Apostasy Rising: 4 Denominations In Less Than A Week Defy God's Word

Charisma News
Apostasy Rising: 4 Denominations In Less Than a Week Defy God's Word

JENNIFER LECLAIRE

(Sic)"...UCC in April filed a gay marriage rights lawsuit in North Carolina. But not only did my jaw drop, I'm shaking my head. J. Bennett Guess, one of the UCC's national officers and its first openly gay church executive, calls it a social justice issue and says the denomination prides itself on "being a bold voice for progressive Christianity."

In case you aren't familiar with what the term "progressive Christianity" really means, let's take a moment to define it. Progressive Christianity has a strong focus on social justice and environmentalism. Progressive Christianity focuses on concepts like "collective salvation"—where entire cultures and societies, rather than just individuals with faith in Christ, are redeemed—and bends toward a Marxist economic philosophy. And Progressive Christianity does not subscribe to the biblical doctrine of the inerrancy of Scripture.

:barefoot: We are warned in scripture of the great falling away. It is very disconcerting to know I am alive in that time.

Has anyone entered into a prayer group or joined one due to the politics that are happening in some of the Christian communities in America?

I agree with you---there is a major step-up in the falling away from all that has previously been held to be good and right. Prayer is so important right now for the believer! Our church is diligent to come together regularly to pray about many things and one of the things we touch upon together is the encroaching tide of immorality. We uphold God's standards and do all we can to provide a healthy environment for our children by providing a church school for our own and for the community. It is amazing how fast it is growing, with people who are not part of our church, and even unbelievers enrolling their kids---they see the evil tide as well.

It is sad, but I disagree that this is the beginning of the falling away... this is just the unabashed coming out of the closet - pun intended. It really shows that millions of so-called christians are either stillborn or dead asleep.

That could be too. It is a test . Like unto what is taught in . This is our opportunity to test those spirits who speak in the name of our Lord , but who's words are of this world, of the flesh, and therefore not of Christ at all.

It is sad, but I disagree that this is the beginning of the falling away... this is just the unabashed coming out of the closet - pun intended. It really shows that millions of so-called christians are either stillborn or dead asleep.

I tend to agree that it is not the actual falling away---but it is a good, solid dry run!

All sins will be found out sooner or later. How many will follow these people? Only those who do not know the Word of God, and only profess to be Christians. To those who know the Father, know his Word, and His Spirit it is amazing to see the doubt and unbelief in the Churches today. They are every where, even on forums masquerading as true blue followers of God, but are not.

The Church has many enemies and this new agenda is growing in strength and influence. I hope at some point those who really honor God and fear the Lord, would stop the attacks made against folks in the charismatic and faith circles and see the true enemies we have?

Acts 17:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I would make the observation that the enemy gains ground, grows in strength and influence, due to false teachings that they propagate unchallenged, as the word of God.
If there is a falling away, I believe it can be attributed to that very thing. False teachers that instruct a liberal permissive ideology is God's preference when dealing with the secular realm. And as such, those who receive that teaching and adhere to it as truth of God do not stand up and speak for truth and against immorality.

The enemy becomes manifest when they first think they are on the right track aligned toward a cause that necessitates taking on God's eternal word first. The word leads us to righteousness. The enemy leads us unto damnation.God does not play favorites.

2 John 1:10-11 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

See it seems clear that the luke warm church hates the righteous more than the wicked. All false doctrine comes from legalism and the hypocrisy that legalism promotes. Through this religious fog and false righteousness of the flesh, satan and the workers and promoters of wickedness are given cover and excuse to defame the true grace of God.

Charisma News
Apostasy Rising: 4 Denominations In Less Than a Week Defy God's Word

JENNIFER LECLAIRE

:barefoot: We are warned in scripture of the great falling away. It is very disconcerting to know I am alive in that time.

Has anyone entered into a prayer group or joined one due to the politics that are happening in some of the Christian communities in America?

Hello Scripture Bird. It is very concerning about how many well-known churches are making such strange decisions in recent times but I'd have to say it's nothing new in many respects but you're right, it does seem to be more frequent in this day and age. I believe the church goes through seasons and there have been seasons in the past with great blessings and fresh moves and other times where the church or Christianity I should really say, goes through a purging process. the great thing is that Christ true body is always growing but like Jesus and the early church, we'll always have luke-warm, religious and legalistic opposition. My uncle is an Evangelist and he said that throughout his lifetime, 95% of the attacks he's taken, have been from those who profess to be saved. It's a war no doubt but I wouldn't be too concerned....

