Did Dinosaurs Co-exist With Biblical Man?

Oooo... and another great mystery (that I love) is the phenomenon of the speed of light slowing down over time! That is, using the same test as they did in the 1700's: specific distance, synchronized watches and you'll find that the speed of light slows by 1% every 100 years. In the 300 years of records, the speed of light has slowed 3%. It was discovered by the on of the moons of Jupiter reflection off Jupiter (I think). While that is interesting, what's amazing is that in ~1956 it stopped (sort of) because they no longer measured it that way but turned to the cycles of a specific atom (cesium?) as the clock for the light and distance part, and it has never changed. But if you do the light/distance/time test today, it is still slowing. So, what's going on? If the phenomenon is not present when using atoms, does this mean that all the atoms in the universe are also slowing down at the same rate as light travel? Hmmm... something to think about.

Personally I have no problem with the earth being older than 6000 years , Gen 1:1 tells us that God created the heavens and the earth, it does not tell us when, ...the point being made is they were created by a Creator (Intelligent Design), Gen 1:2 tells us the already created earth became without form and void and was covered with water and the rest of the chapter tells us the works of the Creator. We who are born again children of God are to walk by faith, that doesn't mean we will understand everything, and that is one of the major points that differentiates us from the non-believer, we believe in faith and then we can understand, the non-believer says I won't believe in faith until I understand, ...how sad., but then, didn't Jesus tell us, no one can come to Him unless the Father draws them?

By faith we believe there were dinosaurs in the ark because we are told two of every kind (of animals) would come to Noah Gen 6:20, we believe what our loving Heavenly Father has recorded for us and not the Jurassic Park version of truth from Hollywood, before the flood all of the animals ate grass Gen 1:30, ...T-rex didn't eat flesh! We are told after the flood Noah was to eat meat Gen 9:3 and quite probably the animal kingdom became carnivorous too.

When considering all of the secular world's arguments against the Biblical account of the creation of the universe and the recreation of this planet, i.e., we know T-Rex ate meat because of his teeth, ...these verses cruse through my mind,

Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1 Cor 1:20

and,

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1 Cor 1:27

I love it, ...my Father could/can create a T-Rex with teeth for ripping flesh apart and yet have him eat grass, ......the real question is, ...how big is your God?

Since the dinosaur would probably be considered an unclean animal there would be only two in the Ark, so if the Flood destroyed all of them but two of each kind then extinction of the remaining two is not that hard to understand, ...also, another very important reality, that has already been expressed in this thread, has entered into the life of poor old T-Rex, ...while ya'll are hunting for a BIG dinner I'll be starting the fire, ...viva la BBQ!

Blessings,

Gene

Hey Silk, I went searching on Google about how to cook T-Rex, ...I found unconfirmed rumors that he tasted like chicken, LOL, that started a craving for some BBQ chicken, went to the store and as they say, the rest is history.

Blessings, Gene

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: o->--< Oh they say everything odd tastes like chicken, just to get you to try it. But you know hot sauce makes everything taste better. (yummmm rotisserie chicken....Silk <------going to defrost chicken)....

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: o->--< Oh they say everything odd tastes like chicken, just to get you to try it. But you know hot sauce makes everything taste better. (yummmm rotisserie chicken....Silk <------going to defrost chicken)....

Very true! They do say everything tastes like chicken. I remember someone told me frogs tasted like chicken. So I went to a restaurant that served frogs, and guess what it tasted like.. Frogs. I guess some people think chicken tastes like a dirty pond.

This thread is killin me lol ;-)
Love it!
I can't wait til Jesus comes back and all the questions fade away..

I was thinking that is man lived with dinowhatevers.............the invention of fire would have lead to BBQ and that probably is why the dino's went extinct.

Yeah...it's good to kick back and laugh. I can't imagine a time with no questions...it sounds like Heaven to me. :)

I had a very old and wise professor many years ago that said to us................

The only reason why science is so focused on millions of years ago and dinosaurs, is because they can not disprove Calvary and the work of Jesus Christ on the cross that was just 2000 years ago. So then, their effort is to cause discourse and offer questions that counter the original Creation story from God.

That sounds simplistic but as I grow older it is making a lot of sense to me.

The real lesson then in all of this evolution and creation stuff is that it is not important HOW you start............it is only important HOW YOU FINISH!!!

I wonder.......if we are twice as big as we were 30 years ago, do we then get twice the blessings from God?

