Baptism

I dont think we should be arguing over baptism...if we are baptised, we dont go over and over it again...just saying.

I would encourage anyone who isnt, to be baptized though. Whatver baptism is to come through fire, we will then be prepared to go through it...we be burned to a crisp or cremated otherwise.

Not so my brother. Baptism is an act through which we get wet with water.

Salvation is when we BELIEVE upon the Lord Jesus Christ and then we follow in believers baptism so as to identify with His death, burial and resurrection. We are not baptized in order to be saved but instead we are baptized BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN SAVED!!!

Please read Romans 6:3-4.......
"Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

Please accept my apology for my previous post. I incorrectly thought in previous posts from past months that you stated water baptism 'the act of getting wet with water' was required for salvation. I just read in a different thread that that is not the case. Moreover, the baptism I was referring to was the spiritual baptism, not water, if that makes more sense.

To you who are watching this thread .
Please notice that no one can answer why baptism was brought up to the Eunuch, the jailer or the 3000 at Pentecost or to Paul ( who had not eaten or drank in 3 days.
They all want to ( as the saying is ) sweep it under the rug .
The name of this thread is ( Baptism )
Baptism is to important to your salvation ,for it to be swept under the rug .
Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of their/ our sins .
Acts 22:16 baptism to wash away his / our sins .
They will not except what the Holy Spirit has plainly said .
Baptism does NOT save ,it is required by God to receive salvation ,along with other requirements ( baptism is only one of His requirements ) but most people will not except the words of the Holy Spirit while rightly dividing God's word .
They want to add ,representative to baptism ,and believer to baptism , you will never find either of those words in the scriptures.

Please accept my apology for my previous post. I incorrectly thought in previous posts from past months that you stated water baptism 'the act of getting wet with water' was required for salvation. I just read in a different thread that that is not the case. Moreover, the baptism I was referring to was the spiritual baptism, not water, if that makes more sense.

It makes all the sense in the world Brian and please know that you do not owe me an apology at all. We talk, we debate and we stay friends!

Please notice that no one can answer why baptism was brought up to the Eunuch, the jailer or the 3000 at Pentecost or to Paul
Neither do I recall you explaining why the thief on the cross didn't have to get baptised

Please notice that no one can answer why baptism was brought up to the Eunuch, the jailer or the 3000 at Pentecost or to Paul ( who had not eaten or drank in 3 days.

Baptism was performed on these people because they had come to belief in Jesus Christ and were saved. As saved people, we are called to obey God, and one of the first things we do as Christians is to obey the command to be water baptized, to show the world what has transpired in our lives. That is why newly saved Paul, the eunuch, the jailer and his household, and the 3000 saved people at Pentecost submitted to baptism.

They all want to ( as the saying is ) sweep it under the rug .
The name of this thread is ( Baptism )
Baptism is to important to your salvation ,for it to be swept under the rug .

Baptism is important as a point of obedience to God to reveal to the world just WHOSE we are---but baptism in water is NOT A STEP TO SALVATION.

Baptism does NOT save ,it is required by God to receive salvation ,along with other requirements ( baptism is only one of His requirements ) but most people will not except the words of the Holy Spirit while rightly dividing God's word .
They want to add ,representative to baptism ,and believer to baptism , you will never find either of those words in the scriptures.

Baptism is NOT a requirement to receive salvation. It is a requirement for those who have received salvation to make an open identification with Jesus' death, burial and resurrection because they are saved!

Romans 6:3-7 attests to the fact that baptism is a point of IDENTIFICATION!
Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? 4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.

5 Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. 6 We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. 7 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.

This is rightly dividing the word of truth.

When the words of God are rightly divided ,it is obvious that the thief on the cross ,was under the law of Moses .
This is why it most important to rightly divide the scriptures .
The new covenant was not in effect.
Christ had not died ,been buried and risen from the dead .
An argument for anything when the scriptures are not in their proper context , as just illustrated .

Euphemia
Has said many times that we do not have to be baptized to be saved .
He now says that it is a command.
If God commands it ,it is required OR it is not a command .
Acts 2:38 baptism is for the remission of our sins.
Acts 22:16 baptism is to have our sins washed away .
If God has commanded us to be baptized ,was it to wash away our sins ?

Euphemia
Has said many times that we do not have to be baptized to be saved .
He now says that it is a command.
If God commands it ,it is required OR it is not a command .
Acts 2:38 baptism is for the remission of our sins.
Acts 22:16 baptism is to have our sins washed away .
If God has commanded us to be baptized ,was it to wash away our sins ?

There is a command to be baptized, but there isn't a command to be saved---rather it is an invitation. The command to be baptized is directed to those who have been saved. Not one single unbeliever is invited to be baptized.

Yes you are right .
You must believe before you are baptized .That is what I have been saying .
Everyone who has been baptized to wash away their sins were believers .
I have never said that non believers must be baptized.
Why would a non believer be baptized?
Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of sins. 3000 souls who believed
Acts 22:16 baptism to wash away sins .Paul believed

Yes you are right .
You must believe before you are baptized .That is what I have been saying .
Everyone who has been baptized to wash away their sins were believers .
I have never said that non believers must be baptized.
Why would a non believer be baptized?
Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of sins. 3000 souls who believed
Acts 22:16 baptism to wash away sins .Paul believed

We differ with you promoting the idea that somehow water washes our sins away. It doesn't. Jesus' blood is more than sufficient to wash our sins away and the bible clearly tells us this. Water is only a symbol of the earth---Jesus' death, burial in the earth, and His glorious resurrection from the earthly grave.

