Contradictions In The Bible???

Believe me the "sidetrack" is from a demonic source, ...yes we are weak, but I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.

And more along the line of knowing how and when you were born again, Father wants us to have this assurance, "These thing I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW you have eternal life." 1 Jn 5:13

Time for work, talk to you later,

Blessings,

Gene

I am not saying that I think people are incapable of evil, I am saying they are capable of both without any external arm twisting.

If all people can consistently do “good”, then there is no need for law.Law was created because there is “bad” in all of us.
Is the Law then intend to force (arm twisting) us to do good or forces us not to do bad?

I do not think so: It’s intention is not to force anyone.
The law is there to put things in order:
Root word of “law” is layer: to put things in order.

If all people can consistently do “good”, then there is no need for law.Law was created because there is “bad” in all of us.
Is the Law then intend to force (arm twisting) us to do good or forces us not to do bad?

Of course theres bad in all of us as there also is good in us and if people can't do good all the time why would they do bad all the time.

aha........the Law was given to convict man of sin, not to save him. No one has ever been saved by the Law because there is no provision in the Law for salvation.

Of course theres bad in all of us as there also is good in us and if people can't do good all the time why would they do bad all the time.

BUT the point is that there is no amount of good that a man can do that would impress God to share heaven with Him.

We do bad because we are depraved, lost sinners. Sinners sin for the same reason that dogs bark........they are dogs and the nature of dogs is that they bark and sinners sin.

Then the serial killer can do good if he chooses, so therefore everyone is capable of doing good no matter how bad they are.

I would never deny that anyone could do anything that might be "good" as far as men would construe it. But the serial killers "good" deed does not change the basic fact that he is an evil person. And that is the point I'm trying to make. A person may do deeds that appear "good" in the eyes of men, but that doesn't cover the evil deeds that they do in eyes of God. The serial killer will not be let off by the court on the basis of a good deed. Likewise, we have sinned against a holy God, and no amount of deeds that men would construe as "good" will change that fact.

Well to answer your question, because they are good people and they didnt just adopt my daughter but many children. Besides this I can prove my daughters foster parents love my daughter, first because they took care of her and still do and second because my daughter made them her legal parents this year. You think any of that would happen if there motives were selfish. But don't get me wrong I am not saying that I think people are incapable of evil, I am saying they are capable of both without any external arm twisting.

:) What they are doing is ''good''. Let me try explain from a different angle. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Looking after widows / orphans = 100% Christianity = leaving door wide open for Jesus to come in.

Jesus does not take His time to come in, which means if He is not in, there HAS to be a reason why!!!!!!!!!! Take Muslims for example. They do many good deeds similar to those foster parents. Their motivation is obedience to their religion and the rewards they will get. I have heard many testimonies of Muslims seeking to do more good works being saved and finding Christ. It is inevitable that if our heart is after the things of God, we will find God.

Just try see the logic that either our father is the devil (= selfishness with appearance of good) or our father is Jesus. The devil is more then capable of doing many ''good'' works for his followers!!

Since good works can't save you but be by the grace of god, if my daughters foster parents die today they will be sent into the everlasting fires of hell.

No one can say here that no one wont go to hell if they believe all the posts above about how evil and sinfull they are without god. Since works don't save you, you only have one choice, believe or perish. How then does one account for the millions who never heard the gospel, do they go to hell by defult. If you say "no people who never heard the gospel don't go to hell," but they have to since god can't save anyone who does not have faith and if he can just for those people then faith is useless, since those people didn't have it under those conditions and were saved.

The Answer to your question is found in Romans 1-3. I would suggest that you study this passage closely. Compare it with Acts 10. There you will read about a man in the position you describe. He did not know about Jesus or the gospel, but he did respond favorably to what feeble knowledge of God that he had. So God saw to it that he heard the gospel because he had responded to God in what manner he was capable of. Those without the gospel are accountable for what knowledge they do possess. They are without excuse according to the Bible. Romans 1:20;

'For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse'

Notice that by the testimony of nature itself, all men are capable of understanding God's existence and power. They at least have that much light, even though they may not know about Christ. And that much light makes them accountable to God. If they respond to what light they have, God will give them more light to lead them to salvation just as he did with Cornelius. Remember, God knows every heart, so he knows who will respond to the gospel if given a chance and who will not. God will not let anyone perish who responds to the light he has given them. Chinese Pastor Brother Yun recounts in his book The Heavenly Man a story of missionaries arriving in a remote Chinese village which had never had the gospel preached to them. When the missionaries arrived, some people in the village recounted having heard of Jesus through visions of angels. See the similarity to the story in Acts 10? God will not let anyone perish that he knows will accept the gospel. Not everyone hears the gospel, but God foreknows the elect, and he will not let them perish. Those who die lost without having heard the gospel do so because they did not respond to the light that they did have.

