Don't Make Conversation With The Woman

At first, when I started listening to this, I thought, "Uh, oh. This won't go over well with those who are WOKE of caught up in some measure with corrupt, modern culture."

For us men, this is actually sage advice. Please keep in mind that this man is talking about casual conversation, and the differences that generally take place between the same and opposite sexes. Please give this a good listen, and then let us know your thoughts:

People are fully human.. being embraced around your waist or the hand shake be what many men do. For most it be friendship for others maybe some lonely. A touch or a embrace makes for a happy day. A world without touch makes for for a world without emotion and not to much love. Rabbi’s quote probably comes from ancient times from a fallen system where a woman’s being or testimony was counted as nought more so in the times of the Pharisees and Sadducees . I guess every nurse shall have to stop holding hands with their patients. There be a place and time for everything

Last edited:
People are fully human.. being embraced around your waist or the hand shake be what many men do. For most it be friendship for others maybe some lonely. A touch or a embrace makes for a happy day. A world without touch makes for for a world without emotion and not to much love. Rabbi’s quote probably comes from ancient times from a fallen system where a woman’s being or testimony was counted as nought more so in the times of the Pharisees and Sadducees . I guess every nurse shall have to stop holding hands with their patients. There be a place and time for everything

1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from ALL appearance of evil.

That does not include moments of compassion, but it certainly covers the interactions most men have with women they have no business pursuing.

MM

w
1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from ALL appearance of evil.

That does not include moments of compassion, but it certainly covers the interactions most men have with women they have no business pursuing.

MM
MM I can’t remember the video excluding moments of compassion. Keep from all appearance of evil say you say . Does that include Christmas, New year cuddles. Greetings of friends the list goes on and on. And what of greeting one one another with a holy kiss as mentioned in the epistles? Rabbi’s outlook is far to legalistic and becomes indefensible unless of course you live in a bubble with no reality of living in a real world.

Its good to know this MM, as I can be very friendly with guys without thinking.
I grew up around men and all my fathers brothers were very kind and friendly and it just comes natural to chat with both men and women because of positive interactions with men.Plus I grew up the end of the the hippie era, which I suppose destroyed the natural interactions.
Obviously, we can forget men are just as vulnerable to friendly chit chat in women and so this must be kept in check.
thanks.

w

MM I can’t remember the video excluding moments of compassion. Keep from all appearance of evil say you say . Does that include Christmas, New year cuddles. Greetings of friends the list goes on and on. And what of greeting one one another with a holy kiss as mentioned in the epistles? Rabbi’s outlook is far to legalistic and becomes indefensible unless of course you live in a bubble with no reality of living in a real world.

P90, I don't think my words were understood. It's always a good thing to remain on guard, especially for a married man to involve himself within engaging conversation or any physical contact with other women who are not family or spouse. Even with friends, I do not engage with their wives in hugs, handshakes or deep conversations. It protects them and myself.

When I've had issues with other men's wives, for example, one in particular sticking her nose where it didn't belong in my personal affairs and/or family life, and I said nothing to the woman, but rather went to her husband in private and let him deal with his wife. That actually happened with a highly opinionated wife of that other man commenting to me what SHE thought I was doing wrong with the raising of my kids.

It has always worked out for the best to let the husbands deal with their out-of-control, controlling wives. One of those men may as well have been wearing panties and a skirt, given his wife's dominance over him as a card-carrying, foaming-at-the-mouth feminist. Even that situation worked out well after he talked with her on the side about her invasive and rude comments about my raising of my own sons.

As the bearded dude in the video said, even when sitting next to a woman on a plane, I too have always refused to engage in conversation with them for anything other than sharing the Gospel, and to let her know that I am happily married with four kids. There is no need for her to know anything else from me, and I do not shake hands. With other men, that mostly happens only among friends and in fellowships.

So, I'm not saying that we all go around like walking, frozen pop sickles. I simply have adopted interpersonal conduct that protects against the enemy of our souls from getting a foothold with enticements. Does that make it more clear?

