearing. For some odd reason that is all the message they see lol.
When I used to do alot of snail mail back in the day (clearing throat) I had a school teacher on my mailing list.
Well if you think my punctuation, spelling, etc. is bad now you should have seen it then.
I entered the ministry in the mid-80s, anyway she would send my letters back to me corrected. She would punctuate correctly, fix the spelling and politely correct me LOL. But I must say I did learn some from her mild scolding.

Yea that was pretty bad one Turtle, really. I missed it, for some reason my edit button hasn't been appearing. For some odd reason that is all the message they see lol.
When I used to do alot of snail mail back in the day (clearing throat) I had a school teacher on my mailing list.
Well if you think my punctuation, spelling, etc. is bad now you should have seen it then.
I entered the ministry in the mid-80s, anyway she would send my letters back to me corrected. She would punctuate correctly, fix the spelling and politely correct me LOL. But I must say I did learn some from her mild scolding.
That's why I love my PC! I hate the autocorrect and small keyboards. I thought it was really funny though. :D

I tried to think of why you would put that and how God is a turtle. The only thing that came to mind was, wherever God is, He's at home and patient. :)

'And you hath He quickened,
who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Wherein in time past ye walked
according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past
in the lusts of our flesh,
fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
and were by nature the children of wrath,
even as others.

But God, who is rich in mercy,
for His great love wherewith He loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ, [by grace ye are saved]
And hath raised us up together,
and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come
He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace
in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:
Not of works,
lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.'

Praise God!

Noblemen: (OP)
' ... The word says that God breathed into Adams body, and Adam became a living soul. So, we have a body and a soul. The soul is made of the will, the mind and the motions. Adam was purely Soulish, first Corinthian's 15:45–46. .... '

'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.'

(Gen 2:7)

We do not have a body and a soul, Noblemen, we ARE a living soul.
The Body combined with 'the breath of life' (or spirit) = A LIVING SOUL.

Adam was made a natural man, of the earth, earthy.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Noblemen: (OP)
' ... The word says that God breathed into Adams body, and Adam became a living soul. So, we have a body and a soul. The soul is made of the will, the mind and the motions. Adam was purely Soulish, first Corinthian's 15:45–46. .... '

The soul (or the whole man) is not immortal, for we are told that 'the soul that sinneth it shall surely die'.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

The soul (or the whole man) is not immortal, for we are told that 'the soul that sinneth it shall surely die'.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Which death do you think it speaks of? For there are two.
and what was the rich man doing in hell? when he was thinking, perceiving,remembering desiring and was in torment?
That Jesus spoke about.
There is a resurection unto life and a resurection unto death yet still the wicked will be cast in to the lake of fire in the end . So what is cast into the lake of fire?
Perhaps we need to have a review of what is life and what is death ?
For even death will one day die and will be cast into the lake of fire.
Yet while men 'live' they are in fact dead "and havnt seen life yet"
"and this is eternal life that they might know the true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent"
It was said of some that they had a name that they lived yet were dead"
Adam and Eve were not created with immortal life. But it was Gods will that they should partake of it .
The life they were given by creation was a "corruptable life"
Yet God had said "of all the trees in the garden you may freely eat ,...." This then included the tree of life .
For the only tree forbidden to eat was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil .
It is also clear that Gods will was that man should live and not die .
For he said "for in the day ye eat thereof ye shall surely die"
Not only was it and still is that man should inherit eternal life but that he" should not perish ."
as it is also that Gods will is that "all men come to a knowledge of the truth ........"
"The body is dead because of sin" says Paul.
"Count yourself dead to sin"
and what of that extraordinary statement of Paul that says "That I might be made conformable unto His death"?
If death was so 'simple' surely if any man was made conformable to his death he was!
But he was still at the end of his life saying that I might know the power of his resurection and this is a man who was raised up as one as good as dead twice!
It must then be true in as much as we are made conformable to his death will be the measure we know the power of his resurection. For no man can know the power of a resurection unless he is dead!
But then what of Pauls prayer that we might with all the saints know the exceedign greatness of his power that is towards us who believes even the same might power that raised up Jesus from the dead....."?
I fear we the church myself are but paddling in the waters in these matters.
and we do indeed need" the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him"
For what of the Lords own words " I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"?
I was 'brought' up to think that no matter what hell does the church will prevail and many still think so.
But gates do not attack any body.
They are the weakest point of a city wall or stronghold and thus the most heavily defended .
What the Lord then was saying was that it is hell that is in trouble not the church.
I do not understand all that that might mean in God but it does give a very satisfying glimpse into the great possibilities of the church.
For it has been too long when the devil has had a free run of the field.
Consider this .
When God said to Adam in the day ye eat therof ye shall surely die . Yet he 'lived' for another 800 years or so .
How come? God had created man with so much life it 800 odd years for that death that now ruled in him to manifest itself.
When Jesus died and descended into death and hell and took the keys of death and hell (of the gates? as it were) he spolied principalities and powers . Yet we look around and to all appearences there was no victory and the prince of theis world was not cast down . But thanks be unto God the victory was so great and accomplished at the very root and power of the devil (death)
It has taken 2000 odd years for the manifestation of that victory and glory of God to manifest itself . And in the last 2000 years we have but seen bursts of it .
But there is coming a day when that which was wrought at Calvary and the defeat and ruin of the devil will be manifest to all to the glory of God when every knee shall bow and every tounge shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. That will be the culmination of it all.
But there is also another aspect of it .
For we are by nature sons of wrath and disobedience . More by nature children of darkness than of the light .
But when a person is converted; begotten again not of corruptable seed but of incorruptable seed Then something is born in them and me and you that is of heaven and not of earth .
as such when it is first sown it is unseen and its 'fruit' is not manifested over much if at all.
Nevertheless despite the body beign dead because of sin.
God has given is Jesus Christ who is eternal life.
and that life will or should increasingly manifest itself so much so that though the body is dead because of sin not only is it quickened now by the same Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead. But by thye grace of God no power of hell can stop it.
and the life is transformed by the renewal of their minds in conformity to Christ who si in them.
For it si Christ in you the hope of glory.
What Christ?
Not the one of the flesh but the one who was raised from the dead and now sits on the right hand side of the Father .
and we who are His are "raised together WITH Him" to sit with him in heavenly places ............"
The exceeding greatness of His power that is towards us who believes then is the same power that was available to HIM .For the Spirit of the Lord has annointed me ................."
So that we might go and deliver the oppressed open the eyes of the blind heal the sick and preach above all the nacceptable year of the Lord . Before it is not.
"For greater works shall ye do after the Holy Spirit has come......" Meaning more of them. For He was restricted to the lost sheep of the house og Israel. We are called to go out into all the world.
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against us .

in Christ
gerald

Which death do you think it speaks of? For there are two.
and what was the rich man doing in hell? when he was thinking, perceiving,remembering desiring and was in torment? That Jesus spoke about.
* Death is the absence of life, @geralduk, Where, the breath of life has returned to God who gave it, and the body has gone back to the dust from whence it came. (Eccl. 12:7) That is the death I speak of in my entry.

* The story of the rich man and Lazarus, is just that - 'a story' - used to illustrate the hypocrisy of the doctrine of the Pharisees. For the testimony of Scripture is that there is no consciousness in death, and that a dead body, has none of the faculties of reason, or the means of utterance. It cannot think, perceive, remember or desire, let alone suffer torment. The spirit (or 'breath of life') of the dead go back to 'the Father of Spirits' - 'Who gave it', and the body goes back to the dust.

There is no life apart from resurrection.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back