Did Jesus Die For Everyone...?

Sooo you believe " Once Saved...Always Saved" Jesus did die for all our sins however we have to do our part as he laid out through his Apostles in the Book of Acts.

no I don't believe another Gospel ..
and no Jesus said His blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins for many .. not all
why don't you believe Him ???

I never said it's applied to all, I said it's AVAILABLE to all. Anyone who wants it can partake of it and be reborn from death into life. Otherwise, if it weren't available to all mankind then they would need Jesus to come back and do something extra. But it's finished, and it's for all mankind. The only sin left that can keep someone out of Heaven is the rejection of Jesus, because they refuse the only way to get rid of their sins through what He DID already at the cross.

Very well put...

Mat 26:28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins (NOT ALL)
Mar 14:24 And He said to them, “This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many. (NOT ALL)

The many means all who would receive Him, though any may receive Him all will not, some will reject Him...to as many as rceive Him He gives the right to become the children of God

That Jesus died for the sins of the world does not mean He eradicated all sins or the consequence of the sins of all but just that as many as to whom His sin offering is applied (those who faithe)

Mat 26:28
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

check the Greek .. it says "πολύς polys" not "πᾶς pas" ..

The many means all who would receive Him, though any may receive Him all will not, some will reject Him...to as many as rceive Him He gives the right to become the children of God

it does not say his blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins for all, but only many will accept ..

BTW: Paul, I agreed with you ..

Last edited:
you need to explain HOW if His sin was poured out for all sins (thus all sins are covered by His blood) .. how Jesus then can condemn for sins .. simple .. the debt He paid He will apply that to whomsoever ..

no one is covered by the debt He paid for sin UNTIL they believe and repent .. if you do not .. then it is not applied to you ..

ONLY THESE ARE COVERED BY HIS BLOOD ..

BTW: this was to Ricko1

Last edited:
"Confess with your mouth The Lord Jesus, and thou and thy house shall be saved"...and that is all their is...YOUR Saved....sure about that Preacher??

just curious preacher .. how did you get I believe in OSAS ???
I know about 200 scripture verses that refute it ..

I don' t believe is OSAS I assumed you did, I apologize if that was not what I was reading. I don' t believe in OSAS either, so like I did you mis read what I was saying...Amen

You took out of context what actually I wrote to you about " Confess with your mouth...Next time please quote the entire sentences prior to That word " Confess" Thank you so much..

I don' t believe is OSAS I assumed you did, I apologize if that was not what I was reading. I don' t believe in OSAS either, so like I did you mis read what I was saying...Amen

I apologize too ..
FYI: I just use peoples same words .. so no offense meant ..
also, I am of no denomination, so I don't have anyone talking in my ear but the HS ..

fair enough .. the HS is my teacher .. it is the greatest thing that ever happened to me in my life .. many who are not given this gift do try and be teachers .. and that is a slippery slope ..

Jam 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

I apologize too ..
FYI: I just use peoples same words .. so no offense meant ..
also, I am of no denomination, so I don't have anyone talking in my ear but the HS ..

fair enough .. the HS is my teacher .. it is the greatest thing that ever happened to me in my life .. many who are not given this gift do try and be teachers .. and that is a slippery slope ..

Jam 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.
I am Led by His Spirit...been living for him for going on 27 years, etc. We must live totally by his word. There is no errors, and no other choice to be saved. I hate False Doctrines, and those leading people astray....Got to go get up at 4AM..Goodnight, God Bless.

Hi Rodain... what you are then saying is that once saved always saved and one cannot lose it... if by once confessing sins (unrighteousness) and one becomes cleansed of past sins (righteous now) that one cannot fall and become a sinner again but will always be without sin. i am not trying to start a whole debate about OSAS because i know those that believe this do not ever want to think they can lose it, but humans are not righteous all the time, most of the time those that choose to be on the path of our Lord are but they do fall. Of course if by their own choice they want to be repentant of their sins then they will be cleansed again, for our Lord accepts our true repentance all the time it is done with our heart. Yes, He does offer us all of His blessings and gifts and love but it is up to us and our decisions that allows us to partake of His gifts.

There are sins which cannot be forgiven, and our Lord Jesus says:

"'He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come" (Matthew 12:22-32).

i am also sure that it is not just speaking against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven, our separation from God is a mortal sin because it is spiritual death the same death that God the Father had warned of to Adam and Eve ... Yet, even this one can be forgiven by our Lord Jesus, when we separate ourselves from Him we can always come back to Him as did the prodigal son. But, i do ask, if it is only speaking against the Holy Spirit which makes the sin unpardonable neither here nor in the afterlife...