MM

Wow, I really like the video. I agree with what the man said. Must say I never involved myself in conversation with strangers (especially men) on the plane, train, bus, gym etc. I'm just never interested 😬 It's not only because I'm an introvert. I just respect my space and comfort zone. I'm also not into shaking hands… It's disgusting in many ways. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤪

I am reminded of an occasion where I was on a flight of a couple of hours where the a very attractive woman in business attire was in the center seat. I was on the aisle. We kind of smiled to each other as we took our seats (I had to let her in) just to show we were friendly, but not really friends. During the flight the person on her other side tried to keep a conversation with her going. She was polite and answered him but in was that did not invite further comment.

Eventually, she turned to me and started making small talk, which I responded to in non committal ways. I do not know for sure, but she was getting wary of the man on her other side and wanted to close that conversation. So we chatted about nothing. As we deplaned she whispered "thanks".

w

Also, the holy kiss thing you mentioned, I have money in my cloths that says the verse you mentioned was not an open invitation for men to kiss women on the cheek. Men would kiss other men on the cheek as a holy kiss, but there's no mention I can see of cross-gender kissing.

MM

I can't handle men invading my personal space. Children, am used to them coming up to me and hugging me. But I'm not going to share a bed with a man. Sorry! Stop implying you are, I got that from the last man who tried to talk to me at church, kept going on and on about his bowling club, and before I knew it, he started trying to invite me over to stay the night at his place. Started calling me 'girl' and 'babe' even though I am a grown woman and have a NAME. What????

I no longer go to that church. It just turns out to be just another a meat market for lone wolves . All the other christian brothers were respectful except this one but one ruins it all.

Last edited:
I was visiting an old female friend at the hospital with another female friend, and we sat outside on some chairs but I had gotten too many as there was seat nearby. Then this man who was playing table tennis out there who I don't even know, never met before comes and plonks himself on the spare chair and doesn't even introduce himself but just starts talking randomly to us.

?! I was going to get up and move and look at the garden but it was just weird. We were having a private conversation and weren't even watching the table tennis.

This is not like a fellowship at church where you are meant to stand and talk to people over a cup of tea. Though I don't know why people even do this because nobody talks about spiritual things at church. They all just ask if I am (still) working. Answer is no. I don't as a rule work on Sundays.

I don't like shaking hands but I have to do it at job interviews when people (both men and women) stick their hand out at me. I don't know any other way of getting out of it.

We haven't even done a deal yet but it seems older people do it as a way of introduction. To me that custom is strange.

The only other thing is if maybe they are testing to see if I know a secret handshake that is part of their old boys network or something.

Also, the holy kiss thing you mentioned, I have money in my cloths that says the verse you mentioned was not an open invitation for men to kiss women on the cheek. Men would kiss other men on the cheek as a holy kiss, but there's no mention I can see of cross-gender kissing.

MM
MM the Holy kiss is known well enough throughout the New Testament right up to this present day be that of men kissing men or woman kissing woman or both as referenced as the church. 1st Corinthians 16:23, 2nd Corinthians 13:12,, Romans 6:4 and 1st Peter 3:14. It was seen as both a spiritual and physical gesture of Christian love and also used in rituals of our church histories . As to the kiss on the cheeks. Yes .But also on the lips with a closed mouth. As mentioned by church father Clement. We also find a mountain of evidence of handshakes and hugs as well. There be varying warning of how this was to be done through our histories . But it was never seen as a evil act of which your Rabbi concludes in the video of abstaining of any form of touch any another apart from your husband or wife . The kiss and handshake was also known well enough in the Greco-Roman world as a warm expression of greeting and friendship. Gambling man I do expect every shekel from your pocket : )

P90, I don't think my words were understood. It's always a good thing to remain on guard, especially for a married man to involve himself within engaging conversation or any physical contact with other women who are not family or spouse. Even with friends, I do not engage with their wives in hugs, handshakes or deep conversations. It protects them and myself.

