Are We Close To The Second Coming?

Yes it is. Every day you awake it is a step and a day closer! ;) Question is or should be "ARE you ready for it?"

I was ready yesterday - but I fear the world is not. Let me rephrase. I think "good" Christians need more time to get the world ready for that. The events prophesized before the second coming have not all been set in motion. I do not look forward to all the terror, drudgery, war, disease and mass slaughter that requires the second coming. So - we still have time.

We ARE in the fight already! Tell somebody about Jesus today!

<<<<<<<Failed 4 times already today...Lord thank you for your Mercy-give me strength not to be a coward.

Strangely enough, maybe, in the long run you didn't fail. I dunno. Maybe it is enough to warn - not in self righteous, condescending or arrogant tones (and believe me - been there - done that) but when it comes to the spiritual "crunch" that comes to us all, they will remember. And reach out to God. That is enough. God directs the rest. I don't see you as a coward DRS -- but beware the "pack mentality". Incredibly, we have Christian Pharisees now who see only "their law" and not the "heart" of the scripture. They would have you push away that which we all need most - God.

What's more important-reaching souls for the Gospel's sake...

-or-

Arguing amongst fellow believers about 'doctrine'?

Christ will edify through Faith in the Word. 110,000+ people will walk through the gates of Hell today.

What's your heart condition?

Are we teaching young Christians to be soul winners or question authority all the time? We breed rebellion inside the doors of the Church.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/t...ay-have-a-burden-for-souls.34828/#post-280706

What's more important-reaching souls for the Gospel's sake...

-or-

Arguing amongst fellow believers about 'doctrine'?

Christ will edify through Faith in the Word. 110,000+ people will walk through the gates of Hell today.

What's your heart condition?

Are we teaching young Christians to be soul winners or question authority all the time? We breed rebellion inside the doors of the Church.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/t...ay-have-a-burden-for-souls.34828/#post-280706

Excellant observation.

I see the very essence of your comment right here on this site and all others as well when you stated................
"Are we teaching young Christians to be soul winners or question authority all the time".

I am amazed at how many Christians have the desire to always be right in their comments at the expence of everything else.

The level of hormones overwhelms me at times.

Who wants to come soul winning with us Saturday? You don't have to come to my home town-go out into your own community. Visit your 'neighbors'.

Scary thought isn't it? At one time mankind relied on their neighbors or died-now we sit in our convenient homes and rot.

We had a "National Day of Prayer"; how about a National Day of Soul Winning?

"Are we teaching young Christians to be soul winners or question authority all the time?"

It's part of this culture, this culture of death. A person who questions everything will never find truth because he doesn't "believe in truth".

It was Padre Pio who said "the habit of asking "why?" has ruined the world".

Rock on, DRS. Strangely, I do not argue or debate "other" Christians, except when I see a crossing of the lines. I confess, I would join you in a "soul winning day" or year or week or month - leave out the hellfire and brimstone preachers - what have you got? Maybe only people who mourn for the lack of salvation. Maybe not - after all - there is nothing like I told you so. My prayers go with you.

Every day is "Enlighten the Heathens Day".

Years ago when I was single and a barfly, I had a lot more opportunity to pester the pagans, but with work and family I am short on time.

Every day is "Enlighten the Heathens Day".

Years ago when I was single and a barfly, I had a lot more opportunity to pester the pagans, but with work and family I am short on time.

So are we all...short on time. But I gotta say, my barfly days, included no pagan pestering. I love that phrase - almost makes me want to go back. Nope, even drunk, Jesus was the last thing you wanted to talk about.

Yes Silk: I think it is our Christian duty to get everyone, saved and unsaved , prepared as much as possible for His return. To fold our hands because others oppose that Call to be ready, especially confused Christians, is a sore and fearful thing, IMO.

Now some questions: As Calvin suggested, Christendom has mistakenly thought the End was upon them: WW1, the year 1000AD all the failed prophecies of Timothy Lahaye andf Hal Lindsey and a whole gamut of prophets of confusion.

So....What "signs" are specific to our time that were not evident in times past? Why would today be any different than many yesterdays of false hopes?

And secondly: If we are to know what is to come in any rational degree, we must have the right Bible eyesight to be able to see: it will not be on the News or some well meaning but faulty ranters website. This is why I talk so often about prophecy, as I see much confusion generated in the Church. How is that eyesight gained? Through human theological constructs from pop prophecy schools?

What signs are specific to our times?
1. 1945 Atom bomb--man was never able to destroy the earth before. 1/3 of men dying was unthinkable not long ago--but nuclear weapons have changed all that.
2. Satan tried to wipe out the Jews 1939-1945. He knew they were to become a nation and he was dead set against letting it happen. In 1948 prophecy was fulfilled. Israel has become a nation again---and we are so blessed to have witnessed this happening.
3. The Anti-Christ will be seen by the whole world at one time---once impossible----now with satellites and television this is a very real possibility.
4. the Anti-christ will be able control at men. The computer has made this possible. He could literally 'track' anyone on earth if he wanted to----who can 'buy and sell' will be determined by computer.
5. The beast will make an 'image' of himself that all will see. Again, could John the Apostle have been observing a huge television with the man on it, and his only way of describing it was to call it an "image of the beast"?
6. The Gospel must be preached in all the world, then shall the end come. Wycliffe Bible translators says that we are the first generation that will actually see the Bible translated into all languages on earth--this has never been a possibility before.

