Forgiveness - mercy and grace

Yes mam I sure do.
You are not understanding this scripture

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

This has nothing to do with how we are to treat people But how we Are To Function before God and others.
It actually does this passage from Peter also is about the elders feeding the flock, in context, well the flock cannot feed if they arent given any food, i,e. scripture.

james 4:5-6 also mentions
Do ye think the scripture saith in vain, the spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace.
God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

In context this is about the friendship with the world. We cant be friends with the world, that is being at enemity with God.

So how does this relate to mercy and grace and forgiveness. The thing is, if someone is of the world, we cant be friends with them. Which is why we need grace. We dont envy what the world has, because they really dont have anything thats of any value. All the riches of this world are temporary. What God has for us is so much more than what the devil could possibly offer. Remember satan offering Jesus all the kingdoms of this world if he would bow down and worship him? and Jesus refused.

I wrote can you please give us scriptures on the meaning of mercy and grace.
Your post never gave any scriptures of the meanings of mercy and grace. You just gave your opinion/assertion saying mercy was giving what we dont deserve and grace what we do deserve or some other confusing thing. Please give scripture references so we can look it up, because I dont quite believe this is correct according to scripture.

Can you do this or do I need to ask again? Do you understand english.

I will make it real simple. There are two things I am asking you.

1. Please provide us scriptures that explain the meanings of mercy.
2. Please provide us scriptures that explain the meaning of grace.

Thank you!
Bump. This is important. I will also look up scriptures but please can you provide us with some.
Two different words...mercy, and grace.

In context this is about the friendship with the world. We cant be friends with the world, that is being at enemity with God.

That's talking about going along with or believing as they do or Acting like them.

It has nothing to do with being friendly or having an unsaved friend

FCJ grace is only given to believers.
Yet many of us believers live or work amongst people who do not believe (yet). We can show them mercy, but they will not accept grace. And it is not wise to give grace to people who wont receive it.

For example, Jesus says you cannot give what is holy to the dogs, for they will turn and rend you or cast pearls before swine.

With this type of thinking you could not love the unsaved for God is Love and God is Holy.

Grace stems from Love.
Grace is not something only God has or does.
We are to show Grace which would be Love so then we have to show the attributes of Love which in return is showing Grace.

If you want to learn more about God and His Grace then spend time with Him.
Learn what Grace is.

Blessings

I have recently (and gratefully) reached the conclusion that being a Christian does not mean being a doormat.

Matthew 8:15 "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother." You have an obligation to go to the person who offended you and state your complaint. Stand up for yourself. Require that you be treated with the same kindness that you show others.

At best, forgiveness should be an PHYSICAL action taken in which one person confronts another person, who admits to wrongdoing, so the other person can forgive him or her. Otherwise, forgiveness is limited to a MENTAL action by one person -- which God does know -- but the offender is being denied the full process, here and now, in this life, to take responsibility. (Please don't confuse that with one person saving another. I mean to say that this is a learning process, a mission that God has given us to fulfill during our lives here.)

It takes a lot of courage confront your offenders. It's easier to complain to other people. It's more peaceful forgive them inwardly without a fight. They will argue. They will deny. It's not your duty to make them admit to wrongdoing. Ultimately, they will face God at Judgement Day. But you still owe it to them to air your grievance.

To repeatedly offer kindness in return for cruelty is like casting "pearls before swine." It can only make it harder to forgive "seventy times seven," as Annie has found out. Christians have to fight injustice, even in self-defense. You will feel better if you defend yourself, and this will enable you to continue to forgive.

Matthew 10:14 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." You can set yourself up as an example of Christian love and forgiveness -- but some people will reject this model. It is best to remove yourself from that kind of people before they harm you again.

