Flat-earthers Never Seem to Learn

Not many years ago The Flat Earth Society members booked a cruise to Antarctica to prove earth is flat and only an ice wall prevents ships sailing off Earth's edge.

Global warming apparently melted the wall.
They shall be missed.

ship-waterfall.gif

:ROFLMAO:

The heliocentric model does not place us in a very special place amongst Gods universe. Instead we now find ourselves as a mere speck of rock somewhere out in the far reaches of a never ending universe. I guess it’s how many like to perceive, a world and universe without any hint of God as the Creator.
Dear Prim90,
I am not sure what you mean here, but it sounds a bit dour. :)

Personally, I don’t think the belief of a spherical earth or a heliocentric universe damages the credibility of scripture.

There are many things not mentioned directly in scripture that are generally accepted to be factual, an example is the existence of the house cat. Although cats are not mentioned in scripture, most people believe they exist without it damaging their faith.

More seriously, there are many subjects that the Bible does not attempt to teach directly. Arguable examples are mathematics, chemistry, biology or many other areas of knowledge that are generally accepted as self-evidently true despite the absence of comprehensive definitions or details in God's written word.

Therefore I think there are acceptable truths of nature we don’t need to dismiss out of hand and further, I believe we can entertain extra-biblical sources of truth, so long as they do not directly contradict scripture.

Back on topic for a moment, in the case of the earth's spherical shape, although scripture never explicitly states the shape of our planet or attempts to teach us the physical design of earth directly at any point, it does confirm a round earth implicitly in various places.

I once read an interesting paper that referenced the Creation account in Genesis 1. Here the Bible says that the earth began as water only, and water suspended in space always takes the form of a sphere due to the surface tensions of water molecules. Wow.

Furthermore, when dry land appeared, Genesis 1 describes all the land as existing "in one place" in Genesis 1:9 while all waters are gathered likewise. Geometrically, this can only happen on a sphere, and therefore Genesis 1 implies a round earth. Again wow, thank you God.

Ultimately, where this leaves the earth in the hierarchy of God’s universe is not as important to me as the fact that we were important enough for the Creator to send His only begotten Son here, to earth, to show us the narrow path and open the gates of Heaven for our salvation.

Thank you Prim90 for the interesting perspective.
God bless you.

Dear Prim90,

Personally, I don’t think the belief of a spherical earth or a heliocentric universe damages the credibility of scripture.

There are many things not mentioned directly in scripture that are generally accepted to be factual, an example is the existence of the house cat. Although cats are not mentioned in scripture, most people believe they exist without it damaging their faith.

More seriously, there are many subjects that the Bible does not attempt to teach directly. Arguable examples are mathematics, chemistry, biology or many other areas of knowledge that are generally accepted as self-evidently true despite the absence of comprehensive definitions or details in God's written word.

Therefore I think there are acceptable truths of nature we don’t need to dismiss out of hand and further, I believe we can entertain extra-biblical sources of truth, so long as they do not directly contradict scripture.

Back on topic for a moment, in the case of the earth's spherical shape, although scripture never explicitly states the shape of our planet or attempts to teach us the physical design of earth directly at any point, it does confirm a round earth implicitly in various places.

I once read an interesting paper that referenced the Creation account in Genesis 1. Here the Bible says that the earth began as water only, and water suspended in space always takes the form of a sphere due to the surface tensions of water molecules. Wow.

Furthermore, when dry land appeared, Genesis 1 describes all the land as existing "in one place" in Genesis 1:9 while all waters are gathered likewise. Geometrically, this can only happen on a sphere, and therefore Genesis 1 implies a round earth. Again wow, thank you God.

Ultimately, where this leaves the earth in the hierarchy of God’s universe is not as important to me as the fact that we were important enough for the Creator to send His only begotten Son here, to earth, to show us the narrow path and open the gates of Heaven for our salvation.

God bless you.
Blue Skies me not have a problem with a ball earth We be the Geocentric people not the Flat earth people. That meaning that the stars, planets and sun be moving around us. Ultimately you say it not really matter where we be in the hierarchy of Gods universe. Blue skies I can only go by scripture. It seems God has placed the earth in a very special place . Perhaps we be the crowning jewel of his creation. That be the difference between geocentricity and heliocentricity. Both models could function well enough either way. But Every genuine scientific tests that I know of to prove the earth is moving has failed dismally. It seems the earth be stationary as the bible says. I simply evaluate all things according to the bible in matters of faith.

Dear Prim90,

God bless you.
Hey Blue......So if I stand on the southern shore of Australia, and have a really good zoom lenses on my camera......and I look beween the horizon and the clouds, will I be able to see out into space????

Have you wondered why there is not a "Flat Mars Society"???
There was one on Instagram. It was "Official". :LOL:

There was one on Instagram. It was "Official". :LOL:

I wonder if meteors or asteroids ever hit the bottom side of a flat earth.

I like how Dr. Carl Baugh put it:

• The earth is the most important planet in all the universe since we are the only life in this universe.

• God created the universe around the earth, all to His glory, and to man's benefit.

I absolutely refute and call into question the moronic comments made by people like Carl Sagan, who claimed that the earth is an "insignificant speck of dust in the cosmos." What lunacy! What's important now is that Carl Sagan knows the truth now that he has passed on from life on the surface of the planet. He may be in burning torment in this planet's bowels due to his atheism throughout his life.

MM

I actually like the turtle idea. Of course this turtle sits on top of another turtle, which sits on another, etc. Infinite turtles.
Flat earth pizza shop. 😆

The Flat Earth Society purportedly has a turtle flat earth tee shirt on Amazon.
I think they're Satirical and in it for the money.
No one today could actually believe earth is flat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down
Don't forget the elephants. ;)

"Turtles all the way down" is an expression of the problem of infinite regress.
"References to the saying's mythological antecedents, the World Turtle and its counterpart the World Elephant, were made by a number of authors in the 17th and 18th centuries.[2][3]"

Back