Is smoking against god?

i need a smoke to relax me,i have enough to worry about in life,and death ain,t one of them.

The only "relaxation" you get from smoking is that the nicotine you're smoking, gets rid of the symptoms that your body is displaying due to not having any nicotine.

My point: If you never smoked in the first place, you would not need cigs to get you to relax. Once your body is again used to not having nicotine, then again you'll be able to relax without it.

I'm a smoker.:eek: (if you didn't already know, hee hee hee)

Besides nicotine, cigarette smokes contains hundreds of other chemicals that are horrifying. Cyanide, co2, and so on and so on and so forth.

In an interview over the internet, this lady asked..."How does it feel?" [to die from lung cancer]

The patient: Take a deeeep breath. Then sip in some more air. Then sip in some more. Try to hold that and breathe at the same time. You can only take it tiny, tiny puffs of air. That's how it feels.

:(

Don't start. It's not cool.

A start

Hey there.

There has been some great conversation going on in this thread..

I am happy to report that today was actually the first morning that I did not wake up with that huge urge wanting a cigarette.. I laid there and waited.. I laid there and waited.. hmmmmm.. ..

Today has been a good day.. no strong cravings.. smoked a couple , but I truly do believe more out of habit than anything..
On the Chantix.. and really praying for the addiction and bondage of smoking to be gone from me.

Have a super week!

Faithwoman:)

Congratulations, FaithWoman!
congratulations.gif
You are on your way! yay!
Hey, I used to be a smoker, too. For about 10 yrs. Then after I made Jesus my Lord, it was about 2 years before He started on me about quitting. It took another year before that happened.
So I would say to those that are trying to quit, dont beat yourself up when you slip.
bag.gif
Quitting is a process. It took one puff to start the addiction, but quitting takes a while. Just dust yourself off and try again. Its been 4 years now,
clap.gif
and I still occaisionally want one.
When someone comes to Jesus, oftentimes, they are not "cleaned up" right away. (Some people are, those are the blessed ones) The rest of us have to work on one or two problems at a time. If the Holy Spirit has not convicted someone to quit smoking, please get off their back and pray for them. It will come in time.
God bless you all!
smile.gif

Thanks Fluffy!

Yep he's cleaning me up, so I may go forth and follow that path he has for me.. this time it is his path..not mine..

Faithwoman

I am pleased to see you getting free!

I used to talk to a dear sweet neighbor lady who lived across the street. She would be breathing thru an oxygen mask and slipping it off to puff on her cigarettes- very sad. When I mentioned this to a coworker he told me ha was recently at a local Veterans Hospital and saw a man with throat cancer smoking thru a trach tube. They had cut a whole in his throat to breath thru and he was putting a cigarette into the air tube and smoking- what a terrible bondage and at such a terrible price. I pray God gives all the courage of my sister FaithWoman to get free!

Thanks so much!
Got to be honest.. slipped some last night and today.
Had a church meeting last night, which did not go well. long story..so the other gal and I who is trying to quit ended up having a few cigarettes afterwards.

It is all about planning and having a game plan for those darn stressful moments.

Thanks
Robin

Denial is a defense mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too painful to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

I am praying for you Mike.

Oh, FaithWoman! Please dont get discouraged! Keep on trying! It will happen. And having a game plan set up for stressful moments is always a good thing. One thing that helped me was to remember that I was a Non-Smoker at one time. And tried to remember the things I did as a non-smoker in stressful situations. That helped.

roses-1.gif

If the Holy Spirit has not convicted someone of quitting smoking, then ok, so be it. But lets encourage those who have been! Its a tough road, but not impossible. And they will need as many people to come along side them as they can get.

I did them for a little while until my pastor say me one day and advised me to stop. Though it was I hard, I took his advice. I am very glad that My pastor was able to convince me to stop

Alrighty then... I still have to plan for stressful times.
Just got home from work.. went in at 8 am .. and now 11:30 pm..

Had not had one all day.. was just a frantic.. (so i thought anyway.. )..
I did not stop and buy any.. Kept telling myself that would be spending God's money on something that was not good for me..
But then I remembered .. I had bought these gosh awful things for when I was trying to quit before.. and had not gotten rid of them.. had one ..
Ok so I am not beating myself up..
One is better than 20..

Faithwoman

Remember these words- Jesus give me strength- use them often and cling to the power He sends walking and trusting Him to deliver you!

Proud of you, FaithWoman! You made it thru the day with only one!
yesssmileyf.gif
yay! You can do it!
cheers_koala.gif
Tomorrow is a brand new day. Keep your "stress plans" in mind and like Boanerges says draw on His Strength.
emoticon67.gif

OH believe you me.. I kept on drawing today.. I could feel it at a meeting.. and when I wanted to give in to cleaning up my office tonite.. I said this is the Lord's office .. not mine.. I said that to my body when I stared at the candy machine tonite too!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the Lord's body and it does not need or want that junk..

Funny how when speaking with my boyfriend via phone and I was telling him I was stressed and such.. Then I remembered what Joyce Meyer said about worry.. we can get so caught up in worrying about tomorrow, the next month, the next year.. that we miss what God wants us to be doing today..

He told me that maybe I was getting to worked up on wanting to be in God's will :confused::confused: in so many areas at once...

Well hey if Jesus comes tomorrow.. I want to be ready.. :dance:

Faithwoman

Oh Yeah! Ready and waitin! With hands full of our crowns that we can lay at the feet of Jesus!
crown.gif
Makes ya wanna stand up and shout, dont it?:dance:
But quitting smoking is stressful all by itself.
thgaah.gif
Try not to put too much on yourself at one time. Making your office clean is one way to cope with the stress, gives your hands something to do! hey!
I like Joyce Meyers. She has a lot of good things to say about worry, stress, and seeking the Lord. Did you know she was a smoker, too? I forgot what made her quit. She started out doing her teachings at home, standing at a podium, wearing short shorts and smoking cigarettes! Just goes to show how the Holy Spirit can work in someone's life and change them, huh?
36_1_33.gif

Hang in there! We are behind ya, all the way!

Back