But the issue here ultimately is this: God will judge rightly. He will not judge amiss concerning those who never heard about Jesus. But the issue is that YOU are not one of those people. You know about Christ, and I presume something of the gospel. You are responsible to God to respond to the light that YOU HAVE.

The Answer to your question is found in . I would suggest that you study this passage closely. Compare it with . There you will read about a man in the position you describe. He did not know about Jesus or the gospel, but he did respond favorably to what feeble knowledge of God that he had. So God saw to it that he heard the gospel because he had responded to God in what manner he was capable of. Those without the gospel are accountable for what knowledge they do possess. They are without excuse according to the Bible. ;

'For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse'

Notice that by the testimony of nature itself, all men are capable of understanding God's existence and power. They at least have that much light, even though they may not know about Christ. And that much light makes them accountable to God. If they respond to what light they have, God will give them more light to lead them to salvation just as he did with Cornelius. Remember, God knows every heart, so he knows who will respond to the gospel if given a chance and who will not. God will not let anyone perish who responds to the light he has given them. Chinese Pastor Brother Yun recounts in his book The Heavenly Man a story of missionaries arriving in a remote Chinese village which had never had the gospel preached to them. When the missionaries arrived, some people in the village recounted having heard of Jesus through visions of angels. See the similarity to the story in ? God will not let anyone perish that he knows will accept the gospel. Not everyone hears the gospel, but God foreknows the elect, and he will not let them perish. Those who die lost without having heard the gospel do so because they did not respond to the light that they did have.

But the issue here ultimately is this: God will judge rightly. He will not judge amiss concerning those who never heard about Jesus. But the issue is that YOU are not one of those people. You know about Christ, and I presume something of the gospel. You are responsible to God to respond to the light that YOU HAVE.
If people can be saved by what they respond to from god before they hear the gospel then whats the use of the gospel. Is it better to not tell people the gospel in the first place since once you do that you have put that person into position of accountability.

Is it better for me to not tell my daughters foster parents about jesus because as you say (at the moment they do respond to the light of christ by caring for and loving her) However if I tell them the gospel then the odds are stacked against them to respond, since after they hear it they will then have to accept it or perish. But if I leave them alone and say nothing the good they do in response to jesus will be rewarded.

Like jesus said, if you even give a cup of cold water to one of these little ones......

And they have sure done that.

If a person responds to the light they have, they should welcome the further enlightenment of the Gospel. If they seek truth, they should welcome finding the Truth. Should we withhold Truth from the seeker thinking to do them a favor? In sharing the Truth, are you stacking the odds against them, or are you stacking the odds in their favor by giving them they key to salvation?

Your always stacking the odds against people when you add more variables. If there was only one church, one spirit or one gospel then yes your right, but then there is not one church but thousands, but then there is not one spirit but many (as the bible says), but then there is not one gospel but hundreds. You put all these variables together and then say your chances incress in finding the truth and remember out of all those variables theres still only one way.

Your always stacking the odds against people when you add more variables. If there was only one church, one spirit or one gospel then yes your right, but there is not one church but thousands, but there is not one spirit but many as the bible says, but there is not one gospel but hundreds. You put all thise variables together and then say your chances incress and remember out of all those variables theres only one way.

There is only one spirit of God on earth. He has been reaching out to us since day one. How do you think God chose Abraham / Noah / Abel's sacrifice over Cains if He was not roaming the earth in some way, searching the hearts of men? There is only one truth.

What helps to grasp this better is looking at things in reverse. There is a hell and heaven. Do you think an impartial God (Acts 10:34) who relents from sending calamity (Jonah 4:2) would send someone to hell who does not deserve it? Everyone that goes to hell, has rejected God. Everyone in heaven accepts Him. God revealed Himself through Jesus and Jesus is God. Hence, today, anyone who rejects Jesus is rejecting God.

There is only one spirit of God on earth. He has been reaching out to us since day one. How do you think God chose Abraham / Noah / Abel's sacrifice over Cains if He was not roaming the earth in some way, searching the hearts of men? There is only one truth. There are many people on their way to it as God is known through His creation Rom 1:20. Hence God has got hope for everyone who is living.