When I've had issues with other men's wives, for example, one in particular sticking her nose where it didn't belong in my personal affairs and/or family life, and I said nothing to the woman, but rather went to her husband in private and let him deal with his wife. That actually happened with a highly opinionated wife of that other man commenting to me what SHE thought I was doing wrong with the raising of my kids.

It has always worked out for the best to let the husbands deal with their out-of-control, controlling wives. One of those men may as well have been wearing panties and a skirt, given his wife's dominance over him as a card-carrying, foaming-at-the-mouth feminist. Even that situation worked out well after he talked with her on the side about her invasive and rude comments about my raising of my own sons.

As the bearded dude in the video said, even when sitting next to a woman on a plane, I too have always refused to engage in conversation with them for anything other than sharing the Gospel, and to let her know that I am happily married with four kids. There is no need for her to know anything else from me, and I do not shake hands. With other men, that mostly happens only among friends and in fellowships.

So, I'm not saying that we all go around like walking, frozen pop sickles. I simply have adopted interpersonal conduct that protects against the enemy of our souls from getting a foothold with enticements. Does that make it more clear?

MM
MM I clearly understood your words well enough. And yes it’s always wise to be prudent but do remember what others may use as licentiousness was never seen as such in the New Testament nor by the secular world until perhaps the present day where things have changed much. The Rabbi, yourself and others have the right not to touched, hugged or kissed by others if you not like. But for others of clear conscious we have no problem with it. We find no such such demands in our New Testament. Be it a cuddle a holy kiss or a handshake towards others. This has always been as culturally acceptable path of warmth and fraternity and unity.

Last edited:
Seems to me his main point is that there is a huge distinction between a 👨 and a woman 👩 and to pretend otherwise will degrade the femininity of the woman and can lead into a dangerous relationship.

Seems to me his main point is that there is a huge distinction between a 👨 and a woman 👩 and to pretend otherwise will degrade the femininity of the woman and can lead into a dangerous relationship.
no one pretends there be a huge distinction between masculinity and femininity. But to say talking to the opposite sex or holding hands leads to a dangerous relationship just isn’t true. It be the evil desire of ones heart that decides that and not the chatting nor the handshake nor the hug nor the holy kiss. Again you have to evaluate what the Rabbi is insinuating. It’s called legalism. . The Pharisees and Sadducees knew it well enough.

no one pretends there be a huge distinction between masculinity and femininity. But to say talking to the opposite sex or holding hands leads to a dangerous relationship just isn’t true. It be the evil desire of ones heart that decides that and not the chatting nor the handshake nor the hug nor the holy kiss. Again you have to evaluate what the Rabbi is insinuating. It’s called legalism. . The Pharisees and Sadducees knew it well enough.
My point was the trouble starts when the huge distinction between men and women is minimized.
I don’t recall saying anything about holding hands… the ‘conversation’ can be more risky than holding hands as it can get quite intimate, whereas holding a hand is just that.

I went to an islander church and the ladies were always hugging and kissing me, but the men I think just gave each other high fives. I don't mind that.
I sometimes hug men but not often like if it's a farewell, rather than a greeting. Also kisses I tend to reserve for farewells too rather than greetings.
But just people I know.

In Maori tradition powhiri they do hongi which is touch noses, but because of covid they might do a nose gesture with the hand because its meant to be the 'breath of life' or 'sneeze of life'. A lot of pakeha are wary of this custom, but it's a way of establishing friendly relations, NOT intimate relations.

Handshakes, to show you don't have weapons on you, ok, but you can just wave hello or goodbye. I come in peace....

The traditional gesture to show a man is interested in a lady/woman is...to give her flowers. I think this is a lost art/tradition on some. Don't forget the note, and the meaning of the flower. Otherwise, sorry but you don't have a chance.

If you just talking with someone of the opposite sex well as far as I'm concerned it's a conversation not an invitation or solicitation.

Back