In Annie's case, the court can appoint a liaison between her and her ex-husband, so that she doesn't have to talk directly to him anymore, because he cannot behave correctly

In my life, I forgave people and asked them to forgive me -- without insisting that they do the same in return. My acceptance allowed them to keep behaving wrongly. In this way, I used forgiveness for a selfish reason: to keep them in my life. It is better to require that they treat you right or leave. Trust that God has a plan for them, and they need time to learn it -- without hurting you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aha
Welcome Again,
You Presented Truth how you see it and I am only doing the same.
I hope this opens the door for a deeper look into all of this.

Thank you for replying!

I have recently (and gratefully) reached the conclusion that being a Christian does not mean being a doormat.
I agree we are not to be a door mat but we are commanded to Love.
One must truly understand What walking in Love means .

Matthew 8:15 "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother." You have an obligation to go to the person who offended you and state your complaint. Stand up for yourself. Require that you be treated with the same kindness that you show others.

Again We must Walk in Love.
This scripture is not telling us to go point out everything we "feel" was a sin against us.
In order to go to some one every time we feel offended only means we major in being offended and that's something that needs to change.

Stand up for yourself? What scripture tells us we need to do this because it borders on the spirit of selfishness or all about self.

At best, forgiveness should be an PHYSICAL action taken in which one person confronts another person, who admits to wrongdoing, so the other person can forgive him or her. Otherwise, forgiveness is limited to a MENTAL action by one person -- which God does know -- but the offender is being denied the full process, here and now, in this life, to take responsibility.

Again this simply can not be.
Forgiveness is something we are commanded to do. It has nothing to do with how the other person sees it.

It needs to be something huge before one needs to confront another.

Take NOTE....no place in the Scripture of the New Testament are we told the other person has to do anything. No, we are told to forgive.

To repeatedly offer kindness in return for cruelty is like casting "pearls before swine." It can only make it harder to forgive "seventy times seven," as Annie has found out. Christians have to fight injustice, even in self-defense. You will feel better if you defend yourself, and this will enable you to continue to forgive.

This is nonsense.
You will feel better if you defend yourself..
That's Pleasing the Flesh.

We continue to forgive because we walk in Love and walk as God has told us.

Matthew 10:14 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." You can set yourself up as an example of Christian love and forgiveness -- but some people will reject this model. It is best to remove yourself from that kind of people before they harm you again.

Nice Try but one can not simply pull out scripture and use it any way they wish.
In context this scripture was given to the Disciples as they were sent to PREACH the Good News of Jesus.
This has nothing to do with forgiving some one.

In Annie's case, the court can appoint a liaison between her and her ex-husband, so that she doesn't have to talk directly to him anymore, because he cannot behave correctly.

You read a couple of threads and you already judged her ex guilty of not being able to behave.
Truth is......Annie needs to deal with her heart towards him. Also you really do not know the complete situation.

In my life, I forgave people and asked them to forgive me -- without insisting that they do the same in return. My acceptance allowed them to keep behaving wrongly. In this way, I used forgiveness for a selfish reason: to keep them in my life. It is better to require that they treat you right or leave. Trust that God has a plan for them, and they need time to learn it -- without hurting you.

It's not our business how others act towards us but it is our business how we act towards them.

Yes common sense is used as to knowing to pray and find out if God wants someone in our lives or not .

Know your Covenant
Understand God's Word
Enjoy Your Salvation
Blessings in Christ
FCJ

Thanks for sharing on this post 'born to be christian'.
It seems when we experience forgiveness, for someone who does not ask for it, this is mercy. It may involve being spared consequences of the penalty of sin or its harmful effects. For example think of the good samaritan going to help the man caught amongst thieves, why because he had compassion on him (mercy), he did not actually ask to be helped, the good samaritan saw and just extended mercy. He took him and cared for him and bound up his wounds. This didnt necessarily mean the good samaritan and the wounded man became friends for life or the samaritan changed and became jewish or anything like that. The wounded man may or may not have got beaten up again later? But he could have learned something from it. We can show mercy to those who actually may be in the wrong but arent aware of it! They dont even have to believe.