What helps to grasp this better is looking at things in reverse. There is a hell and heaven. Do you think an impartial God (Acts 10:34) who relents from sending calamity (Jonah 4:2) would send someone to hell who does not deserve it? Everyone that goes to hell, has rejected God. Everyone in heaven accepts Him. God revealed Himself through Jesus and Jesus is God.
How many people do you think can stand by and watch there own children being burt for more than a split second, only a few, but then how many more could stand by and watch the parent who watched there child burn for a few hours more, many but not all. But then who could do that for eternity, only god

Please in future try and judge God better. You are judging the situation biasedly with absolutely no effort in defending God. You just outright assume God is dumb and evil? The God that died for you and made you? You really think any of us love more then God?

Accept God = Go live with Him. Reject God = Go live without Him. Being able to accept or reject = free will = GOOD God!! Wages of sin = death. God died for all of us who choose to repent and hate sin = Good God. Those who reject His love / sacrifice and sin as they desire = evil. Every sin needs punishment, that is a law that nobody, not even God chooses to escape from. Fortunately for all, God is a good and righteous judge. Those that go to hell will get their just reward. Those that go to heaven will get their just reward.

Please in future try and judge God better. You are judging the situation biasedly with absolutely no effort in defending God. You just outright assume God is dumb and evil? The God that died for you and made you? You really think any of us love more then God?

Accept God = Go live with Him. Reject God = Go live without Him. Being able to accept or reject = free will = GOOD God!! Wages of sin = death. God died for all of us who choose to repent and hate sin = Good God. Those who reject His love / sacrifice and sin as they desire = evil. Every sin needs punishment, that is a law that nobody, not even God chooses to escape from. Fortunately for all, God is a good and righteous judge. Those that go to hell will get their just reward. Those that go to heaven will get their just reward.

I think this whole narrative that God is up there somewhere doling out eternal punishment to some and eternal reward to others is fundamentally flawed, or perhaps more accurately, is exactly half of the story. God made man perfect, and for that short amount of time that Man was perfect, he could walk with God easily and comfortably, "in the cool of the evening", so to speak. But God is a consuming fire, not because he's cruel or spiteful, but simply because perfect holiness utterly destroys that which is impure. Plenty of scripture testifies to this: the account of Moses whom God, in his grace, allowed to barely glimpse His glory after he hid in the cleft of a rock. This bare glimpse almost killed Moses: only God's mercy allowed Moses to survive that tiny encounter. Or, " He is like a refiner's fire; who shall stand when he appears?". Many other passages testify to this nature of God's holiness but I will not pile on.

To put this in a way that will have all Calvinists screaming (being a calvinist, I can tesify to this): after Adam and Eve sinned, God was in a quandary. Here is Man, whom he loves, yet if he brings Man into his presence, Man will be completely and utterly destroyed, because impurity and sin cannot stand before pefect holiness. What is God to do? He can banish Man forever from His presence, and we would live on a "Lord of the Flies" kind of planet, with some vague sense that something was horribly amiss. Or He can, if He is a merciful God, work out an arrangement whereby, in perfect justice, Man can be "rectified" in exactly the same way he fell into sin: one at a time, by seeing, and then believing. Just as man saw the forbidden fruit, and believed the serpent, so man can (dimly) see God's truth, and believe, and because of the terrible judgement poured out on Christ,
Man is made right again. Without this supernatural and, frankly, imcomprehensible, work of mercy, man is doomed to utter destruction as soon as he walks into God's presence, again, not because God is vengeful, but because his utter holiness simply always burns up unrighteousness like stubble. Until we understand the conflagratory nature of holiness, we really don't understand the words so blithely and easily uttered all the time about God's mercy. Every time we utter the words "God's mercy", we ought to fall on our knees. And suddenly all the talk about "the fear of God" makes a lot more sense. I have no patience for those who say that "fear" really means "respect". No, it means FEAR, dang it. God is not our buddy, he is our utterly perfect, holy Father who deigned to save us, only because he would have it no other way. A little fear in such a case makes perfect sense. And surely scripture testifies to this, because every time any of the writers of scripture were visited by a vision of God or his holy angels, fear was always the first reaction.

And speaking of fear, I fear my little narrative above is a little murky, but I haven't any more time to go back and further edit it. In any case, don't let the Calvinists read it.
Theo von H.

Back