I used to believe you could lose your salvation, until I learned more about the Scriptures.

Let me ask you this: when you were unsaved, were you able to bypass Jesus and decide unilaterally that you would stop being a sinner? Were you able to say, "That's it, I'm done being a sinner, I'm going to stop being counted as one, just by my confession."
Obviously not, God had to send Jesus for us to do that.
So since you could not stop being a sinner before you were saved, how do you think you can stop being righteous after receiving Jesus? If you couldn't change your state before Jesus, how do you think you can do it now? What Jesus did for you is infinitely more powerful than what Adam did.
It's like when Jesus said who of you by worrying can add even 1 cubit to your stature? And if it can't even do little things like that...We could say the same thing here: who of you by deciding can become unsaved when you could not decide to become saved before? Once you're in, you're in.
There is only 1 unforgiveable sin: the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is speaking against Him, in 1 John we see that the Holy Spirit convicts the WORLD of sin (not the Believer) and if you say you have no sin, you cannot be forgiven, because you won't accept Jesus Who was the propitiation for your sins. In other words, if you say you have no sin, you can't be forgiven because you won't receive it. Every other sin has been forgiven already by Jesus' sacrifice for us.

I deem you do not yet comprehend that Jesus' sacrifice made it so that we need never offer another sacrifice. In the old covenant (OC), if you sinned, you had to bring your appropriate sacrifice to the high priest, who would inspect it, and impute your sin to the animal and receive the animal's righteousness, though neither of you deserved or earned what you got. Then you slew it and the High Priest offered it to God Who accepted it and you went away back under the Blessing, righteous.
Jesus did away with the practice of having to offer sacrifices anymore, because the forgiveness has already been given and your sins have already been imputed to Jesus on the cross, and God already received that sacrifice and blessed you and made you righteous. That's why it's the GOOD NEWS: you don't have to do the sacrifices anymore, Jesus was the last sacrifice! Otherwise it would be the same system over again and instead of an animal you offer yourself, which is an insult to what Jesus already did in your place.

The words for righteousness and sin in the last part of Romans 5 are NOUNS, not verbs. They explain that you used to exist in a state of sin, but now through Jesus you exist in a state of righteousness that cannot be cancelled, for after all, it isn't yours, though you are it and walk in it - Isaiah 54:17 says your righteousness is GOD'S OWN righteousness. Are you saying His righteousness isn't good enough?
Now Romans 5, nor anywhere in the Bible, does not say that because you ARE righteous that now you will be able to never sin again, it simply says you are righteous.
When you were a sinner, you could do all the righteousness you ever wanted and it would never get counted righteous by God, because you existed in the state of sin, because Adam made you a sinner (notice you were not a sinner by your own sins).
Now that you are righteous, you could sin and sin, but it will never cancel your righteousness, because you are in the state (or as the text says, "the prison of righteousness") of righteousness. So since doing righteousness when you were a sinner didn't make you righteous, doing sin while being righteous doesn't make you a sinner again.
This should be fairly clear, if it isn't I will elaborate.

I used to believe you could lose your salvation, until I learned more about the Scriptures.

Let me ask you this: when you were unsaved, were you able to bypass Jesus and decide unilaterally that you would stop being a sinner? Were you able to say, "That's it, I'm done being a sinner, I'm going to stop being counted as one, just by my confession."
Obviously not, God had to send Jesus for us to do that.
So since you could not stop being a sinner before you were saved, how do you think you can stop being righteous after receiving Jesus? If you couldn't change your state before Jesus, how do you think you can do it now? What Jesus did for you is infinitely more powerful than what Adam did.
It's like when Jesus said who of you by worrying can add even 1 cubit to your stature? And if it can't even do little things like that...We could say the same thing here: who of you by deciding can become unsaved when you could not decide to become saved before? Once you're in, you're in.
There is only 1 unforgiveable sin: the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is speaking against Him, in 1 John we see that the Holy Spirit convicts the WORLD of sin (not the Believer) and if you say you have no sin, you cannot be forgiven, because you won't accept Jesus Who was the propitiation for your sins. In other words, if you say you have no sin, you can't be forgiven because you won't receive it. Every other sin has been forgiven already by Jesus' sacrifice for us.

