Are Women Allowed To Speak In Church?

There is this this older lady at church who wants to shake hands with me at church every time I go, and I feel guilty for doing it. Since it says in scripture, "It is good for a man not to touch a woman." I think I am quickly agreeing with an adversary when I shake hands that are laid out in that way, since I have been sent to prison before for not shaking hands in church before. I feel guilty for doing it though.

I have been sent to prison ...

I hope that is a metaphor. My grandfather has been two prisons, not as an inmate thank goodness, Arizona State Prison at Florence and the Federal Prison at Lompoc.

You must be new here. I'm not the welcoming committee, but I say welcome anyway.

There is this this older lady at church who wants to shake hands with me at church every time I go, and I feel guilty for doing it. Since it says in scripture, "It is good for a man not to touch a woman." I think I am quickly agreeing with an adversary when I shake hands that are laid out in that way, since I have been sent to prison before for not shaking hands in church before. I feel guilty for doing it though.
Ask yourself, would Jesus shake hands with an old lady at church? Yes i'm positive he would, actually i'm pretty sure he'd give her a big fat hug. You have to remember God is love, he didn't make a rule so that you could use it to be rude or pious. You have to use interpretation skills with the Bible and drop whatever you have at the door and let it read itself to you. Some of the things you should know before going into scripture is it shouldn't contradict itself, the reason it was written, and God's nature which is love. Be careful when you're reading the Bible, find out the context! In reference to the verse you pointed out it has to do with lust. Paul wasn't talking about shaking hands first off, he was trying to prevent sexual immorality in the church at Corinth.

Last edited:
I think Jesus would allow women to touch him, but he wouldn't go about touching women. It just reminded me of why John the Baptist got his head cut off.

Sorry, I was thinking Herodias wanted to sleep with John the Baptist and he refused and that's why he was imprisoned. It was because Herod wanted her and John the Baptist said that is not lawful, that's why he was imprisoned. I was also thinking of the example in the old testament where a man wouldn't sleep with a woman so she tried to have him put to death in Genesis.

Back