Are The New Bible Versions Today Really Sound? This Is Not A 'kjv Only' Post ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And I do not consider Catholic faith to be Christian...sorry- but I beg to differ with you there."

That is highly offensive to the one billion Catholics worldwide, who minister the testimony of Christ and give aid to those in need.

You can think what you want about translations, but millions of people are inspired by what they read in the newer versions of text, and pastors are carrying over the traditional teachings of Christ's divinity and the Holy Trinity notwithstanding the translation they use, and you would deprive them of that spiritual nourishment because you think the text you like is the one everyone else ought to like too.
I don't 'think what I want'...It is a fact that the Revised text is different from the Majority text. You cannot dispute post #19 it is obvious...Why are Jesus words removed? Why is fasting removed? Why remove scripture that clearly says Jesus is God made flesh? Answer these changes with scripture...

TC

I'll admit it: I want to get out of the office and go home, so I'll read this thread later. But has anyone mentioned The Wicked Bible (also called The Sinners' Bible or The adulterous Bible? Now there's one that raised a few eyebrows. As for today's Bibles, I think some of them are great . . . .

I would, but unfortunately I don't have the original Greek manuscripts to review the differences, all I can say is that the verses you quoted do not contain differences that substantially change doctrine, or warrant an accusation of conspiracy.

Wow! you must really be a fast reader as I just posted that minutes ago- oh wait, I just remembered- you are one of the few people who always ignores my request to read before commenting and instead post as though you already know what it says. Ignorance is bliss right...Please read it or don't post thank you for for honoring my request as a Christian should...

TC

Considering that bible scholars who study all their life wrote the NIV I think it's safe to assume it is accurate. Btw what is your point in this? Are you trying to make people not read the bible if they dont read anything other than the KJV? That is messed up. I'm really not sure of your intentions about posting this thread otherwise, but I have to tell you if you had any good intentions you do realize it isn't appearing that way? And hating on people because they don't read your 15 page article isn't a great way to draw people in either. Should I make a thread that only people who have read a certain book are allowed to reply to? Same concept.

Considering that bible scholars who study all their life wrote the NIV I think it's safe to assume it is accurate. Btw what is your point in this? Are you trying to make people not read the bible if they dont read anything other than the KJV? That is messed up.
Has nothing to do with the KJV- that would insult the people who for the previous 1600 years were born again. It has to do with these new versions deviating from what has been the accepted text to an alternative version offered by Catholicism. The KJV is just the most popular of the received text so I used it..The NIV Bible scholars probably translated the text they used just fine for the most part...that isn't the problem. The problem is what text they translate from...and why is it so different from the majority text( it is way different when you start adding up all the changes and you cannot dispute it ) go back to post #19 and answer the questions posted there

TC

Has nothing to do with the KJV- that would insult the people who for the previous 1600 years were born again. It has to do with these new versions deviating from what has been the accepted text to an alternative version offered by Catholicism. The KJV is just the most popular of the received text so I used it..The Bible scholars probably translated the text fine...that isn't thr peoblem. The problem is what text did they translate from...

TC
You do realize you are propagating a conspiracy theory?

Considering that bible scholars who study all their life wrote the NIV I think it's safe to assume it is accurate. Btw what is your point in this? Are you trying to make people not read the bible if they dont read anything other than the KJV? That is messed up. I'm really not sure of your intentions about posting this thread otherwise, but I have to tell you if you had any good intentions you do realize it isn't appearing that way? And hating on people because they don't read your 15 page article isn't a great way to draw people in either. Should I make a thread that only people who have read a certain book are allowed to reply to? Same concept.
not hating anyone for not reading it. Simply asked them not to post unless they do. My point is to warn people that these Bibles are not what people think they are. They are clever counterfeits and the Bible warned that in the latter days some would leave sound doctrine for doctrines of devils. I believe these texts are just that...So I am sounding the alarm. Go back and read post #19 and consider the differences that I listed ...

TC

It is not a conspiracy theory...The Revised text is derived from the Codex Vaticanus and Sinaticus- two manuscripts that are propagated by the Catholic Church. It is a fact not conspiracy.

TC
My NIV gives me the ability to read God's word and not get bored or frustrated so I think it is a useful tool. That is the reason it is so popular.
not hating anyone for not reading it. Simply asked them not to post unless they do. My point is to warn people that these Bibles are not what people think they are. They are clever counterfeits and the Bible warned that in the latter days some would leave sound doctrine for doctrines of devils. I believe these texts are just that...So I am sounding the alarm

TC
So you think that reading a NIV bible will do more harm than good?

My NIV gives me the ability to read God's word and not get bored or frustrated so I think it is a useful tool. That is the reason it is so popular.

So you think that reading a NIV bible will do more harm than good?
I honestly do...I have sat down with people and done studies with them showing them the differences and they have thrown their NIV's in the garbage right in front of me...It isn't just the NIV- most of the new ones deviate in the same way and remove the same precepts because they all come from the same 'revised' text of Wescott and Hort...