You need to study this subject and digest ALL passages that have to do with baptism, rather than to hold so tightly to anomalous verses that feed your point of view. The bible and especially Paul does not share your point of view. You must make an adjustment, as the word of God will not.

Salvation has been brought to us by the blood of the Lamb, which washes us whiter than wool or as we often sing---SNOW! It's always about blood, to God.

Hebrews 9:18-23
That is why even the first covenant was put into effect with the blood of an animal. 19 For after Moses had read each of God’s commandments to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, along with water, and sprinkled both the book of God’s law and all the people, using hyssop branches and scarlet wool. 20 Then he said, “This blood confirms the covenant God has made with you.” 21 And in the same way, he sprinkled blood on the Tabernacle and on everything used for worship. 22 In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

23 That is why the Tabernacle and everything in it, which were copies of things in heaven, had to be purified by the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals.

Now, hearken back to Isaiah:

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let’s settle this,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
I will make them as white as snow.
Though they are red like crimson,
I will make them as white as wool.

We differ with you promoting the idea that somehow water washes our sins away. It doesn't. Jesus' blood is more than sufficient to wash our sins away and the bible clearly tells us this. Water is only a symbol of the earth---Jesus' death, burial in the earth, and His glorious resurrection from the earthly grave.

You need to study this subject and digest ALL passages that have to do with baptism, rather than to hold so tightly to anomalous verses that feed your point of view. The bible and especially Paul does not share your point of view. You must make an adjustment, as the word of God will not.

Salvation has been brought to us by the blood of the Lamb, which washes us whiter than wool or as we often sing---SNOW! It's always about blood, to God.

Hebrews 9:18-23
That is why even the first covenant was put into effect with the blood of an animal. 19 For after Moses had read each of God’s commandments to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, along with water, and sprinkled both the book of God’s law and all the people, using hyssop branches and scarlet wool. 20 Then he said, “This blood confirms the covenant God has made with you.” 21 And in the same way, he sprinkled blood on the Tabernacle and on everything used for worship. 22 In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

23 That is why the Tabernacle and everything in it, which were copies of things in heaven, had to be purified by the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals.

Now, hearken back to Isaiah:

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let’s settle this,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
I will make them as white as snow.
Though they are red like crimson,
I will make them as white as wool.

You are saying ,that when the Holy Spirit said in ,Acts 22:16 arise and be baptized to wash away your sins ,again are you saying that He used the wrong words.

You are saying ,that when the Holy Spirit said in ,Acts 22:16 arise and be baptized to wash away your sins ,again are you saying that He used the wrong words.

No, I am saying right now that you are promoting a falsehood by refusing to post the entire verse that gives us the truth!! We aren't dumb here, and you have yet to oblige the requests made to you to provide the full verses in context. So, you actually reveal that you have a problem with God and His word.

Here is the entire verse---AGAIN:

Acts 22:16
What are you waiting for? Get up and be baptized. Have your sins washed away by calling on the name of the Lord.’

Our sins are washed away by turning to Jesus and calling upon Him to cleanses us of our sins---BY HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD!

Holy Spirit never uses wrong words, but people who have a poor understanding of the gospel and/or any biblical doctrine and also reject correction, insist on wrong words, and wrong interpretation. It is to their own detriment that they persist.

I have posted over and over ,that everyone is responsible to find out for themselves if the verse is in context .
I do not see the reason to post the whole text to prove what God says.
If we had the original scriptures ,there would not be any stop to the text .
Everyone reading this thread should always read / study for yourself to see if anything anyone posts have been posted in the proper context.Scriptures that are not rightly divided will misdirect the reader.
Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of sins. Acts 22:16 baptism for the remission of sins .
These verses should be read from verse 1 to the end of the chapter.
Always check scriptures to see if words have been added or removed.
Many words that are added are ,representative baptism ,believers baptism, faith only ,believer's prayer,sinners prayer,etc.
Never add words to God's scriptures.
The Holy Spirit put the words that God the Father wanted .

I have posted over and over ,that everyone is responsible to find out for themselves if the verse is in context .
Everyone reading this thread should always read / study for yourself to see if anything anyone posts have been posted in the proper context.Scriptures that are not rightly divided will misdirect the reader.
Acts 2:38 baptized for the remission of sins. Acts 22:16 baptism for the remission of sins .
Many words that are added are ,representative baptism ,believers baptism, faith only ,believer's prayer,sinners prayer,etc.

Are you saying that water baptism is required, meaning the act of getting wet - submerged in water and coming back up? Yes or no.

It would be a simple matter for you to make the adjustment right here and now.

Of course not! It would prove you are on shaky ground, biblically. If you think God is saying one thing and all of us are opposed to what He says, why can't you come up with the full scriptural passage to prove it? Now THAT would be a good reason to post a "whole text" of more than two partial verses that you appear to stand on for truth.

But you provide all the stops, eh?

This is why you have been encouraged multiple times to provide the entire verses which you seem to favour. Rightly dividing the word of truth is obviously not a strong suit, there.

Once again you prove to be NON-COMPLIANT.

Provide the passages in question.

Yet you think nothing of concealing the full meaning of each verse you are standing behind.

Are you saying that water baptism is required, meaning the act of getting wet - submerged in water and coming back up? Yes or no.
Baptism ( baptisma) emersion
Baptize ( baptizo ) emersion
Yes ,emersion but not an " act of getting wet"
You must be emersed for the right reason or it means nothing
Acts 2:38 baptized ( emersed ) for the remission of sins .
Acts 22:16 baptized ( emersed ) to wash away sins .

Back