When we forgive for those who are repentant, this is grace.
Why because grace works the moment you believe, Johns gospel states that the law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. What does this mean, well the law is the law wherever and you either law abiding or not. Its very hard to always follow rules and regulations to the letter. Anyone who has taught and educated at school knows you have to follow rules. And often constantly reminded about them. You can do this often without knowing what the laws, or rules really mean. Just that they are laws you have to follow, otherwise you may get in trouble if you break them.
What about grace, well when we are given grace it means you now are empowered by the holy spirit to have the laws written on your heart. And you can obey them. Its not hard, its not a chore and you dont have to be legalistic.

Say someone else does something wrong, asks for forgiveness, its when you can give grace, that that person is able to put things right. Because their repentence is a change of heart this change of heart can only come about through grace. That is what is so amazing about grace. And whats even more amazing if we break the rules out of ignorance, Jesus forgives us and also lets us know what we did may have been wrong so that we dont do the same thing again. Its Jesus forgiving Peter for denying him three times. Jesus simply tells Peter its ok and how to make it right by showing he loves him by asking Peter to feed his sheep.

This is a reminder from the Administration - for General Members AND Staff Members, to calmly discuss topics without confrontation, bias or replies that may develop into arguments. This thread and several others are being monitored for content. Let's ALL remember Paul's words in Romans 12:18, "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.”

Thank you for your cooperation.

You have a bit mixed up. Mercy is available to all, grace is given to believers. This is why Jesus Christ can only come into your life IF you believe. If you do not believe, he cannot work in your life.

MERCY

Yes, I can agree with that Mercy is available to all: in seeming contrary to what I posted in another thread the Mercy is not available to all. (thread Grace - Mercy - Love - Forgiveness post #5)

As Mr. Siloam pointed out in that thread (post #6); MERCY is there ALL the TIME, available all the TIME to ALL. But there should be an INIQUITY to exist before MERCY will be exercised it added.

But: if I might add: it has to be ASKED for, someone need to shout for (or ask) MERCY.

In secular Laws: there is this amnesty or Presidential Pardon… it is always available to all.

But one need to apply for it: ie: application for Mercy (ie: it necessitates admission of guilt)

Precisely in the news in my country lately: a Senator who used to be a military man who started a failed rebellion in the past was given Presidential Pardon in the past administration.

And this Senator is a critic of the new administration.

Suddenly, for some reason in the new administration: that APPLICATION letter for PARDON is missing. Thus: the Pardon is put into question.
And an independent court law agrees: that the Senator need to provide that Application Letter.

GRACE

It is available to all as I see it.

My basis: a secular definition of Grace:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grace

Noun
grace
1. Elegant movement; poise or balance.
The dancer moved with grace and strength.

That graceful dance is available for all to see.

Although yes, above mentioned are coming from secular definition/ point of view, no Biblical verse to support what GRACE is.

Thanks for the thread: it got me researching more what GRACE in biblical terms… although initial thought I have is GRACE more nearer to LOVE than Mercy is nearer to LOVE..

Last edited:
Note to Moderators: Please allow me to reply to Fish Catcher Jim because it is a great example of directly addressing someone's behavior to oneself.

This scripture is not telling us to go point out everything we "feel" was a sin against us.
In order to go to some one every time we feel offended only means we major in being offended and that's something that needs to change.

You misunderstand me. I did not say that. I clearly advise AGAINST repeatedly allowing someone to offend you, AGAINST repeatedly engaging with the offender.

Stand up for yourself? What scripture tells us we need to do this because it borders on the spirit of selfishness or all about self.

The word "self" is not a slur. Mark 12:31 "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." You should stand up against injustice, even if it is against yourself.

Again this simply can not be.
Forgiveness is something we are commanded to do. It has nothing to do with how the other person sees it.

I did say to forgive. I did say the other person's response was not our duty.

It needs to be something huge before one needs to confront another.

Wrongo. You do not have to do something huge in order to sin. The mere process of thinking wrongly is a sin. "Thou shalt not covet..." means desiring something which belongs to someone else, not actually stealing it, and even that is one of the Ten Commandments. When we confess our sins, we include those "in thought" as well as "in deed."

