By His stripes we are healed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I had a visit from a good friend of mine recently. He has been praying for the sick at hospitals. My wife had flu, so he comes up to her and says ''be gone''. No 'in Jesus name be gone'. No ''If it be thy will Lord, let the sickness go''. Humility = 0/10. Pride = 10/10.

I questioned him on this. This verse came up (as it always does) as something we can claim. He added that we are created just beneath God and with Jesus we are like God. Sickness listens to us. Hence the 'be gone' / I claim my healing.

God loves him. I love him. God is using him. But he is not thinking right.

Everything is subject to God's will. We are not demi gods. Claiming our prosperity, healing and what not is us removing God from an equation He wants to be a part of. We live by faith in Him. Not faith in faith / faith off some verses we repeat over and over in our minds.

You don't seem to realize that it is God's will that His children be well.

Reactions: Juk
This is not a promise from God. This is John greeting Gaius.

Please can you focus on the scitpure in the OP? I want to harp on the line ''by His stripes we are healed''. Because that is an 'absolute' statement. If it refers to bodily healing then we should all be healed.

We can all be healed through our faith in Jesus Christ and what he did for us on the cross. We need to believe the truth about how it is God's will for us.

Psalm 103:2-3
2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.

Rom 8:32 is great verse. God is showing us His heart condition. But it is a rhetorical overstatement. It cannot be taken literally. Same as most of Matt 5. 'Do not resist and evil person' = allow our wife to be raped? 'God will give us all things freely' = I want your wife / I want to be president?
There are earthly protocols and there are spiritual protocols that must be followed. I won't try and convince you, you obviously don't believe in this, so I'll let you be.

Reactions: Juk
This is not a promise from God. This is John greeting Gaius.

Please can you focus on the scitpure in the OP? I want to harp on the line ''by His stripes we are healed''. Because that is an 'absolute' statement. If it refers to bodily healing then we should all be healed.

First of all God desires a lot of things for His people and has provided them but if His people do not activate therm through His written word then it does them no good. Nothing just happens. God has always said when you do this I wilol do that or if you do this then you get these kind of results.

I agree we all should be healed but many simply do not understand.
AND WITH THAT SAID............. You have not proven that it is not asbout physical healing and only spiritual heaaling....OBTW what is this spiritual healing you are thinking on ?

Can a Christian waver on a request for bodily healing?

1. Bodily healing requires less faith then a mustard seed. Each of us are given a measure of faith when first saved. This measure enables us to confidently believe a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago is God, saves us from our sins and will give us eternal bliss. It is likely 1 000 000 000 000 times more then a mustard seed. Ie, If we waver on faith for healing, we are simply not a Christian.

2. Is faith required for prayers of needs? Does your kid need to believe you will feed him before you feed him? You will not feed, clothe or attend to the medical needs of your nervous and iliterate kid first?

3. Faith that God exists and can do X and Y is the faith that unbelievers need / are working on. Not us. The neighbours kid needs to believe your kid telling him that you can and will feed and attend to his medical needs. Your kid, knows you will. Your kid grows each day with faith in you.

You understanding of faith is holding you back Brother. Faith the size of a mustard seed is talking about Faith not just in one certain direction and there is not different types of faith. You are given a measure of faith and it is up to each -person to build on this faith or leave it week. Doubt and unbelief weekens faith brother.

Rom 8:32 is great verse. God is showing us His heart condition. But it is a rhetorical overstatement. It cannot be taken literally. Same as most of Matt 5. 'Do not resist and evil person' = allow our wife to be raped? 'God will give us all things freely' = I want your wife / I want to be president?

What are you talking about here ? Can you make this make sense please.
If you are wise you do not pick and choose what is to be believed and what is not to be believed in His written word.

I simply do not understand all these bits and pieces of words here. Can you please place them in context and explain why you say these things...: ) Thank YOU !!

Praying amiss on a prayer for healing is definitely possible but it is never as a result of not repeating / knowing 'secret' scripture. We only pray amiss if we are in unrepentant sin / are not in-Christ.

Lets say you had two kids. The one has read your will and when he gets sick or poor. He comes to you and says ''I claim / hold you to the promise you made to me in your will. I want my savings now so that I can go to the hospital / buy a mansion''. The other says '' I can't read, I am dumb, but please can you help me I am sick and or poor''. I would bet $1 million on God helping the dumb iliterate kid first. The other kid is simply disrespectful.

We are to always pray ''Lord your will be done''. We can not assume to know God's will on matters such as bodily healing and finanical prosperity. All we can hold God to is that He is good. At the end of the day once all is said and done we will grasp why God put us through what He did.

I will just say that i fully disagree. And in my opinion....and according to the Word of God (2 Corinthians 1:20) kjv "For ALL the Promises of GOD in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." Niv says For no matter how many promises God has made, they are Yes in Christ. And so through Him the Amen is spoken by us to the glory of God.

I see you write "at the end of the day all we can hold onto is that God is good". So if God is good how can He put us through anything bad? How can healing and prosperity not be apart of His goodness?

The Word of God says that we cannot say that God tempts us with evil, but when we are tempted it is because we are drawn away by our own desires. (James 1:13-14)

Blessings!

I guess it's just a matter of those that have and those that have not... Luke 19:26...