I deem you do not yet comprehend that Jesus' sacrifice made it so that we need never offer another sacrifice. In the old covenant (OC), if you sinned, you had to bring your appropriate sacrifice to the high priest, who would inspect it, and impute your sin to the animal and receive the animal's righteousness, though neither of you deserved or earned what you got. Then you slew it and the High Priest offered it to God Who accepted it and you went away back under the Blessing, righteous.
Jesus did away with the practice of having to offer sacrifices anymore, because the forgiveness has already been given and your sins have already been imputed to Jesus on the cross, and God already received that sacrifice and blessed you and made you righteous. That's why it's the GOOD NEWS: you don't have to do the sacrifices anymore, Jesus was the last sacrifice! Otherwise it would be the same system over again and instead of an animal you offer yourself, which is an insult to what Jesus already did in your place.

The words for righteousness and sin in the last part of Romans 5 are NOUNS, not verbs. They explain that you used to exist in a state of sin, but now through Jesus you exist in a state of righteousness that cannot be cancelled, for after all, it isn't yours, though you are it and walk in it - Isaiah 54:17 says your righteousness is GOD'S OWN righteousness. Are you saying His righteousness isn't good enough?
Now Romans 5, nor anywhere in the Bible, does not say that because you ARE righteous that now you will be able to never sin again, it simply says you are righteous.
When you were a sinner, you could do all the righteousness you ever wanted and it would never get counted righteous by God, because you existed in the state of sin, because Adam made you a sinner (notice you were not a sinner by your own sins).
Now that you are righteous, you could sin and sin, but it will never cancel your righteousness, because you are in the state (or as the text says, "the prison of righteousness") of righteousness. So since doing righteousness when you were a sinner didn't make you righteous, doing sin while being righteous doesn't make you a sinner again.
This should be fairly clear, if it isn't I will elaborate.

Rodain...didn't really want to dwell on OSAS because i know this will go on forever and no one will change their mind, though i do think it is rather 'wishful' to think that once saved you cannot lose it for Christ told us in many ways that we can and will if we don't keep on getting on His path when we fall...

Matthew 24:22 And if those days had not been cut short, no one would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

If you don't mind Rodain, how do you know when you are saved, for ever ...? i know people (and this is not pertaining to you) who have joyfully exclaimed loudly they were 'saved' and their family 'saved' only to find they committed some time after some pretty bad sins. Of course i was happy for them at first because for me when one said they were 'saved' it meant they received the Word of God and accepted it as truth in their life, and of course i was saddened to find out afterwards of their actions against God. As a Catholic i accept God's Word to be all in my life, to follow as best i can in my human flesh our Lord Jesus path, that is my mission here on earth, and when i fall i get back on with my heart asking for forgiveness. No sacrifice, except the sacrifice of my ego and my self to the service of Him that is my Lord and God... i know i am not always 'saved' because i fail Him in my weaknesses but thank God that now i know how to get back close to Him.

i pray for righteousness in my daily life and i also pray to keep me strong, righteousness is not something we have all the time, it is our choice if we want it, and work at it, and if we choose it out of our free will.

The great painter Michelangelo used real people in his paintings, he would go out in the city and look in bars, restaurants, the streets for models for his frescoes. In one he needed an angel and he found a young man who was beautiful and looked like an angel, and he used him in the fresco. Years later he again was looking for another model for his work of art, this time a devil, so he looked for someone that would represent a devil and he had to be evil looking in his eyes and features. He found one in a bar and used him as a model, only to find out later this was the same man who he had used years before as an angel. By the way this is a true story, and i used this story to show how we can be in the grace of God and righteous and lose it by choice. Yes, of course the man can repent.

As a child i was so in love with God, i prayed to our Lord Jesus with all my heart, but didn't understand the Holy Spirit yet, though now i know He was there in my heart. After communion when coming out of church i made sure i did not spit till i got home to drink water because i didn't want to spit out the body of Christ. i also remember the agony i went thru (sounds silly to most of you i am sure) when once as a kid i came out of church and i spit in the street, i agonized what to do and thank God for my mother for she assuaged and reassured me i had not lost Jesus out of my body when i spit... now thinking back it was the Holy Spirit in me that was with me all along and that put that fire in me for my Lord Jesus. But, i chose as a grown person to put God on the back burner, and did not want to think of Him, and avoided any talk of Him. But God had other plans, and i chose of my free will because i insisted in knowing the Holy Spirit, and insisted in knowing God and His Names and our Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit... but it was going against my will that i changed, but it was my insistence that i wanted God back in my life, on my forehead, and stamped in my hand that made the difference.

Job did not stay righteous because he was born that way, he was righteous because he worked at it.