Take NOTE....no place in the Scripture of the New Testament are we told the other person has to do anything. No, we are told to forgive.

Yes, it does. You read my post, right? Jesus commands us to go to the offender and air our grievance. I didn't say the offender HAD to do ANYTHING. In fact, I said it is not our duty to make him admit to wrongdoing because he will be judged by God on Judgement Day. I did say it was our duty to go to the offender instead of talking about his offense behind his back.

This is nonsense.
You will feel better if you defend yourself..
That's Pleasing the Flesh.

Fish Catcher Jim, you are doing exactly what you criticize me for recommending. You are feeling better because you are defending yourself from the offense you took at my post.

I am new here. Your reply was my first encounter with this Christian group.

We continue to forgive because we walk in Love and walk as God has told us.

Walk in love, but don't let people walk on you.

Nice Try but one can not simply pull out scripture and use it any way they wish.
In context this scripture was given to the Disciples as they were sent to PREACH the Good News of Jesus.
This has nothing to do with forgiving some one.

Yes, it does. We are living examples of Jesus's teachings. When we forgive as an example of our Christian beliefs, we are spreading the teachings of Jesus by putting them into action with non-believers. When others reject that model, the scripture I quoted is applicable.

You read a couple of threads and you already judged her ex guilty of not being able to behave.
Truth is......Annie needs to deal with her heart towards him. Also you really do not know the complete situation.

I don't need to know the whole situation, nor do I want to know it. I am simply trying to help Annie by giving her a simple, legal procedure to protect herself under the law.

It's not our business how others act towards us but it is our business how we act towards them.

Yes, it is our business how others act towards us. Again, Jesus clearly tells us to speak to the offender about how he acted towards us.

Wow. Fish Catcher Jim, I do not feel welcome here because of you. Try to offer some positive words. Try to be friendly. It was tiring and time-consuming to respond to your many negative comments.

Of course Jesus Christ is available to all.
I guess the difference is, Jesus gives of himself only to those who are willing to recieve? Because, Jesus was rejected by many i.e, the proud. So someone even like Paul, had to be humbled to recieve Jesus..if you recall he was blind for about three days and couldnt see anything until the scales fell from his eyes. Then he realised that God was calling him with a mission. So he got baptized. He was willing to be a vessel to the gentiles. He repented. He believed.

God gave Paul grace upon grace and he changed from hating and persecuting believers to telling the world about Jesus.

Its kind of like say someone puts on a public event and everyone is invited, its free. But only those who decide to go will enjoy it.

On forgiveness, the good news of Jesus Christ has EVERYTHING to do with being able to forgive.

Why because Jesus Christs blood was the pardon on the mercy seat. If someone does not accept that Jesus blood paid for their sin, they cannot be redeemed! This goes not only for our own sin, but for theirs.

It is the ONLY acceptable sacrifice. It is the only eay we can truly forgive. Without blood there is no redemption. Hebrews 9:22 says without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

It would be like ok lets give an example, say yoour child is really dirty but you forgive them because you giving your child a bath. Or say your dog if you have one. If they not even going to get in the water, they cannot be clean. They cannot even clean themselves up properly, its only by your scrubbing action they can be clean.

Have you ever washed someones feet? This is what Jesus did. He didnt tell people, go wash you own. He said go wash others. Remember Peter was not willing (at first) to have his feet washed by Jesus. He tried to avoid this! How could Peter be clean if he would not consent to have his feet washed?? JEsus offered this to Peter.

It would be silly to refuse forgiveness if its offered to you. But this is what some people sadly do, they reject it. They will not receive the Lord Jesus. Therefore, they cannot be forgiven!

Wow. Fish Catcher Jim, I do not feel welcome here because of you. Try to offer some positive words. Try to be friendly. It was tiring and time-consuming to respond to your many negative comments.

Greetings,
I apologize I came across like that to you.
As I said you shared what you believe as I did the same. There really was no negative comments involved.