TC

I honestly do...I have sat down with people and done studies with them showing them the differences and they have thrown their NIV's in the garbage right in front of me...It isn't just the NIV- most of the new ones deviate in the same way and remove the same precepts because they all come from the same 'revised' text of Wescott and Hort...

TC
I agree with everyone that has argued against you on this thread, so i'm not going to bring up what they said because what is the point in saying something twice. Let me be more specific and ask, do you actually think that a if i sent a kid in Uganda my NIV bible, he would be better off without it? Also, while I do believe it is important to be as correct as we possibly can on such an important subject as the bible, do you not think that the holy spirit can guide people to recognize a false teaching? I can say that I have been able to recognize false heretics/teachings in a heartbeat when I have only been saved for 3-4 months and knew nothing about the bible beforehand. I believe 100% that is the holy spirit, their is no way I could know better. So while I do understand giving the best knowledge possible, I don't agree that we should throw away a bible that is reaching so many people.

I don't 'think what I want'...It is a fact that the Revised text is different from the Majority text. You cannot dispute post #19 it is obvious...Why are Jesus words removed? Why is fasting removed? Why remove scripture that clearly says Jesus is God made flesh? Answer these changes with scripture...

TC

Fasting is not removed, and neither is the fact that Jesus is God come in the flesh.

1 John 4:2 (NIV)
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

TC
Ok you claim newer translations take away the divinity of Jesus. I will counter your claim from the NIV and ESV and show you where someone wouldn't miss out on the divinity of Jesus by reading either of them.

John 1:1 NIV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 ESV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 NASB In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 NIV The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
ESV And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
NASB And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 5:18 NIV For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
ESV This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
NASB For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 8:24 NIV I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”
ESV I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
NASB “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He,you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58 NIV “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
ESV Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
NASB Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”

I'll let you look up the rest.
John 10:30-33
John 20:28
Col 2:9
Heb 1:8

All of these verses in the translations you say are of the devil speak of Jesus as the Son of God and God. What say you to this? Do you really believe reading any of these translations will in fact persuade people from coming to the conclusion that Jesus isn't God?

@ TC
I've noticed you only participate in threads you originate. You give a lot of instructions and complain when they aren't followed. I'm reminded of a clanging cymbal.

@ TC
I've noticed you only participate in threads you originate. You give a lot of instructions and complain when they aren't followed. I'm reminded of a clanging cymbal.
I participate in quite a few threads from others, just not many lately... Having said that, I asked just one simple request- please read the PDF before posting, that is not a lot to ask... is it? And I was asking for input on the PDF hence asking people to read it first. How else is one going to give input on it if they have not read it.

Gonefishing, I don't know you and I do not know what kind of Christian life you live, but the fact is there is something very wrong with American Christianity. While the rest of the world is suffering for the name of Christ, the one nation that calls itself 'Christian' is filled with wickedness. I am speaking of an apostate church that lives like the world because it has lost its savor. Say what you will, but if you are in the majority you are probably entering the wrong gate my friend...I find it very interesting that the country ( including the churches) has changed so much starting around the same time these 'revised text' translations became prevalent. I guess you can say its all 'coincidence', but I and many others who are sounding the alarm (and trying to wake people up) see an entirely different 'Christianity' in America than what Jesus taught...Call me a 'clanging cymbal' if you like, but it won't change the fact that something is very wrong with today's Bibles and today's 'Christianity'.

TC

There is nothing wrong with today's bibles. You are acting as a fearmonger. If one is devoted to Jesus, one can trust Him to lead. There are a great many wonderful, Holy Spirit-led churches on this continent, who love the word of God and teach it well. It is for us to allow God to lead us to one of them and get to the business of proclaiming the gospel to the world. Proclaiming doom and gloom is not the way to go. We have a lot in this generation to be thankful to God for---and that includes the wonderful availability of the word of God for everyone! While we still have the freedom to proclaim Christ and to live freely going about His business, let's do it!

What's with all the Catholic bashing? I don't think that every current translation is bad. It also seems like you're using the KJV as the perfect model, which it isn't.

I don't read the NIV very often. I read the NASB as my main bible and I use the other translations as a reference. I also use Greek and Hebrew lexicons while studying. I think as long as one is not tied down to one translation there is no reason to be afraid we will be led astray. They all have the same main message, so I don't see changes, even if they may distort some doctrines, as dangerous.

No I simply compared the two most popular versions today that come from different manuscripts. They are not the same or even close in doctrines and precepts. They have different doctrines altogether concerning grace and many other false teachings. Read the PDF before saying I am wrong. I am telling you right now there is a reason why the Roman Catholic Church is thrilled with the Protestant churches using their Codex's for their translations...That ought to be a red flag but it isn't.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back