You need to explain HOW if His sin was poured out for all sins (thus all sins are covered by His blood) .. how Jesus then can condemn for sins .. simple

Yes! Jesus condemns no one...(not that there will not be those who are condemned) because " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Unbelief is condemnation (John 3:18; Mark 16:16)

if Jesus died for ALL men, and ALL were forgiven at the cross ..
why does Jesus send people to hell ??? .. seriously, please answer that ..

here are just a couple verses that don't fit into your THEOLOGY ..

Luk 12:5 "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

Mat 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Mat 25:46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

1Pe 4:18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?

Mat 6:15 "But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Hbr 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Hbr 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Hbr 6:6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Mar 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, ’Lord, Lord, ’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Luk 13:5 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Mat 5:22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Mat 5:29 "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHY JESUS SAID "FATHER FORGIVE THEM" ON THE CROSS .. NOR WHO HE WAS SPEAKING ABOUT ..
IT WAS ABOUT THOSE WHO NAILED HIM TO THE CROSS ..

1) CENTURION SHOWING A BELIEF JESUS WAS GOD
Mar 15:39 When the centurion, who was standing right in front of Him, saw the way He breathed His last, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!"

2) CENTURION ACKNOWLEDGING HIS SINS AND SHOWING REPENTANCE
Luk 23:47 Now when the centurion saw what had happened, he began praising God, saying, "Certainly this man was innocent."

3) CENTURION SEEKING TO OBEY GODS WILL FOR HIM
Luk 23:47 Now when the centurion saw what had happened, he began praising God, saying, "Certainly this man was innocent."

I USED THE ABOVE VERSE TWICE BECAUSE HE BEGAN PRAISING GOD ..

You did not understand my comment. There are two very important words in scripture: mercy, which is the a key word in the Old Testament; and Grace, which is a key word in the New Testament.
Mercy corresponds to forgiveness; that we may ALL come to repentance. God's prophets spoke and said that God promised mercy if the people would abide in His commandments and statutes. Yet the promise of salvation was only prophetic, while mercy was readily attainable if the people obeyed. Mercy holds back God's judgment, and was manifest in them that believed.
Grace was revealed to us after the Lord Jesus died, was buried, and rose from the dead. It is the witness found in Acts 2:1-4; which is, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit! While only a few men (and fewer women) received the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament, EVERYONE has the opportunity to be filled with the Holy Spirit today. So forgiveness is for EVERYONE, regardless of our faith. God is giving us all an opportunity to repent.
You ask: "Why does Jesus send people to hell?" Answer: Jesus will NEVER and HAS NEVER sent anyone to hell! God spoke, saying, "...my WORD will not come back to me void, but it will accomplish that thing whereto I send it." It is written: "I call heaven and earth against you this day, that I have placed before you life and death; good and evil. Choose therefore life, that both you and your seed may live." So it is not the Lord Jesus that sends anyone to hell: but men are volunteering to go there every day! Can't you see that God's WORD will not return to Him void, but "...will accomplish...".

lol ..
if Jesus' blood covered ALL sins and not MANY .. then Jesus MISSPOKE according to "you" .. you better go straighten Him out ..

also according to "you", Jesus sure must be unrighteous to forgive all sins, and still send people to hell for those same sins ..

take your own advice .. I noticed "you" did not post one verse to back your theology ..

nor did you understand why Jesus rejected the one wine, but accepted the other ..

Beloved, you are not understanding the scriptures. Jesus, indeed, forgave all men (showed everyone mercy) : but too many believed then, as now, they did not need to be forgiven! Some said, "Are we also blind?" Jesus replied, "Because you say that you see, then your sin remains." There are many who will retain their sins because they will not believe and obey the gospel: they trust in their religious traditions, their modern preachers, and their false prophets to scratch their ears.

Not ALL will/nor have received! But it is God will "...that none will perish...".

Indeed but as we all know some will...God wills that all would come to repentance, but all will not...why? Because in the beginning He gave man dominion over all the thing on the earth, and He gave us the ability to choose (and some will not because they like being lord of their own life - Gen. 3:5)...because God gave man dominion it was necessary that a man take back the deed to the ranch that Adam gave over to the serpent...by submitting to his word he was able to keep us bound but no son of Adam was capable because all had and would sin...so He became a son of man that we can become the sons of God

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver ( to snatch away, rescue, save) them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

They killed Him (fully God but fully man) who had no sin, and because He had no sin the spiritual death sin deserves and earns as a consequence could not hold Him (the wages of sin is death)...fear not the physical death and rejoice you are spared the spiritual death (the second death for there are really only two literal deaths in the Bible, all others are figurative)

Hope this has helped

brother Paul

Back