I would like to offer unto you the chance to dig in deeper in these topics and we can allow God's word to show us what is right.

If you would be interested in this let me know and we can START a new thread .
I do not desire to continue anything in this thread.

Thank you for your reply and looking forward to studying this out.
Have a Blessed Day
FCJ

If you two want to start another thread thats fine but I will continue with this topic if you both dont mind, please be at peace with one another and remember we all come with different life experiences and encounters with Jesus. I encourage everyone to dig deep into the Word and share what they have learned. We can only share what we've learned so far our journey not one of us knows every single thing there is to know about Gods mercy and grace. Remember those whove been forgiven much, love much, those whove been forgiven little, love little. Jesus reminds us of this when he spoke of Mary Magdalene. See Luke 7:36-50

GOd has been teaching me about the difference between mercy and grace and how they both relate to forgiveness.

GOd has been teaching me about the difference between mercy and grace and how they both relate to forgiveness.
Greetings my Sister,
See how that worked out. :)
Several of my Pastors are big on pushing one to find out for themselves on things. What this does is teach us to study differently and in the end Draws our Relationship with the Father even closer.
We as children tend to learn more this way.

Enjoy this time for it is Priceless.

P.S the reason I said I had no desire to post in this thread anymore was to ensure if Born to Be Christian is willing to dig into each of the subjects she addressed, it won't clutter up your thread. :)

Been Praying a lot over you!!

Have a Wonderful Day
Love and Hugs
Your Brother in Christ
FCJ

With regard to mercy.

I will give a real life example that women can relate to. Please no offence FCJ but marriage betrayal is not an easy thing for a wife to deal with. The hardest thing a faithful wife can do is stay with a cheating husband. A cheating husband has no respect for his wife. Isnt that obvious?

One wife who everyone now knows her husband cheated on her many times with many women but she stayed married to him because she had two children with him although lost three others in childbirth. She took this with incredible grace by forgiving his indescretions/infidelity and coped by living rather independently of him because he was always going off with other women, he wouldnt change. Her husband had a very high profile and a divorce would have left her children without any financial means and ruined her so-called husbands career and reputation. Well when the tables were turned and she decided if hes not going to care for me I will do my own thing and she was coming to the attention of other men guess what he got jealous. So he asked she come back and stick with him and they were riding in a car one day together, everyone had come out to see them because of their high profile all was going well and everyone who saw them together imagined they were still a happy married couple. Then he got shot in the head by a passer by and his brains were all over her hands.

Who can explain this random shooting? The wife was traumatised and now a widow, but that also meant she was released from having to live a lie. Is this mercy? She was not killed, he was. Also it meant he could not cheat on her anymore, as he was, well dead. Publically she maintained his reputation and there was a lavish funeral the entire country watched her walk that day with her children behind his coffin. Is this grace? The children did not know about their dad was a lying cheat until they became adults and was all brought to the light of day. Because as you know women who have affairs with married men will talk.

Lets look in the bible for women who were married to foolish men. Abigail was married to one such man called Nabal. Nabal was coarse and gross and selfish. When King David came with his army fleeing from Saul, Nabal who owned a lot of land refused to offer hospitality and risked Davids wrath. Abigail saved the day by circumventing a potential disaster by offering provisions without telling her husband. Nabal, who drank a lot and indulged actually died of a heart attack when hesrd about what Abigail did a few days later. King David was so impressed with Abigail that he married her.

Being married to someone who treats you and others badly is not a piece of cake. And sometimes you might wonder is it worth still being married to someone like that but these stories tell us if we remain faithful God has got this. God knows about it. He will avenge whatevers wrong. Yes there may come a time when hearts are so hardened that there is a divorce. But that is also to release others and so one can start a new life. GOd actually divorced his firstborn Israel when she repeatedly cheated on Him with idols. He let Judah go their own way. He turned to the gentiles who became part of his family but he didnt forget his first love and his first family and is still waiting for them to repent. Why does God love the gentiles when he already had his chosen ones? Well partly to make his chosen ones who had rejected him jealous! Out of mercy he let his chosen ones choose who they wanted to worship and did not force a bond they could not keep he let them go. Grace meant he was willing to stay with the ones that remained faithful.