The Church has many enemies and this new agenda is growing in strength and influence. I hope at some point those who really honor God and fear the Lord, would stop the attacks made against folks in the charismatic and faith circles and see the true enemies we have?

Hello Mitspa, i know your very experienced and I was wondering if I might ask an opinion. Do you feel in recent times that there has been a purging in the sphere of Christianity, like maybe God is moving forward? I'm not saying a third reformation or anything like that but the church has always grown through the ages, do think we're seeing a fuller aspect of that now?

Hello Scripture Bird. It is very concerning about how many well-known churches are making such strange decisions in recent times but I'd have to say it's nothing new in many respects but you're right, it does seem to be more frequent in this day and age. I believe the church goes through seasons and there have been seasons in the past with great blessings and fresh moves and other times where the church or Christianity I should really say, goes through a purging process. the great thing is that Christ true body is always growing but like Jesus and the early church, we'll always have luke-warm, religious and legalistic opposition. My uncle is an Evangelist and he said that throughout his lifetime, 95% of the attacks he's taken, have been from those who profess to be saved. It's a war no doubt but I wouldn't be too concerned....

What would you advise when we see so many things that are contrary to the word of God being promoted and given legal protections to display themselves as pride filled sins in our secular realm?

We are not of this world the scriptures tell us, and yet while we live we do have to live in this world. What do we do, how would you say your faith walk tells you to respond, when we witness all that is happening? The falling away from a moral platform in the American system of law so as to allow, and give protected status, to that what is a blatant sin, an abomination, in the eyes of God.

Transsexuals having the right to enter into the private facilities that are suppose to accommodate the opposite of their biological gender. But because that man identifies as female he is allowed entry. Into bathrooms, showers, locker rooms, changing rooms that are designated for women. And this is also permitted in some states in schools from K-grade to 12th.

Facebook recently said there are over 50 different labels one can choose from in order to self-identify. No longer is one male, or female. Straight or gay.

There was a man/woman in the news not that long ago who was suing the company she/he worked for for sexual discrimination and some other charge as well. She/he refused to identify as male or female. They objected to gender pronouns being used to describe them or address them. And when this happened they sued because , in essence, their feelings were hurt.

Of course the mistake that employer made was to not notice this person had omitted noting their gender when they filled out the application for the job they were eventually granted. Now, a company had to fight a lawsuit being brought by someone who denies they have a gender at all.

What would you advise Christians do when they do have to walk our individual mortal path in a world that seems to be crumbling on all sides of that pathway and into the abyss?
Where it appears God's word and way is slowly being pitchforked into a closet. And the devil and his minions are catching buses out of their own and right into the light of day.

Hello Mitspa, i know your very experienced and I was wondering if I might ask an opinion. Do you feel in recent times that there has been a purging in the sphere of Christianity, like maybe God is moving forward? I'm not saying a third reformation or anything like that but the church has always grown through the ages, do think we're seeing a fuller aspect of that now?
I do believe in a "new" reformation. I believe we are in the end of the ages and the scripture will be fulfilled that in the ages to come the exceeding riches of Gods grace is being revealed. It is in fact a laying of the capstone with shouts of grace ! grace! And the speaking to the mountain.. grace! grace! But it is the true grace of God that empowers the believer to live holy and godly. All this homosexual talk is just an attempt by satan to promote legalism and to give chance to the enemies of the gospel a platform to speak against the true grace of God. The charge when the true gospel is preached is always that it somehow promotes sin, but that is a complete rejection of the truth...the strength of sin is the law. True grace is the power over sin.

I'll weigh in here. There is a lot of new medical evidence that has been coming into the light recently that has challenged the preconceptions of man Christians who apply scripture in light of (rather than in spite of) the medical studies.

Especially with transgenderism there is medical evidence that has shown that transgendered persons literally have male/female brains in a female/male body which as a christian I must recognize as Gods doing. It is therefore important for churches to consult medical and biblical understandings in order to help these people fulfill God's purpose for them.

Back