I don't want to give false hope, Major - but I certainly hope so. (checking my barometric pressure -grin)

Yeah...it's good to kick back and laugh. I can't imagine a time with no questions...it sounds like Heaven to me. :)

I agree, I guess it's just my nature to hijack threads, but really what can we do, we cuss and discuss, argue and pout, , ...but God is still on His Throne and anything we might say, think or do is not going to change what He has planned, ...so isn't laughter really the best medicine?

Blessings,

Gene

I had a very old and wise professor many years ago that said to us................

The only reason why science is so focused on millions of years ago and dinosaurs, is because they can not disprove Calvary and the work of Jesus Christ on the cross that was just 2000 years ago. So then, their effort is to cause discourse and offer questions that counter the original Creation story from God.

That sounds simplistic but as I grow older it is making a lot of sense to me.

The real lesson then in all of this evolution and creation stuff is that it is not important HOW you start............it is only important HOW YOU FINISH!!!

I would have to disagree, you make it sound as though science has an ultimate aim to disprove something. It is not a means to an end, it's just a conclusion born from observation.

I really don't get this idea that science aims to disprove god, it simply does not care about god that's all.

I would have to disagree, you make it sound as though science has an ultimate aim to disprove something. It is not a means to an end, it's just a conclusion born from observation.

I really don't get this idea that science aims to disprove god, it simply does not care about god that's all.

It is OK to disagree.

Some people say I am ugly.........but I am forced to disagree with them. See!

I don't necessarily think science is trying to "prove" against God. I think, in the past, they got too besotted with their own theories. They say Darwin waited until his very religious (also beloved) wife died before he published. And there is a lot of dissent against evolution these days, at least where humans are concerned. The speed at which we are learning things today actually, IMO, is bringing science more in line with religion. What concerns me the most (as I have said elsewhere) is that the advances in knowledge about dna, while it points to a creator, is becoming aligned with "aliens" came down to earth and being advanced technologically, changed our dna to advance human civilization. As crazy as this sounds - it is literally being more and more accepted by people.
My two cents.

Tubby, I don't say this disrespectfully, but I think you are out of touch with reality on what you believe scientists believe.

Just Google, "scientist turning to God," and that should give you something scientific to read.

You claim to be an atheist,

From the Online Entomology Dictionary,

atheist (n.)
1570s, from French athéiste (16c.), from Greek atheos "without god, denying the gods; abandoned of the gods; godless, ungodly," from a- "without" + theos "a god" (see theo-).

but by your own words you are saying/proving there is a God.

So the real issue/question here is, after reading your posts and all of your efforts to try and convince yourself, by coming to a Christian Forum and arguing with us who believe there is a God, there is no God, ...what happened in your life to cause you to turn away from God?

Just take a minute to think about it,

...with all of the hatred, anger, blasphemous things you have said against Him, tried to bring Him down, drag His name in the mud,

...at this very moment in time, while you are reading this,

...He loves you with an everlasting love, He always has and He always will, maybe you have been hurt by some of His children, but that is not God hurting you, that is sinful mankind,

no Tubby..., God loves you, took the punishment you and I deserved and willingly subjected Himself to being whipped, whipped so unmercifully that the historian of that time tells us after 20 lashes His backside was turned to hamburger, so they turned Him around and whipped His front side into hamburger with 19 more lashes, then they were so ashamed of what they had done in their cruelty they dressed Him again so the public would/couldn't see His condition and have mercy on Him, then condemned to be crucified He was to carry the top bar of His Cross, but since His muscles and sinews had been so torn and shredded, combined with the great amount of blood that He had lost, being so weakened, another had to carry His Cross down the Via Delorosa to Golgotha, after arriving there He was laid on the top beam, arms outstretched and nails were driven through His hands, once secured He was hoisted up and the cross beam was tied to the vertical beam already buried in the ground, His feet were then nailed to the Cross, Jesus, your Creator, who you have admitted you have turned away from, ...was crucified.

Can you see that?

Can you see Him hanging there bloody and bruised, a crown of thorns 6" long beaten into His skull, His blood running down the cross.

Can you see it?

Tubby, can you imagine the pain He must of felt?

Now look back through the tunnel of time Tubby, from today, right now, to then.

Can you hear the first words spoken by Jesus from the Cross?

"Father, forgive Tubby, he doesn't know what he is doing!" Luke 23:24

He loves you Tubby, He always has and He always will, ...you must be real tired from trying to eliminate Him from your thoughts, isn't it time you stop running, stop fighting, ...lay down your arguments and just come to Jesus.

In His Love,

Gene

Back