I will give a real life example that women can relate to. Please no offence FCJ but marriage betrayal is not an easy thing for a wife to deal with

Marriage betrayal is NOT easy for any one. On that note, what do you really know about a spouses betrayal ?
What do you know about being betrayed by the one you trusted and counted on?
What do you know about entering into a covenant of marriage to only have it treated as nothing for years?

No offense Lanolin but,
I also find your examples weak because they come from what you read and saw on tv.
You really have no idea what it is like or how God would direct the steps of the one who is being betrayed.

Before you ask.....lol.....no I am not offended , upset or mad.....

Blessings
FCJ

At best, forgiveness should be an PHYSICAL action taken in which one person confronts another person, who admits to wrongdoing, so the other person can forgive him or her. Otherwise, forgiveness is limited to a MENTAL action by one person -- which God does know -- but the offender is being denied the full process, here and now, in this life, to take responsibility. (Please don't confuse that with one person saving another. I mean to say that this is a learning process, a mission that God has given us to fulfill during our lives here.)

It takes a lot of courage confront your offenders. It's easier to complain to other people. It's more peaceful forgive them inwardly without a fight. They will argue. They will deny. It's not your duty to make them admit to wrongdoing. Ultimately, they will face God at Judgement Day. But you still owe it to them to air your grievance.

In Annie's case, the court can appoint a liaison between her and her ex-husband, so that she doesn't have to talk directly to him anymore, because he cannot behave correctly

Thanks, that is very insightful post, that I researched on it.

My notes: bible verses to support as below
  1. DEAL the issue WITH the OFFENDER. and I agree on mentioned "It's not your duty to make them admit to wrongdoing."
  2. DEAL the issue with the OFFENDER LATER or may not be necessary? (if one is the one OFFENDED).. or a personal approach to the one OFFENDED my not be necessary as long as the Christian community forgave, in Unity, related to Item 4
  3. DEAL the issue IMMEDIATELY (if one is the OFFENDER)
  4. And this is my take, my personal point of view, it may be mentioned in the post: but the critical part is: in performing ITEM 1: "Dealing with the offender:" what follows next after Forgiveness is not longer part of “Forgiveness process” it is now guided by LOVE.. : to teach, to be patience, to deal with kindness: to REAFFIRM LOVE, is an extra effort to BUILD up one another.
  5. Forgiving one another is critical part of a Community of Christians, so we can never be outwit by the enemy.
Item 1
MT 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother
MT 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
MT 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

LK 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
LK 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him

Item 2
MK 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
MK 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

MT 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
MT 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
MT 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
MT 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
MT 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Item 3
MT 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
MT 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Item 4 and 5
2 Corinthians 2:5-11 New International Version (NIV)
Forgiveness for the Offender

5 If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you to some extent—not to put it too severely. 6 The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. 7 Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. 8 I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him. 9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. 10 Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, 11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes

Last edited:
MT 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother

What about first getting the mote out of your own eye first?
Another words if you are going to go point a fault out in some one else then you better have your life together with no faults of your own.

The problem with using these go confront scriptures is that they are not stand alone scriptures.

We must learn to rightly divide scriptures and we do that with Other Scriptures.
Now Research the traits of Love. That is what we are commanded in the new Testament to Love one another as He has loved us.

Now love keeps no record of wrongs and is not easily offended. So if you go confront others every time you "feel offended" then you violated the law of Love.

Not to mention ......what covenant is this teaching under? Was Jesus alive and not yet gone to the cross?

Look at your scripture example in Mark 11:25.....
If you forgive then God will forgive.....
That cuts out Jesus and what He did on the cross.

All I am saying is......when we take what we read in the bible in a particular passage and try to make a case out of it without bringing in more scriptures. ....we fall into error and have no ground to stand on.

Blessings

Back