Grafted In? Huh? What Does That Mean?

Hi bobinfaith ... I put my nose in the middle of something... HA. I have been trying to follow this thread but not doing a very good job... however... I have enjoyed watching the topic getting discussed with respect.

Major asked Prim to explain what she meant by the term "old Nick"
I found where she explained it... but it is easily lost and missed due to being tucked away in her post.

I think she was asked this question by MM and Major.... so I interjected and tried to show Major that she did explain what she meant.

NO NO NO..... OH my goodness.... Major I am so sorry for the misunderstanding... I put my nose into the conversation BECAUSE I found the place where Prim90 answered the question about "old Nick". I thought this was going to be a helpful thing so that the conversation could continue on with a flow as it has been.

I am SO sorry to have done this. *Note for future... If you are NOT involved in a discussion.... STAY OUT OF IT. HA.
God bless you both ( Major and Prim 90 ).

NO NO NO..... OH my goodness.... Major I am so sorry for the misunderstanding... I put my nose into the conversation BECAUSE I found the place where Prim90 answered the question about "old Nick". I thought this was going to be a helpful thing so that the conversation could continue on with a flow as it has been.

I am SO sorry to have done this. *Note for future... If you are NOT involved in a discussion.... STAY OUT OF IT. HA.
God bless you both ( Major and Prim 90 ).
In awe of him. Nothing like putting your nose in the trough. I like . : ) Keep it there. You were only trying to be helpful. You have nothing to apologise for. Continue to enjoy your time on the site . Prim 👩🏻‍🔧

STAFF NOTE: After 5 pages of info, this thread has gone a bit off topic.

Please review Page 1, Post 1 in this thread for the actual topic of this thread and return to that topic line.

Thank you for your cooperation.

`

Ok, Bob, we may as well shut this thread down.
I took full blame and responsibility for "trying to help" and not doing so... Please do not let this thread close simply because I made a mistake trying to help someone see something. Sometimes people make mistakes. I will not put my nose in a conversation that I am not part of again.
God bless you MM

*Edit.... spoke one second too soon... ModeratorTeam ... my apologies.

I took full blame and responsibility for "trying to help" and not doing so... Please do not let this thread close simply because I made a mistake trying to help someone see something. Sometimes people make mistakes. I will not put my nose in a conversation that I am not part of again.
God bless you MM

*Edit.... spoke one second too soon... ModeratorTeam ... my apologies.
Not a problem at all. When threads go much over 3 pages, they inevitably drift off topic. We simply remind participants to review the first post in the thread as a bit of a reminder.

Thank you.
🙂

`

A few posts in this thread have been REMOVED because they were un-necessary to the topic.
Reference Rule 2.3 .

Thank you for your cooperation.

`

When considering that the early church began with being entirely Jewish but quickly expanded into a multicultural faith. Than it makes no sense as some have proposed and claim from the past few centuries that two seperate compartments of faith remain within in Gods plan .One composing of the Jewish faith Israel. And one composing of the gentle faith the church
Agreed.

Grafted in, as wonderful as that is, can still fall victim to eisegetical corruptions. Some of my HR friends recently claimed that the grafting in is what ties us to the requirements of Torah observation and conformance. The topic that caused this to erupt was the topic of Shabbat observance. They had all kinds of ideas as to HOW ones observes Shabbat apart from just resting. The range of ideas for observance, although limited in order to keep from sounding as though they were promoting a measure of work on that day, their list still involved considerable research and study that was antithetical to rest and communion with the LORD in prayer...resting in His presence, worshipping Him in that closet of prayer, and just refreshing in His presence.

Reverting back to the level of requirement, well, that takes away the appeal it otherwise has, and it robs us of the freedom we have in Yahshuah.

Back