Bullying...why?

2 Timothy 3:12 NKJV
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Matthew 5:10 NKJV
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Hello Lanolin;

That's a great question and I'm sure many Believers wonder about that.

We are persecuted by bullies, the bad guys and anyone who opposes Christ but we don't die for any bully.

We die unto Christ reference Romans 14:8.

As far as Peter he wasn't a bully, he just wimped out against Christ. God knows and sees all who bully His people. Woe to them!

God also knows when His servants weaken as Jesus forgave Peter reference John 21:15-19.

I hope this helps.

God bless
you, sister.
Do you think Judas was a bully, or a frenemy? I think the Pharisees were the bullies and used Judas as their hitman.

Do you think Judas was a bully, or a frenemy? I think the Pharisees were the bullies and used Judas as their hitman.

Hey Lanolin;

I don't feel Judas Iscariot was a bully. He wasn't a violent or manipulative man, but a secretive coward.

Jesus chose Judas as one of His apostles empowering them all to heal people from unclean spirits and preach the Gospels.

I guess you could call Judas a frenemy from spending everyday following Jesus' mission but increasingly he turned from Christ's cause by betraying him for a bribe from the Pharisees.

I would agree that the Pharisees were manipulative bullies as leaders to their movement (Pharisee is Hebrew for "to separate") and used their guards to enforce their laws.

God bless you, sister.

Bob

Hey Lanolin;

I don't feel Judas Iscariot was a bully. He wasn't a violent or manipulative man, but a secretive coward.

Jesus chose Judas as one of His apostles empowering them all to heal people from unclean spirits and preach the Gospels.

I guess you could call Judas a frenemy from spending everyday following Jesus' mission but increasingly he turned from Christ's cause by betraying him for a bribe from the Pharisees.

I would agree that the Pharisees were manipulative bullies as leaders to their movement (Pharisee is Hebrew for "to separate") and used their guards to enforce their laws.

God bless you, sister.

Bob
So, do you think that Judas giving back the 30 gold coins and him taking his own life was his way of retreating what he did, but had no way he thought he could have asked for forgiveness? I mean, someone had to betray Jesus, right?

So, do you think that Judas giving back the 30 gold coins and him taking his own life was his way of retreating what he did, but had no way he thought he could have asked for forgiveness? I mean, someone had to betray Jesus, right?

Hello Ray;

This has always been a discussion in our Bible Studies and Sunday School. By the time Judas returned the 30 pieces of silver, his betrayal caused him to lose all sense of right and wrong. Judas wasn't thinking forgiveness but was filled with remorse and guilt that led him to hang himself. The opportunity for repentance was there for Judas.

There have always been mixed views as to why God chose Judas to betray Jesus. We also must remember the rest of the apostles abandoned Jesus when He was arrested.

Judas admitted he had sinned, but the Pharisees "bullied" Judas by saying, "what's that to us? That's your responsibility," instead of helping Judas seek forgiveness.

God bless you, brother.

bullying goes on every day in all forms .i have seen bullying on forums . at work let a supervisor get a burr under their saddle towards a employee . i have seen workers bully other workers. not in physical form /but verbal abuse . in marriages the spouse brow beats the other one.. men and women . we ask why? its a type security many has it imbedded in them..

a lady i have known for a long time .. put something on face book. its a way of life for her a type of security. yes she is fully convinced of this to. her younger years was spent partying fighting she had a reputation for being bad. 6 ft tall bullet prof / all in all she is not a bad person but has a ego the size of calif. her dad was some what like that . spoke out loud liked the bars one time he got into a fight got his ankle broke. would not give in. many times they need the alcohol or drugs to help them become the bully

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a line from A Streetcar Named Desire - deliberate cruelty is unforgiveable.

A lot of people are cruel to each other without meaning or they don't know what they are doing --- remember Jesus said forgive them Father they know not what they are doing.

But some people DO know what they are doing and do it anyway. Thats why bullies are despicable, and dare I say it, evil. They are deliberately mean and hurtful to others and seem to derive pleasure out of it, or they get on a big power trip.

What is the unforgivable sin though? Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. How does that work. Well you can grieve the Holy Spirit so much that He won't return, or you attribute evil things to the Holy Spirit. You can insult Jesus - he can take it, God the Father can handle our complaints but if you insult the Holy Spirit when He has been nothing but kind and comforting and good to you, God sees that and can take Him away.

Back