These are just a few signs 'specific to our times'. Yes---Jesus is coming very, very soon. We need to be watching for Him.

I understand that Revelation was written so that each generation would think they had entered the end times. But I think that this generation is actually seeing it - this or the very next, depending on what is viewed as a generation. I was born 7 years after the end of WWII, and what most horrified me about that conflagration was the persecution and slaughter of people in the millions, particularly as personified by the Holocaust. Whatever you want to call Israel, as it stands today - secular not a religious state - to become a citizen, you have to be an "unconverted jew". They don't ask that you practice your religion, only that you are not Christian or Moslem or Hari Krishna. So I say that is significant. Almost all of Christendom seemed to recognize it in 1948 - altho now many seem to say it is of no account. I can't agree, sorry. Technology has made this the "last" generation.

Oh and btw, read the history - the Brits did everything in their power to stop the state of Israel coming into being - right down to arming the arabs.

A point by point reply to Fish153:

1. Please show where nuclear weapons have anything to do with the Gospel. Gunpowder may have seemed just as "catastrophic" to 14th century European Christians.

2.Please show where Nazis are prophesied. A bit of time looking at history will show that Russians, Spaniards and Germans killed as many Jews BEFORE any British attempt at a Palestinian "homeland" for Jews ...like close to 500 years before....

3. Huh? Pee-Wee Herman can be seen by the whole world at once....Can't blame technology for what will be a spiritual decision.

4. That is purely you guess...imaginative, but unsubstantiated. Could have done that from the telegraph, radio or TV, according to former literalists I have read.

5. St John saw a "TV"? How did you whip that up from Holy Scripture??

6. Wycliffe Bible Translators?? Proof that they say this please is the first request. Second is that they are infallible.

Rusty---- Only since 1945 has man had the REAL capability of destroying the world with weapons. if you want to equate gunpowder with Nuclear weapons be my guest. But no one could have destroyed the world with gunpowder. Nuclear weapons are a very real threat to the whole world.

No need to talk about Nazis being prophesied. My point was that Israel had not been a nation for two thousand years---Satan saw God's plan coming to fruition, and tried to wipe out the Jews from the earth. 3 years later they became a nation, despite Satan's full-on attack--prophesy WAS fulfilled.

At no time in the world's history has man been able (through satellites and television and the internet) to project the image of one person throughout the entire world at one time. You can laugh it off using Pee-Wee herman---but only 50 years ago it would have been impossible to broadcast Pee-Herman, or anyone else for that matter to an entire world at one time.

It is ridiculous to think that anyone could control all people at once through telegraph, radio or TV---only computer technology has allowed man to record a multitude of information on people at one time.To deny this is very foolish---computer technology has revolutionized the world---and brought the world together. Within seconds I can type a note to someone in Iceland, and they can reply back. Since 1985 or so forward man has entered a realm he never before thought possible through computers.

When I say John saw a TV I don't know that. It was conjecture. John said that the Anti-christ was able to show an image of himself to the whole world. John didn't know what a TV was---He may have seen an "image" of the beast being shown to the world (perhaps an entire stadium filled with people looking at a large screen for example)---I'm not saying that is the image---I was saying it is plausible.

Wycliffe mentions on several of it's sites that we are living in an amazing generation. Just Google "Vision 2025" and you can read that they believe we are in the first generation who could actually fulfill the great commission.

Again, we should be lifting our heads, and watching carefully for his return. There are signs in place that were never able to have been fulfilled before--and we are living in the generation where it is possible. To deny it is to be like an ostrich with it's head in the sand.

Gotta agree Rustoleum; the Church is failing because WE are not doing our duties. God is not failing the Church....

'Heart condition'-starts with the individual-to the family-to the community- to the nation. The CHURCH is supposed to be in ALL of it.

We had a visiting Pastor this winter-Pastor Tyson, and I can't forget these words: [on speaking about the prevalence of the less than %3 minority of homosexuals in the media and exposure]: 'Homosexuals are coming out of the closets and the Christians are going in'. How sad. I get extremely annoyed when I hear the words "I don't want to get involved."

(I feel like saying 'STOP BREATHING THEN! Your stealing my oxygen.')

Rusty--

We are to be amabassadors, but we are also supposed to be able to "discern the signs of the times". None of us knows when Jesus will return, but there are certain things that are possible in the world today that were never possible before. Technology has developed more quickly in the last 100 years than the 6000 years before it. I believe that these signs do point to the return of Christ very soon. We should be "watching". I appreciate your comments though---everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

"Nope, even drunk, Jesus was the last thing you wanted to talk about. "

You'd be surprised. In my experience, after a few beers a lot of folks tend to get philosophical and start to gripe about the emptiness in their lives. I've talked 2 people out of suicide and gotten a couple married after a few drinks.

Back