Are you sure /feel you're going to heaven?

This question is more for myself..but I kinda wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way...
I know what Jesus did.... I just have more confidence in him than myself ...is all

Even when I do right, like go to church,pray..ect... I still am not sure at times..

This question is more for myself..but I kinda wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way...
I know what Jesus did.... I just have more confidence in him than myself ...is all

Even when I do right, like go to church,pray..ect... I still am not sure at times..
Yes

Don't let anyone take your salvation away, Pancakes, especially not yourself. I expect to meet you in the clouds.

Kiddo, the problem with ALL of us is two things: we all have an identity crisis; and we don't believe/trust/confide in the scriptures as we should.

Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners. He loved us first. He cleaned us up, and made us JOINT heirs with Him! Do you grasp that? The God of All (not just the universe) has caused us to be co-heir with Him! In the lamest of examples, imagine the King of Spain/Saudi Arabia/etc. making you co-regent! It just doesn't compute for me. But that's what we are, Rom 8:17.

If you believe the word of God, really believe it, that it's true, then when you recognize Who Jesus is, what He did for you, call out to Him, in faith, then the word of God says we are joint-heirs with Him.

Romans 10:13 (KJV)
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Look what that word "call" is in Greek: [I love 1.a.!!]

- Original: ἐπικαλέομαι
- Transliteration: Epikaleomai
- Phonetic: ep-ee-kal-eh'-om-ahee
- Definition:
1. to put a name upon, to surname

a. to permit one's self to be surnamed
2. to be named after someone
3. to call something to one

a. to cry out upon or against one
b. to charge something to one as a crime or reproach
c. to summon one on any charge, prosecute one for a crime
d. to blame one for, accuse one of
4. to invoke
a. to call upon for one's self, in one's behalf
1. any one as a helper
2. as my witness
3. as my judge
4. to appeal unto
5. to call upon by pronouncing the name of Jehovah
a. an expression finding its explanation in the fact that prayers addressed to God ordinarily began with an invocation of the divine name
I really believe these two issues, if once resolved, will fix any issue we have concerning God. He has made it a PERSONAL relationship with us. We just have to PERMIT His Name to be added to ours! "Abdicate, adopted son of God". His words, Gal 4:4-6, not mine. I'm not worthy, only He is!

If you don't get it settled between your ears, how will your heart every believe?

God bless sister! God loves you! Believe it!

We all get discouraged and start to doubt sometimes...that's when you yell out 'get behind me Satan! In the name of Jesus Christ!"

Then fallback and get your hands on your Bible.

My dear....one of the reasons to be saved/born again is so that we can know there is a haven and we can go there.

CONFIDENCE!

But be aware that the demons of this earth snatch away the truth of God's Word as often as they can. They want you to feel un-safe and vulnerable.

Ephesians 6:10-18 tells us how to respond...........
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Kiddo, the problem with ALL of us is two things: we all have an identity crisis; and we don't believe/trust/confide in the scriptures as we should.

Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners. He loved us first. He cleaned us up, and made us JOINT heirs with Him! Do you grasp that? The God of All (not just the universe) has caused us to be co-heir with Him! In the lamest of examples, imagine the King of Spain/Saudi Arabia/etc. making you co-regent! It just doesn't compute for me. But that's what we are, Rom 8:17.

If you believe the word of God, really believe it, that it's true, then when you recognize Who Jesus is, what He did for you, call out to Him, in faith, then the word of God says we are joint-heirs with Him.

Romans 10:13 (KJV)
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Look what that word "call" is in Greek: [I love 1.a.!!]

- Original: ἐπικαλέομαι
- Transliteration: Epikaleomai
- Phonetic: ep-ee-kal-eh'-om-ahee
- Definition:
1. to put a name upon, to surname

a. to permit one's self to be surnamed
2. to be named after someone
3. to call something to one

a. to cry out upon or against one
b. to charge something to one as a crime or reproach
c. to summon one on any charge, prosecute one for a crime
d. to blame one for, accuse one of
4. to invoke
a. to call upon for one's self, in one's behalf
1. any one as a helper
2. as my witness
3. as my judge
4. to appeal unto
5. to call upon by pronouncing the name of Jehovah
a. an expression finding its explanation in the fact that prayers addressed to God ordinarily began with an invocation of the divine name
I really believe these two issues, if once resolved, will fix any issue we have concerning God. He has made it a PERSONAL relationship with us. We just have to PERMIT His Name to be added to ours! "Abdicate, adopted son of God". His words, Gal 4:4-6, not mine. I'm not worthy, only He is!

If you don't get it settled between your ears, how will your heart every believe?

God bless sister! God loves you! Believe it!

Well said!

Don't lose hope. Jesus is the only way, our hope, our salvation! I agree with Major above with his reference to putting on the amor of God. In fact, I named my website SwordNotes.

Here are some readings on Faith:
http://www.swordnotes.com/research/topics-section-1/faith/faith---section-1.html

And some on Hope and Encouragement:
http://www.swordnotes.com/research/topics-section-1/hope--encouragement.html

And lastly, on Salvation:
http://www.swordnotes.com/research/topics-section-1/salvation.html

I pray for a strengthening of your faith. We all need encouragement at times, as iron sharpens iron.

Everyday I feel the same. Just yesterday I grasped that I am a Christians behind. My work colleague always shares their sweets with me. Yesterday I had a packet and rushed to finish it before they came. I know its small and stupid. But it points to not being a Christian. A Christian turns the left cheek after turning the right. A Christian gives a burglar what they want and then offers more. A Christian is supposed to visit and look after the person that raped and killed their baby. A Christian is supposed to actively help orphans, widows and elderly.

When last did you visit someone in prison? When last did you visit and help out at an old age home? When last did you love your enemy (not just forgive)? When last did you give your lunch to a hungry work colleague?

I don't agree that we must ever be complacent in our Christian walk. Most of us FAIL at Christianity. Most of us call ourselves Christians, attend church, wear the t-shirt and daily brainwash ourselves that we are Christians because of what we have confessed with our mouth. Like it was some magic words we said.

We need to always remember that the words we said when first saved were (hopefully) driven by a depth of intent in our hearts. An intent that hates sin and loves righteousness Rom 12:9. If you hate sin, you repent and accept Jesus. If you love sin you do just enough to please your conscience and continue living a selfish life. So if we are selfish / loving evil today....did we really hit any depth when first saved?

Conclusion: Make sure right now that you HATE sin. We do sin, but we must hate it. Hate it = repent quickly and sincerely. Hell will be full of people that love what is evil. There will be nobody in heaven that loves sin > hating it. God does not make mistakes.

Hi! Every time this question pops in my mind, I do one thing. I will remind myself that Salvation is a 'gift' from God. It is FREE and nothing I did or do can earn me this Salvation. I wipe clean my slate and start all over. As Paul puts it:

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, () I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ()

Peace be to you!

Back