Does God hate magic, or witchcraft?

I want to know because magic is in a lot of games. Witchcraft is contacting the spirits and stuff. Magic doesn't really do that. I believe that witchcraft is real, and I stay away from it.

Magic, actual magic (not illusions like Penn and Teller) is precisely that -- witchcraft. It is involvement of demons who intervene to suspend nature. It is Satan's response to miracles.

In short, yes -- God hates magic because it goes against Him.

Magic, actual magic (not illusions like Penn and Teller) is precisely that -- witchcraft. It is involvement of demons who intervene to suspend nature. It is Satan's response to miracles.

In short, yes -- God hates magic because it goes against Him.
What about the magic in video games? Would that count?

Video games or movies that involve that sort of activity is a different issue that deserves caution. People should always use discretion about what they watch or play.
I wanted to play this game, but it has magic in it. I've had sort of a guilty conscience about it before. I'm going to try it one last time and see what happens.

I wanted to play this game, but it has magic in it. I've had sort of a guilty conscience about it before. I'm going to try it one last time and see what happens.

My advice is if you have doubts about it, stay away from it. Don't even tempt it with a one last time deal. I don't know what this game is, but if you have reasons to be concerned for it, the best I can advise is don't even give it another chance.

Reactions: Juk
My advice is if you have doubts about it, stay away from it. Don't even tempt it with a one last time deal. I don't know what this game is, but if you have reasons to be concerned for it, the best I can advise is don't even give it another chance.
Thanks :) I was asking the Holy Spirit for some advice on what to do, and I think he just gave it to me.

Video games or movies that involve that sort of activity is a different issue that deserves caution. People should always use discretion about what they watch or play.
It really sucks, because I am always so bored. Every single day. Nothing is really fun or pleasurable except reading the Bible, which I do everyday. I want to do something more, and that's why I want to try out the game again. Or at least get into another game.

As stated, magic is witchcraft; provided to those aiding the devil.
God hates witchcraft and it is a challenge to Him.
We know who'd win that iconic battle.
Praise Jesus.

Reactions: Juk
Try this out:

1 Samuel 15:23 (KJV)
For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king.
@Juk, you're seeking guidance on a lot of things, and this is good, but what you're not understanding is that by asking these very questions, you've already been told by the Holy Spirit, hence the questions. Turn to Him, because we are fallible men and our understanding of something complex could be wrong. Search the word of God. I use TheWord.net - it's free and you can see the Greek and Hebrew originals. As you grow older your mind will become filled with the things of this world, and you have to fight it off. Filling your head with needless stuff can cause you issues later.

Think of it like this: Your mind is a garden that you tend. When you learn a truth about something, like witchcraft and you stop, you're weeding your garden. When you read the word of God your planting flowers and trees. When you pray you're watering those flowers and trees. If you neglect your mind, weeds grow because they're planted from the intake of information of the world - movies, TV shows, internet, friends, family, etc. This is why the word of God says that we don't wrestle with flesh and blood, but a spiritual war. What we think, the word of God says, is who we are. If we do something and "think" it a sin, then it IS a sin. Everything we do, we must do in faith to glorify God. So look at these verses:

Proverbs 23:7a (KJV)
For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he...​

2 Corinthians 10:4-6 (KJV)
(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.​

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.​

The war we face within is the war Paul describe in Romans. Look at this verse:

Romans 7:24 (KJV)
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?​

I'm so very glad the Lord didn't stop there, but continued with this verse:

Romans 7:25 (KJV)
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.​

So when people say "it's all in your head" you can say "Yep! It sure is!"

God bless bro! Keep up the great work!

If you bored, why not try these things.

Bake a pie to share with your neighbour.
Go for walk round the neighbourhood
Do some gardening..try growing things in pots
Try learning a musical instrument..if you dont have one try the spoons or a bottle!
Play with your pets..if you have any?
Write, journal or poetry
Ride a bike or make a go-cart. You could make one out of wooden boxes
Paint the fence
Go to the library and do some bible reading with friends
Wash your parents car and raise money, save it for rainy day or give to charity
Clear out your old junk and video games..dump them
Ask God to show you what to do next...

Try this out:

For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king.
@Juk, you're seeking guidance on a lot of things, and this is good, but what you're not understanding is that by asking these very questions, you've already been told by the Holy Spirit, hence the questions. Turn to Him, because we are fallible men and our understanding of something complex could be wrong. Search the word of God. I use TheWord.net - it's free and you can see the Greek and Hebrew originals. As you grow older your mind will become filled with the things of this world, and you have to fight it off. Filling your head with needless stuff can cause you issues later.

Think of it like this: Your mind is a garden that you tend. When you learn a truth about something, like witchcraft and you stop, you're weeding your garden. When you read the word of God your planting flowers and trees. When you pray you're watering those flowers and trees. If you neglect your mind, weeds grow because they're planted from the intake of information of the world - movies, TV shows, internet, friends, family, etc. This is why the word of God says that we don't wrestle with flesh and blood, but a spiritual war. What we think, the word of God says, is who we are. If we do something and "think" it a sin, then it IS a sin. Everything we do, we must do in faith to glorify God. So look at these verses:

(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.​

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.​

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.​

Thanks brother :) I'm going to have to suppress the urge to play the game now.

If you bored, why not try these things.

Bake a pie to share with your neighbour.
Go for walk round the neighbourhood
Do some gardening..try growing things in pots
Try learning a musical instrument..if you dont have one try the spoons or a bottle!
Play with your pets..if you have any?
Write, journal or poetry
Ride a bike or make a go-cart. You could make one out of wooden boxes
Paint the fence
Go to the library and do some bible reading with friends
Wash your parents car and raise money, save it for rainy day or give to charity
Clear out your old junk and video games..dump them
Ask God to show you what to do next...
Man, my friends aren't Christian... I don't think they care about religion, considering that they are all seventh graders. I don't really play video games. But I want to make one. I want to learn how to use a sword though, just because. But that sounds dangerous.

Try this out:

I don't like to listen to humans outside of the Bible when it comes to God's Word, or how I should live my life.:cool:

I want to know because magic is in a lot of games. Witchcraft is contacting the spirits and stuff. Magic doesn't really do that. I believe that witchcraft is real, and I stay away from it.

Well you got that right, Juk. Stay away from it. Beware of the dark side, Juk. It's real and people get seduced by it.

Familiar : 2. A demon or evil spirit supposed to attend at a call. But in general we say, a familiar spirit. Webster's 1828
Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God. Deuteronomy 18:10-13
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:26-27

By the way the game is called Smite http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/ here, you can learn all about it.
I noticed that it was a play for free game. Just download and play away. Watch out Juk! Often these free downloads are full of malware and spyware, viruses. That's why they're free. An open invitation to give your computer over to hackers and the like.
There is a dark side out there and not everybody loves you.

I noticed that it was a play for free game. Just download and play away. Watch out Juk! Often these free downloads are full of malware and spyware, viruses. That's why they're free. An open invitation to give your computer over to hackers and the like.
There is a dark side out there and not everybody loves you.
Excellent advice. Very wise @Waggles.

Back