Evolution

The earth is actually newer near the tectonics.
The rocks are formed before your very eyes. They are fresh!

It's not actually 'weak' - it's active.
Aged or old rocks refer to those that are well weathered and eroded.

When something is weak it doesn't necessarily refer to the weakness of the rock itself. It can be weak due to stress fractures in the crust or other ways.

Ok, how about this? How do we apply this to the dolphin? This animal lives in the ocean, yet needs oxygen to live. A view of the fin clearly shows five "fingers." What is the dolphin adapting to? Is the dolphin adapting from living in the sea to land, or the other direction (I say the other direction). If this change too drastic to be considered an adaptation?

I guess the same argument can be made of all cetaceans ...

View attachment 5143
Most mammals have phalanges but they are not fingers like human fingers. The dolphin has flippers, which is not the same as fingers.
If you look at our own hands we do have some webbing between our fingers but not very much.

Aren't you glad we humans don't have tails. I think they would be annoying.

When something is weak it doesn't necessarily refer to the weakness of the rock itself. It can be weak due to stress fractures in the crust or other ways.
There are hot spots around the world.
NZ is dubbed 'the shaky isles' as it was formed out of a fault line. The entire Pacific Rim is known as 'the ring of fire'.

In the Bible, Mt Sinai is referred to as a volcano, and Zion is also earthquake prone. Some places may be dormant for years but then suddenly things can change.

Most mammals have phalanges but they are not fingers like human fingers. The dolphin has flippers, which is not the same as fingers.
If you look at our own hands we do have some webbing between our fingers but not very much.

Aren't you glad we humans don't have tails. I think they would be annoying.
Well, we do have tail bones (coccyx). I guess if we could us them as a third hand, it might come in handy. Otherwise, I agree.

Ok, how about this? How do we apply this to the dolphin? This animal lives in the ocean, yet needs oxygen to live. A view of the fin clearly shows five "fingers." What is the dolphin adapting to? Is the dolphin adapting from living in the sea to land, or the other direction (I say the other direction). If this change too drastic to be considered an adaptation?

I guess the same argument can be made of all cetaceans ...

View attachment 5143

I am not the person to ask.

From what I read....dolphins were once land animals and for some reason about 50 million years ago turned to the sea and never returned.

What they now have as your picture shows is how they adapted to the sea.

The earth is actually newer near the tectonics.
The rocks are formed before your very eyes. They are fresh!

It's not actually 'weak' - it's active.
Aged or old rocks refer to those that are well weathered and eroded.
An analysis of rocks from the Honeyeater Basalt of the East Pilbara Craton, a stable block of crust in Western Australia, provides strong evidence that Earth’s tectonic plates were already moving 3.2 billion years ago.

Source: Earth’s Plate Tectonics Began Over 3.2 Billion Years Ago | Geology, Geophysics | Sci-News.com (sci-news.com)

An analysis of rocks from the Honeyeater Basalt of the East Pilbara Craton, a stable block of crust in Western Australia, provides strong evidence that Earth’s tectonic plates were already moving 3.2 billion years ago.

Source: Earth’s Plate Tectonics Began Over 3.2 Billion Years Ago | Geology, Geophysics | Sci-News.com (sci-news.com)
Earth is always moving, your point?
The rocks formed out of recent volcanoes are actually the newer rocks. They can be formed yesterday and be a day old.

Awe, but these wings are created too. :)

cp
Who's to say we can't metamorphosis like caterpillars do.
Turtles and penguins also live on sea and land. Ducks can swim and fly.
Kiwi's can't fly but they have very long beaks. I think God just made every animal different who's to say every creature has to be confined to a little box that says they can only do this or that.

Kiwi's can't fly but they have very long beaks. I think God just made every animal different who's to say every creature has to be confined to a little box that says they can only do this or that.

With God nothing is impossible. With mankind many things are impossible. ;)

God certainly could cause wings to sprout on us if he so chose.

From what I read....dolphins were once land animals and for some reason about 50 million years ago turned to the sea and never returned.

Yea, don't know much about them either. They (dolphins) are very social and play well with humans. It is a bit odd that the most important aspect of adapting to the sea (ability to breath) appears to be the last phase to eventually come. I guess I should have added sea turtles to that group.

Actually, turtles are even more complex; as some spend most of their lives in water and some never go in for a dip.

rtm

Ok, the wife gave me that "You're an idiot" look. Apparently, Tortoises are the ones that live on land and Turtles live in water. Since he teaches marine biology, I guess I have to give that one to her. Also, she says that a successful adaptation results in an evolution (not sure what that means, but I am not asking).

rtm

Ok, the wife gave me that "You're an idiot" look. Apparently, Tortoises are the ones that live on land and Turtles live in water. Since she teaches Marine Biology, I guess I have to give that one to her. Also, she says that a successful adaptation results in an evolution (not sure what that means, but I am not asking).

rtm

Your wife seems to be a really smart woman!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nature of the species says so my dear.

We do not metamorphosis into a caterpillar because we are humans and not insects. By nature we are born alive into the world.
Penguins do not live on sea. They live on land and hunt in the Sea as there are no food sources where they live on land. NATURE!

Animals by nature and adaption have developed those traits which aid them in two things....Mating and Eating. That is Natural.

That is exactly why pigs do not fly. There is no mud in the air. They are pigs.

Earth is always moving, your point?
The rocks formed out of recent volcanoes are actually the newer rocks. They can be formed yesterday and be a day old.

My point is......The earth is always moving!!! That is called Plate Tectonics.

The point I was trying to make is that the point where the moving plates meet causes heat and the molten rock formed causes the earth to rise through a "Weak" area of the crust and not a "New" area. That process forms a Volcano.

I am not expert in any facet of the imagination, however reading is still something I can do and it is actually very easy to find this stuff out.

Back