Forgive me KingJ for this has nothing to do with this thread, but as i was talking to God last night about this verse....He helped me to realize that it has a lot to do with the verse in 2 Thess. And the great deception. This verse opens the door for this to happen.

Thanks for the verse! Blessings

Can a Christian waver on a request for bodily healing?

1. Bodily healing requires less faith then a mustard seed. Each of us are given a measure of faith when first saved. This measure enables us to confidently believe a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago is God, saves us from our sins and will give us eternal bliss. It is likely 1 000 000 000 000 times more then a mustard seed. Ie, If we waver on faith for healing, we are simply not a Christian.

2. Is faith required for prayers of needs? Does your kid need to believe you will feed him before you feed him? You will not feed, clothe or attend to the medical needs of your nervous and iliterate kid first?

3. Faith that God exists and can do X and Y is the faith that unbelievers need / are working on. Not us. The neighbours kid needs to believe your kid telling him that you can and will feed and attend to his medical needs. Your kid, knows you will. Your kid grows each day with faith in you.

Do you use any particular website or books for your information? Just trying to grasp where you get your information from. Blessings

Sickness is "oppression" from the Devil. Sin and sickness go hand in hand.

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

If you do not know or believe God wants you healed then you will stay sick, unless you go the the doctor. It is simply a matter of not believing what the Word of God says!

We are to always pray ''Lord your will be done''. We can not assume to know God's will on matters such as bodily healing and finanical prosperity. All we can hold God to is that He is good. At the end of the day once all is said and done we will grasp why God put us through what He did.

What is the Word of God? It is God's will!!! If you do not know the will of God then you will never have faith to believe it, because that is where faith comes from.

Forgive me KingJ for this has nothing to do with this thread, but as i was talking to God last night about this verse....He helped me to realize that it has a lot to do with the verse in 2 Thess. And the great deception. This verse opens the door for this to happen.

Thanks for the verse! Blessings
Did you mean me?

It seems ideal to quote the line when praying for healing. But has the line got anything to do with bodily healing?

I do believe God heals. But don't believe we need / should use this scripture to support it. The verse is speaking of material matters. God bore our sins, we were dead to sins and are now alive. Adding something trivial like bodily healing does not fit, at all. ''God of the universe died for you and will revive all who were dead in their sins....and heal their toes''.

1 Pet 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I believe 1 Peter 2:24 eludes to our being healed of our sins, dead to sin to say, and now living for righteousness.
So Isaiah 53:5 talks about our transgressions, iniquities and lack of peace, and those were cast upon Him, and injured Him, He carries wounds because of it and in our place. And as such those wounds resulted in our healing.
Now I also believe you cannot quote this verse without including the preceding one. Go have a look.

I believe 1 Peter 2:24 eludes to our being healed of our sins, dead to sin to say, and now living for righteousness.
So Isaiah 53:5 talks about our transgressions, iniquities and lack of peace, and those were cast upon Him, and injured Him, He carries wounds because of it and in our place. And as such those wounds resulted in our healing.
Now I also believe you cannot quote this verse without including the preceding one. Go have a look.
Why not just quote it?

''Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted''

Are you suggesting God died for my sick body?

Some sickness does come from sin. But to suggest bodily healing warrants being mentioned along with our salvation is a joke.

You don't seem to realize that it is God's will that His children be well.
On the contrary I believe it is so entrenched in His will for us that we need not even ask for it. When holding to ''by His stripes we are healed'' we are forcing our will / overriding His / showing a lack of faith in His will for us. Don't you see the irony?

If we can't say Lord please help me with healing and if its they will let me be healed = good kid.
Lord I claim 1 Pet 2:24 whether it is your will or not for me to be sick = disrespectful kid.

On the contrary I believe it is so entrenched in His will for us that we need not even ask for it. When holding to ''by His stripes we are healed'' we are forcing our will / overriding His / showing a lack of faith in His will for us. Don't you see the irony?

If we can't say Lord please help me with healing and if its they will let me be healed = good kid.
Lord I claim 1 Pet 2:24 whether it is your will or not for me to be sick = disrespectful kid.
Hi KJ,
You said whether it is your will for me to be sick . Was this a sarcastic statement or do you believe it can be Gods will for us to be sick ? Just asking because I don't want to guess on what is being said.
Blessings Brother KJ
Jim

First of all God desires a lot of things for His people and has provided them but if His 1. people do not activate therm through His written word then it does them no good. Nothing just happens. God has always said when you do this I wilol do that or if you do this then you get these kind of results.

I agree we all should be healed but many simply do not understand.
AND WITH THAT SAID............. 2. You have not proven that it is not asbout physical healing and only spiritual heaaling....OBTW what is this spiritual healing you are thinking on ?

1. Is that how you treat your children with their needs? Your kids have to 'activate' something in you? Please tell me you can see how ridiculous that sounds brother. A good parent should help the illiterate, nervous, dumb, brain dead kid first, wouldn't you say?

2. That is the point of this thread. I am asking for an explanation on why it is does not sound incredibly ridiculous to you to include our bodily healing in the same line as our salvation.

If we just say "Lord please help me with healing and it its thy will let me be healed"....then we are not praying in faith. This is centered in doubt. Faith is what pleases God.

Your other statement will get you no where either because it is also prayed in doubt. If one is seeking healing, one needs to renew their mind to the fact that God's will is to heal. James 5:15 says that a prayer prayed in faith will make the sick person well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back